New package: LogMeIn Hamachi 2 for unRAID 4.5.x

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have removed the old "hamachi-2.0.0.11-i686-unRAID.tgz" file from the packages folder

also removed hamachi-conf.tgz from the config folder

placed the new hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID.tgz in the packages folder

changed the line in the go script to "installpkg /boot/packages/hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID.tgz"

works fine fore me now

only can't access my server from work, but thats a firewall issue i think

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I just spent hours trying to get this working. Turns out, you need to have a DNS server configured or none of this will work.

Amazing work. I might suggest you clarify the setup process a bit for those who are unexperienced (myself).

Eg:

Installing Hamachi on UnRAID for n00bs:

1. Download the following file: http://gfjardim.googlecode.com/files/hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID.tgz

2. Go to \\UNRAID\flash and create a folder named “packages”

3. Copy the downloaded file (don’t extract it) into the “\\UNRAID\flash\packages” folder.

4. Open the file “go” in the "\\UNRAID\flash\config" folder. (Use Notepad++ instead of regular notepad)

5. At the bottom, on a fresh line, add the text "installpkg /boot/packages/hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID.tgz"

6. Save the file, and reboot your server.

7. Telnet into your server (recommend PuTTY) and enter the following lines:

a. hamachi login

b. hamachi set-nick <nickname>

c. hamachi attach <LogMeIn account email>

8. Go to the LogMeIn website under My Networks, and accept the request to join (depending on preferences). Then edit settings for the new user for them to join your network.

9. Your server should now show up in your Hamachi network!

Notes: Your server must have a DNS server configured. Try 8.8.8.8

Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...

gfjardim, do you have any plans to try to incorporate the gateway option, by chance?

It's not my choice, gateway mode requires "802.1d Ethernet Bridging" kernel module with all it's inherent hooks, and unRAID doesn't have them. If you want, I can share a small guide to recompile the kernel in the unRAID machine itself, but I can't share the module like I did with the tun/tap driver.

It's not my choice, gateway mode requires "802.1d Ethernet Bridging" kernel module with all it's inherent hooks, and unRAID doesn't have them. If you want, I can share a small guide to recompile the kernel in the unRAID machine itself, but I can't share the module like I did with the tun/tap driver.

That sounds great.  I've never done any kernel compiling, but I'm always down to learn something new.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

HI

It worked great on 5b02 but now i upgraded to 5b04 and one of the modules is outdated now

this is what i get from starting from console

installpkg /boot/packages/hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID.tgz

Verifying package hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID.tgz.

Installing package hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID.tgz:

PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:

# LogMeIn Hamachi2 v.2.0.1.13 for unRAID

#

# LogMeIn Hamachi2  is a hosted  VPN service that  securely connects

# devices and networks, extending  LAN-like network  connectivity to

# mobile users, distributed teams and business applications. You can

# easily create secure virtual networks on demand, across public and

# private networks.

#

# Package compiled by [email protected]

#

Executing install script for hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID.tgz.

insmod: error inserting '/tmp/tun.ko': -1 Invalid module format

Package hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID.tgz installed.

and this is in the systemlog

Feb 9 21:39:06 p5bplus kernel: tun: version magic '2.6.32.9-unRAID SMP mod_unload CORE2 ' should be '2.6.36.2-unRAID SMP mod_unload CORE2 ' (System)

i hope it is an easy fix ?

Didn't Tom included the TUN driver into the kernel build? If not, I'll release a new version with a precompiled driver linked to the new kernel.

It looks like he did, but it is a newer version of the linux kernel in 5.0beta4 than in 5.0beta2.

The 5.0beta4 .config file shows this:

CONFIG_TUN=m

got it to work on unraid 5.0b4 :0

just removed the tun.ko module and changed the line in the doinst.sh

from ( insmod /tmp/tun.ko )

to (modprobe tun)

thing works again

i hope it is right what i am doing ... just read up on google on what to do but not really sure if i do right :P

so if one of the guru's can correct me if necessary ?

would be largely appreciated

Can anyone post a working package for 5b4?  I tried to modify my self but I get:

WARNING:  Package has not been created with 'makepkg'
Executing install script for hamachi-2.0.0.11-i686-unRAID.tgz.
install/doinst.sh: line 2: modprob: command not found
Package hamachi-2.0.0.11-i686-unRAID.tgz installed.

scratch that missing an e  ;D

Sorry about the delay, I haven't a v5 machine to test the package, but there are good news: v5b4 now has tun and bridge modules compiled, so no more precompiled driver is needed, and now unRAID can be a gateway on your network!

I haven't tested this with v4.7, so if anyone can do that for me would be very helpful.

http://gfjardim.googlecode.com/files/hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID-2.tgz

The install script now tries to search for the embedded driver, and if not found, it tries to fall back to the precompiled driver.

[]'s

• 1 month later...

So OP what was wrong with OpenVPN? I actually have Hamachi and am looking to go TO OpenVPN

hey guys,

So I have logmein and I can access my files through my network by logging into my main PC. So what exactly is this being used for? Sorry for a dumb question

Jake - Hamachi is a VPN service that lets you connect to your entire network (not just the pc that you remotely control). Lets say you are at work and want to listen to music that is stored on your machine at home (or UnRaid Server) then, hamachi would help. I have a windows home server that will soon be an UnRaid machine, but i can get at all my files there, network notifications, heck even print something out for the folks at home from work!

VPN is far greater than Remote control (remote desktop/go to my pc, etc).

So OP what was wrong with OpenVPN? I actually have Hamachi and am looking to go TO OpenVPN

hey guys,

So I have logmein and I can access my files through my network by logging into my main PC. So what exactly is this being used for? Sorry for a dumb question

Jake - Hamachi is a VPN service that lets you connect to your entire network (not just the pc that you remotely control). Lets say you are at work and want to listen to music that is stored on your machine at home (or UnRaid Server) then, hamachi would help. I have a windows home server that will soon be an UnRaid machine, but i can get at all my files there, network notifications, heck even print something out for the folks at home from work!

VPN is far greater than Remote control (remote desktop/go to my pc, etc).

Ah ok i see now! What If I wanted to get music from unraid server and listen on my phone. Is this possible? What would I use? If you pay for logmein and can you also get hamachi or is it a separate service?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just spent hours trying to get this working. Turns out, you need to have a DNS server configured or none of this will work.

Amazing work. I might suggest you clarify the setup process a bit for those who are unexperienced (myself).

Eg:

Installing Hamachi on UnRAID for n00bs:

1. Download the following file: http://gfjardim.googlecode.com/files/hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID.tgz

2. Go to \\UNRAID\flash and create a folder named “packages”

3. Copy the downloaded file (don’t extract it) into the “\\UNRAID\flash\packages” folder.

4. Open the file “go” in the "\\UNRAID\flash\config" folder. (Use Notepad++ instead of regular notepad)

5. At the bottom, on a fresh line, add the text "installpkg /boot/packages/hamachi-2.0.1.13-i686-unRAID.tgz"

6. Save the file, and reboot your server.

7. Telnet into your server (recommend PuTTY) and enter the following lines:

a. hamachi login

b. hamachi set-nick <nickname>

c. hamachi attach <LogMeIn account email>

8. Go to the LogMeIn website under My Networks, and accept the request to join (depending on preferences). Then edit settings for the new user for them to join your network.

9. Your server should now show up in your Hamachi network!

Notes: Your server must have a DNS server configured. Try 8.8.8.8

Thanks! :)

Thanks, gonna try to see if this works tomorrow.

So does this allow me to access the unRAID web interface as well, in addition to network shares? What URL would I access the web interface with?