binhex

[Support] binhex - Plex

192 posts in this topic Last Reply

17 minutes ago, cogliostro said:

Can you tell me the differnce between this Binhex-Plex Docker and the normal Plex Docker ?

Google unraid plex docker differences site:forums.unraid.net

Hi,

I have 20 Libraries which are able to detect new content automatically as they are a local physical drive but I use rclone mount for my seedbox content which obviously does not automatically detect new content until a library scan.

I am looking for a way to implement this via plex command line automatically every 60 seconds or so, can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this using this container? I can see how to do it on startup but not continueously?

https://support.plex.tv/articles/201242707-plex-media-scanner-via-command-line/?_ga=2.123633547.1294025468.1555321109-1262456707.1552434676

Many Thanks in advance!

it seems that when clicking on the drop-down WebUI option it is trying to launch the site as HTTP. However that doesn't work. HTTPS does work though, is there a way to change that?

3 hours ago, jpotrz said:

it seems that when clicking on the drop-down WebUI option it is trying to launch the site as HTTP. However that doesn't work. HTTPS does work though, is there a way to change that?

You can edit the template, switch to advanced mode and change the webUI entry accordingly   (if the field doesn't appear then you will also have to enable template authoring mode in settings - docker)

14 hours ago, Squid said:

You can edit the template, switch to advanced mode and change the webUI entry accordingly   (if the field doesn't appear then you will also have to enable template authoring mode in settings - docker)

Yeap figured this out after I posted. Thanks for the reply though!

On 4/15/2019 at 10:42 AM, mbc0 said:

Hi,

I have 20 Libraries which are able to detect new content automatically as they are a local physical drive but I use rclone mount for my seedbox content which obviously does not automatically detect new content until a library scan.

I am looking for a way to implement this via plex command line automatically every 60 seconds or so, can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this using this container? I can see how to do it on startup but not continueously?

https://support.plex.tv/articles/201242707-plex-media-scanner-via-command-line/?_ga=2.123633547.1294025468.1555321109-1262456707.1552434676

Many Thanks in advance!

bumpity bump :-)

Posted (edited)

Everytime i add a few movies or tv shows to my plex server i get a 'playback error' then i have to run a appdata restore then refresh the library and it loads the new movies

Capture.PNG

Edited by Ladrek

When I install and configure your Plex container I do not see the Port Mapping column completed in the list of dockers?

There should be a large list of ports in use here:

image.png.3e2462458837507f22396a6f74ed682e.png

image.png.c5263cd8ecac35c1bbc2372aca0f722e.png

Any thoughts on how to populate the list of docker allocations for binhex-plex?

When I install and configure your Plex container I do not see the Port Mapping column completed in the list of dockers?
There should be a large list of ports in use here:

image.png.3e2462458837507f22396a6f74ed682e.png

image.png.c5263cd8ecac35c1bbc2372aca0f722e.png

Any thoughts on how to populate the list of docker allocations for binhex-plex?
This container runs in host mode, so you cannot and should not define any ports.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, binhex said:

This container runs in host mode, so you cannot and should not define any ports.

Understood perhaps I can show you another Plex container that is the same config that shows the ports:

image.png.269e8b815f172d08c5b6a7a24cf92701.png

Understood perhaps I can show you another Plex container that is the same config that shows the ports:
image.png.269e8b815f172d08c5b6a7a24cf92701.png
Yeah that's running in bridge mode, thus the ports should be and have been defined.

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post in.  Ever since updating to V6.7 my Plex container has stopped working.  The issue I'm having is when attempting to login through the browser I'm getting "This site can’t be reached".  I'm going through the IP http://192.168.0.130:32400/web/index.html.  It has been working fine for over a year since I first installed until now.

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post in.  Ever since updating to V6.7 my Plex container has stopped working.  The issue I'm having is when attempting to login through the browser I'm getting "This site can’t be reached".  I'm going through the IP http://192.168.0.130:32400/web/index.html.  It has been working fine for over a year since I first installed until now.
Check /config/supervisord.log and also Plex log located in /config/Plex media server/logs/

On 5/22/2019 at 10:56 PM, TheBawse said:

http://tower:32400/manage/index.html

Not sure if that will help.  Im currently trying to figure out why plex is working, but pegging 1 cpu core at 100% constantly since 6.7, but hey i have 15 other cores to play with.

On 5/26/2019 at 8:21 PM, nightanole said:

Not sure if that will help.  Im currently trying to figure out why plex is working, but pegging 1 cpu core at 100% constantly since 6.7, but hey i have 15 other cores to play with.

Make sure debug logging is not on - for some reason it was on my docker and I did not set it.

(Settings, General)

On 5/26/2019 at 3:21 PM, nightanole said:

disable upnp on your router and then restart Plex.  See if that pegged cpu goes away!  

I've had a problem going on for some time, and now that I've gotten some other issues fixed it's time to look at this one. 

I've got a SiliconDust tuner on the network.  I can get it up and running in Plex, with ~200 stations. And things seem....OK. The EPG downloads (ridiculously slowly, IMO) and then we're done. 

Then later, I'll come back to the Plex GUI, and looks, it's refreshing the EPG. And it's at 0%. It's like the thing is continually losing the EPG or something. 

Is this normal? Is there something I could have set correctly? It's not like there's a lot of config options in the DVR setup.