[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN


8664 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

I have two DeludgeVPN dockers,   I can no longer access the WebUI in either of them, but run command shows the WebUI started.   

2020-07-09 13:17:30,298 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

2020-07-09 13:17:30,299 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI started

Link to post
  • Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There has been an issue raised on GitHub related to tracker announce request IP leakage under certain circumstances, after careful review of iptables i have tightened up the rules to prevent this. A n

OK guys, multi remote endpoint support is now in for this image please pull down the new image (this change will be rolled out to all my vpn images shortly).   What this means is that the im

I wanted to summarize how I got Mullvad working with DelugeVPN as I had to piece together several "solutions" from different comments in this thread and there was some incorrect info; likely old.

Posted Images

21 hours ago, binhex said:

im getting a little confused as to the speed that triggers the issue, is it 20-30+ Megabytes/s or is it 10+ Megabits/s, if its greater than 3 Megabytes/s then i will be unable to test this.

I dont think the amount of cores has any effect 'just me blowing my horn sorry' , it seems to be speed and file size related, i found files over 2 odd gigabytes as a single file were the issue and if the speed went over about 3-4 megabit then your CPU use peaks like madness

 

Ive been shaping my large files down to 300 Kbytes and it seems to be ok. 'i know the difference between bits and bytes'

 

just add a large file over 2 gig as one file and let it go see what happens CPU should spike if speed goes over 300-400kBytes per second, I could be wrong but i did some decent trial and error to find out that

Edited by SundarNET
Link to post
I dont think the amount of cores has any effect 'just me blowing my horn sorry' , it seems to be speed and file size related, i found files over 2 odd gigabytes as a single file were the issue and if the speed went over about 3-4 megabit then your CPU use peaks like madness
 
Ive been shaping my large files down to 300 Kbytes and it seems to be ok. 'i know the difference between bits and bytes'
 
just add a large file over 2 gig as one file and let it go see what happens CPU should spike if speed goes over 300-400kBytes per second, I could be wrong but i did some decent trial and error to find out that
Ok great, thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Link to post
2 hours ago, binhex said:

Ok great, thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
 

if i get time later ill attempt to test this on other unraid servers I have access to as I just had a thought that it also could be xeon CPU related ?possibly, I can't recall if its been reported by other non Xeon users

Link to post
Just now, SundarNET said:

if i get time later ill attempt to test this on other unraid servers I have access to as I just had a thought that it also could be xeon CPU related ?possibly, I can't recall if its been reported by other non Xeon users

tbh i suspect that will be the case, we shall see!...

Link to post
Just now, binhex said:

tbh i suspect that will be the case, we shall see!...

i was going to jam a fresh install on an old AMD 8 core box i have kicking around and then we will know for sure

I also have to add I love your work most of the  stuff I use is yours

Link to post

you don't need physical access for troubleshooting stuff like that do you ?

I could just make you an account and give you access to my server if you wanna have a looky 

PM me if you like

either way im still gonna do the AMD thingy later

 

Link to post
5 hours ago, SundarNET said:

just add a large file over 2 gig as one file and let it go see what happens CPU should spike if speed goes over 300-400kBytes per second, I could be wrong but i did some decent trial and error to find out that

ok i have run a download of a 34GB single file at an average speed of 2.5MB/s with zero cpu spikes, this was running for 2 hours so i do suspect one of the following is the issue:-

 

1. cpu related - it could well be a bug in the deluge app that is triggered by certain family of processor - for ref im running a AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
 

2. storage related - i dont know if you have a cache pool setup or not?, if so it could be a BTRFS issue, BTRFS in my past experience is not the most stable filesystem and i have seen strange yo-yo effect when downloading, and whilst this shouldn't impact CPU, its still possible due to software raid calculations, try writing to a non cache pool device.

 

3. issue randomly triggered - as noted by @PeterB the issue normally is triggered '...only after many days running', so its still possible it may of triggered later on on my system.

Edited by binhex
Link to post
10 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok i have run a download of a 34GB single file at an average speed of 2.5MB/s with zero cpu spikes, this was running for 2 hours so i do suspect one of the following is the issue:-

 

1. cpu related - it could well be a bug in the deluge app that is triggered by certain family of processor - for ref im running a AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
 

2. storage related - i dont know if you have a cache pool setup or not?, if so it could be a BTRFS issue, BTRFS in my past experience is not the most stable filesystem and i have seen strange yo-yo effect when downloading, and whilst this shouldn't impact CPU, its still possible due to software raid calculations, try writing to a non cache pool device.

 

3. issue randomly triggered - as noted by @PeterB the issue normally is triggered '...only after many days running', so its still possible it may of triggered later on on my system.

i have BTRFS cache but not using 

and will keep note of the running for a few days when testing

Link to post
18 hours ago, fmp4m said:

I have two DeludgeVPN dockers,   I can no longer access the WebUI in either of them, but run command shows the WebUI started.   

2020-07-09 13:17:30,298 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

2020-07-09 13:17:30,299 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI started

 

Ok,   I have reloaded both dockers, and still can not access the WebUI for them,  There is no error indicating why I can not access.  One box is on 6.9.0-beta24 and the other is on stable.  Any ideas of what I can look at?  I verified the correct port and protocol.  I simply can not access the WebUI as if it wasn't there, but it shows it started.

Link to post
4 hours ago, fmp4m said:

 

Ok,   I have reloaded both dockers, and still can not access the WebUI for them,  There is no error indicating why I can not access.  One box is on 6.9.0-beta24 and the other is on stable.  Any ideas of what I can look at?  I verified the correct port and protocol.  I simply can not access the WebUI as if it wasn't there, but it shows it started.

This was either my fault or the beta enabled a feature I did not expect causing loss of LAN connectivity due to misrouting.  

 

Under Docker Settings (Array stopped)

Host access to custom networks:

Enabled

Preserve user defined networks:

Yes

 

was corrected to:

Host access to custom networks:

Disabled

Preserve user defined networks:

No

 

And now I have access again.

Link to post

version 2.0.4dev23

Windows 10

Chrome

 

A few days ago I had to quickly add some torrents to uTorrent instead of Deluge, so I re-associated .torrent files with uTorrent. I right clicked the .torrent file, and saved it to a folder. Then I right clicked the file and chose to open with uTorrent. Now I'm done with that project, I'd like to go back to the old way of adding torrents to Deluge. 

 

Before I would hold ctrl and left click the .torrent file. This process would save the file to /data/add, then the AutoAdd thing would start the torrent in Deluge. That doesn't work anymore. I've added the extension delugesiphon, but it's an extra step. Yes, I'm whining about one click... ;) 

 

What am I doing wrong here?

Link to post
5 hours ago, jeff.lebowski said:

version 2.0.4dev23

Windows 10

Chrome

 

A few days ago I had to quickly add some torrents to uTorrent instead of Deluge, so I re-associated .torrent files with uTorrent. I right clicked the .torrent file, and saved it to a folder. Then I right clicked the file and chose to open with uTorrent. Now I'm done with that project, I'd like to go back to the old way of adding torrents to Deluge. 

 

Before I would hold ctrl and left click the .torrent file. This process would save the file to /data/add, then the AutoAdd thing would start the torrent in Deluge. That doesn't work anymore. I've added the extension delugesiphon, but it's an extra step. Yes, I'm whining about one click... ;) 

 

What am I doing wrong here?

I set it up so that whenever I download a .torrent file and place it into a specific folder. Deluge automatically grabs it. It's the autoadd plugin. Just map a folder and download all your .torrent files into that folder. 

 

https://prnt.sc/tfvue8  preferences

https://prnt.sc/tfvuno  watch folder

 

I put mine in the torrent folder directory I have so it already starts in the data directory. In that folder I have a complete, incomplete, extracted and tors folder. I just put the .torrent files in the tors folder. Deluge does the rest.

 

Hope that helps.

Link to post

I have an issue of my own though. My max download speed won't exceed 5MiB/s even though my nzb's cap at 120MB/s. I'm routing through privateinternetaccess but I can't imagine them being that slow. I've tried with several torrents including downloading a ubuntu distro which I know should be blazing fast and it wouldn't exceed 8MiB/s. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

 

Thanks.

Link to post

Hello, wondering if someone can help me out, just built a server this week for media/game server/tbd. I'm an extreme novice at the moment. I installed deluge and got everything working. I created a share called downloads that I would like to be able to use going forward, however I also would like to be able to seed files from my media share, which deluge does not have access to.

 

I tried to add a second host path for /media, but when I put /data as the container path, I get a mounting error for having multiple /data paths. I want to keep the media and download shares separate for permissions/security reasons. How can I add a second folder to seed from?

 

Really appreciate any help/education

Link to post
On 7/9/2020 at 11:26 AM, binhex said:

im getting a little confused as to the speed that triggers the issue, is it 20-30+ Megabytes/s or is it 10+ Megabits/s, if its greater than 3 Megabytes/s then i will be unable to test this.

My internet speed is 1000/1000 megabit and unraid is showing 100% CPU on transfers around 20-30 megabytes, if i cap the speed to around 10 megabytes my CPU is fine.

 

I'm using a btrfs cache pool, i was going to change it in the next unraid release but i should be fine with a bit lower space until then. I'll change it to xfs and see what happens.

 

I'm indeed using a Xeon CPU as well.

 

Tried installing unraid on an old pc running a 4770k and im DLing at around 30 megabytes/s and i'm not seeing any CPU spikes. Though since it's a completely different system and CPU is not the only thing being different im not sure how valuable this information is.

Link to post

I’ve been delaying upgrading from Deluge v1 while I wait for plugins to get updated. Mostly the AutoRemovePlus plugin. I know at some point I’m going to need to bite the bullet and go ahead and upgrade to avoid possible issues with other dockers such as Sonarr and Radarr. I’m wondering if other people are using AutoRemovePlus successfully with current versions of Deluge? If so, which builds (I’ve seen a few)? What did you have to do to get them installed and working properly?

Link to post
On 7/11/2020 at 8:18 PM, MammothJerk said:

My internet speed is 1000/1000 megabit and unraid is showing 100% CPU on transfers around 20-30 megabytes, if i cap the speed to around 10 megabytes my CPU is fine.

 

I'm using a btrfs cache pool, i was going to change it in the next unraid release but i should be fine with a bit lower space until then. I'll change it to xfs and see what happens.

 

I'm indeed using a Xeon CPU as well.

 

Tried installing unraid on an old pc running a 4770k and im DLing at around 30 megabytes/s and i'm not seeing any CPU spikes. Though since it's a completely different system and CPU is not the only thing being different im not sure how valuable this information is.

Good news, i split up my cache and changed the filesystem to xfs, now downloading for 15~minutes @ 50megabytes/second and my cpu is sitting at around 40% with periodical 100% spikes on any of the cores, which is pretty normal usage.

 

@SundarNET do you reckon the btrfs cache pool was your issue as well? perhaps your appdata folder is stored on the cache pool?

 

edit: i've actually noticed that all of my dockers are more responsive now, definitely seems to be an issue with btrfs cache pool...

Edited by MammothJerk
Link to post

Hi.  I keep getting an error No OpenVPN config file located in /config/openvpn/ but they are there.  I'm running on Ubuntu 18.04 running Docker CE 19.03.12. I installed with these options:

docker run -d \
    --cap-add=NET_ADMIN \
    -p 8112:8112 \
    -p 8118:8118 \
    -p 58846:58846 \
    -p 58946:58946 \
    --name=delugevpn \
    -v /apps/docker/deluge/data:/data \
    -v /apps/docker/deluge/config:/config \
    -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
    -e VPN_ENABLED=yes \
    -e VPN_USER=<my_user> \
    -e VPN_PASS=<my_pass> \
    -e VPN_PROV=pia \
    -e STRICT_PORT_FORWARD=yes \
    -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes \
    -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24 \
    -e NAME_SERVERS=209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1 \
    -e DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL=info \
    -e DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL=info \
    -e ADDITIONAL_PORTS=1234 \
    -e DEBUG=false \
    -e UMASK=000 \
    -e PUID=0 \
    -e PGID=0 \
    binhex/arch-delugevpn

When I start the container I get:

2020-07-15 21:44:00.972750 [info] System information Linux 91cc90260a59 5.4.44-2-pve #1 SMP PVE 5.4.44-2 (Wed, 01 Jul 2020 16:37:57 +0200) x86_64 GNU/Linux
2020-07-15 21:44:01.016926 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2020-07-15 21:44:01.050212 [info] PUID defined as '0'
2020-07-15 21:44:01.084879 [info] PGID defined as '0'
2020-07-15 21:44:01.119972 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2020-07-15 21:44:01.153461 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2020-07-15 21:44:01.189918 [info] DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL defined as 'info'
2020-07-15 21:44:01.221706 [info] DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL defined as 'info'
2020-07-15 21:44:01.253360 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2020-07-15 21:44:01.288049 [crit] No OpenVPN config file located in /config/openvpn/ (ovpn extension), please download from your VPN provider and then restart this container, exiting...

 

The /config/openvpn folder did not exist so I started the container again, per the instructions, to try to get it to auto create but it didn't.  So I manually created it and loaded the crt, pem and ovpn files from PIA in there.

tom@vpnserver:~$ ls -al /config/openvpn
total 23
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root    5 Jul 15 21:23  .
drwxrwxrwx 3 root root    3 Jul 15 21:03  ..
-rwxrwxr-x 1 tom  tom  3157 Jul 15 21:23 'US West.ovpn'
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2025 Jul 15 21:14  ca.rsa.2048.crt
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  869 Jul 15 21:14  crl.rsa.2048.pem

I tried changing the name of the ovpn file to remove spaces but that didn't make any difference so I changed it back to the PIA name.  I set the whole folder structure to 777 to rule out permissions.

Edited by pharpe
Link to post

I apologize if this is redundant, but I've been searching and experimenting extensively...

 

Has anyone managed to have Radarr/Sonarr remove downloads after complete and imported?  If so, what are the specific settings needed?  All my downloads complete and sit in a PAUSED state after seeding, but never get removed.  I've ensured the settings in the *arr apps, and I suspect my issue may be on the Deluge side.

 

I see people use some plugins to delete these after x days, and maybe this is what I need to do, but I can see the potential for failure.  If there's a recommended plugin though, please do share that too.

 

Finally, I was already to jump to rTorrentVPN ...but I see the note that *arr apps can't remove after import.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Tomahawk51 said:

I see people use some plugins to delete these after x days, and maybe this is what I need to do, but I can see the potential for failure.  If there's a recommended plugin though, please do share that too.

I've been using the AutoRemovePlus plugin for this but I know there have been some issues getting it to work with recent versions of Deluge. I'm still on Deluge v1 presently so can't say for sure if it will work for you or which build you should use (there are several on GitHub).

Link to post
On 7/15/2020 at 8:50 AM, MammothJerk said:

Good news, i split up my cache and changed the filesystem to xfs, now downloading for 15~minutes @ 50megabytes/second and my cpu is sitting at around 40% with periodical 100% spikes on any of the cores, which is pretty normal usage.

 

@SundarNET do you reckon the btrfs cache pool was your issue as well? perhaps your appdata folder is stored on the cache pool?

 

edit: i've actually noticed that all of my dockers are more responsive now, definitely seems to be an issue with btrfs cache pool...

im going to try this asap , and yes im using btrfs cache pool of 2x 1tb ssd drives and my appdata folder is there. thanks for the update

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.