[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

I am using https. I don't think it's a resource issue, as Unraid only shows a peak load of like 15% and available RAM. Like I said I nuked it and started over and that didn't change anything. I've also cleared the browser cache and what not, as the only time I got it to login successfully was in an Incognito window, but even that failed multiple times.

At this point, how married are you to apache? If it were me, I'd temporarily stand up a letsencrypt nginx docker and see if that works any better. Just be sure you don't have both apache and nginx running at the same time, and you should be able to seamlessly swap between the two for testing. It really doesn't take long to set up, WAY less time than you've already beat on apache at this point.

Here is what shows in the nginx error log inside nextcloud:

2016/11/18 12:40:17 [error] 304#0: *52 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: _, request: "GET /index.php/apps/theming/styles?v=0 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.1.121:444"
2016/11/18 12:40:17 [error] 304#0: *53 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: _, request: "GET /index.php/apps/theming/js/theming?v=0 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.1.121:444"
2016/11/18 12:41:27 [error] 304#0: *56 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: _, request: "POST /index.php/login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.1.121:444"

As for switching from Apache, I may give that a go tonight, but if I can get it to work in Apache I'd prefer that.

Here is what shows in the nginx error log inside nextcloud:

2016/11/18 12:40:17 [error] 304#0: *52 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: _, request: "GET /index.php/apps/theming/styles?v=0 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.1.121:444"
2016/11/18 12:40:17 [error] 304#0: *53 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: _, request: "GET /index.php/apps/theming/js/theming?v=0 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.1.121:444"
2016/11/18 12:41:27 [error] 304#0: *56 upstream timed out (110: Operation timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: _, request: "POST /index.php/login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "192.168.1.121:444"

As for switching from Apache, I may give that a go tonight, but if I can get it to work in Apache I'd prefer that.

Was it working before you tried the reverse proxy stuff?

At this point, setting up nginx is just another troubleshooting tool we can use. If it works with nginx, then probably the issue lies with apache. It it doesn't work, then something is up with the nextcloud config. At least then you can concentrate on one or the other. Right now, it's rather difficult to tell which one is giving you a problem, apache or nextcloud.

OK, try this from telnet/ssh

docker exec -it mariadb /bin/bash
chmod 644 /config/custom.cnf

Back to the original error message:

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'172.17.0.1' (using password: YES)

I've sent you a PM

Mr. N.

I am trying Nextcloud and I am running into the same issue as this thread:

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=50090.msg501938#msg501938

Please, how did you end up solving this issue?

I was getting the original error, and I tried the chmod command, and now I get the following error:

XueeIzE.png

Thanks!

H.

I'm afk at the moment but the error tells me that myconf.cnf doesn't have binlogging set or it isn't registering because of perms or something else.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thank you Mr. N.

I was able to "fix" things by simply downloading the entire nextcloud zip file into one of my /apache/www folders. I added these 3 lines to my *.cnf files in /appdata/mariadb/...

log-bin        = /var/log/mysql/mariadb-bin
log-bin-index  = /var/log/mysql/mariadb-bin.index
binlog_format  = mixed

I added a new folder connection to my Apache docker to point to a share in my array for the location where nextcloud will store the files.

I did not realize that the Nexcloud docker included nginx... This would conflict with my Apache, existing certificates, and reverse proxy.

I'm afk at the moment but the error tells me that myconf.cnf doesn't have binlogging set or it isn't registering because of perms or something else.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thank you Mr. N.

I was able to "fix" things by simply downloading the entire nextcloud zip file into one of my /apache/www folders. I added these 3 lines to my *.cnf files in /appdata/mariadb/...

log-bin        = /var/log/mysql/mariadb-bin
log-bin-index  = /var/log/mysql/mariadb-bin.index
binlog_format  = mixed

I added a new folder connection to my Apache docker to point to a share in my array for the location where nextcloud will store the files.

I did not realize that the Nexcloud docker included nginx... This would conflict with my Apache, existing certificates, and reverse proxy.

H, you so overcomplicated that!

binlog format = mixed was all you need.

You can reverse proxy the SSL'd Nginx Nextcloud container with Apache with SSL as a reverse proxy no problems.  That's exactly what I did in the guide on our website.

Thank you Mr. N.

I followed you guide to the letter and I am having a nice new shinny Nexcloud Docker running. 

Tomorrow I will mention your name at the Thanksgiving table... you know, us Yanks!  ;)

:D  :D

H.

Glad you found it useful, between getting mentioned at your Thanksgiving table and Monkeyair's shrine to me I'm starting to feel very honoured.

Happy Thanksgiving Hernandito, (And all you others over the pond)

;D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Your instructions worked well. I wasn't sure if that was still the preferred method when NextCloud has a new updater built-in to the admin page now (as of 10.0.1?). I tried theirs, and it failed sometime after maintenance mode was enabled, but before the update could finish. I ran your update instructions, and it seems to have updated perfectly.

I'm new to OwnCloud/NextCloud, and I was surprised when some of the apps I was expecting to be available are apparently only available for people running NextCloud v11. It appears that 10.0.2 is the latest stable version, so have developers just  pulled apps until v11 is available? A quick Google search seems to say that v11 is when a new app store-ish feature will be released - so developers are just targeting that?

If so, that all makes sense, and I'm happy to wait. I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing some easy/obvious way to run these apps in the meantime? They just don't seem to be showing up in my NextCloud apps section as being available to install. Specifically, I'm looking for the News app, the Spreedbox video/audio calls, QOwnNotes API, etc.