[Support] binhex - Plex

Hi everyone, this issue had popped up recently in that my Plex server appears to refuse to transcode. Many users and clients are reporting getting the 'Not enough CPU' error message or files just aren't working. 

I've got an Unraid server running an i7 8770 with 16 GB of RAM.

PMS is the Binhex docker container. I have had hardware acceleration working perfectly for several years, until now.

Server logs attached

Thanks in advance.

Plex Media Server Logs_2023-12-30_17-28-51.zip

I have a problem with binhex_plex not recognizing all my music files.   I'm running 2 Unraid systems and this appears to be only happening on system #2, but I'm afraid to remove and re-add for fear of them not coming back.

Both systems running the latest version of Unraid (6.12) and binhex_plex docker.

System #1 - Music was loaded over a year ago and seems to have no problems.   This would imply there is nothing wrong with the mp3 files themselves or the naming format.  It could be possible, Plex changed since I added the files, but I use the same naming convention for all my music so I wonder how it could be fine for some and not others.

System #2 -   I noticed earlier this year some of my music was not listed in Plex.  I did the folder listing and the folder was present from within Plex.  No issues accessing the files from the OS.

Here is a list of debugging steps I took,  all of which did not work.

- I copied the files out of directory and then back in.  

- I checked and updated the mp3 metadata.

- Renamed Directory and mp3 files.

- Various shut-downs of Plex docker and Unraid itself.

- Created new Library with different path and copied files into it.

- Installed the binhex plexpass docker and it wouldn't show up there.

- Removed all plex dockers, did a rm -rf in the appdata directories and re-installed binhex-plex.

- note:  this made it worse.  Now, only 5% of my music is showing up.   The scan files operation finishes really quickly.

I'm at a loss as I've used Plex and these files (as is) for the last 6-7 years with no issues at all.  I thought nuking them and starting over would remove any corruption problems that might be occurring.  The scan files operation seems to be passing right over them.   

Hi All,

I need help adding a 2nd share (solely a 4k share) to my plex server. I have set up 2 new instances of radarr and sonarr just for 4k as per TRaSH guides (they need to have separate root locations for hardlinks to work) and now I need to link the new share to plex. The issue I am having is when I add a 2nd path to the plex docker settings, it doesn't work (the docker image becomes orphaned).

My main media share consists of every from 1080p and below while the other share is solely 4k. Any ideas how to do this?

My shares are "data" and "data4k" in unraid (data4k > media4k is the one I want to add) and the structures are below:

plexmedia
├── torrents
└── media
     ├── movies
     └── tv
plexmedia4k
 ├── torrents4k
 └── media4k
     ├── movies4k
     └── tv4k

UPDATE: Nevermind, rather than adding 2 separate share paths in the docker settings, I just changed the one that was already there by taking it back a level so it could see all my shares. For example:
currently had:  /mnt/user/plexmedia

changed to :   /mnt/user/

Edited by Daburgers
  • 1 month later...

Hi binhex
Having an issue, hope you can advise :)

Plex Issues
Server was off for around 3months
Changed hardware, booted, Plex etc was working fine
Updated Unraid and all apps, dockers etc
Soon realised that Plex was no longer functioning

Current Unraid Version: 6.12.6
Plex Docker: binhex-plex
Current Plex Version: binhex/arch-plex:1.32.5.7516-1-02 (It was on the most recent when i experienced the issues)

The logs are telling me this:
Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: attempt to write a readonly database (N4soci10soci_errorE)

Things I have tried so far

1. Shut no shut container

2. Followed steps in this thread:

3. Tried running the db repair tool, but I dont believe I have a DB corruption issue, I followed that batch script from github and then tried manually, I got:
root@server:/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plex/databasetools/plexmediaserver# ./"Plex SQLite" "/mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-plex/Plex Media Server/Pl
ug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db" "PRAGMA integrity_check"
ok

4. I tried changing plex versions by amending the binhex tags to a few previous versions, but still same issue.

I am not 100% sure on what to do next, maybe remove container and go again?

Cheers

34 minutes ago, STABILO-BOSS said:

Hi binhex

Plex Issues

Current Plex Version: binhex/arch-plex:1.32.5.7516-1-02 (It was on the most recent when i experienced the issues)

Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: attempt to write a readonly database (N4soci10soci_errorE)

3. Tried running the db repair tool, but I dont believe I have a DB corruption issue, I followed that batch script from github and then tried manually, I got:
root@server:/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plex/databasetools/plexmediaserver# ./"Plex SQLite" "/mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-plex/Plex Media Server/Pl
ug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db" "PRAGMA integrity_check"
ok

4. I tried changing plex versions by amending the binhex tags to a few previous versions, but still same issue.

Cheers

I renamed the appdata folder and it appears to be working using the newly created one.

I am going through Plex first time setup, is there anything I can do to get all my old settings?

12 hours ago, STABILO-BOSS said:

Hi binhex

Plex Issues

ok

Cheers

sounds like permissions issues to me, try stopping the container then delete the file /config/perms.txt, then start the container, be patient this will be resetting permissions for all files and folders within your /config folder, it may a few minutes then see if you have access.

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, CopesaCola said:

I'm pretty sure it's Intel, I'm running a TerraMaster F2-223 if that helps

19 minutes ago, CopesaCola said:

Dual-Core N4505 Processor

not gone through this as i have a discrete nvidia card, but this looks like it should guide you through it:- 

[solved] it was a login issue...

hi

binhex/arch-plex:latest

i got an error since few days

16/02/202413:14:07

2024-02-16 08:14:07,918 INFO success: plexmediaserver entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

16/02/202413:14:22

2024-02-16 08:14:22,291 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stdout output:

16/02/202413:14:22

Critical: libusb_init failed

the homepage is not loading => infinite loader

++

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by ibasaw
On 2/9/2024 at 9:05 AM, CopesaCola said:

I'm pretty sure it's Intel, I'm running a TerraMaster F2-223 if that helps

I can help here, I have a F4-223. I found this tidbit of information on Reddit:

To enable Intel Quicksync on Terramaster, open terminal and paste the following command:

echo "options i915 enable_guc=3" > /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf

Exit terminal and then reboot the server.

Do this, then add the usual config line into Plex docker and it should work. It did for me.

• Like 1

Hi @binhex, suddenly I'm getting this error when trying to play media on my tv:

[Req#50a8] Unable to find client profile for device; platform=webOS, platformVersion=5.5.0, device=webOS 5.5.0, model=OLED65CX8LB

The plex client on my tv has been updated on 2024-01-25 and worked well right after that. It seems that 1.40.0.7998 you uploaded 5 days ago might have broken that somehow. Any idea what it could be?

EDIT:

Doesn't seem to be related to your problem, getting the same issue with 1.32.8.7639-1-01. Now the quest begins to find out what broke...

EDIT2:

The media is playable with binhex-plexpass, no idea what is different there...

EDIT3:

Just to wrap up in case someone encounters the same issue: I ended up using binhex-plexpass and rescanning all my media. Restoring a backup made binhex-plexpass have the same issue. My problem is solved, I hope it doesn't happen again though.

Edited by epp
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a power outage last night. Power was only restored this morning.
I am using a UPS so the system seems to have gracefully shut down. 
However, after rebooting the unraid server, I amd able to run all my Dockers except for binhex-plex.
I've reinstalled the container and image. 
I seem to be unable to reach the PMS container. I've ran checks on my network and all the proper ports are still opened.
Nothing seems out of place.
Yet I cannot acces PMS.

Anyone have an idea about what this can be?

Edited by couzin2000
3 hours ago, couzin2000 said:

I had a power outage last night. Power was only restored this morning.
I am using a UPS so the system seems to have gracefully shut down. 
However, after rebooting the unraid server, I amd able to run all my Dockers except for binhex-plex.
I've reinstalled the container and image. 
I seem to be unable to reach the PMS container. I've ran checks on my network and all the proper ports are still opened.
Nothing seems out of place.
Yet I cannot acces PMS.

Anyone have an idea about what this can be?

I'm currently dealing with the same problem. I'll let you know what I find.

12 minutes ago, Milo Schwartz said:

I'm currently dealing with the same problem. I'll let you know what I find.

Check in /config/Plex Media Server. My Preferences.xml is present, but seems empty. Not sure how that could have happened. A permissions error? 

not sure how to regen the file as I do not have a backup of this (and this is the last time I don't have one).

22 minutes ago, couzin2000 said:

Check in /config/Plex Media Server. My Preferences.xml is present, but seems empty. Not sure how that could have happened. A permissions error? 

not sure how to regen the file as I do not have a backup of this (and this is the last time I don't have one).

Yeah mine is empty as well, but if I delete the container's config and let it recreate everything, the same problem occurs. 

On 3/1/2024 at 5:17 AM, couzin2000 said:

but Preferences.xml is not part of the container if I'm not mistaken

correct, it's not part of the image, its generated when you configure plex.

On 3/1/2024 at 5:17 AM, couzin2000 said:

Still not sure how to recup this file.

before getting into that it might be worth working out if you have database corruption or not, see Q4:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/plex.md and if so move onto Q5.

Hi all,

I'm having a really strange problem with plex transcoding using an NVIDIA GPU on my unraid server. I've setup all the required variables for plex to see the nvidia GPU and it works 100% of the time using the mobile app and asking plex to convert. Using nvidia-smi I can see the transcode running on the GPU. This problem only seems to affect media transcoding in a web browser or the plex windows app. Windows app shows: An unknown error occurred (4294967279) when trying to force a lower quality transcode.

Unraid server: 6.12.8

Latest Binhex-plex app
i5-3570K CPU
16Gb ram
NVIDIA 1050Ti 4Gb

So I'm running lower end hardware which I will likely upgrade in the future, shifting the transcoding to my GPU to save my CPU for other tasks. Do you think I'm having problems due to the 1050ti capabilities? Is there any logs I can check to see why the transcode is not working? When this happens I see the process in nvidia-smi then it quickly disappears and the media is not transcoded but watching in the mobile app the transcode keeps running.

I tested the same thing in Jellyfin and everything works 100% there. Only difference I see between the two is nvidia-smi for plex shows:
plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder
and jellyfin shows:
/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg

Tried various other Plex variants available from the apps section but they all display the same behaviour. Bit of a pain knowing I paid to test the service and the free alternative seems to perform better!

Can anyone point me in the right direction to see why this is not working in the browser and windows app?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

I am having an issue with opening the WebUI for Binhex-Plex. When I do attempt, I get the following message from from the resulting web page.    "This page isn’t working 192.168.40.18 didn’t send any data."   
The ports and network configuration seems to be ok. Below is a capture of the docker's configurations. Everything seems to be in order.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Plex_a.thumb.jpg.acc56ce43d0e104fc20b7edc0c190953.jpg

Below is Plex Docker Log file.:

2024-03-15 10:50:59.996091 [info] Host is running unRAID
2024-03-15 10:51:00.032267 [info] System information Linux NasTerminal1 6.1.74-Unraid #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Feb  2 11:06:32 PST 2024 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2024-03-15 10:51:00.072639 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2024-03-15 10:51:00.155144 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2024-03-15 10:51:00.222610 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2024-03-15 10:51:00.267529 [info] Permissions already set for '/config'
2024-03-15 10:51:00.320554 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2024-03-15 10:51:00.377697 [info] TRANS_DIR defined as '/config/transcode'
2024-03-15 10:51:00.429170 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2024-03-15 10:51:00,752 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/plexmediaserver.conf" during parsing
2024-03-15 10:51:00,752 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2024-03-15 10:51:00,758 INFO supervisord started with pid 7
2024-03-15 10:51:01,761 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 52
2024-03-15 10:51:01,762 INFO reaped unknown pid 8 (exit status 0)
2024-03-15 10:51:01,816 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stderr output:
Plex Media Server is already running. Will not start...

2024-03-15 10:51:01,823 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22658978613968 for <Subprocess at 22658980888080 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2024-03-15 10:51:01,823 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22658980677008 for <Subprocess at 22658980888080 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2024-03-15 10:51:01,824 WARN exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 1; not expected)
2024-03-15 10:51:01,824 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2024-03-15 10:51:02,827 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 58
2024-03-15 10:51:03,828 INFO success: plexmediaserver entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2024-03-15 10:51:16,235 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stdout output:
Critical: libusb_init failed

Edited by StephenCND