[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Edit: found it under /usr/bin/occ

I think i somehow missing some things in my nextcloud install. Isn't the occ supposed to be under /config/www/nextcloud/ ?

root@43bbc9846eee:/# ls -la /config/www/nextcloud/
total 0
drwxrwx--- 1 abc abc   32 Jun 25 21:01 .
drwxrwx--- 1 abc abc   38 Feb 27  2021 ..
drwxrwx--- 1 abc abc 1326 Jun 20 21:32 apps
drwxrwx--- 1 abc abc  100 Jun 25 21:01 config
drwxrwx--- 1 abc abc   26 Jun 25 21:01 themes

Edited by capt.shitface
On 6/5/2023 at 1:48 PM, tool666schism said:

Hey all,

I could really use some help here. I'm banging my head against the wall trying to fix this issue. I attempted to update nextcloud using the web gui (i know, my first mistake)

It failed on Step 7. I have tried multiple times to get past it, and nothing I do seems to work. I can no longer get into nextcloud as it's hung at the "update in process" page. Does anyone have any clue where to go from here?

Error I'm getting:

[✘] Delete old files failed
core/shipped.json is not available

Update failed. To resume or retry just execute the updater again

I found other threads where people mentioned just creating the file.. but the file already exists within the /var/www/nextcloud/core directory

EDIT: Had an appdata backup from yesterday, just went ahead and restored it to get nextcloud working again. Going to leave it for today and try the upgrade again tomorrow using the recommended steps outlined in the first post.

I found a solution for my case here:

1. download a copy of the files from the server/releases
  2. copy the `shipped.json` into the `/core` folder

• Like 1

After updating to the latest docker I am getting the following error under Security & setup warnings:

Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in the documentation ↗. (List of invalid files… / Rescan…)

I am attaching what is under the list of invalid files.

Running Nextcloud Hub 27.0.0

Nextcloud log is too large to attach...

Technical information.txt

1 hour ago, levster said:

After updating to the latest docker I am getting the following error under Security & setup warnings:

Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in the documentation ↗. (List of invalid files… / Rescan…)

I am attaching what is under the list of invalid files.

Running Nextcloud Hub 27.0.0

Nextcloud log is too large to attach...

Technical information.txt 22.79 kB · 1 download

You can delete these files. They should exist in /config/www/nextcloud/apps/ and then inside subfolders for each of the apps listed (core, cloud_federation_api, etc).

1 hour ago, iXNyNe said:

You can delete these files. They should exist in /config/www/nextcloud/apps/ and then inside subfolders for each of the apps listed (core, cloud_federation_api, etc).

Just to be clear, I would go into: 

\\TOWER\cache\appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\apps

and delete the files listed in the text?

That's a lot of files to delete individually. Have they been there all along, and why did the error only now popped up? What would happen if I just leave them alone? And, if Nextcloud is reporting them as not passed... Why can't it automatically remove them?

It just seems strange that the application would install them and now report them as errors.

Lev

24 minutes ago, levster said:

Just to be clear, I would go into: 

\\TOWER\cache\appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\apps

and delete the files listed in the text?

That's a lot of files to delete individually. Have they been there all along, and why did the error only now popped up? What would happen if I just leave them alone? And, if Nextcloud is reporting them as not passed... Why can't it automatically remove them?

It just seems strange that the application would install them and now report them as errors.

Lev

The files were present in a previous version of nextcloud, and are no longer needed in the current version.

I am unsure if nextcloud has a way to automatically remove these files, but it doesn't appear to (if it does I'd be happy to implement it in the lsio image).

If you leave the files, the warning will continue to show in your admin page. There's no functional issue with leaving them there. Just the annoying warning.

As far as your path, that should be correct, just keep in mind the files are inside subfolders for each app. So the photos folder may have a number of files inside it that need to be removed, and another folder might have a different list. The warning shows all the files and in which subfolder, but it doesn't provide the full path.

As for the core files, it actually looks like those are no longer in a user accessible location, but you could recreate the image and those should be fixed. The easiest way to recreate the image it switch the image to lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:version-27.0.0 and then back to lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, iXNyNe said:

The files were present in a previous version of nextcloud, and are no longer needed in the current version.

I am unsure if nextcloud has a way to automatically remove these files, but it doesn't appear to (if it does I'd be happy to implement it in the lsio image).

If you leave the files, the warning will continue to show in your admin page. There's no functional issue with leaving them there. Just the annoying warning.

As far as your path, that should be correct, just keep in mind the files are inside subfolders for each app. So the photos folder may have a number of files inside it that need to be removed, and another folder might have a different list. The warning shows all the files and in which subfolder, but it doesn't provide the full path.

As for the core files, it actually looks like those are no longer in a user accessible location, but you could recreate the image and those should be fixed. The easiest way to recreate the image it switch the image to lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:version-27.0.0 and then back to lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud

OK. I think that I understood most of this. It's like picking out the weeds. Annoying, but perhaps not a big deal.

If I recreate the image, you mean remove the docker and reinstall it? Sorry for what is likely a noob question.

Also, do there errors in the log mean anything? These are all from today. When I try to sync large folders, the docker frequently crashes and needs to be restarted. I thought that perhaps my old Mobo/CPU were not up to the job, but I am now running z790 with a i9-13900k and 32G, and am still getting same issues. 

ErrorPHPforeach() argument must be of type array|object, null given at /app/www/public/lib/private/Installer.php#4242023-06-25T19:43:41-0400

ErrorPHPTrying to access array offset on value of type null at /app/www/public/lib/private/App/AppStore/Fetcher/Fetcher.php#2022023-06-25T19:43:41-0400

ErrorPHPforeach() argument must be of type array|object, null given at /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Installer.php#4242023-06-25T18:03:42-0400

ErrorPHPTrying to access array offset on value of type null at /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/App/AppStore/Fetcher/Fetcher.php#2022023-06-25T18:03:42-0400

ErrorPHPUsing ${var} in strings is deprecated, use {$var} instead at /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/scssphp/scssphp/src/Compiler.php#34912023-06-25T17:15:18-0400

ErrorwebdavSabre\DAV\Exception: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction2023-06-25T16:39:43-0400

ErrorwebdavSabre\DAV\Exception: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction2023-06-25T09:54:44-0400

ErrorwebdavOC\DB\Exceptions\DbalException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction2023-06-25T08:24:49-0400

ErrorwebdavSabre\DAV\Exception: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction2023-06-25T04:39:52-0400

ErrorwebdavOC\DB\Exceptions\DbalException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction2023-06-25T03:29:07-0400

ErrorPHPforeach() argument must be of type array|object, null given at /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Installer.php#4242023-06-25T03:03:03-0400

ErrorPHPTrying to access array offset on value of type null at /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/App/AppStore/Fetcher/Fetcher.php#2022023-06-25T03:03:03-0400

Thanks for your help,

Lev

15 minutes ago, levster said:

OK. I think that I understood most of this. It's like picking out the weeds. Annoying, but perhaps not a big deal.

If I recreate the image, you mean remove the docker and reinstall it? Sorry for what is likely a noob question.

Also, do there errors in the log mean anything? These are all from today. When I try to sync large folders, the docker frequently crashes and needs to be restarted. I thought that perhaps my old Mobo/CPU were not up to the job, but I am now running z790 with a i9-13900k and 32G, and am still getting same issues. 

ErrorPHPforeach() argument must be of type array|object, null given at /app/www/public/lib/private/Installer.php#4242023-06-25T19:43:41-0400

ErrorPHPTrying to access array offset on value of type null at /app/www/public/lib/private/App/AppStore/Fetcher/Fetcher.php#2022023-06-25T19:43:41-0400

ErrorPHPforeach() argument must be of type array|object, null given at /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Installer.php#4242023-06-25T18:03:42-0400

ErrorPHPTrying to access array offset on value of type null at /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/App/AppStore/Fetcher/Fetcher.php#2022023-06-25T18:03:42-0400

ErrorPHPUsing ${var} in strings is deprecated, use {$var} instead at /config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/scssphp/scssphp/src/Compiler.php#34912023-06-25T17:15:18-0400

ErrorwebdavSabre\DAV\Exception: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction2023-06-25T16:39:43-0400

ErrorwebdavSabre\DAV\Exception: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction2023-06-25T09:54:44-0400

ErrorwebdavOC\DB\Exceptions\DbalException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction2023-06-25T08:24:49-0400

ErrorwebdavSabre\DAV\Exception: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction2023-06-25T04:39:52-0400

ErrorwebdavOC\DB\Exceptions\DbalException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[40001]: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction2023-06-25T03:29:07-0400

ErrorPHPforeach() argument must be of type array|object, null given at /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Installer.php#4242023-06-25T03:03:03-0400

ErrorPHPTrying to access array offset on value of type null at /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/App/AppStore/Fetcher/Fetcher.php#2022023-06-25T03:03:03-0400

Thanks for your help,

Lev

deadlocks seem like a bad thing in the logs

to recreate the container, just swap the image like i mentioned in my last post, then swap it back

also, check the container logs for anything that might need attention

the web admin status page might have a database upgrade command that needs to be run that might solve the deadlock issue, but i'm not positive. that could legitimately be a spec issue.

49 minutes ago, iXNyNe said:

For my own curiosity sake why would he change image to “…/nextcloud:version-27.0.0” and then back down to “…/nextcloud”

I am on Nextcloud 27; is it fine to just leave myself locked to “…/nextcloud:version-27.0.0” or after the upgrade are we supposed to change back to “…/nextcloud”?

58 minutes ago, iXNyNe said:

deadlocks seem like a bad thing in the logs

to recreate the container, just swap the image like i mentioned in my last post, then swap it back

also, check the container logs for anything that might need attention

the web admin status page might have a database upgrade command that needs to be run that might solve the deadlock issue, but i'm not positive. that could legitimately be a spec issue.

Got it. I'm backing up the dockers now, just in case and will recreate image afterwards. 

I did not find anything that would  issue an upgrade command. Do you have any idea of where that may be? I looked under all of the tabs in the Admin settings, to no avail. What did you mean by "spec issue"? Is this something that needs to go to Nextcloud directly?

Lev

Got an issue after updating the docker. I didn't do an update for a few months, now log shows:

Can't start Nextcloud because the version of the data (24.0.3.2) is more than one major version behind the docker image version (27.0.0.8) and upgrading more than one major version is not supported. Please run an image tagged for the major version 25 first.

How can I change the tagged image to 25? I tried changing "lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud" to "lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:25.0.0" but it literally crashes UnRaid.. Have to restart :\ (command for docker and for unraid stops working entirely, hardware stats stop working, etc.)

Am I tagging the wrong image? There's the version but also other variants like 25.0.0-ls233 and amd64-25.0.0, etc. I'm on an intel processor, an i5-10600K, latest UnRaid 6.12.1.

Got an issue after updating the docker. I didn't do an update for a few months, now log shows:
Can't start Nextcloud because the version of the data (24.0.3.2) is more than one major version behind the docker image version (27.0.0.8) and upgrading more than one major version is not supported. Please run an image tagged for the major version 25 first.

How can I change the tagged image to 25? I tried changing "lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud" to "lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:25.0.0" but it literally crashes UnRaid.. Have to restart :\ (command for docker and for unraid stops working entirely, hardware stats stop working, etc.)

Am I tagging the wrong image? There's the version but also other variants like 25.0.0-ls233 and amd64-25.0.0, etc. I'm on an intel processor, an i5-10600K, latest UnRaid 6.12.1.

This might help?

https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2023-06-25-nextcloud/
9 hours ago, blaine07 said:

For my own curiosity sake why would he change image to “…/nextcloud:version-27.0.0” and then back down to “…/nextcloud”

I am on Nextcloud 27; is it fine to just leave myself locked to “…/nextcloud:version-27.0.0” or after the upgrade are we supposed to change back to “…/nextcloud”?

Changing the image forces docker to recreate (not just restart) the container. That's the trick to solve some problems, such as the core files inside the container (they would not exist if you recreate the container).

It doesn't even have to be the specific image I listed, and you don't have to switch back to the latest image either. You can pin any tag you'd like, and in fact LSIO recommends pinning images whenever possible to prevent surprise auto updates.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, blaine07 said:

How can I change the tagged image to 25? I tried changing "lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud" to "lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:25.0.0" but it literally crashes UnRaid.. Have to restart 😕 (command for docker and for unraid stops working entirely, hardware stats stop working, etc.)

This might help?

https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2023-06-25-nextcloud/

The major version (the first number in the version before the decimal) is all that you need to worry about. Using 

lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:version-25.0.4 should be fine, even if your install is 25.0.3 or 25.0.0

The key thing you missed in the tag is the prefix: version-

1 minute ago, iXNyNe said:

Changing the image forces docker to recreate (not just restart) the container. That's the trick to solve some problems, such as the core files inside the container (they would not exist if you recreate the container).

It doesn't even have to be the specific image I listed, and you don't have to switch back to the latest image either. You can pin any tag you'd like, and in fact LSIO recommends pinning images whenever possible to prevent surprise auto updates.

Thank you for clarification. I’ve pinned “27” for now - thank YOU!

1 hour ago, Marv said:

latest container update broke my nextcloud.

I don't have any error in the conainer log but can't reach my nextcloud anymore. Always get '404 not found'

I was on previous version and had my nextcloud up to date.

What did change here?

Please read https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2023-06-25-nextcloud/

It should have all the info you need. If you still have issues feel free to reply here, or message on the LSIO discord (response time might be faster there).

Edited by iXNyNe
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1