[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Just want to drop this here for anyone upgrading from older versions to the latest 28 version.

I was getting setting.js errors in the console when trying to download multiple files complaining about multiple versions being added.

I needed to update the built in nginx appdata\nextcloud\nginx\site-confs\default.conf file to match their sample file. I updated all the location entries to match the sample.

• Like 1

I have a similar problem as some other people a few posts back.

I updated to the latest version, and afterwards I'm stuck in maintenance mode, and in the log I get the error:

using keys found in /config/keys
Initializing nextcloud 28.0.0.11 (this can take a while) ...
Upgrading nextcloud from 27.1.4.1 ...
Setting permissions
Setting log level to debug
Updating database schema
Exception: Database error when running migration 28000Date20231103104802 for app core
An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1932 Table 'nextcloud.oc_files_versions' doesn't exist in engine
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Resetting log level
Initializing finished

The table is different, but the concept seems to be the same as a few posts back.

I also saw that MariaDB was asking for an upgrade, so I did that. MariaDB also told me that this table doesn´t exist in engine.

Upon checking the database with adminer, I see that the table exists, but it doesn´t have the 'InnoDB' engine, it's blank. The same with the 'collation' column. The rest of the columns have the value: "?".

If I click on the table, I also get the error that it doesn't exist in this engine. This way I can´t manually try to fix the table.

Due to this I can´t create a backup of the database, since it gives me an error. I've tried to 'occ upgrade' in the nextcloud terminal, but that stops at the same error. Forcing MariaDB to upgrade again just gives the same error.

Rolling back to a previous version of nextcloud doesn't do anyhing either. I'm stuck in maintenance mode (nothing is fixed when I disable it).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Community

Nextcloud is installed on my Unraid system as a Docker from the LinuxServer.io repository. When I now open the Nextcloud via web browser, I get the message “The server certificate is not trusted” with execute anyway I can log in normally. If I display the certificate in the menu bar at the top of the web browser, it is LinuxServer.io certificate. Here are my questions. Where can I find this certificate and check when it was installed?

Why am I asking this? A few days ago I wanted to mount Unraid Share which is integrated as an external device in Nextcloud via WebDAV. During the mount I received the message “The server certificate does not match the name of the server, we do not trust the certificate”. Issuer and owner was LSIO Server, Liuxserver.io. The fingerprint should be checked. The fingerprint was different from the one I can see in the address bar in the web browser. I accepted the certificate anyway, but now I have to accept it again with every mount.

How can I accept this certificate permanently and where can I see the assignment to the Docker container? Where is the certificate for the WebDAV share stored? On my Linux client? In the Docker container? In How could I have checked the fingerprint beforehand?

Based on my question, you can see that I don’t understand how to handle the Nextcloud Docker container in general when dealing with the certificates. Can someone please help me shed some light on this.

I use the Nextcloud only in the internal network.

Thanks in advance.

14 hours ago, akazu said:

When I now open the Nextcloud via web browser, I get the message “The server certificate is not trusted” with execute anyway I can log in normally.

The idea with NextCloud and other applications such as Bitwarden, is that you access the app via a reverse proxy such as NGINX. This can then manage certificates automatically from Let's Encrypt.

14 hours ago, cat2devnull said:

The idea with NextCloud and other applications such as Bitwarden, is that you access the app via a reverse proxy such as NGINX. This can then manage certificates automatically from Let's Encrypt.

Thank you for your answer. Got it! But there must be a way for me or people who only want to run everything locally. I mean I'm wondering why I can't find any information on how to deal with a container certificate and a WebDAV mount. So I can only mount via terminal, because I have to approve the certificate of linuxserver.io every time. Is there really no way to make my Linux client from which I want to mount the share known to the container? And if so, how do I check the fingerprint beforehand? 

36 minutes ago, akazu said:

But there must be a way for me or people who only want to run everything locally.

Running NGINX is for local or remote access.

If you truely only ever intend to access your NextCloud instance from a machine or two on your LAN then the solution is to add the lsio cert to the trust store on your machine and your done.

Otherwise install NGINX and let it manage the HTTPS certs. I made a post for Vaultwarden to explain how it works for both LAN and WAN connections but you can just replace Vaultwarden for NextCloud.

This is the better way to set things up. Trust me, it won't be long before you find other uses for NGINX. I initially set it up for Vaultwarden but now it manages NextCloud, Plex and a bunch of other services.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, cat2devnull said:

Running NGINX is for local or remote access.

If you truely only ever intend to access your NextCloud instance from a machine or two on your LAN then the solution is to add the lsio cert to the trust store on your machine and your done.

Otherwise install NGINX and let it manage the HTTPS certs. I made a post for Vaultwarden to explain how it works for both LAN and WAN connections but you can just replace Vaultwarden for NextCloud.

This is the better way to set things up. Trust me, it won't be long before you find other uses for NGINX. I initially set it up for Vaultwarden but now it manages NextCloud, Plex and a bunch of other services.

Thank you for your appreciated answer. Does this mean that I also have to open ports on my router and take care of all the security? I am still at the beginning and am taking it slowly but thoroughly. 

18 minutes ago, cat2devnull said:

Do you know where I can find instructions on how to download the liso certificate to my trust store on my computer? All the instructions I have found deal with self-signed certificates but not one that is provided by a container.

39 minutes ago, akazu said:

Does this mean that I also have to open ports on my router and take care of all the security?

If you want access from outside then you need to open port 443 (HTTPS) and point it at your NGINX instance. NGINX will look after the security side of things. Take a look at some of the IBRACORP videos to get an understanding of how it all works together. You will need DDNS and a domain name but it's totally worth the effort.

I suggest that you watch a bunch of videos from IBRACORP and SpaceInvaderOne and get your head around how all this technology works. A few hours of research will save you a lot of time in the long run.

32 minutes ago, akazu said:

Do you know where I can find instructions on how to download the liso certificate to my trust store on my computer?

Generally this is done on a per computer and per browser basis, so will be dependent on what you run. Most browsers have an option when they encounter a self signed certificate to "trust" it in the future.

• Thanks 1

It seems that I've fouled up my Nextcloud install when updated the container from LinuxServer. I had not used NextCloud for a long time so it was very out of date. I've tried following a number of suggestions from various forums, but I think I should just uninstall and re-install NextCloud and MariaDB. to get a fresh start. What is the proper way to do this?  Thank you for your help.

31 minutes ago, MountainMining said:

It seems that I've fouled up my Nextcloud install when updated the container from LinuxServer. I had not used NextCloud for a long time so it was very out of date. I've tried following a number of suggestions from various forums, but I think I should just uninstall and re-install NextCloud and MariaDB. to get a fresh start. What is the proper way to do this?  Thank you for your help.

What exactly are the errors that you are getting? For me, the update to version 28 seems to have messed something up (check earlier post).

If you are REALLY out of date, you could roll back a few versions, and see if an incremental update will fix things. This did it for me in the past.

(you can check older versions here: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nextcloud/releases )

I am having similar issues that several other users have raised. However I have not seen any resolution yet. Are there any suggestions?

Security & setup warnings

It's important for the security and performance of your instance that everything is configured correctly. To help you with that we are doing some automatic checks. Please see the linked documentation for more information.

There are some warnings regarding your setup.

189 errors in the logs since December 19, 2023

Please double check the installation guides ↗, and check for any errors or warnings in the log.

Check the security of your Nextcloud over our security scan ↗.

Version

Nextcloud Hub 7 (28.0.1)

Latest log:

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
───────────────────────────────────────

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/

GID/UID

User UID:    99
User GID:    100

using keys found in /config/keys
Initializing nextcloud 28.0.1.1 (this can take a while) ...
Upgrading nextcloud from 28.0.0.11 ...
Setting permissions
Setting log level to debug
Turned on maintenance mode
Updating database schema
Updated database
Updating <settings> ...
Updated <settings> to 1.10.1
Starting code integrity check...
Finished code integrity check
Update successful
Turned off maintenance mode
Resetting log level
Initializing finished
**** The following active confs have different version dates than the samples that are shipped. ****
**** This may be due to user customization or an update to the samples. ****
**** You should compare the following files to the samples in the same folder and update them. ****
**** Use the link at the top of the file to view the changelog. ****
┌────────────┬────────────┬────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│  old date  │  new date  │ path                                                                   │
├────────────┼────────────┼────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
│ 2023-06-24 │ 2023-08-13 │ /config/nginx/ssl.conf                                                 │
│ 2023-06-23 │ 2023-12-22 │ /config/nginx/site-confs/default.conf                                  │
└────────────┴────────────┴────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...
[ls.io-init] done.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Lev

Anyone else seeing this error when attempting to login from Chrome/Edge? Firefox works fine.

Refused to send form data to 'https://nc.xxxxxxxxx.com/index.php/login' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "form-action 'self'".

Edited by flyize

What exactly are the errors that you are getting? For me, the update to version 28 seems to have messed something up (check earlier post).

If you are REALLY out of date, you could roll back a few versions, and see if an incremental update will fix things. This did it for me in the past.

(you can check older versions here: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nextcloud/releases )

After I installed Nextcloud a long time ago, I did not get around to using it. So I might have been starting with something like version 17 or 18. I'd like to start using it now, so I tried to update the Docker container a couple of days ago. Now, when I try to start the webui of Nextcloud I get a 404 Not Found error. Previous to this, I tried to follow the suggestions from LinuxServer here and got the error in the first screenshot. (Perhaps I did not roll back far enough. The article does not have a version 17 or 18 listed.)

I then tried to follow the advice here and get the error in the second screenshot.

Since I have no data in Nextcloud, I'm not opposed to uninstalling it and re-installing it if that would be easier than trying to troubleshoot my current installation.

nextcloudupdatefail.JPG

nextcloudlog.JPG

On 12/14/2023 at 9:08 AM, Archonw said:

I have this security warning: 19179 errors in the logs since 7. Dezember 2023

and the protocol pages is completely empty.

Did you ever find out the reason for this?  I can't find a log with anywhere near the amount I see here.  I apparently have over 17000 errors, but no log file in appdata that has any issue.

Is it in the docker container?  Where do we look?

Just wanted to post the steps I followed to get nextcloud, SWAG, and postgresql15 all working.

Installed this nextcloud docker with default settings and ran web setup one time.

Got into postgresql15 console

psql -U postgres -W
CREATE USER nextcloud WITH PASSWORD 'nextpass';
CREATE DATABASE nextclouddb TEMPLATE template0 ENCODING 'UNICODE';
ALTER DATABASE nextclouddb OWNER TO nextcloud;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE nextclouddb TO nextcloud;

Then went back to swag subdomain config file, where it suggested I add in some info to

/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'oc0w4lt90dch',
  'passwordsalt' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'secret' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.11.54:444',
    1 => 'nextcloud.mydomain.com',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'pgsql',
  'version' => '28.0.1.1',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.mydomain.com/',
  'dbname' => 'nextclouddb',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.11.54:5432',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbpassword' => 'nextpass',
  'installed' => true,
  'trusted_proxies' => 
  array (
    0 => 'swag',
  ),
  'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.mydomain.com',
  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'filelocking.enabled' => true,
  'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'upgrade.disable-web' => true,
);

added the subdomain to my CNAME in DNS hosting, added the "nextcloud" to the SWAG config, restarted, bob's your uncle.

Once I logged into the admin panel > Overview, there are many things to fix in there, I'll start adjusting those settings like the suggestion next.

I have migrated to another unraid server. Everything seems fine said for my Nextcloud.
I upgraded to latest version before using the Restore/Backup appdata tool.

MariaDB is online and I can connect to my nextclouddb via adminer

I can login to the nextcloud instance but I get an internal error at the dashboard. I have tried to manually put the files and contacts url as well making sure it is not only the dashboard.

The nginx appdat/log files are full "permission errors". So I looked at the permissions on the old working Nextcloud vs the new I see no difference. Attached is the log file in question. Not sure if there are different step for nextcloud miration.

I migrated

mariahdb

bitwarden

nginx proxymanager

unifi-controller

All of these are working just fine? 

NGerror2.log

After I update nextcloud to v28. I got the following error in log.

"\PHP Fatal error: Class OCA\GroupFolders\Helper\LazyFolder contains 3 abstract methods and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (OCP\Files\Folder::searchBySystemTag, OCP\Files\FileInfo::getParentId, OCP\Files\FileInfo::getMetadata) in /config/www/nextcloud/apps/groupfolders/lib/Helper/LazyFolder.php on line 31"

When I open webui, I got the following error. My unraid server is on "192.168.1.2"

"

This page isn’t working

192.168.1.2 is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

"

Does anyone has the same error with me?  I searched the nextcloud community and one article said that it has something to do with groupfolder app and groupfolder should be disabled in DB because this error renders the occ command unavailable. What doest that mean? How can I disable it in DB? By the way, I do can't use occ command within the container and running the occ command gives me the same error in the log. So any ideas?  I seem to run into an dead end.

Hello Community 

I have been using the calendar and tasks (Tasks.org) in Nextcloud for some time now. I primarily create all appointments and tasks on my smartphone, which explains why I haven't noticed the following problem yet.

When I create an appointment in NC directly, it has the 12 hour US time format (AM/PM) although I have set the time zone to Europe - Berlin. 

After research I can adjust this config/config.php which I can't find. Neither in the appdata nor in the nc data directory nor on the Unraid file system /var/www/ or /usr/local/www.

Source: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/20/admin_manual/configuration_server/language_configuration.html

Where can I find this confg file or do the time zone adjustments have to be made somewhere else?

I currently have a mixture of two time zones in my calendar, which is not very clear. 

Thanks for your help 

2 minutes ago, akazu said:

After research I can adjust this config/config.php which I can't find. Neither in the appdata nor in the nc data directory nor on the Unraid file system /var/www/ or /usr/local/www.

on the lsio Docker its located at ... (so may look again ;) a little closer ...)

image.png.85fc77f56eb03530b1fcb8a1a712f9a9.png

• Thanks 1