Unraid OS version 6.6.0 available

limetech

I tried safe mode and it worked. and then I notice the deadly dynamix.plg in the plugins directory. doh!

I thought some safeguards were placed to prevent that particular plugin from activating again... guess not.

All's well and seemingly happy with it. 

Edited by ken-ji
The GUI makes use of the Clear Sans font, developed by Intel. This is the description which goes with this font

Clear Sans is a versatile OpenType font for screen, print, and Web. We designed Clear Sans with on-screen legibility and glanceability in mind. It strikes a balance between contemporary, professional, and stylish expression and thoroughly functional purpose. It has a sophisticated and elegant personality at all sizes, and its thoughtful design becomes even more evident at the thin weight.

Clear Sans has minimized, unambiguous characters and slightly narrow proportions, making it ideal for UI design. Its strong, recognizable forms avoid distracting ambiguity, making Clear Sans comfortable for reading short UI labels and long passages in both screen and print.

Honestly, I don't get (see) why some people have issues with this font. I did quite a lot of comparisons and in terms of readability this font is one of the best IMO.

In addition the colors of the webGUI are the same as used on the official web site. Purposely the light background isn't made pure white and the dark background isn't made pure black to give less strain on the eyes.
I'm sick and tired of people bitching about the colors.

We all paid for a NAS, the fact that the team has expanded to do docker and kvm is a plus. Also while I am at it, if you paid for a license 5+ ago and get the latest version at no cost it freaking awesome. Since other would have force you to buy new hardware and/or and upgrade fee.

If you don't like it don't update, or move on to something different.

Enough soap box.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's a real testament to the unRAID developers that they're working to provide some different viewing options in both the forum and the OS.  It makes sense with so many different people using these wonderful resources that some will have problems.  For someone in that camp, it's a good feeling to know that the developers are looking to bring everyone along.

9 hours ago, perhansen said:

Have you tried the black background?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea how to change it? Where do i do that?

Black would probably be better, the unraid website works pretty good with the colors, but on the unraid gui it seems like its just not fully implemented and thought trough. 
As i read it, it seems like its a work in progress, so hopefully there's gonna be some patches soon to maybe make the new design feel like its more like a whole thing, a not just some paint on top here and there, like it in my opinion feels like right now. 

This is truely ment as constructive criticism, i work as a developer and is by no means a designer, but i can appreciate good UI and UX, and looking forward for furture versions :)

Edited by TheBekker
4 hours ago, ken-ji said:

I tried safe mode and it worked. and then I notice the deadly dynamix.plg in the plugins directory. doh!

I thought some safeguards were placed to prevent that particular plugin from activating again... guess not.

All's well and seemingly happy with it. 

When upgrading thru the GUI, the install script will remove the offending plugin, so it doesn't get loaded on a restart.

How did you upgrade?

16 hours ago, trajpar said:

Upgraded to 6.6, after a while the webGUI looks like this, I am still able to access my docker containers fine its just that the webGUI isn't working. This the only issue I've seen so far.

Screenshot at 2018-09-22 08-11-47.png

In the bottom left it says "Array undefined".

Looks like something (super.dat) got corrupted. Stop the array and re-assign your devices.

I tried out harfbuzz-1.9.0 in my extra's folder.

The text in the new GUI is now sharper.

I know a few people said it looks soft (fuzzy).

Possibly a bug in older version of hardbuzz and not a unraid fault :)

Something to maybe look into for a 6.6.x

Edited by Dazog
8 hours ago, daddygrant said:

I updated but had to revert back.

My Windows VM with HW GPU pass-through (Quadro P2000) was unable to start.  I received the error "internal error: Unknown PCI header type '127' " 

I also checked the IOMMU Groups and even recreated a VM from scratch but it was still a no go.  My system has one video card so I figured it was a reset bug.... I could be wrong.

Did you check to see if there was a BIOS upgrade for you motherboard?  If so there's a good chance it'll fix the passthrough issues.

1 hour ago, bonienl said:

When upgrading thru the GUI, the install script will remove the offending plugin, so it doesn't get loaded on a restart.

How did you upgrade?

I see. that makes sense. I thought it was part of the startup scripts (before the plugins are installed)

My brother's machine is kinda the limit: 2GB ram, with only nginx reverse proxy, transmission, minidlna (no transcoding) - there's simply not enough default RAMdisk on the root partition to upgrade with the GUI anymore (I think we did discuss this before that we really should be downloading and unpacking the unRAID archive optionally to another location)

No, there is no check on 3rd party plugins.
It is recommended to use CA FIx Common Problems to verify compatibility of 3rd party plugins.

Good to know, thanks.
I never had any problems with incompatible plugins when updating.... ohh wait yes at the time when we use the advanced buttons plugin, that one used all memory and brought the serve to its knees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is one 'true' issue. People using NFS shares may experience connection problems

A lot of "issues" in here is about incompatible plugins. People do not check upfront about compatibility (use CA Fix Common Problems) or don't have the latest version of a plugin running.

And a lot of "noise" about GUI design which doesn't affect functionality.

Edited by bonienl

Hi - a GUI point to ponder, sorry...

The GUI has horizontal scrollbars on my laptop regardless of content.  Laptop has 1900x1080 display running at 150% Scale (system recommended, touch screen).  It's not normally a huge deal, but it crops off most of the "browse" icons on the right of disk / share lists.

I've narrowed it down to the #template div, and its minimum with of 1280px.

804587420_unraidscreencap.thumb.png.afaed549f17fe2756bbaea54d1dae1d1.png804587420_unraidscreencap.thumb.png.afaed549f17fe2756bbaea54d1dae1d1.png

(sorry, should have capped a screen with cropped icons, but instead chose a page that should never be that wide)

Any chance it could be tweaked without any knock-on layout issues?

2 minutes ago, Interstellar said:

Absolutely fine here. Even seems to start faster than before (not timed it, just feels like the time I hit restart to the time pfsense comes back up is way shorter than it used to be!)

You're running pfSense? I'd be interested (in a separate thread) how you're getting on.  I've just set it up on a baremetal server - too inexperienced to risk putting it all in one box.

25 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Laptop has 1900x1080 display running at 150% Scale

With these settings you are exactly on a boundary and the browser "calculates" that both vertical and horizontal scroll bars are required.

In the stylesheet you can set the min-width to a little bit less, e.g. 1260 to allow "space" for the vertical scroll bar.

Note: this behavior doesn't happen on a true 1280 screen, but is due to the scaling you use.

• limetech unfeatured and unpinned this topic