[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

7 hours ago, alturismo said:

may remove this entry

and while you setup your app, when you enter the URL, may add https://files....

the error says your app trys http instead https

Did both but still after entering username and password the message appears at the bottom for a couple of seconds and then the login wheel turn endlessly without actually logging into the account.

What's weird is that if I do back at this stage I get the message "Currently logged in as .... You are about to grand <phone name> access ...." and then pressing "Grant Access" it gets stuck there...

image.png.f8ea37a5a84e645891de4f4208b766

Edited by theone
5 minutes ago, blaine07 said:

Upgraded to 29 and can't seem to figure out how to fix this. Configured exactly the same on 28 and wasn't a "error" then so not sure what I have incorrect? Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.81f512e8b4adaa4f426e2e824ac89fd7.png

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/29/admin_manual/issues/general_troubleshooting.html#service-discovery

Ahh found this: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/45033#issuecomment-2079306503

In HERE: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/45033

Had to change THIS: orig-cal-nc29.thumb.jpg.a027b7d11ec872d813844c167bfa9a9e.jpg

To THIS: image.thumb.png.049012a41ff7a0953813b2cdd2809f11.png

Has anyone gotten this error message? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Updating <dav> ...
Exception: Database error when running migration 1025Date20240308063933 for app dav
An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1813 Tablespace for table 'nextcloud/#sql-ib179' exists. Please DISCARD the tablespace before IMPORT
Update failed

Edited by Tucubanito07

Experiencing crashes that prevent the container from being stopped and can't kill the process either: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/90003-cant-stop-docker-container-nextcloud-or-reboot-the-whole-system/

Forced to do an unclean reboot every time this happens, otherwise I can't get the Docker container running again. Any ideas? Been a problem for months and Nextcloud devs told me to talk to the container image maintainers.

On 4/26/2024 at 11:27 AM, alturismo said:

what is in your repo line ?

Repo field has this: linuxserver/nextcloud:27.1.0-ls271

I see at the NC GitHub site they have a v27.1.9 but the Linuxserver tags only go to 27.1.4.

The NC site says they strongly recommend going to 27.1.9 if you're on 27, but I don't see how I can with the Linuxserver containers.

Edited by nraygun
3 hours ago, nraygun said:

Repo field has this: linuxserver/nextcloud:27.1.0-ls271

so, on some day you nailed it to a fixed version ... there is your reason why you dont receive any updates ;)

I see at the NC GitHub site they have a v27.1.9

doesnt matter, different source, different package, ... may also different tagging ...

but the Linuxserver tags only go to 27.1.4.

thats the current state then there ...

so, in sum, someday you may had a issue and readed "change repo to xyz" ... when you do this, you nail the docker on a tag (version) and it ll stay there ... when you want to change this, change it back to linuxserver/nextcloud:latest

then the docker will automatically update when you trigger it.

but, as NC is ... it may be breaking now as you are 2 main Versions behind ... and NC doesnt really like this, you can try changing tags now to new main versions between to at least get some update cycle until you are at the latest ...

so for the future ... if you change tags you should know what you do or at least "stay informed"

when you can switch back to latest ...

• Like 1
13 hours ago, alturismo said:

so, on some day you nailed it to a fixed version ... there is your reason why you dont receive any updates ;)

doesnt matter, different source, different package, ... may also different tagging ...

thats the current state then there ...

so, in sum, someday you may had a issue and readed "change repo to xyz" ... when you do this, you nail the docker on a tag (version) and it ll stay there ... when you want to change this, change it back to linuxserver/nextcloud:latest

then the docker will automatically update when you trigger it.

but, as NC is ... it may be breaking now as you are 2 main Versions behind ... and NC doesnt really like this, you can try changing tags now to new main versions between to at least get some update cycle until you are at the latest ...

so for the future ... if you change tags you should know what you do or at least "stay informed"

when you can switch back to latest ...

Thanks @alturismo!

Yes, I was aware that I pinned a specific version(27.1.0-ls271). I saw somewhere that is a best practice to tag a specific version versus "latest" that could continually change and perhaps introduce breakage. And I understand that NC doesnt like jumping over major releases(27->28->29 is OK but 27->29 is not).

I wanted to go to the latest version of 27, but I see that the Linuxserver container for NC only goes to the version I tagged and hasn't been updated past that version of 27 since December.

And then later you say the tagging on NC's GitHub may be different. So I guess for the Linuxserver NC container, the latest 27 is 27.1.4 which I will go to when I have some time(in case something goes off the rails).

I'm just concerned that NC themselves recommend going to 27.1.9(from a few days ago) and the only version I can go up to with this container is 27.1.4(from Dec 2023).

Good a weird one. After like 5 day on trying to make the SSL work, finally did ! I think...

So I am connect via HTTPS with my domain and it say secure.

When I open the app, I get all those error and one of them say I'm not connected via https.

Also have a bunch of other error to take care off lol

Screenshot 2024-04-29 145220.png

@patthe how do you get your ssl certifikates, which proxy do you use? Do you set overwrite url in your config.php?

'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://your-nextcloud-domain.com',
  'overwritehost' => 'your-nextcloud-domain.com',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

For maintenanced window set this in config.php

'maintenance_window_start' => '2',

this for phone setiings:

'default_phone_region' => 'EN',

For email go to your nextcloud and under basic settings look for email server. Fill out the fields. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Archonw said:

@patthe how do you get your ssl certifikates, which proxy do you use? Do you set overwrite url in your config.php?

'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://your-nextcloud-domain.com',
  'overwritehost' => 'your-nextcloud-domain.com',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

For maintenanced window set this in config.php

'maintenance_window_start' => '2',

this for phone setiings:

'default_phone_region' => 'EN',

For email go to your nextcloud and under basic settings look for email server. Fill out the fields. 

Hi thanks !!!

I did add the overwrite.cli.url before but my error was is was there twice so it cause an error.

What about this error ? :

Some headers are not set correctly on your instance - The `Strict-Transport-Security` HTTP header is not set (should be at least `15552000` seconds). For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS. For more details see the documentation ↗.

I did read the documentation but talk about adding a line in Apache VirtualHost?

On 4/28/2024 at 12:29 PM, nraygun said:

Thanks @alturismo!

Yes, I was aware that I pinned a specific version(27.1.0-ls271). I saw somewhere that is a best practice to tag a specific version versus "latest" that could continually change and perhaps introduce breakage. And I understand that NC doesnt like jumping over major releases(27->28->29 is OK but 27->29 is not).

I wanted to go to the latest version of 27, but I see that the Linuxserver container for NC only goes to the version I tagged and hasn't been updated past that version of 27 since December.

And then later you say the tagging on NC's GitHub may be different. So I guess for the Linuxserver NC container, the latest 27 is 27.1.4 which I will go to when I have some time(in case something goes off the rails).

I'm just concerned that NC themselves recommend going to 27.1.9(from a few days ago) and the only version I can go up to with this container is 27.1.4(from Dec 2023).

Found this on Discord that says it's OK to go to 27.1.4 then to 28.0.4.

https://discord.com/channels/354974912613449730/1006323310742736987/threads/1234788327677235261

Edited by nraygun

i have the lscr.io/linuxserver/mariadb docker running on my unraid server. while it seems to be doing its job, my mariadb container appdata folder is growing huge. i have a ton of .err files in there some over a gig.  i think this is due to my nextcloud container?  not totally sure.  if not i would appreciate pointing me in the right direction to solve.  thank you!

the have the warning:

2024-03-09 8:56:14 3 [Warning] Aborted connection 3 to db: ‘unconnected’ user: ‘unauthenticated’ host: ‘localhost’ (This connection closed normally without authentication)
2024-03-09 8:56:14 4 [Warning] Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)
2024-03-09 8:56:58 6 [Warning] IP address ‘172.17.0.1’ could not be resolved: Name does not resolve
2024-03-09 8:56:58 5 [Warning] IP address ‘172.17.0.1’ could not be resolved: Name does not resolve
2024-03-09 8:56:58 7 [Warning] IP address ‘172.17.0.1’ could not be resolved: Name does not resolve

then they are FILLED with the errors over and over:

2024-03-05 14:09:17 5 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.column_stats: expected column ‘hist_type’ at position 9 to have type enum(‘SINGLE_PREC_HB’,‘DOUBLE_PREC_HB’,‘JSON_HB’), found type enum(‘SINGLE_PREC_HB’,‘DOUBLE_PREC_HB’).
2024-03-05 14:09:17 5 [ERROR] Incorrect definition of table mysql.column_stats: expected column ‘histogram’ at position 10 to have type longblob, found type varbinary(255).

I've been struggling with an error ever since the most recent update. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it, I've been struggling to get to the root of this issue. I think I'm going to be disabling auto-update on docker containers...

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1524] Plugin 'mysql_native_password' is not loaded in /app/www/public/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:155
Stack trace:
#0 /app/www/public/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(453): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /app/www/public/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(411): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatformVersion()
#2 /app/www/public/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(318): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->detectDatabasePlatform()
#3 /app/www/public/lib/private/DB/ConnectionAdapter.php(200): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatform()
#4 /app/www/public/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(121): OC\DB\ConnectionAdapter->getDatabasePlatform()
#5 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppConfig.php(1237): OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder->expr()
#6 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppConfig.php(262): OC\AppConfig->loadConfig()
#7 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppConfig.php(1378): OC\AppConfig->searchValues()
#8 /app/www/public/lib/private/App/AppManager.php(131): OC\AppConfig->getValues()
#9 /app/www/public/lib/private/App/AppManager.php(152): OC\App\AppManager->getInstalledAppsValues()
#10 /app/www/public/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php(234): OC\App\AppManager->getInstalledApps()
#11 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Bootstrap/Coordinator.php(90): OC_App::getEnabledApps()
#12 /app/www/public/lib/base.php(706): OC\AppFramework\Bootstrap\Coordinator->runInitialRegistration()
#13 /app/www/public/lib/base.php(1181): OC::init()
#14 /app/www/public/cron.php(58): require_once('...')
#15 {main}

59 minutes ago, smcw said:

I've been struggling with an error ever since the most recent update. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it, I've been struggling to get to the root of this issue. I think I'm going to be disabling auto-update on docker containers...

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1524] Plugin 'mysql_native_password' is not loaded in /app/www/public/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:155
Stack trace:
#0 /app/www/public/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(453): OC\DB\Connection->connect()
#1 /app/www/public/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(411): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatformVersion()
#2 /app/www/public/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Connection.php(318): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->detectDatabasePlatform()
#3 /app/www/public/lib/private/DB/ConnectionAdapter.php(200): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->getDatabasePlatform()
#4 /app/www/public/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php(121): OC\DB\ConnectionAdapter->getDatabasePlatform()
#5 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppConfig.php(1237): OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder->expr()
#6 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppConfig.php(262): OC\AppConfig->loadConfig()
#7 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppConfig.php(1378): OC\AppConfig->searchValues()
#8 /app/www/public/lib/private/App/AppManager.php(131): OC\AppConfig->getValues()
#9 /app/www/public/lib/private/App/AppManager.php(152): OC\App\AppManager->getInstalledAppsValues()
#10 /app/www/public/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php(234): OC\App\AppManager->getInstalledApps()
#11 /app/www/public/lib/private/AppFramework/Bootstrap/Coordinator.php(90): OC_App::getEnabledApps()
#12 /app/www/public/lib/base.php(706): OC\AppFramework\Bootstrap\Coordinator->runInitialRegistration()
#13 /app/www/public/lib/base.php(1181): OC::init()
#14 /app/www/public/cron.php(58): require_once('...')
#15 {main}

Are you using MySQL and recently update it?

• Like 1