[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

58 minutes ago, tazire said:

i just followed the manual update process shown on the first post. 

i just did this and it was super easy.  docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

the highest it would go though is 19. something, no 20.

Edited by xman111
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, Vesko said:

Hi,today i update to 19.04 and my update stuck on step 4 and now i cant update or do anything else.The command line did not work also.i get errors.Please help me to fix this problem.Thank you.

nextcloud.png

nextcloud1.png

You need to remove the .step file in the /data/updater<random characters>/ folder. SSH in and rm .step

2 hours ago, Vesko said:

Hi,today i update to 19.04 and my update stuck on step 4 and now i cant update or do anything else.The command line did not work also.i get errors.Please help me to fix this problem.Thank you.

nextcloud.png

nextcloud1.png

The commands are for the Unraid terminal not the docker console. 

• Haha 1

Hi,

Bit of an unRaid newbie so apologies in advance if this is a simple thing. I am getting a security error within the nextcloud docker container in unRaid:

"The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation."

I set up SWAG using spaceinvaderone's tutorial and took a look at his fix nextcloud common problems. I am not sure if i missed a step or something totally different. 

37 minutes ago, Syed said:

Hi,

Bit of an unRaid newbie so apologies in advance if this is a simple thing. I am getting a security error within the nextcloud docker container in unRaid:

"The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation."

I set up SWAG using spaceinvaderone's tutorial and took a look at his fix nextcloud common problems. I am not sure if i missed a step or something totally different. 

was able to figure this out... thanks!

needed to add 'trusted_proxies' => ['swag'],

to the nextcloud config.php

• Like 1
On 10/9/2020 at 5:59 AM, tazire said:

Just to give you some tips i have found to work for me if you can do it ofc. I have all my nextcloud data on dedicated ssd's and the appdata and database running on an nvme. these changes improved my experience so much. everything was super snappy.. all users have also been asking what i have done as their experience has been greatly improved also. I am still running mariaDB and havent migrated that... its possible that may improve things further for me but i havent felt the need as things are very very snappy now.

Intersting, thank you for this. Sadly I don't know that I have the SSD space to really do this right now, but perhaps in the future I could.

I do find it wierd though that the web UI for things like calendar/tasks/to-do are all slower though, file access I could understand since the data itself is stored as files in the nextcloud file share, but I would have thought all the other stuff is stored in the DB (which is on SSD cache drives)

• Like 2
On 10/9/2020 at 1:38 PM, puncho said:

Hi, trying to follow SpaceInvaderOne's change from letsencrypt to swag. Getting to the part about changing nextcloud's config, I don't have any trusted proxies under my config file. So, when I try to use swag and nextcloud I can't get in. Any tips? Thanks!

nextcloud config.jpg

Any thoughts on this? :)

How do I fix these 3 warning alerts? The Space Invader Tutorial is no longer valid with Swag. I need help. I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out.

"

The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not set to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips ↗.

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/caldav". Further information can be found in the documentation.

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/carddav". Further information can be found in the documentation."

Also bonus points if someone can tell me how to change the temp in the dashboard to F instead of C. 

How do I fix these 3 warning alerts? The Space Invader Tutorial is no longer valid with Swag. I need help. I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out.

"
The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not set to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips .
Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/caldav". Further information can be found in the documentation.
Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/carddav". Further information can be found in the documentation."

Also bonus points if someone can tell me how to change the temp in the dashboard to F instead of C. 

I'm having the same problem let me know if you get it fixed. 
How are you having the same problem if you can get to your settings and see those errors?

The first error it's easy to fix. In the config file they have that header commented out in the docker. I'm not at home and trying to go off the top of the my head but it's in the next cloud app that a folder and then in the NGINX folder

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, H2O_King89 said:

How are you having the same problem if you can get to your settings and see those errors?

The first error it's easy to fix. In the config file they have that header commented out in the docker. I'm not at home and trying to go off the top of the my head but it's in the next cloud app that a folder and then in the NGINX folder

nextcloud\nginx\site-confs\default ? Add the codes from this video? This is all spanish to me. I'm a hardcore noob.  

Edited by ChromeFocus
nextcloud\nginx\site-confs\default ? Add the codes from this video? This is all spanish to me. I'm a hardcore noob.  

Yes that looks like the right directory path. My default file had the header but it was comment out "#" I removed the comment.

If your file doesn't have the header you can add it there.

You can also do it like this video also.

There is more then one way to skin a cat

14 minutes ago, H2O_King89 said:

Yes that looks like the right directory path. My default file had the header but it was comment out "#" I removed the comment.

If your file doesn't have the header you can add it there.

You can also do it like this video also.

There is more then one way to skin a cat emoji74.png

"add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;" always;" This is the one right? It's saying waring to only add the preload option once you read about the consequences.  I add the header with the other header blocks or does it matter? 

"add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;" always;" This is the one right? It's saying waring to only add the preload option once you read about the consequences.  I add the header with the other header blocks or does it matter? 
If I'm reading this correctly you're asking if you should have it in both places? You only need it in one place That's why I uncommented and restarted next cloud and it worked fine.