[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

I just upgraded to 6.4 and I'm attempting to move Deluge to it's own IP on a separate nic. I set the docker to network type=br1 with a static IP.  After adjusting the settings in Sonarr and Radarr to the new IP for Deluge neither can connect. I tried adding both dockers to br1 but that didn't help. Just get an unknown exception timeout error.

Edit: Also can't connect to the webUI.

Edited by wgstarks
3 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Use a VPN. There is an OpenVPN-AS docker if you don’t already have one setup for remote access to your LAN.

Thanks, but I'd rather not use a VPN to access my network unless I really have to do so. Right now I can access the apps via forwarded ports on the router.  I'd like to be able to access the DelugeVPN Docker app in the same manner if possible.  I have set up Nginx as a reverse proxy so that I can use names such as abc.domain.com/app instead of abc.domain.com:12345.  This works fine within my network, but not from outside. (That is, the port version works, the Nginx /app version does not work).

Right now, I'mm more interested in getting access to the DelugeVPN Docker via ports.  I'm sure I can get the Nginx portion working after.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

On 1/13/2018 at 3:49 PM, Pans said:

So 

I'm having this issue, too (route add...)

To be clear, is LAN_NETWORK supposed to be the actual LAN network, or the Docker network? Or both?

I currently have it as the LAN network , 192.168.1.0/24, but the docker network is, from memory 172.17.0.0/16.

I'm also having another issue, where the VPN_DEVICE_TYPE is set to 'tun0', then in the iptables rules, it's adding tun00, which clearly isn't right.

All of this is on a QNAP server.

Having worked around the tun00 issue, here's the log from my QNAP server trying to run things. It seems to come up, and every once in a while even gets a connection, then the openvpn crashes/bails for some reason, and we get into about a 30 second restart loop.

In this case, it's running as UID and GID 0, as I thought it might have been a permission thing, but the results are the same using the correct UID/GID for my user.

Don't know if it matters, but the docker version is 1.11.2.

I've also attached the script I'm using to create the container, in case that is helpful. I've backed off strict-port-forward and privoxy in the hope they were the issue, but without a change. Also, note that this script removes the username and password arguments. I just deleted the lines, rather than change them, but rest assured they're there on the version I'm running. 

supervisord.log

deluge.sh

Edited by Pans
13 hours ago, GWStearns said:

Could someone point me in the direction of information of how to access Deluge from outside my local network?

see the faq Q1 here:-

13 hours ago, GWStearns said:

Also, what role does/should Privoxy have in this configuration

see the same link above Q2.

10 hours ago, wgstarks said:

I just upgraded to 6.4 and I'm attempting to move Deluge to it's own IP on a separate nic. I set the docker to network type=br1 with a static IP.  After adjusting the settings in Sonarr and Radarr to the new IP for Deluge neither can connect. I tried adding both dockers to br1 but that didn't help. Just get an unknown exception timeout error.

Edit: Also can't connect to the webUI.

yeah, so obviously this hasnt been tested with the newer features available in 6.4.x, and as i tie things down tighter than a ducks ass its most probably iptables blocking the static ip, you can set debug on and post up a supervisord.log, but i'm making no promises for any sort of fix unless its simple.

5 hours ago, binhex said:

yeah, so obviously this hasnt been tested with the newer features available in 6.4.x, and as i tie things down tighter than a ducks ass its most probably iptables blocking the static ip, you can set debug on and post up a supervisord.log, but i'm making no promises for any sort of fix unless its simple.

I just set up my deluge docker with it's own IP and it's working great. It's not on an different NIC tho.. But I don't see why that would make a difference, it's just br0 vs br1. But then again I'm not a network guru of any kind.. 

I did have problems connecting to radarr and medusa at first, but then I remembered they where configured to use privoxy on the old IP. Once I updated the IP it was all good. :)

2 minutes ago, strike said:

I just set up my deluge docker with it's own IP and it's working great. It's not on an different NIC tho.. But I don't see why that would make a difference, it's just br0 vs br1. But then again I'm not a network guru of any kind.. 

I did have problems connecting to radarr and medusa at first, but then I remembered they where configured to use privoxy on the old IP. Once I updated the IP it was all good. :)

That is good to know, thanks for the info.

21 minutes ago, strike said:

I included Deluge Radarr and Sonarr all in br1 on eth1 using the same subnet as before (10.0.1.*). I could ping each one from within the docker. Could load webUI’s for Sonarr and Radarr but not Deluge. Sonarr and Radarr could not connect to Deluge after entering the proper ip in their settings. I was able to connect to Deluge using the thin client from another desktop on the LAN and Deluge was seeding files.

I reverted all my network settings last night but I’ll set it up again and pull some logs.

On 1/15/2018 at 7:05 PM, binhex said:

no you haven't, your issue is badly configured lan network:-

LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.0.1/24'

see here for how to configure it correctly, Q3:- 

Thankyou binhex your advise has sorted my download issues and also fixed other programs running through privoxy ( i need to pay more attention to setup )

from reading other posts would it be true to say that to increase my download speed (delugevpn using ipvanish = slow download) best option is to find a vpn provider that allows port forwarding

Hello All,

I'm having a hard time setting up my DelugeVPN with 6.4. I have had my DelugeVPN working great with 6.3 for a long time. Now, I did a clean install of the server and set up all my Dockers but the only one giving me an issue is DelugeVPN. I followed the video instructions on YouTube to set it up correctly and copied my PIA OpenVPN file and two certificates to the OpenVPN folder.

My DelugeVPN only starts up the first boot. Then if the server is restarted or the application is restarted, the startup gets interrupted and it DelugeVPN won't load at all.

I get this:

___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2018-01-16 18:53:44.083940 [info] Host is running unRAID
2018-01-16 18:53:44.100696 [info] System information Linux 6a63f8b542c8 4.14.13-unRAID #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 10 10:27:09 PST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2018-01-16 18:53:44.121955 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2018-01-16 18:53:44.142478 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2018-01-16 18:53:44.408538 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2018-01-16 18:53:44.428623 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2018-01-16 18:53:44.452103 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2018-01-16 18:53:44.477579 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/._CA Toronto.ovpn
dos2unix: Binary symbol 0x00 found at line 1
dos2unix: Skipping binary file /config/openvpn/._CA Toronto.ovpn
2018-01-16 18:53:44.498873 [crit] VPN configuration file /config/openvpn/._CA Toronto.ovpn does not contain 'remote' line, showing contents of file before exit...

Edited by luigi408
1 hour ago, luigi408 said:

Hello All,

I'm having a hard time setting up my DelugeVPN with 6.4. I have had my DelugeVPN working great with 6.3 for a long time. Now, I did a clean install of the server and set up all my Dockers but the only one giving me an issue is DelugeVPN. I followed the video instructions on YouTube to set it up correctly and copied my PIA OpenVPN file and two certificates to the OpenVPN folder.

My DelugeVPN only starts up the first boot. Then if the server is restarted or the application is restarted, the startup gets interrupted and it DelugeVPN won't load at all.

I get this:

I figured it out. Read the FAQs and the reason is that I was copying my PIA OpenVPN files from a Mac... Thank you, Windows!

After upgrading to the latest UnRAID Server, my DelugeVPN showed up blank - but the settings were still there and the browser tab showed bandwidth in and out and some torrents finished.  Updated DelugeVPN docket today and now nothing shows up in Deluge and the settings are all blank.

Did I lose all my settings, everything queued and everything in process?

1 hour ago, takkkkkkk said:

How can I set up port forwarding with PIA? apparently on windows, I can find out what port I'm using, but how can I do that using this app?

From the FAQ:-

•  If you are using PIA as your VPN provider then this will be done for you automatically, as long as you are connected to a endpoint that supports port forwarding (see list below) AND STRICT_PORT_FORWARD is set to "yes". If you are using another VPN provider then you will need to find out if your VPN provider supports port forwarding and what mechanism they use to allocate the port, and finally configure the application to use the port.

PIA endpoints that support port forwarding (incoming port):-

ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Toronto)
ca.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Montreal)
nl.privateinternetaccess.com (Netherlands)
swiss.privateinternetaccess.com (Switzerland)
sweden.$privateinternetaccess.com (Sweden)
france.privateinternetaccess.com (France)
ro.privateinternetaccess.com (Romania)
israel.privateinternetaccess.com (Israel)
On 1/16/2018 at 5:10 AM, binhex said:

Finally got a chance to do this. Logs attached.

supervisord.log

11 hours ago, binhex said:

From the FAQ:-

•  If you are using PIA as your VPN provider then this will be done for you automatically, as long as you are connected to a endpoint that supports port forwarding (see list below) AND STRICT_PORT_FORWARD is set to "yes". If you are using another VPN provider then you will need to find out if your VPN provider supports port forwarding and what mechanism they use to allocate the port, and finally configure the application to use the port.

PIA endpoints that support port forwarding (incoming port):-

ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Toronto)
ca.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Montreal)
nl.privateinternetaccess.com (Netherlands)
swiss.privateinternetaccess.com (Switzerland)
sweden.$privateinternetaccess.com (Sweden)
france.privateinternetaccess.com (France)
ro.privateinternetaccess.com (Romania)
israel.privateinternetaccess.com (Israel)

Thanks how can I set STRICT_PORT_FORWARD to yes? I don't see that in the option

18 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Finally got a chance to do this. Logs attached.

supervisord.log

you have incorrectly defined LAN_NETWORK, you have it set as:-

2018-01-18 11:18:22.873528 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '10.0.1.0/24'

and i can see from your log that you have set the docker container to use:-

[debug] Docker IP defined as 10.0.1.200
[info] Docker network defined as    10.0.1.0/24

so this is wrong, the docker network you have defined and the lan network are set to the same value, this is the issue, this docker container MUST operate in bridge mode and MUST have a different network to your LAN, now whether this is a misconfiguration of this container or whether you really have set both to be the same i couldn't say, but either way it needs changing, otherwise the iptable rules i have put in place cannot differentiate between the internal docker network and your lan.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

you have incorrectly defined LAN_NETWORK, you have it set as:-

2018-01-18 11:18:22.873528 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '10.0.1.0/24'

and i can see from your log that you have set the docker container to use:-

[debug] Docker IP defined as 10.0.1.200
[info] Docker network defined as    10.0.1.0/24

so this is wrong, the docker network you have defined and the lan network are set to the same value, this is the issue, this docker container MUST operate in bridge mode and MUST have a different network to your LAN, now whether this is a misconfiguration of this container or whether you really have set both to be the same i couldn't say, but either way it needs changing, otherwise the iptable rules i have put in place cannot differentiate between the internal docker network and your lan.

I tried not setting a static IP but that didn’t make any difference. The bridge network is set as 10.0.1.0/25 in docker settings. Not sure how to configure Deluge though.

4 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I tried not setting a static IP but that didn’t make any difference. The bridge network is set as 10.0.1.0/25 in docker settings. Not sure how to configure Deluge though.

if your lan network is 10.0.1.0/24 (is it?) then set your deluge network to something other than that, e.g. 10.0.2.0/24, and then ensure you have defined the container to use LAN_NETWORK 10.0.1.0/24 and you should be good.

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

if your lan network is 10.0.1.0/24 (is it?) then set your deluge network to something other than that, e.g. 10.0.2.0/24, and then ensure you have defined the container to use LAN_NETWORK 10.0.1.0/24 and you should be good.

Ok. LAN is 10.0.1.0/24 so I’ll set br1 to use 10.0.2.0/24 in docker settings and leave deluge configured for 10.0.1.0/24. Will the 10.0.1.200 static IP still work or should I change that to something else?