Jump to content
clowrym

[Support] Clowrym's Docker Repository

297 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Last time i dealt with pureVPN their config files were outdated and had to switch to a different provider, as PureVPN needed to update their certificates. They kept saying they were going to, but after 6-8months they still hadnt, I'm not sure if that could potentially still be an issue, it was over a year ago now. can you post your docker template settings, maybe something in there is incorrect

Share this post


Link to post

Hi all

Finally decided it was time for VPN and set up this wonderful docker. Everything is working flawlessly using PIA, except for some permissions weirdness. I'm not used to transmission taking control of all files and folders so forcefully.

As in, I can't even use my watch directory because of it.

Can anything be done to facilitate this? Medusa hasn't run yet, but I'm betting that stuff like unpacking will become problematic as well.

 

Edit:

I've fiddled about some more with UMASK mentioned on the previous page with no luck.

Here's what it's setting in the log for the docker:

 

Enforcing ownership on transmission config directories
Applying permissions to transmission config directories
Setting owner for transmission paths to 99:100
Setting permission for files (644) and directories (755)

 

Basically I want to be able to use my watch folder via SMB share and for stuff like Medusa to be able to move stuff around. Nothing too fancy.
I have it set up very neatly with a regular transmission container. Is there any reason that this particular instance has to play naughty with the permissions? Is it to do with privileged access mode? If I disable that, it won't run at all.

Edited by Froberg

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/18/2020 at 6:27 PM, Froberg said:

Hi all

Finally decided it was time for VPN and set up this wonderful docker. Everything is working flawlessly using PIA, except for some permissions weirdness. I'm not used to transmission taking control of all files and folders so forcefully.

As in, I can't even use my watch directory because of it.

Can anything be done to facilitate this? Medusa hasn't run yet, but I'm betting that stuff like unpacking will become problematic as well.

 

Edit:

I've fiddled about some more with UMASK mentioned on the previous page with no luck.

Here's what it's setting in the log for the docker:

 

Enforcing ownership on transmission config directories
Applying permissions to transmission config directories
Setting owner for transmission paths to 99:100
Setting permission for files (644) and directories (755)

 

Basically I want to be able to use my watch folder via SMB share and for stuff like Medusa to be able to move stuff around. Nothing too fancy.
I have it set up very neatly with a regular transmission container. Is there any reason that this particular instance has to play naughty with the permissions? Is it to do with privileged access mode? If I disable that, it won't run at all.

I have only created the template for this Docker, That being said, looking through my folders & permisisons etc. Mine are all set to nobody:users and I have no issues with Sonarr / radar managing all my files. I do have the watch directory, PUID etc. all specified in my Docker template.

 

image.png.eeab5923241acbb50dc9e624da062c6e.png

 

image.thumb.png.7f889c178f014a154dd057f09c9fbc54.png

 

you could also check your transmission settings:

 

image.png.edbd0c97680b300a9b2f45db1839893f.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, clowrym said:

I have only created the template for this Docker, That being said, looking through my folders & permisisons etc. Mine are all set to nobody:users and I have no issues with Sonarr / radar managing all my files. I do have the watch directory, PUID etc. all specified in my Docker template.

 

you could also check your transmission settings:

 

image.png.edbd0c97680b300a9b2f45db1839893f.png

Hi man, thanks for responding.

Looking at the directory structures, I just realized that the data folder specified is the actual transmission application data. I'll move that now and check around for further settings. I was unaware that changes to settings.json would be persistent..

But it seems like the docker is setting the file permissions even before transmission is started, effectively making me unable to use the share from another workstation over SMB. If you look at the log while starting it up, you'll see the same behaviour I'm sure. Is it a byproduct of privileged access and thus not something that can be avoided?

I mean, it'll be a bit more to manage, but I figure I can work around it.. but it's been very insistent about not even loading anything I manually put in to the watch directory even after setting permissions manually too. It's a bit odd. Anyway, I'll test out some more on my end and see if I can learn something. Thanks again.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, I did some cleanup and appdata folder is now moved to a cache drive instead. I've set the TRANSMISSION_UMASK setting at 000 and that does get replicated in the settings.json file. (Anything entered manually gets removed on restart..)

It still sets permissions to this when looking at the log during bootup;

 

Generating transmission settings.json from env variables
sed'ing True to true
Enforcing ownership on transmission config directories
Applying permissions to transmission config directories
Setting owner for transmission paths to 99:100
Setting permission for files (644) and directories (755)

 

umask value is 0 in settings.json - chaned from "2".

No change.

So what's setting the permissions? 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Froberg said:

Hi man, thanks for responding.

Looking at the directory structures, I just realized that the data folder specified is the actual transmission application data. I'll move that now and check around for further settings. I was unaware that changes to settings.json would be persistent..

But it seems like the docker is setting the file permissions even before transmission is started, effectively making me unable to use the share from another workstation over SMB. If you look at the log while starting it up, you'll see the same behaviour I'm sure. Is it a byproduct of privileged access and thus not something that can be avoided?

I mean, it'll be a bit more to manage, but I figure I can work around it.. but it's been very insistent about not even loading anything I manually put in to the watch directory even after setting permissions manually too. It's a bit odd. Anyway, I'll test out some more on my end and see if I can learn something. Thanks again.

 

CHanges to setting.json are not persistant, if you want them to be persistant you have to add them to your Docker template. using "TRANSMISSION_SETTING_TO_BE_PERSISTANT". theres some good information HERE on how / what to change.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes I figured as much, it doesn't change how the docker behaves when starting up though. It still sets restrictive permissions on the entire transmission directory. I haven't been able to figure out what is responsible for that.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Froberg said:

Yes I figured as much, it doesn't change how the docker behaves when starting up though. It still sets restrictive permissions on the entire transmission directory. I haven't been able to figure out what is responsible for that.

you could try changing this:

 

#GLOBAL_APPLY_PERMISSIONS=true

looking through the usersetup.sh on git, this is where the permsissions are set:

 

    echo "Enforcing ownership on transmission config directories"
    chown -R ${RUN_AS}:${RUN_AS} \
        /config \
        ${TRANSMISSION_HOME}

    echo "Applying permissions to transmission config directories"
    chmod -R go=rX,u=rwX \
        /config \
        ${TRANSMISSION_HOME}

    if [ "$GLOBAL_APPLY_PERMISSIONS" = true ] ; then
	echo "Setting owner for transmission paths to ${PUID}:${PGID}"
        chown -R ${RUN_AS}:${RUN_AS} \
            ${TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR} \
            ${TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR} \
            ${TRANSMISSION_WATCH_DIR}

	echo "Setting permission for files (644) and directories (755)"
        chmod -R go=rX,u=rwX \
            ${TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR} \
            ${TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR} \
            ${TRANSMISSION_WATCH_DIR}
    fi

 

Share this post


Link to post

That did it.

Documentation for those that want it:

 

 

Permissions are now persistent. That's awesome.

Kind of want to suggest this become a part of the main image, but hey, at least there's an option to get it workin'.

Now to see if the watch directory will function. ;-)

 

Thanks man, made my life a whole lot easier.

billede.png

Edited by Froberg

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, ajstaley33 said:

where do i find the profile.js file?

which docker?

 

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, clowrym said:

which docker?

 

unraid docker. i cant find it for the life of me. i cant find the games folder is supposed to be in

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/14/2017 at 12:17 PM, clowrym said:

I have published a few docker containers that I have been using & added for Unraid.

 

3 hours ago, ajstaley33 said:
On 1/22/2020 at 11:29 AM, clowrym said:

which docker?

 

unraid docker.

Really??

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Really??

sorry im new and trying to figure this all out. im using what ever come stock with unraid. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, ajstaley33 said:

sorry im new and trying to figure this all out. im using what ever come stock with unraid. 

Are you asking about Minecraft, or minecraftPE? neither of these are stock with unraid, they are all Docker containers you add 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, clowrym said:

Are you asking about Minecraft, or minecraftPE? neither of these are stock with unraid, they are all Docker containers you add 

the normal java edition minecraft

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ajstaley33 said:

the normal java edition minecraft

Locations of the server files would be dependent on the folder mapping you have added to your docker, For me personally, My Server files are lcoations in /mnt/cache/appdata/minecraft/servers

 

image.png.33648b01247dbefb89ca4c320e198f6c.png

 

If you have mapped your docker different then myself, they would be located based on your mapping

 

image.thumb.png.4d2cc185f5a3d45614880c87340cc83d.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, clowrym said:

Locations of the server files would be dependent on the folder mapping you have added to your docker, For me personally, My Server files are lcoations in /mnt/cache/appdata/minecraft/servers

 

image.png.33648b01247dbefb89ca4c320e198f6c.png

 

If you have mapped your docker different then myself, they would be located based on your mapping

 

image.thumb.png.4d2cc185f5a3d45614880c87340cc83d.png

 

 

ok i got there but i cant seem to find the profile.js file to change the file so i can get to ftb profiles

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, ajstaley33 said:

ok i got there but i cant seem to find the profile.js file to change the file so i can get to ftb profiles

for that you will have to go into the actual container (click on the mincraft docker and click console) from there you will find profiles.js at:

 

\usr\games\mincraft\

 

I could be wrong, but I dont believe changes here will survive a restart of the container though... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/24/2020 at 11:20 AM, clowrym said:

for that you will have to go into the actual container (click on the mincraft docker and click console) from there you will find profiles.js at:

 

\usr\games\mincraft\

 

I could be wrong, but I dont believe changes here will survive a restart of the container though... 

 

thanks! so do i use the console in unraid?

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/24/2020 at 9:20 AM, clowrym said:

(click on the mincraft docker and click console)

 

Share this post


Link to post

I updated the TransmissionVPN container today or yesterday, and suddenly a new public share T_media has appeared in Unraid, and it's been mapped to this TransmissionVPN container. What's going on with that?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, clb92 said:

I updated the TransmissionVPN container today or yesterday, and suddenly a new public share T_media has appeared in Unraid, and it's been mapped to this TransmissionVPN container. What's going on with that?

Post your docker run command as explained at the first link in the Docker FAQ pinned near the top of the Docker Engine subforum. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, trurl said:

Post your docker run command as explained at the first link in the Docker FAQ pinned near the top of the Docker Engine subforum. 

Sorry.

I just realized that it's because the template changed, so it added some new default path to the container when I clicked update. And apparently Unraid just automatically creates new shares if a new folder is created in /mnt/user it seems. No help needed anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/3/2020 at 6:21 PM, clb92 said:

I updated the TransmissionVPN container today or yesterday, and suddenly a new public share T_media has appeared in Unraid, and it's been mapped to this TransmissionVPN container. What's going on with that?

I barely touch my server in how tuned up it is. But this threw me off completely. I removed that setting as I had mine already set.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.