[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 9/13/2020 at 10:57 PM, ur6969 said:

I had to rebuild my Unraid from a flash backup and have just now figured out how to recover and reinstall Dockers.  I have mariadb and Nextcloud dockers installed but am having issues.

Nextcloud is unavailable via webGUI.  I get a blank white page with "Update in progress." in the top left.  Some searching led me to try to update via command line. 

Typing "docker exec -it nextcloud occ maintenance:mode --on" (the first step) yields "sh: docker: not found".  This is the command line selected from the docker.

From the main Unraid command line the same command yields, "Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/occ".  Any ideas?

Some progress everyone.  Any idea where to go from here?

Screenshot 2020-09-15 090433.png

Hi

I have a nextcloud docker and have some issues when checking settings on the nextcloud online page. the following messages appear:

Issue 1

MySQL is used as database but does not support 4-byte characters. To be able to handle 4-byte characters (like emojis) without issues in filenames or comments for example it is recommended to enable the 4-byte support in MySQL. For further details read the documentation page about this.

Issue 2

The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not set to "SAMEORIGIN". This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly.

Issue 3

The database is missing some indexes. Due to the fact that adding indexes on big tables could take some time they were not added automatically. By running "occ db:add-missing-indices" those missing indexes could be added manually while the instance keeps running. Once the indexes are added queries to those tables are usually much faster.

Missing index "share_with_index" in table "oc_share".

Missing index "parent_index" in table "oc_share".

Missing index "owner_index" in table "oc_share".

Missing index "initiator_index" in table "oc_share".

Missing index "fs_mtime" in table "oc_filecache".

Missing index "twofactor_providers_uid" in table "oc_twofactor_providers".

Missing index "version" in table "oc_whats_new".

Missing index "cards_abid" in table "oc_cards".

Missing index "cards_prop_abid" in table "oc_cards_properties".

Missing index "calendarobject_calid_index" in table "oc_calendarobjects_props".

Missing index "schedulobj_principuri_index" in table "oc_schedulingobjects".

Missing index "properties_path_index" in table "oc_properties".

Issue 4

The database is missing some optional columns. Due to the fact that adding columns on big tables could take some time they were not added automatically when they can be optional. By running "occ db:add-missing-columns" those missing columns could be added manually while the instance keeps running. Once the columns are added some features might improve responsiveness or usability.

Issue 5

Missing optional column "reference_id" in table "oc_comments".

Some columns in the database are missing a conversion to big int. Due to the fact that changing column types on big tables could take some time they were not changed automatically. By running 'occ db:convert-filecache-bigint' those pending changes could be applied manually. This operation needs to be made while the instance is offline. For further details read the documentation page about this.

activity.activity_id

activity.object_id

activity_mq.mail_id

filecache.fileid

filecache.storage

filecache.parent

filecache.mimetype

filecache.mimepart

filecache.mtime

filecache.storage_mtime

mimetypes.id

mounts.storage_id

mounts.root_id

mounts.mount_id

storages.numeric_id

Issue 6

The "Referrer-Policy" HTTP header is not set to "no-referrer", "no-referrer-when-downgrade", "strict-origin", "strict-origin-when-cross-origin" or "same-origin". This can leak referer information. See the W3C Recommendation ↗.

Since I have no idea on how to fix these I am hoping for some advice here. What can I do to clear these messages?

2 hours ago, mrvilla said:

Hi

I have a nextcloud docker and have some issues when checking settings on the nextcloud online page. the following messages appear:

Issue 1

MySQL is used as database but does not support 4-byte characters. To be able to handle 4-byte characters (like emojis) without issues in filenames or comments for example it is recommended to enable the 4-byte support in MySQL. For further details read the documentation page about this.

Issue 2

The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not set to "SAMEORIGIN". This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly.

Issue 3

The database is missing some indexes. Due to the fact that adding indexes on big tables could take some time they were not added automatically. By running "occ db:add-missing-indices" those missing indexes could be added manually while the instance keeps running. Once the indexes are added queries to those tables are usually much faster.

Missing index "share_with_index" in table "oc_share".

Missing index "parent_index" in table "oc_share".

Missing index "owner_index" in table "oc_share".

Missing index "initiator_index" in table "oc_share".

Missing index "fs_mtime" in table "oc_filecache".

Missing index "twofactor_providers_uid" in table "oc_twofactor_providers".

Missing index "version" in table "oc_whats_new".

Missing index "cards_abid" in table "oc_cards".

Missing index "cards_prop_abid" in table "oc_cards_properties".

Missing index "calendarobject_calid_index" in table "oc_calendarobjects_props".

Missing index "schedulobj_principuri_index" in table "oc_schedulingobjects".

Missing index "properties_path_index" in table "oc_properties".

Issue 4

The database is missing some optional columns. Due to the fact that adding columns on big tables could take some time they were not added automatically when they can be optional. By running "occ db:add-missing-columns" those missing columns could be added manually while the instance keeps running. Once the columns are added some features might improve responsiveness or usability.

Issue 5

Missing optional column "reference_id" in table "oc_comments".

Some columns in the database are missing a conversion to big int. Due to the fact that changing column types on big tables could take some time they were not changed automatically. By running 'occ db:convert-filecache-bigint' those pending changes could be applied manually. This operation needs to be made while the instance is offline. For further details read the documentation page about this.

activity.activity_id

activity.object_id

activity_mq.mail_id

filecache.fileid

filecache.storage

filecache.parent

filecache.mimetype

filecache.mimepart

filecache.mtime

filecache.storage_mtime

mimetypes.id

mounts.storage_id

mounts.root_id

mounts.mount_id

storages.numeric_id

Issue 6

The "Referrer-Policy" HTTP header is not set to "no-referrer", "no-referrer-when-downgrade", "strict-origin", "strict-origin-when-cross-origin" or "same-origin". This can leak referer information. See the W3C Recommendation ↗.

Since I have no idea on how to fix these I am hoping for some advice here. What can I do to clear these messages?

Spaceinvader One videos in YouTube will help you with this errors.

I've look over this thread and seen a few people report slow web/gui. I'm having the same issue. Initial login screen is 5-10 seconds. I have one single user and about 16GB used. I have my appdata installed on a 970 evo.

I have a friend show me his nextcloud and his login was 1-2 seconds.

I'm thinking about nuking the nextcloud and mysql and starting over.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, ur6969 said:

Some progress everyone.  Any idea where to go from here?

Screenshot 2020-09-15 090433.png

It's !@#$%&* FIXED!

It took 3 pours of single barrel Four Roses but I finally stumbled on this Reddit post:

I had saved my last CA Backup & Restore before it rolled off to my pc and was able to copy over the Nextcloud folder in full.  From there I used the command line update procedure in the first post of this thread.

Drink more everyone.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, H2O_King89 said:

I've look over this thread and seen a few people report slow web/gui. I'm having the same issue. Initial login screen is 5-10 seconds. I have one single user and about 16GB used. I have my appdata installed on a 970 evo.

I have a friend show me his nextcloud and his login was 1-2 seconds.

I'm thinking about nuking the nextcloud and mysql and starting over.

It's most likely spun down drives or something like that. There was someone mentioning optimizing the database settings to speed things up in this thread, if I remember correctly.

On 9/14/2020 at 2:45 PM, portonalga said:

Good morning everyone.

I hope this information can be of help to someone that went through the issue I had.

After switching the container repository to move from LetsEncrypt to SWAG, my NextCloud would not connect at all.

If this is your case, just go to the new SWAG container, edit, and re-add your DuckDNS token.

It took me a while to figure out that was the issue, so I certainly hope someone can benefit from my experience here.

This just goes to show that, since NextCloud needs more than 1 container to work outside of our networks, there is always a high chance that the issue is not the NextCloud installation, but one or more of the other parts.

Hi,did you edit the file . SAMPLE  in Appdata SWAG because i forgot and then remember that i have now new appdata folder

not the old one with Letsencrypt name.

For me everything is working now

Edited by Vesko
It's most likely spun down drives or something like that. There was someone mentioning optimizing the database settings to speed things up in this thread, if I remember correctly.
So we are talking about the Nextcloud share I take it. Yeah I have that set to cache on so it moves it to the array. I see what you mean about the spin up now. I did a quick test and the initial web visit was 10s and closing the browser and revisit was around 3-4s

10 hours ago, mrvilla said:

Thanks for the tip!

Hi

I watched Spaceinvader one and got rid of most errors.

Have a few more that I can not find a solution to and that he did not mention.

Issue 1

Issue 2

Would appreciate any help!

I'm currently on nextcloud 19.0.1 and for some reason my docker container wont prompt me to update, and when I try force update it reinstalls 19.0.1. 

I can ping hub.docker.com from both unraid and the nextcloud docker container so I don't believe it's an network error.

What can I do for troubleshooting in terms of why the docker updater isnt pulling the latest image?

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 7.09.31 PM.png

Edited by Jonatino
I'm currently on nextcloud 19.0.1 and for some reason my docker container wont prompt me to update, and when I try force update it reinstalls 19.0.1. 

I can ping hub.docker.com from both unraid and the nextcloud docker container so I don't believe it's an network error.

What can I do for troubleshooting in terms of why the docker updater isnt pulling the latest image?
1695269430_ScreenShot2020-09-17at7_09_31PM.thumb.png.90f85511530e8873f60ab1ac493618d5.png
With next cloud you have to update within the docker. I have found it best to update by command line

First let me say that I am a extreme newbie to all of this computer/server/networking stuff.

I've been watching the SI video series on Nextcloud and would like to setup Nextcloud. Is it necessary to do all of the reverse proxy stuff that adds so much complexity?  Are there certain circumstances in which all of that is necessary or is it just a general necessary precaution?  It feels a bit over my head so that even if I got it all working from the video, if anything even got somewhat messed up I'd never figure out what is wrong or how to fix it.....so I'm a bit reluctant to set it up with all of the reverse proxy and add all of that complexity to my Unraid server. Trying to gauge how necessary it is.

Thank You for any advice you can give!

Edited by SPOautos
First let me say that I am a extreme newbie to all of this computer/server/networking stuff.

I've been watching the SI video series on Nextcloud and would like to setup Nextcloud. Is it necessary to do all of the reverse proxy stuff that adds so much complexity?  Are there certain circumstances in which all of that is necessary or is it just a general necessary precaution?  It feels a bit over my head so that even if I got it all working from the video, if anything even got somewhat messed up I'd never figure out what is wrong or how to fix it.....so I'm a bit reluctant to set it up with all of the reverse proxy and add all of that complexity to my Unraid server. Trying to gauge how necessary it is.

Thank You for any advice you can give!
With reverse proxy this allows you to reach next cloud on the outside network. What I like about this is it gives me the ability to share files with others. I can also set up a public folder with a password on it to let people upload if they need to send me a file.

Reverse proxy was intimidating at first but learning about it made it fun to setup. I was even able to setup my own website with it.

1 minute ago, H2O_King89 said:

With reverse proxy this allows you to reach next cloud on the outside network. What I like about this is it gives me the ability to share files with others. I can also set up a public folder with a password on it to let people upload if they need to send me a file.

Reverse proxy was intimidating at first but learning about it made it fun to setup. I was even able to setup my own website with it.

The the reverse proxy is basically there to support the feature of being able to share files with those who do not have login access to my Nextcloud?  So I can securely setup Nextcloud without reverse proxy and create additional users for various devices that will be using the nextcloud and we can all share within eachother and to the Unraid server.....even without reverse proxy?  Then once its all set up if I decide to have outside access I can setup the reverse proxy stuff (which it may be easier to setup once I already have Nextcloud setup and understand how to use it).  Its a bit overwhelming to try to wrap my head around Nextcloud and reverse proxy both, all at once.....for someone who doesnt know anything about this stuff  lol.

The the reverse proxy is basically there to support the feature of being able to share files with those who do not have login access to my Nextcloud?  So I can securely setup Nextcloud without reverse proxy and create additional users for various devices that will be using the nextcloud and we can all share within eachother and to the Unraid server.....even without reverse proxy?  Then once its all set up if I decide to have outside access I can setup the reverse proxy stuff (which it may be easier to setup once I already have Nextcloud setup and understand how to use it).  Its a bit overwhelming to try to wrap my head around Nextcloud and reverse proxy both, all at once.....for someone who doesnt know anything about this stuff  lol.
It's not just for letting people share files. I just listed of the the cool abilities I can do.

You can also have auto photo backup setup on your phone. So as soon as you take a picture it will auto back up to your nextcloud. So let's say you take a picture and then some freak accident happens you damaged your phone. Your picture (s) are backup remotely.

There are a lot of features to next cloud. Reverse proxy just gives you the ability to access those features outside your network. And with let's encrypt it will certificates to the reverse proxy to make your connections secured and encrypted.

When I started this I knew nothing.

14 minutes ago, H2O_King89 said:

It's not just for letting people share files. I just listed of the the cool abilities I can do.

You can also have auto photo backup setup on your phone. So as soon as you take a picture it will auto back up to your nextcloud. So let's say you take a picture and then some freak accident happens you damaged your phone. Your picture (s) are backup remotely.

There are a lot of features to next cloud. Reverse proxy just gives you the ability to access those features outside your network. And with let's encrypt it will certificates to the reverse proxy to make your connections secured and encrypted.

When I started this I knew nothing.

Okay, so when you say "outside of your network" you are refering to the local network that Unraid is on? So for instance to use phone apps and have them backup to Unraid (like you mentioned), requires reverse proxy?  That is a feature I am really needing so I suppose I will need to set up the reverse proxy.....dang, that sucks  lol

From your first post, when  you said "outside of your network", I thought you were referring to the devices connected to my Nextcloud account (such as a phone logged in with the phone app) as part of the network....as opposed to those outside of my Nextcloud account that I'm sharing back and forth with.  Thamk you for clarifying.

This is a lot to take in!

Edited by SPOautos

Okay, so when you say "outside of your network" you are refering to the local network that Unraid is on? So for instance to use phone apps and have them backup to Unraid (like you mentioned), requires reverse proxy?  That is a feature I am really needing so I suppose I will need to set up the reverse proxy.....dang, that sucks  lol

From your first post, when  you said "outside of your network", I thought you were referring to the devices connected to my Nextcloud (such as a phone logged in with the phone app) as part of the network.  Thamk you for clarifying.

This is a lot to take in!
Local network or lan network or in/on your network aka your home

Wan or outside of your network or remote aka away from your home.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, H2O_King89 said:

Local network or lan network or in/on your network aka your home

Wan or outside of your network or remote aka away from your home.

Thank you.....being new to all of this means not really understanding all of the correct terminology.  I appreciate it......heading off to watch those videos a lot more hahaha

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

Thank you.....being new to all of this means not really understanding all of the correct terminology.  I appreciate it......heading off to watch those videos a lot more hahaha

Just to be complete and accurate, reverse proxy is not strictly necessary for nextcloud to operate properly and securely over WAN. However... the steps you have to take to get it set up properly and securely are just as complicated if not more so than just setting up the reverse proxy with SWAG (nee LSIO letsencrypt).

The tutorials and examples are all in place for reverse proxy on Unraid, if you wanted to set up nextcloud with a proper SSL certificate by itself, you would be following a whole different set of directions, and you would be losing out on the rest of SWAG's possible uses.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Jonatino said:
Is this a next cloud specific thing or for all unraid containers. Do I run the manual occ update?

Normally you should only update via unraid but with nextcloud you have to update with in the docker.

this is who i followed 

On 7/22/2019 at 10:36 PM, Maticks said:

So.. the docker updates, upgrade the docker itself it doesn't perform the upgrade on Nextcloud.

You can do it through the webui but i find the wheels fall off that sometimes and it becomes a pain.

I prefer doing mine through the CLI its also easier to fix if something goes wrong if your in the CLI.

Open a console on the docker image.

cd /config/www/nextcloud/updater/

root@bd32ce1bcd66:/config/www/nextcloud/updater# sudo -u abc php updater.phar 

This will launch the CLI upgrade tool which will tell you what version you are and you can do the upgrade.

Nextcloud Updater - version: v14.0.2RC2-7-g57268cb

Current version is 15.0.5.

Update to Nextcloud 16.0.3 available. (channel: "stable")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-16.0.3.zip

Steps that will be executed:
[ ] Check for expected files
[ ] Check for write permissions
[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Enable maintenance mode
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Move new files in place
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] y

Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater.

[✔] Check for expected files
[✔] Check for write permissions
[✔] Create backup
[✔] Downloading
[✔] Verify integrity
[✔] Extracting
[✔] Enable maintenance mode
[✔] Replace entry points
[✔] Delete old files
[✔] Move new files in place
[✔] Done

Update of code successful.

Should the "occ upgrade" command be executed? [Y/n] Y

sit back, drink a coffee and wait for it to finish. it can take a while before there is any output here.

And then say No here

Keep maintenance mode active? [y/N] N

If you say yes you need to run another command to disable maintenance mode and get Nextcloud back up and running.

This is for if you want to do other things after the upgrade before making Nextcloud live again.

First connect to the webui you will need to do a quick start upgrade button but it just does a DB check and starts.

Edited by H2O_King89