[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

Hello, I've got an interesting issue at this point. My web ui of the docker for nextcloud is showing the following: This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 8.0.
You are currently running 8.1.18.

Running the Linux server docker updated to latest as of today April 20th. 

Hey,

I am also getting this error

This version of Nextcloud requires at least PHP 8.0
You are currently running 7.4.26. Please update your PHP version.

Whatever I try to do, I allways end up with this error and I don't know to to solve this :/ 

help.PNG

Edited by gevsan
5 hours ago, Masterwishx said:

@Tolete 

After changed to container defaults /config/nginx/site-confs/default.conf.sample and nginx.conf.sample and updated Nextcloud to 26.0.1

i see no refferrer policy :

image.thumb.png.f79ef8b98d8a893afa210331a5f222c3.png

but it still present in file default.conf.:

image.png.857ec1deb8acd442b0a4a8c1e6337c85.png

and .htaccess :

image.png.22b1e7f538108790f871c3bf725f02ae.png

Maybe you know where the problem ?

yup, its missing on Cloudflare side. add it to cloudflare and re-scan

• Like 1
14 hours ago, gevsan said:

Hey,

I am also getting this error

Whatever I try to do, I allways end up with this error and I don't know to to solve this :/ 

help.PNG

Sorry for the "bump" but from what I understand, I need to downgrade from 26.0.0 somehow. I just don't know how to do it...

Or is it possible for me to upgrade to 26.0.1? If yes, how?

12 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

See the link posted earlier, it's the container that needs to be downgraded, so that nextcloud can be upgraded, then the container upgraded again.

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nextcloud/issues/288#issue-1599409891

Have you gone through that?

Yes, I tried this. But I always get stuck at 

"Extracting failed"

1.PNG.fbc2548ffad551cfb598d6272c36a080.PNG

I've tried all 3 different update steps on the first page aswell..

For upgrading the Nextcloud version there are 3 options.

1.  Update via the webui when the upgrade shows as available.

2.  Update from the terminal when the upgrade shows as available with:

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar
3.  Manual upgrade using occ.

I'll attach my diagnostics aswell

tower-diagnostics-20230421-1150.zip

Edited by gevsan

Looks like your install is in a limbo state where parts of things have been updated but not all (says it's running 26.0.0 but the update it offers is 24.0.12).

Not sure of how to go about fixing this, might need to manually extract the files from the distribution archive into appdata. Maybe someone else has a better solution.

Edited by Kilrah

I have a couple Windows machines with old archives of photos, hundreds of gigabytes.  I'd like to copy these into Nextcloud.  I have my usual Unraid user account with read/write access to the Nextcloud share, and I can SMB in.  But when I go to copy a file in to the [user]\files folder, I get a permissions error.  Any help?  I've created a new share and connected it via external storage, and that would work fine.  But I'd rather my photos get folded in natively (and then run occ files:scan [user]).  Thoughts? 

* edit -- I just changed the permissions for the user folder on the nextcloud share using dynamix to change group and other to read/write.  Now works fine.  Hopefully somebody will pipe up if that was dumb (e.g., I created some security vulnerability).  

Edited by bumpkin
I think I fixed it.
20 hours ago, gevsan said:

How do I upgrade the GUI?

This is taken from a post I did in Feb which was about the same issue of PHP and NextCould being out of sync...

Unlike most docker software, upgrading the docker does not upgrade NextCloud itself. NextCloud needs to be upgraded from within its own web interface. (Click on "administration settings" in your profile icon in the top right corner of your Home Screen. That should take you to the Administration Overview link in the left hand toolbar. Scroll down and you should see an Update heading. See the attached image.) 

I suspect that you have not upgraded NextCloud in such a long time that the docker environment and the software are now too far out of sync to be compatible.
Probably the easiest fix would be to downgrade your docker. Then from the NextCloud web interface, you can upgrade to the latest and then upgrade the docker again.
You can manually set the repository from within the docker settings.
Try going back to the docker for 24.0.6 from a few months ago.
If you are using the docker from linuxserver.io then you can see all the available tags on their page.
Just edit the NextCloud docker un Unraid and change the repository line to read lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:<tag> where <tag> is the version you want to roll back to. Once you are done, just set it back to "latest".

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 2.44.52 pm.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cat2devnull said:

This is taken from a post I did in Feb which was about the same issue of PHP and NextCould being out of sync...

Unlike most docker software, upgrading the docker does not upgrade NextCloud itself. NextCloud needs to be upgraded from within its own web interface. (Click on "administration settings" in your profile icon in the top right corner of your Home Screen. That should take you to the Administration Overview link in the left hand toolbar. Scroll down and you should see an Update heading. See the attached image.) 

I suspect that you have not upgraded NextCloud in such a long time that the docker environment and the software are now too far out of sync to be compatible.
Probably the easiest fix would be to downgrade your docker. Then from the NextCloud web interface, you can upgrade to the latest and then upgrade the docker again.
You can manually set the repository from within the docker settings.
Try going back to the docker for 24.0.6 from a few months ago.
If you are using the docker from linuxserver.io then you can see all the available tags on their page.
Just edit the NextCloud docker un Unraid and change the repository line to read lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:<tag> where <tag> is the version you want to roll back to. Once you are done, just set it back to "latest".

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 2.44.52 pm.png

I would love to try this!

However even if i try to acces nextcloud from domain or local I allways get this message:

Do you know how to get to the "administarion settings" another way?

2 minutes ago, gevsan said:

However even if i try to acces nextcloud from domain or local I allways get this message:

This is what happens when you upgrade NextCloud (so it needs a newer PHP 8.x) but don't upgrade the docker (has old PHP 7.x).

Which docker are you running and what version?

It sounds like you are stuck on an old version.

Make sure your tag is set to "latest".

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, cat2devnull said:

This is what happens when you upgrade NextCloud (so it needs a newer PHP 8.x) but don't upgrade the docker (has old PHP 7.x).

Which docker are you running and what version?

It sounds like you are stuck on an old version.

Make sure your tag is set to "latest".

I see..

I changed to "lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:latest"

Now when i acces nextcloud I'm getting this message

help.PNG

Edited by gevsan

That looks fine.

It's just warning you that it might timeout due to the size of the update.

I have found that can happen but you just re-run the update and it continues where it left off.

Just give it a try or you can perform the update from the command line which should work now that you have updated to docker.

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, cat2devnull said:

That looks fine.

It's just warning you that it might timeout due to the size of the update.

I have found that can happen but you just re-run the update and it continues where it left off.

Just give it a try or you can perform the update from the command line which should work now that you have updated to docker.

The problem is that I don't know how to proceed from this message.. :D 

If i press "Start Upgrade" I will get this error, "Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported."

help.PNG

Edited by gevsan
6 hours ago, gevsan said:

The problem is that I don't know how to proceed from this message.. :D 

So I have not hit this myself but it looks like NextCloud is either trying to upgrade or downgrade in an unsupported way. It is normally only allowed to upgrade one major release at a time.

Eg if it is currently on 22.x.x then it can go to 23.x.x but not to 24.x.x or higher.

This usually happens when it gets confused because of a failed upgrade attempt in the passed so it thinks it is on a higher version than it actually is.

Eg it thinks it's on 25.x and wants to upgrade to 26.x but it actually is on 24.x

Check what version of NextCloud the GUI thinks it is on and what it wants to upgrade to.

This can be seen on the administration overview page (like I posted yesterday).

Then go into the docker shell and run the command "occ status". You should see something like;

root@1384826c6432:/# occ status
  - installed: true
  - version: 25.0.5.1
  - versionstring: 25.0.5
  - edition: 
  - maintenance: false
  - needsDbUpgrade: false
  - productname: Nextcloud
  - extendedSupport: false

Then check what the version.php thinks;

root@1384826c6432:/# cat /config/www/nextcloud/version.php 
<?php 
$OC_Version = array(25,0,5,1);
$OC_VersionString = '25.0.5';
$OC_Edition = '';
$OC_Channel = 'stable';
$OC_VersionCanBeUpgradedFrom = array (
  'nextcloud' => 
  array (
    '24.0' => true,
    '25.0' => true,
  ),
  'owncloud' => 
  array (
    '10.11' => true,
  ),
);
$OC_Build = '2023-03-23T12:04:47+00:00 28add7e896b24fee2714b21a12151e4042ab677c';
$vendor = 'nextcloud';

Also check what version the config file thinks;

root@1384826c6432:/# cat /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php | grep version
  'version' => '25.0.5.1',

All of these should be in agreement. I suspect that they are not because of a previous failed install.

I would guess that you are actually on 23.x or 24.x but the installer thinks you are on 25.x and it trying to take you straight to 26.0

You need to bring them all back so the system thinks it's on the correct version then it should be happy to upgrade and all going well, no further problems. Here is a blog that walks through the issue. Just keep in mind that since you are using the LinuxServer.io docker the path to the files above is slightly different than what is in the blog. Also it is possible depending on what version you are going from, you might need downgrade the docker by using a specific docker tag, but I wouldn't do that unless you hit a problem.

NextCloud have some nice instructions on the normal upgrade process if you want to get your head around it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, cat2devnull said:

So I have not hit this myself but it looks like NextCloud is either trying to upgrade or downgrade in an unsupported way. It is normally only allowed to upgrade one major release at a time.

Eg if it is currently on 22.x.x then it can go to 23.x.x but not to 24.x.x or higher.

This usually happens when it gets confused because of a failed upgrade attempt in the passed so it thinks it is on a higher version than it actually is.

Eg it thinks it's on 25.x and wants to upgrade to 26.x but it actually is on 24.x

Check what version of NextCloud the GUI thinks it is on and what it wants to upgrade to.

This can be seen on the administration overview page (like I posted yesterday).

Then go into the docker shell and run the command "occ status". You should see something like;

root@1384826c6432:/# occ status
  - version: 25.0.5.1
  - versionstring: 25.0.5
  - edition: 
  - needsDbUpgrade: false

Then check what the version.php thinks;

root@1384826c6432:/# cat /config/www/nextcloud/version.php 
<?php 
$OC_Version = array(25,0,5,1);
$OC_VersionString = '25.0.5';
$OC_Edition = '';
$OC_Channel = 'stable';
  'nextcloud' => 
  array (
    '24.0' => true,
    '25.0' => true,
  ),
  'owncloud' => 
  array (
    '10.11' => true,
  ),
);
$OC_Build = '2023-03-23T12:04:47+00:00 28add7e896b24fee2714b21a12151e4042ab677c';
$vendor = 'nextcloud';

Also check what version the config file thinks;

root@1384826c6432:/# cat /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php | grep version
  'version' => '25.0.5.1',

All of these should be in agreement. I suspect that they are not because of a previous failed install.

I would guess that you are actually on 23.x or 24.x but the installer thinks you are on 25.x and it trying to take you straight to 26.0

You need to bring them all back so the system thinks it's on the correct version then it should be happy to upgrade and all going well, no further problems. Here is a blog that walks through the issue. Just keep in mind that since you are using the LinuxServer.io docker the path to the files above is slightly different than what is in the blog. Also it is possible depending on what version you are going from, you might need downgrade the docker by using a specific docker tag, but I wouldn't do that unless you hit a problem.

NextCloud have some nice instructions on the normal upgrade process if you want to get your head around it.

Thanks for the explanation! I get the problem now.

This is what it looks like for me:

root@c9defde43c12:/# occ status
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
  - version: 26.0.0.11
  - versionstring: 26.0.0
  - edition: 
  - needsDbUpgrade: true

root@c9defde43c12:/# cat /config/www/nextcloud/version.php
<?php 
$OC_Version = array(26,0,0,11);
$OC_VersionString = '26.0.0';
$OC_Edition = '';
$OC_Channel = 'stable';
  'nextcloud' => 
  array (
    '25.0' => true,
    '26.0' => true,
  ),
  'owncloud' => 
  array (
    '10.11' => true,
  ),
);
$OC_Build = '2023-03-21T09:23:03+00:00 62cfd3b4c9ff4d8cdbbe6dcc8b63a1085bb94e3d';
$vendor = 'nextcloud';

root@c9defde43c12:/# cat /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php | grep version
  'version' => '23.0.12.2',

Now if I follow the Blog, I get stuck on second step...

I don't realy know what this means or how I should do it :/

docker-compose nextcloud-php apt-get update \
    && apt-get install nano \
    && nano config/config.php

15 minutes ago, gevsan said:

I don't realy know what this means or how I should do it :/

Don't take the blog to literally. It was just meant to be a basic guide.

The blog was written for a docker that doesn't come with a text editor and he is showing how to install nano. The linuxserver.io docker includes nano and vi already. Just use which ever text editor you are more comfortable with.

The main thing is that you need to edit your version.php file to look like;

<?php 
$OC_Version = array(23,0,12,2);
$OC_VersionString = '23.0.12';
$OC_Edition = '';
$OC_Channel = 'stable';
  'nextcloud' => 
  array (
    '22.0' => true,
    '23.0' => true,
  ),
  'owncloud' => 
  array (
    '10.11' => true,
  ),
);
$OC_Build = '2023-03-21T09:23:03+00:00 62cfd3b4c9ff4d8cdbbe6dcc8b63a1085bb94e3d';
$vendor = 'nextcloud';

Now restart the docker and see if you can get back into the GUI. It should all be happy now and offer an upgrade to 24.x

• Thanks 1

Hi,

i wanted to update from Version 26.0.0 to Version 26.0.1, but I get the following error:

Exception: Database error when running migration 27000Date20230309104325 for app core

There is no table with name 'nextcloud.oc_file_metadata' in the schema.
Update failed

In my Nextcloud database I couldn't find a table "oc_file_metadata".

How can I get the update to work?

Hylli

3 hours ago, cat2devnull said:

Don't take the blog to literally. It was just meant to be a basic guide.

The blog was written for a docker that doesn't come with a text editor and he is showing how to install nano. The linuxserver.io docker includes nano and vi already. Just use which ever text editor you are more comfortable with.

The main thing is that you need to edit your version.php file to look like;

<?php 
$OC_Edition = '';
$OC_Channel = 'stable';
  'nextcloud' => 
  array (
    '22.0' => true,
    '23.0' => true,
  ),
  'owncloud' => 
  array (
    '10.11' => true,
  ),
);
$vendor = 'nextcloud';

Now restart the docker and see if you can get back into the GUI. It should all be happy now and offer an upgrade to 24.x

Thank you so much for the help.

I did what you explained, and this is what my version.php looks like now

<?php 
$OC_Edition = '';
$OC_Channel = 'stable';
  'nextcloud' => 
  array (
    '22.0' => true,
    '23.0' => true,
  ),
  'owncloud' => 
  array (
    '10.11' => true,
  ),
);
$vendor = 'nextcloud';

Unfortunately it wasn't that "easy" xD

Im now getting this message..

help.PNG