[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: Nextcloud

Application Site: https://nextcloud.com/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/nextcloud/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nextcloud

Note: Requires MariaDB or MySQL, please note the issues with binlogging detailed here.  This is a Nextcloud issue which we have no control over.

https://info.linuxserver.io/issues/2023-06-25-nextcloud/

For setup guide please see the article on our website here.

Image is now upgrading Nextcloud internally

For upgrading the Nextcloud version there are 3 options.

1.  Update via the webui when the upgrade shows as available.

2.  Update from the terminal when the upgrade shows as available with:

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

3.  Manual upgrade using occ.

##Turn on maintenance mode
docker exec -it nextcloud occ maintenance:mode --on

##Backup current nextcloud install
docker exec -it nextcloud mv /config/www/nextcloud /config/www/nextcloud-backup

##Grab newest nextcloud release and unpack it
docker exec -it nextcloud wget https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/latest.tar.bz2 -P /config
docker exec -it nextcloud tar -xvf /config/latest.tar.bz2 -C /config/www

##Copy across old config.php from backup
docker exec -it nextcloud cp /config/www/nextcloud-backup/config/config.php /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

##Now Restart docker container
docker restart nextcloud

##Perform upgrade
docker exec -it nextcloud occ upgrade

##Turn off maintenance mode
docker exec -it nextcloud occ maintenance:mode --off

## Now Restart docker container
docker restart nextcloud

Once all is confirmed as working:

##Remove  backup folder
docker exec -it nextcloud rm -rf /config/www/nextcloud-backup

##Remove Nextcloud tar file
docker exec -it nextcloud rm /config/latest.tar.bz2

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

Edited by JonathanM
Remove outdated update info
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

Thanks linuxserver.io for your hard work

I want to know does it have file size limit? (owncloud dose have 1.5GB file size limit)

The file limit can be changed, as to a limit, if there's one set by Nextcloud then they'll be one here.

In other subject

can you help me setup Sabnzbd,sonarr,couchpotato and deluge the right way ?

If you ask for help in the appropriate threads then yes people will help you.  But nobody is going to walk you through the whole setup as that is quite a large undertaking.

• Like 1

If you ask for help in the appropriate threads then yes people will help you.  But nobody is going to walk you through the whole setup as that is quite a large undertaking.

I did know who to use them already use them in Windows

I mean the folder setup only

Thanks CHBMB

It looks like this suffers from the same issue that the OwnCloud beta did. That is, it stores files in the /config folder not the /data mapping.

there is no "issue" and there never was any "issue" with the lsio owncloud beta either, change the location during setup.

http://imgur.com/8Pus7FT

Noted, thanks. Can something be put in the description of the docker to maybe avoid this for others? I assumed that the docker would default to using /data because it was part of the default mapping but I understand why its not.

Looking forward to try this out, but having an issue...

I created the database on a mariadb container and then pulled the nextcloud docker, but it will not start...

Is there anything else I needed to do to get this going?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Logs are helpful.  As well as how you've got this setup.  And did you read the link and change binlogging on MariaDB as detailed in the link?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply....

I read the link, but did not change binlogging...

I'll give that a shot first and post my results.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tried to install using community applications and got a screenful of error messages. Screenshot attached. I updated the Community applications to the latest version before clicking on the add button. Running UR 6.1.9

If I was going to take a guess, either unRaid lost track of your flash drive, or your flash is corrupted.  Its not CA  Diagnostics should tell the story

I just used CA to install Linuxserver.io's nginx docker without any problems. Could it be that the flash drive is only a problem for the nextcloud docker?

Looked a bit closer.  Those errors are from the repositories.  Since you're using CA, there is zero reason to use repositories.

Go to Docker - Docker Repositories and get rid of everything in there.

Thanks for this, was just looking in to Owncloud, discovered it was abandoned by most of it's devs in favor of nextcloud. I think I'll wait to switch over from a traditional cloud provider though for my data until you're not calling it beta any more, though. ;) Especially if conversion won't be easy/supported down the road.

Do you plan to integrate Mariadb like I think I saw was done with the Owncloud docker?

Thanks for this, was just looking in to Owncloud, discovered it was abandoned by most of it's devs in favor of nextcloud. I think I'll wait to switch over from a traditional cloud provider though for my data until you're not calling it beta any more, though. ;) Especially if conversion won't be easy/supported down the road.

Do you plan to integrate Mariadb like I think I saw was done with the Owncloud docker?

Yes I would be great if you packaged it with Maria dB like you did with owncloud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

How do I change the included ssl certificate and key to the ones I have from letsencrypt?

Inside the appdata folder or (/config) there is a folder calls "keys", inside that is two files cert.crt and cert.key, those need to be replaced by equivalent certs. I am not sure if you can use a Lets Encrypt cert here but as an example I just got the $9 cert from ssls.com and it works fine.

• Thanks 1

Would someone please help me trouble shoot my problem?

I've been getting 504 Gateway Time-out error after providing the admin and mysql credentials on a brand new install.

My unraid environment

ip: 192.168.0.200

version: 6.1.9

Here are the steps I've taken.

[*]Installed linuxserver/mariadb:latest

[*]Installed lsiodev/nextcloud:latest

[*]docker exec -t -i mariadb /bin/bash

[*]mysql_secure_installation

[*]mysql -uroot -p

[*]CREATE USER 'nextcloud'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'xxxxxx';

[*]CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS nextcloud;

[*]GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON nextcloud.* TO 'nextcloud'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'xxxxxx';

[*]SET BINLOG_FORMAT = MIXED;

[*]exit

[*]https://192.168.0.200/ (and provide admin user and db wizard setup)

[*]then I get the 504 gateway error

[*]when I reload the page I get the setup wizard form again

I can see the various tables being created prefixed with "oc_". I can also see the correct credentials are saved in nextcloud's 'config.php'. I have tried mariadb as well as mysql docker containers. would anyone know a way around this problem?

Thanks