Jump to content
binhex

[Support] binhex - Plex

301 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 7/18/2018 at 4:13 AM, binhex said:

 

assuming you are a unraid user its dead easy, you simply go to the unraid web ui, docker tab, click on 'check for updates' button at the bottom of the screen, if there are any updates pending then you will then see an additional button appear to install the updates, or if you want to automate this then install the excellent CA auto update plugin.

Tried updating as mentioned above. Cycles through, restarted binhex-plexpass but version still shows as 1.13 in General section of Plex. Didn't change. 

 

Edit: Okay I'm dense. I read 1.13 as 1.1.3....Firestick was just hiccuping I guess. Still working through it. 

Edited by valhalla540

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/22/2018 at 10:26 PM, mfjonesy said:

I'm having an issue with certain files not being read by Plex. It's a TV show and only one episode per season is showing up even though they are all named the same way. I'm assuming it's some sort of permissions issue. I can play back all the episodes fine on another PC using SMB. I downloaded the shows using the binhex DelugeVpn docker image from CA. The only other service I'm running is a Ubuntu VM. I've never had a problem like this and as far I know nothing changed to cause it. I've also tried the limetech plex docker container but that was having the same issue. Does anyone have any idea how I might be able to fix it? Thanks

I was able to fix my issue by deleting the entire plex appdata folder and switching to the "official" plex docker container and then rebuilding the appdata. Just a heads up for anyone with the same issue!

Share this post


Link to post

Hello and thanks for the help with the issue I recently had.

This is something I noticed and it may be contained to my instance.

When I open Plex it shows as !Not Secure and is an http connection. This is an issue I have not had in the past and may have something to do with the fact that my OS drive on the computer I am using to connect to the server with crapped out and I had to replace it with a new SSD and a new install of Win10.

Is the connection to your docker https? or is that strictly a client issue?

thanks-

Share this post


Link to post

I feel like the biggest idiot in the world right now.

 

I've installed the binhex PlexPass docker.  I assumed (there's that word) that it would install Plex Media Server on my Unraid system (6.6.6).  So, I install the docker, and open the webui and it tells me it can't find a PMS (really??) and...

 

"Install your new server

Excellent. Check your download location for Plex Media Server and install it. Once it's running, check back here and we'll get you set up."

 

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I am running Unraid in a VLAN.  All my media is already installed and ready to be imported into Plex.

 

Is this normal?  If so, which version do I have to download?  Or, more likely, which step did I miss that's keeping me from installing PMS?

 

Thank you for your help (and your really nice dockers--I'm using quite a few of them right now).

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Moose_Flunky said:

I've installed the binhex PlexPass docker.  I assumed (there's that word) that it would install Plex Media Server on my Unraid system (6.6.6).  So, I install the docker, and open the webui and it tells me it can't find a PMS (really??)

I use a different Plex docker, but, I am sure the concept is the same with this one.  The docker installation is the Plex Media Server.  You do not download and install PMS separately.

 

When I installed the Plex docker, I got the same message about installing a server, but, after a few minutes, it sorted itself and presented the name of my unRAID server as the Plex server.

 

When you say you are running unRAID in a VLAN, what does that mean? Do you have a static IP address assigned to your unRAID server?  Did you install the docker in host mode so it is just piggy backing off the same server IP address, or, did you install the docker on a custom network/Docker VLAN and specify an IP address on a different subnet than the unRAID server?

 

It might help if you posted your docker run command.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Hoopster said:

When you say you are running unRAID in a VLAN, what does that mean? Do you have a static IP address assigned to your unRAID server?  Did you install the docker in host mode so it is just piggy backing off the same server IP address, or, did you install the docker on a custom network/Docker VLAN and specify an IP address on a different subnet than the unRAID server?

 

Thank you for your response.  I have a managed switch with my Unraid server in Vlan 30.  I assigned it a static IP address of 10.0.30.200, and I've been able to get all my other dockers to run without issues (except for Unifi, but that's my lack of understanding).  According to the docker page, the network is set to HOST.  I just stopped and restarted the docker, and the webui takes me to the same screen as before--unable to find a server.

 

I don't know how to generate the docker run command that you asked about.

 

Here is a shot of the most recent log

 

https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2019-01-14 21:55:39.169525 [info] System information Linux ******* 4.18.20-unRAID #1 SMP Fri Nov 23 11:38:16 PST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2019-01-14 21:55:39.205220 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2019-01-14 21:55:39.242475 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2019-01-14 21:55:39.331902 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2019-01-14 21:55:39.366661 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2019-01-14 21:55:39.401726 [info] TRANS_DIR defined as '/config/transcode'
2019-01-14 21:55:39.437826 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2019-01-14 21:55:39,602 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/plexmediaserver.conf" during parsing
2019-01-14 21:55:39,602 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2019-01-14 21:55:39,604 INFO supervisord started with pid 8
2019-01-14 21:55:40,607 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 49
2019-01-14 21:55:40,607 INFO reaped unknown pid 9
2019-01-14 21:55:41,609 INFO success: plexmediaserver entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Moose_Flunky said:

I don't know how to generate the docker run command that you asked about.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Got it. Thanks.

 

Stopping container: binhex-plexpass

Successfully stopped container 'binhex-plexpass'

 

Removing container: binhex-plexpass

Successfully removed container 'binhex-plexpass'

 

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-plexpass' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Phoenix" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TRANS_DIR'='/config/transcode' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-plexpass' 

55f6110dd929995b0b5ce78e6f5fd08ed03e76e4010d3beb70bfe83475c5242e

The command finished successfully!

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Moose_Flunky said:

Hoopster

 

I attached the docker run command to my previous message.  I still cannot get the PMS to come up

 

I don't see anything unusual in your docker run command.  Everything looks to be normal.

 

I wish I could tell you why the WebUI is not finding your Plex Media Server.  As I said, I run a different docker app for Plex, so, perhaps someone also running Binhex Plex has seen something similar and can help.

 

It almost appears as if somehow the webUI and the PMS/docker are not communicating because of some networking issue.  It is possible with docker VLANs to isolate dockers from the unRAID host such that they do not communicate, but, that does not appear to be an issue here.  Your Plex docker is in host mode on unRAID.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Hoopster said:

I don't see anything unusual in your docker run command.  Everything looks to be normal.

 

I wish I could tell you why the WebUI is not finding your Plex Media Server.  As I said, I run a different docker app for Plex, so, perhaps someone also running Binhex Plex has seen something similar and can help.

 

Does the installation need any particular ports to be open?  I know I have to do some port forwarding from my router to get some things communicating from the server to the big, wide world.

 

So, is PMS actually installed buy inaccessible, or is it stalling out during the installation?  Is there any way to tell?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Moose_Flunky said:

Does the installation need any particular ports to be open?

yes it does need ports open to be visible on your LAN, but for this particular image you dont need to define them as it runs in "host" mode and thus do not need to (and cannot) define the ports for the container.

As far as incoming ports then yes if you want to connect to your plex server outside of your network then you will either need to turn on uPnP on your router or set a static port in plex and manually create the port forward on your router, the choice is yours as to which you do.

 

3 hours ago, Moose_Flunky said:

So, is PMS actually installed buy inaccessible,

PMS is most definitely installed and works with the current latest image (i eat my own dog food), if you are having problems accessing the server then its most probably LAN related in some manner, so just check things like vlan, firewall, router etc and make sure its not being blocked.

 

Share this post


Link to post

@binhex

 

Thanks! I finally got it running.  It took quite a bit of installing and un-installing to get it running.  I eventually had to take my unRaid box out of my vlan (which was a pain, since the vlan was providing DHCP and routing), attach the box to a stand-alone modem that I could configure with the correct dhcp range, and then re-install.  Once I did that, the Plex library came up.  Interestingly, I was then able to put my Unraid box BACK into my vlan in it's former configuration and everything worked like a charm.  Something about the vlan was keeping the library from initializing, but once configured it had no issues.

 

Great package, btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Hi

 

I can seem to access the GUI, The docker starts but when I click on the GUI I get "The connection was reset". Anyone else had this issue?

Edited by IrishBiker

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/25/2018 at 1:55 PM, binhex said:

note /transcode can be named anything you want

 

I want to transcode to ram - create a new volume mapping, host path /tmp container path /transcode then define TRANS_DIR so that it points at ram drive e.g.:-


TRANS_DIR=/transcode

/transcode maps to host path /tmp

Hi binhex and unRAID community,

 

I just wanted to confirm something regarding this config. I am using binhex-plexpass and does have a plex pass subscription. So i just want to confirm if I have to do this still, in order to encode to ram instead of cache. Or does it know enough to automatically does that with the default /config/transcode setting? Please let me know. I have been searching for a while but not too clear on this. Thank you very much ahead of time.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Soldius said:

if I have to do this still, in order to encode to ram instead of cache

yes, and btw you are in the wrong support thread, this is for plex not plex pass.

Share this post


Link to post

I just tried moving from the limetech image to this one and once I'd fiddled to match the config folder structure it all worked fine. However I'm getting the odd transcoding error viewing a film on an iPad that doesn't happen with the limetech one? Any ideas as to what the cause could be?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Hey everyone. I have run into a problem where my plexpass dock is just throwing a "refused to connect" error any time I try to access it.

I think my config is right but nothing changed and then one day it just stopped working.

 

The log for the plexpass docker looks like this:

"2019-04-06 18:29:38.475582 [info] System information Linux unRAID 4.18.20-unRAID #1 SMP Fri Nov 23 11:38:16 PST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2019-04-06 18:29:38.515509 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2019-04-06 18:29:38.688976 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2019-04-06 18:29:38.904732 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2019-04-06 18:29:38.930184 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2019-04-06 18:29:38.955780 [info] TRANS_DIR defined as '/config/transcode'
2019-04-06 18:29:39.040982 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2019-04-06 18:29:39,708 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/plexmediaserver.conf" during parsing
2019-04-06 18:29:39,708 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2019-04-06 18:29:39,711 INFO supervisord started with pid 8
2019-04-06 18:29:40,712 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 54
2019-04-06 18:29:40,713 INFO reaped unknown pid 9
2019-04-06 18:29:41,713 INFO success: plexmediaserver entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2019-04-06 18:29:42,062 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464114988168 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2019-04-06 18:29:42,062 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464114990256 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2019-04-06 18:29:42,062 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2019-04-06 18:29:42,062 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-04-06 18:29:43,064 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 59
2019-04-06 18:29:43,210 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464131352336 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2019-04-06 18:29:43,210 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464114465896 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2019-04-06 18:29:43,210 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2019-04-06 18:29:43,210 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-04-06 18:29:44,212 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 64
2019-04-06 18:29:44,410 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464131352336 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2019-04-06 18:29:44,410 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464114971856 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2019-04-06 18:29:44,410 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2019-04-06 18:29:44,410 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-04-06 18:29:46,413 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 69
2019-04-06 18:29:46,546 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464131352336 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2019-04-06 18:29:46,546 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464114465536 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2019-04-06 18:29:46,546 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2019-04-06 18:29:46,546 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-04-06 18:29:49,550 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 74
2019-04-06 18:29:49,697 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464131352336 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2019-04-06 18:29:49,697 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464114971856 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2019-04-06 18:29:49,698 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2019-04-06 18:29:49,698 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-04-06 18:29:50,698 INFO gave up: plexmediaserver entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly"

screened.jpg

Edited by JohnGrosshans
added log

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, JohnGrosshans said:

Hey everyone. I have run into a problem where my plexpass dock is just throwing a "refused to connect" error any time I try to access it.

I think my config is right but nothing changed and then one day it just stopped working.

 

The log for the plexpass docker looks like this:

"2019-04-06 18:29:38.475582 [info] System information Linux unRAID 4.18.20-unRAID #1 SMP Fri Nov 23 11:38:16 PST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2019-04-06 18:29:38.515509 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2019-04-06 18:29:38.688976 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2019-04-06 18:29:38.904732 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2019-04-06 18:29:38.930184 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2019-04-06 18:29:38.955780 [info] TRANS_DIR defined as '/config/transcode'
2019-04-06 18:29:39.040982 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2019-04-06 18:29:39,708 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/plexmediaserver.conf" during parsing
2019-04-06 18:29:39,708 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2019-04-06 18:29:39,711 INFO supervisord started with pid 8
2019-04-06 18:29:40,712 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 54
2019-04-06 18:29:40,713 INFO reaped unknown pid 9
2019-04-06 18:29:41,713 INFO success: plexmediaserver entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2019-04-06 18:29:42,062 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464114988168 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2019-04-06 18:29:42,062 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464114990256 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2019-04-06 18:29:42,062 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2019-04-06 18:29:42,062 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-04-06 18:29:43,064 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 59
2019-04-06 18:29:43,210 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464131352336 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2019-04-06 18:29:43,210 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464114465896 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2019-04-06 18:29:43,210 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2019-04-06 18:29:43,210 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-04-06 18:29:44,212 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 64
2019-04-06 18:29:44,410 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464131352336 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2019-04-06 18:29:44,410 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464114971856 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2019-04-06 18:29:44,410 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2019-04-06 18:29:44,410 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-04-06 18:29:46,413 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 69
2019-04-06 18:29:46,546 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464131352336 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2019-04-06 18:29:46,546 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464114465536 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2019-04-06 18:29:46,546 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2019-04-06 18:29:46,546 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-04-06 18:29:49,550 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 74
2019-04-06 18:29:49,697 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464131352336 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2019-04-06 18:29:49,697 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22464114971856 for <Subprocess at 22464114988240 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2019-04-06 18:29:49,698 INFO exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2019-04-06 18:29:49,698 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit
2019-04-06 18:29:50,698 INFO gave up: plexmediaserver entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly"

screened.jpg

My settings are the same with the exception of I don't have privileged on have you tried without it on

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, mrbilky said:

My settings are the same with the exception of I don't have privileged on have you tried without it on

turned off privileged and still nothing :/

Edited by JohnGrosshans
spelling

Share this post


Link to post

I got impatient and deleted the old docker, renamed the appdata folder for it old-binhex-plexpass and reinstalled. It's chugging through my libraries now. Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
I got impatient and deleted the old docker, renamed the appdata folder for it old-binhex-plexpass and reinstalled. It's chugging through my libraries now. Weird.
It's possible you have corruption of your metadata if I were you I would make a backup of your Plex folder once it's finished indexing all your media I have a weekly cron job that does just that for me or use the backup plugin

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Can you tell me the differnce between this Binhex-Plex Docker and the normal Plex Docker ?

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, cogliostro said:

Can you tell me the differnce between this Binhex-Plex Docker and the normal Plex Docker ?

Google unraid plex docker differences site:forums.unraid.net

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.