[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

I need help cause i can't get this to work correctly. I had it working and then it messed up so i just didn't mess with it. Updated to 6.2 and tried to get this going and i am meet with this. (see attached) 

I have remove, reinstalled, did not work, remove reinstall. over and over.

yes i have my binlog statement, i docker exec and fixed the custom.cnf files still get this error.

What are the file permissions on the custom.cnf file?

sorry this took a long while to reply to.

root@9ce0020c5a71:/config# ls -l
total 8
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  3753 Oct  1 22:44 custom.bak.cnf
-rw-r--r-- 1 abc  users 3773 Oct  2 14:32 custom.cnf
drwxr-xr-x 1 abc  users  400 Oct  1 23:17 databases
drwxr-xr-x 1 abc  users   72 Oct  1 22:39 log

What about file perms in /mnt/cache/appdata/mariadb/

Would expect them to be the same...

Sorry again for the delay,

drwxrwxrwx  4 nobody users  168 Oct  2 14:32 mariadb/
drwxrwxrwx  2 nobody users   48 Aug 11 12:53 netdata/
drwxrwxrwx  6 nobody users  144 Oct  1 10:54 nextcloud/

I've just done a completely fresh install to test this and I'm still not able to reproduce the problems you're having.  Five mins and I was up and running.  ???

did the same thing after update to 6.2.1, both mariadb and nextcloud, and boom it working now.

Thank you for the help

Yeah, it was fixed with a nuke and pave and following the guide again, was never an issue per se, more not quite following the steps.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Yep that was exactly my case. Interestingly deleting and re-adding both MariaDB and Nextcloud multiple times wasn't enough... I had to do a full reboot and then everything worked :D

That makes no sense, docker is isolated from the host, may have been browser caching issues on your client machine, but there should be no need to reboot Unraid.  Deleting and readding a container assuming you delete the appdata is effectively "rebooting" a docker container which for this purpose could be considered a kind of mini-VM.

That makes no sense, docker is isolated from the host, may have been browser caching issues on your client machine, but there should be no need to reboot Unraid.  Deleting and readding a container assuming you delete the appdata is effectively "rebooting" a docker container which for this purpose could be considered a kind of mini-VM.

now that he/she mentions this , that could also have been my issue, i thought maybe the update magically fixed my issue never though of a reboot, i rm -r the snot of the mariadb and nextcloud folders when it keep failing. 

very odd indeed.

Interesting - thanks for sharing the info. I knew that Docker containers were isolated from the host but I thought that things like port mappings and folder sharing settings could have been saved in memory and somehow affect unRaid. Now that my uneducated guess is out of the equation, caching or some browser issues could definitely be a cause. I'm running Firefox with Electrolysis turned on and sometimes that causes funny behaviours with some scripts. Or, most probably, in my case the culprit was between the monitor and the chair :D

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help please.  What I'm trying to do probably has a very simple solution, but I can't get it to work.

I want to get a user share to sync with nextcloud without ending up with files being stored twice e.g

- I have a unraid share 'molly' mnt/cache/molly and a nextcloud user 'molly' with nextcloud files in /mnt/cache/nextcloud/molly/files

- what I want to do is have all the files that are in molly available to Molly via nextcloud, so they are synced i.e she can access via the share or nextcloud

- I don't want to store the files twice i.e. I can setup a nextcloud folder sync, but then files are stored in both folders

How do I set nextcloud up so files from a unraid share are available in a nextcloud share?

Now onto configuring apache so I can access via the web........

Unless you already have SSL certificates well in hand, I strongly suggest learning and using nginx so you can take advantage of the super easy nginx-letsencrypt SSL infrastructure provided in aptalca's docker. (No offense meant to LSIO, it's just so much easier to get SSL running that way)

Unless you already have SSL certificates well in hand, I strongly suggest learning and using nginx so you can take advantage of the super easy nginx-letsencrypt SSL infrastructure provided in aptalca's docker. (No offense meant to LSIO, it's just so much easier to get SSL running that way)

Not offended at all....  ;)

Thanks for the tip.  Had a quick go today which didn't work, but will try again tonight.  I think my stupid router is blocking my port forwards.

How would one modify the docker to all for file uploads greater than 2 megs?

The manual seems to imply that the limitation is because of the serving environment and that you need to make changes to PHP settings but I have no idea how to do that within a docker.

You change it within the webui as admin...  I've uploaded files >1GB with no problems

The manual seems to imply that the limitation is because of the serving environment and that you need to make changes to PHP settings but I have no idea how to do that within a docker.

You change it within the webui as admin...  I've uploaded files >1GB with no problems

Thanks. After reading the manual I didn't even think to check the settings as it seemed to imply it was not a NextCloud setting but a underlying environment setting.

I set mine to 2GB -- I know you've only tested 1.5GB but is there any reason larger files shouldn't work?

Thanks. After reading the manual I didn't even think to check the settings as it seemed to imply it was not a NextCloud setting but a underlying environment setting.

I set mine to 2GB -- I know you've only tested 1.5GB but is there any reason larger files shouldn't work?

I said I'd tested >1GB, I think I've even uploaded about 8GB files....

Thanks. After reading the manual I didn't even think to check the settings as it seemed to imply it was not a NextButt setting but a underlying environment setting.

I said I'd tested >1GB, I think I've even uploaded about 8GB files....

Thanks. My bad. The 1.5 was from a post early in the topic. I was reading though it and got confused.

I think my post vanished (or I put it somewhere else in this thread)

I am trying to set up my nextcloud app, but get this error every time I try to finalize set up in the nextcloud app:

I edited the custom.cnf file in mariadb folder, but everytime I restart the mariadb app, it reverts back to the previous version of the custom.cnf file.  Any thoughts?