[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

11 hours ago, profzelonka said:

Is there any way to update nextcloud if I'm unable to change the docker app versions in unraid? I have a weird issue in unraid that crashes unraid entirely when I change versions. 

I just can't upgrade it manually because of the new image. Well, I could if I could chjange the version but that's not an option in my case until that's resolved if ever.. Would be nice to have nextcloud again.

You could try the following:

- stop your nextcloud container

- use SSH or the unraid UI to access the terminal for unraid itself

- use docker command line to run a separate docker container for nextcloud, specifically using the image you need, but point the config and data volumes to the same places your live container uses

- use the CLI updater to get updated to version 26 or 27 (may require updating as far as you can and then stopping the temp container and making a new one with a newer image)

- stop and remove the temp container via docker CLI

- start your nextcloud container in unraid like normal

That should get you where you need to be

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Bradley_ryuu said:

Hi guys.

In order to use the latest linuxserver.io nextcloud docker image. I was told  I need to update my nextcloud to version 24 first.

I run "updater.phar" command throught cli within the docker container. The update failed with the error:

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function OCA\Circles\Migration\Version0022Date20220526111723::__construct(), 0 passed in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/MigrationService.php on line 456 and exactly 1 expected in /config/www/nextcloud/apps/circles/lib/Migration/Version0022Date20220526111723.php:55
Stack trace:
#0 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/MigrationService.php(456): OCA\Circles\Migration\Version0022Date20220526111723->__construct()
#1 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/MigrationService.php(473): OC\DB\MigrationService->createInstance()
#2 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/MigrationService.php(419): OC\DB\MigrationService->executeStep()
#3 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Installer.php(590): OC\DB\MigrationService->migrate()
#4 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Installer.php(544): OC\Installer::installShippedApp()
#5 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(276): OC\Installer::installShippedApps()
#6 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(132): OC\Updater->doUpgrade()
#7 /config/www/nextcloud/core/Command/Upgrade.php(255): OC\Updater->upgrade()
#8 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): OC\Core\Command\Upgrade->execute()
#9 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(1000): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run()
#10 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(271): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand()
#11 /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(147): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun()
#12 /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(215): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run()
#13 /config/www/nextcloud/console.php(100): OC\Console\Application->run()
#14 /config/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/config/www/nex...')
#15 {main}
Keep maintenance mode active? [y/N] 

My nextcloud server is stuck in maintenance mode. Did anyone have the same problems with me? Please hlep me! By the way, I update from 20.0.2 to 20.0.14 and I got the aformentioned error.

Start with looking in /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

look for a variable named "maintenance" and if it is set to true, change it to false. If it does not exist, that's fine.

look for a variable named "version" and post the version here in a reply (wanting to be 100% sure where you're at)

I will advise on additional steps after that.

2 hours ago, DrSiva2022 said:

I cant even find the app in the docker list.

Even version.php or config.php , all are empty. What should i do ?

On your array should be /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/ (the container would see this as /config, and you may have changed your paths depending on your array and cache disks)

From there you should see a www folder, and inside that a nextcloud folder. So /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/ (or /config/www/nextcloud/ inside the container).

Can you post a screenshot of the file list inside that folder?

The version.php file should be right there in that folder if you have not yet updated to the latest image (the latest image removes it, not a problem, just want to know where we need to start).

There should also be a config folder with config.php inside. If this file is empty, you will need to restore from a backup. Restoring the docker.img isn't what we need, you'll need to restore from a backup of your appdata. If you don't have a backup, it will be difficult (if at all possible) to recover.

• Like 1

I have a stupid, somewhat general question. I've always kept my dockers on "Latest", but if I switch to use specific versions (I have nextcloud at 27 now)..... Is there a "best practice" to get notifications for dockers I have that DO have updates, when they get them?

Or do I just randomly check them all the time?

5 minutes ago, Chunks said:

I have a stupid, somewhat general question. I've always kept my dockers on "Latest", but if I switch to use specific versions (I have nextcloud at 27 now)..... Is there a "best practice" to get notifications for dockers I have that DO have updates, when they get them?

Or do I just randomly check them all the time?

For any lsio image you can subscribe to github release notifications for the individual repo that corresponds to the image. Ex https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nextcloud

Use the watch button, choose custom, select Releases.

• Thanks 2
22 hours ago, iXNyNe said:

On your array should be /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/ (the container would see this as /config, and you may have changed your paths depending on your array and cache disks)

From there you should see a www folder, and inside that a nextcloud folder. So /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/ (or /config/www/nextcloud/ inside the container).

Can you post a screenshot of the file list inside that folder?

The version.php file should be right there in that folder if you have not yet updated to the latest image (the latest image removes it, not a problem, just want to know where we need to start).

There should also be a config folder with config.php inside. If this file is empty, you will need to restore from a backup. Restoring the docker.img isn't what we need, you'll need to restore from a backup of your appdata. If you don't have a backup, it will be difficult (if at all possible) to recover.

Thanks for the reply. I have nextcloud down for more than a week now :(

Attaching the screenshots and also version.php and config.php files.

waterfox_e8sQEQ2DOJ.png

waterfox_q53W2yBZij.png

waterfox_TiyRa52w4T.png

waterfox_w6IxUJfw1k.png

waterfox_9Naoj8nBLr.png

couldnt upload .php files here , so here is the files

https://file.io/okWxkorivszf

they are empty.

Edited by DrSiva2022
added php files
On 6/28/2023 at 12:55 AM, iXNyNe said:

Re: changes from deleting the nginx confs

At the top of each file is a link to the list of changes applied to the file. It's usually minor functional or organizational changes with these.

Re: integrity check extra files

You can try the test image I posted above (it should take care of the files for you) or hang in there for the next stable release. The files don't cause any issue other than the warning, and they will be cleaned up automatically with the next release (or using the test image).

Re: header warning

If you're using nextcloud behind a reverse proxy you should configure that setting in your proxy rather than nextcloud. I advise looking up what hsts is and how it works and ensuring you can access nextcloud via https before turning hsts on. Otherwise, ignore the warning. It's harmless.

I just updated the unRaid to the latest, and noticed that it triggered parity check. Not sure why. However, in the Nextcloud logs I now see this:

using keys found in /config/keys
**** The following site-confs have extensions other than .conf ****
**** This may be due to user customization. ****
**** You should review the files and rename them to use the .conf extension or remove them. ****
**** nginx.conf will only include site-confs with the .conf extension. ****
/config/nginx/site-confs/default.conf.2021
[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...
[ls.io-init] done.

Not sure why this came back.

Mine is running latest version but can't access it even though it was all working properly beforehand.

Log on starting docker shows

**** The following active confs have different version dates than the samples that are shipped. ****
**** This may be due to user customization or an update to the samples. ****
**** You should compare the following files to the samples in the same folder and update them. ****
**** Use the link at the top of the file to view the changelog. ****
┌────────────┬────────────┬────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│  old date  │  new date  │ path                                                                   │
├────────────┼────────────┼────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
│            │ 2023-04-13 │ /config/nginx/nginx.conf                                               │
│            │ 2023-06-23 │ /config/nginx/site-confs/default.conf                                  │
└────────────┴────────────┴────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
[ls.io-init] done.

I have a reverse proxy set up that I haven't made any changes to so can anyone give me some pointers on what else I can do to get this working again?

I've followed the guide here: https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2023-06-25-nextcloud/ and still no joy.

Edited by allanp81

Hey guys.... I'm getting the error like others before me about the version. While I used Spaceinvader's videos to get NextCloud working, I'm still a complete NEWBIE. Can anyone help walk me through fixing this? I tried to follow the instructions on that link, but since I'm still really new to this... Nothing is working... Please help. I would hate to lose what has been backed up. 

Note - This is the message in the logs:

Can't start Nextcloud because the version of the data (25.0.4.1) is more than one major version behind the docker image version (27.0.0.8) and upgrading more than one major version is not supported. Please run an image tagged for the major version 26 first.

8 hours ago, rlentz2022 said:

Can't start Nextcloud because the version of the data (25.0.4.1) is more than one major version behind the docker image version (27.0.0.8) and upgrading more than one major version is not supported. Please run an image tagged for the major version 26 first.

its been discussed many times already when you would read back ...

may as note

https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2023-06-25-nextcloud/

Is anyone able to help me get this working again? I've been using it for years without issue so this is incredibly annoying to now have it non-working.

I have what used to be lets encrypt running fine and had a reverse proxy set up for nextcloud but now I don't know where the problem lies and whether the problem is this new nextcloud setup or the reverse proxy.

On 6/30/2023 at 11:48 AM, DrSiva2022 said:

Thanks for the reply. I have nextcloud down for more than a week now :(

Attaching the screenshots and also version.php and config.php files.

waterfox_e8sQEQ2DOJ.png

waterfox_q53W2yBZij.png

waterfox_TiyRa52w4T.png

waterfox_w6IxUJfw1k.png

waterfox_9Naoj8nBLr.png

couldnt upload .php files here , so here is the files

https://file.io/okWxkorivszf

they are empty.

I think you're going to have to restore your appdata from a backup. If the version.php and config.php are empty files you won't be able to recover. The only other option is a clean install, but you would lose all of your nextcloud data.

On 6/30/2023 at 12:27 PM, levster said:

I just updated the unRaid to the latest, and noticed that it triggered parity check. Not sure why. However, in the Nextcloud logs I now see this:

**** The following site-confs have extensions other than .conf ****
**** This may be due to user customization. ****
**** You should review the files and rename them to use the .conf extension or remove them. ****
**** nginx.conf will only include site-confs with the .conf extension. ****
/config/nginx/site-confs/default.conf.2021
[ls.io-init] done.

Not sure why this came back.

I have not seen any container update trigger a parity check.

As for the config update, those are normal, it happens whenever we (LSIO) update those files. We don't automatically replace your file, because you may have customized it. If you didn't customize it, you can just delete the file and restart the container and it'll be recreated with the updates.

On 6/30/2023 at 3:06 PM, allanp81 said:

Mine is running latest version but can't access it even though it was all working properly beforehand.

Log on starting docker shows

**** The following active confs have different version dates than the samples that are shipped. ****
**** This may be due to user customization or an update to the samples. ****
**** You should compare the following files to the samples in the same folder and update them. ****
**** Use the link at the top of the file to view the changelog. ****
┌────────────┬────────────┬────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│  old date  │  new date  │ path                                                                   │
├────────────┼────────────┼────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
│            │ 2023-04-13 │ /config/nginx/nginx.conf                                               │
│            │ 2023-06-23 │ /config/nginx/site-confs/default.conf                                  │
└────────────┴────────────┴────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
[ls.io-init] done.

I have a reverse proxy set up that I haven't made any changes to so can anyone give me some pointers on what else I can do to get this working again?

I've followed the guide here: https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2023-06-25-nextcloud/ and still no joy.

Try updating those configs and restarting the container. Each config has a *.sample counterpart in the same folder as the outdated conf. You can compare them and update your config with the changes from the new config. If you didn't customize the file yourself, you can delete the file and restart the container.

5 hours ago, allanp81 said:

Is anyone able to help me get this working again? I've been using it for years without issue so this is incredibly annoying to now have it non-working.

I have what used to be lets encrypt running fine and had a reverse proxy set up for nextcloud but now I don't know where the problem lies and whether the problem is this new nextcloud setup or the reverse proxy.

Post your container logs.

2 hours ago, iXNyNe said:

I think you're going to have to restore your appdata from a backup. If the version.php and config.php are empty files you won't be able to recover. The only other option is a clean install, but you would lose all of your nextcloud data.

I can able to see the files which it uploaded , luckily they were encrypted i think. Shall i backthem up and do a fresh install ? Also how to prevent this from happening in future ?

2 hours ago, DrSiva2022 said:

I can able to see the files which it uploaded , luckily they were encrypted i think. Shall i backthem up and do a fresh install ? Also how to prevent this from happening in future ?

I would stop the container, rename your nextcloud appdata folder, rename your nextcloud data folder, set the image to the latest tag, and start the container. Then go through the first time install. Once that's done, re-add your files from your data folder by uploading them again (don't just put them in the new data folder, I don't know if that would even work).

As for preventing this, I strongly recommend making routine backups. The appdata backup plugin should work fine, but if you have a preference for another option you can do that as well.

Sorry, but now I am getting these errors in my log:

ErrorwebdavSabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable: Storage unauthorized. /

/app/www/public/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Tree.php - line 78:

OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Directory->getChild()

/app/www/public/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 971:

Sabre\DAV\Tree->getNodeForPath()

/app/www/public/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 1662:

Sabre\DAV\Server->getPropertiesIteratorForPath()

/app/www/public/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 1647:

Sabre\DAV\Server->writeMultiStatus()

/app/www/public/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php - line 346:

Sabre\DAV\Server->generateMultiStatus()

/app/www/public/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php - line 89:

Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpPropFind()

/app/www/public/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 472:

Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()

/app/www/public/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 253:

Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod()

/app/www/public/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 321:

Sabre\DAV\Server->start()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 364:

Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 35:

OCA\DAV\Server->exec()

/app/www/public/remote.php - line 172:

require_once("/config/www ... p")

2023-07-02T12:25:40-0400Errorno app in contextIcewind\SMB\Exception\ConnectionRefusedException: /

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeState.php - line 75:

Icewind\SMB\Exception\Exception::fromMap()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeState.php - line 92:

Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeState->handleError()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeState.php - line 351:

Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeState->testResult()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeShare.php - line 305:

Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeState->getxattr()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeFileInfo.php - line 43:

Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeShare->getAttribute()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeFileInfo.php - line 69:

Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeFileInfo->stat()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeShare.php - line 114:

Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeFileInfo->getSize()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Lib/Storage/SMB.php - line 191:

Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeShare->stat()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Lib/Storage/SMB.php - line 647:

OCA\Files_External\Lib\Storage\SMB->getFileInfo()

/app/www/public/lib/private/Files/Storage/Common.php - line 117:

OCA\Files_External\Lib\Storage\SMB->filetype()

/app/www/public/lib/private/Files/Storage/Wrapper/Wrapper.php - line 114:

OC\Files\Storage\Common->is_dir()

/app/www/public/lib/private/Files/Storage/Wrapper/Availability.php - line 131:

OC\Files\Storage\Wrapper\Wrapper->is_dir()

OC\Files\Storage\Wrapper\Availability->is_dir()

/app/www/public/lib/private/Files/Cache/Watcher.php - line 111:

/app/www/public/lib/private/Files/View.php - line 1321:

OC\Files\Cache\Watcher->update("*** sensiti ... *")

/app/www/public/lib/private/Files/View.php - line 1356:

OC\Files\View->getCacheEntry()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/Directory.php - line 216:

OC\Files\View->getFileInfo()

Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()

Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()

OCA\DAV\Server->exec()

1 hour ago, levster said:

Sorry, but now I am getting these errors in my log:

ErrorwebdavSabre\DAV\Exception\ServiceUnavailable: Storage unauthorized. /

Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()

Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()

OCA\DAV\Server->exec()

2023-07-02T12:25:40-0400Errorno app in contextIcewind\SMB\Exception\ConnectionRefusedException: /

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeState.php - line 75:

Icewind\SMB\Exception\Exception::fromMap()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeState.php - line 92:

Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeState->handleError()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeState.php - line 351:

Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeState->testResult()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeShare.php - line 305:

Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeState->getxattr()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeFileInfo.php - line 43:

Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeShare->getAttribute()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeFileInfo.php - line 69:

Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeFileInfo->stat()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeShare.php - line 114:

Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeFileInfo->getSize()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Lib/Storage/SMB.php - line 191:

Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeShare->stat()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/files_external/lib/Lib/Storage/SMB.php - line 647:

OCA\Files_External\Lib\Storage\SMB->getFileInfo()

/app/www/public/lib/private/Files/Storage/Common.php - line 117:

OCA\Files_External\Lib\Storage\SMB->filetype()

OC\Files\Storage\Common->is_dir()

/app/www/public/lib/private/Files/Storage/Wrapper/Availability.php - line 131:

OC\Files\Storage\Wrapper\Availability->is_dir()

/app/www/public/lib/private/Files/Cache/Watcher.php - line 111:

/app/www/public/lib/private/Files/View.php - line 1321:

OC\Files\Cache\Watcher->update("*** sensiti ... *")

/app/www/public/lib/private/Files/View.php - line 1356:

OC\Files\View->getCacheEntry()

/config/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/Directory.php - line 216:

OC\Files\View->getFileInfo()

Sabre\DAV\Server->emit()

Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()

OCA\DAV\Server->exec()

This is getting to be a real pain. My Nextcloud docker freezes up / crashes every 10 to 20 minutes, stopping it's syncing with a client and I have to manually restart it. On the Admin / System page the Load and Memory graphs go completely blank, which tells me that the docker crashed. I restart the docker and all is well for another 10 to 20 minutes. 

How can I figure out what causes it to crash and fix it? This is VERY  frustrating...

2 hours ago, levster said:

This is getting to be a real pain. My Nextcloud docker freezes up / crashes every 10 to 20 minutes, stopping it's syncing with a client and I have to manually restart it. On the Admin / System page the Load and Memory graphs go completely blank, which tells me that the docker crashed. I restart the docker and all is well for another 10 to 20 minutes. 

How can I figure out what causes it to crash and fix it? This is VERY  frustrating...

Based on your last two posts, if you've got nextcloud upgraded to 27, and the container set to latest, you could try renaming your apps folder and restarting the container. This would recreate a new apps folder with only the default apps. If things stay stable, you can reintroduce your apps one by one until you find which one might be causing the issue.

35 minutes ago, iXNyNe said:

Based on your last two posts, if you've got nextcloud upgraded to 27, and the container set to latest, you could try renaming your apps folder and restarting the container. This would recreate a new apps folder with only the default apps. If things stay stable, you can reintroduce your apps one by one until you find which one might be causing the issue.

Sorry, but could you please elaborate? I don't want to screw it up. 

I've got Nextcloud, swag, plex, duckdns, and mariadb that are running. 

Edited by levster
39 minutes ago, levster said:

Sorry, but could you please elaborate? I don't want to screw it up. 

I've got Nextcloud, swag, plex, duckdns, and mariadb that are running. 

Running through a checklist first (trying to recap your previous posts, i apologize if i've mixed anything up while helping others as well)

- You currently have nextcloud 27 listed as the version in /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php (on your array this is probably /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/config.php )

- You are running the latest image/tag

- You are seeing php errors in the nextcloud logs

Assuming all of the above is correct (if not, reply and let me know before you do anything else)

I believe the next step is to rename /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/apps folder to apps_backup or something, and then restart the container. It should create a new apps folder with only the default apps installed. Check if nextcloud seems to be for the most part working (maybe missing some functionality you need from apps). If it seems to be running stable, then you would compare the list of apps folders in the newly created apps folder and in your backup folder and manually reinstall any missing apps. I would do this one at a time to confirm each one you reinstall doesn't cause errors.