[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

FWIW, I found this method in Reddit that seemed to work for me until they fix the log bug. But note if you have qbittorrent internet facing, it's a risk.

Adding this line under [Preferences], in the config file, works, for setting the default password manually to: adminadmin

WebUI\Password_PBKDF2="@ByteArray(ARQ77eY1NUZaQsuDHbIMCA==:0WMRkYTUWVT9wVvdDtHAjU9b3b7uB8NR1Gur2hmQCvCDpm39Q+PsJRJPaCU51dEiz+dTzh8qbPsL8WkFljQYFQ==)"

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I know there's been some chat on this but since the newest Qbit update Sonarr/Radarr won't authenticate with Qbit, user/pw is 100% correct (and not the default since the newest update). Apparently whitelisting the specific IP works, but just wondering if there's any solution that doesn't involve permanently whitelisting IP addresses?

Edited by skwisgaarz
20 hours ago, nraygun said:

FWIW, I found this method in Reddit that seemed to work for me until they fix the log bug. But note if you have qbittorrent internet facing, it's a risk.

Adding this line under [Preferences], in the config file, works, for setting the default password manually to: adminadmin

WebUI\Password_PBKDF2="@ByteArray(ARQ77eY1NUZaQsuDHbIMCA==:0WMRkYTUWVT9wVvdDtHAjU9b3b7uB8NR1Gur2hmQCvCDpm39Q+PsJRJPaCU51dEiz+dTzh8qbPsL8WkFljQYFQ==)"

Thank you! This worked here.

On 11/22/2023 at 3:46 PM, hefty-denunciation2920 said:

supervisord.logIm going insane here

- Subnet added 

-VPN added mullvad with wireguard

-files are in 

- Clean install 

Can reach UI without VPN but not with. 

Any Suggestions? 

-------------------------

Solved it by adding the IPtable from 

documentation/docker/faq/vpn.md at master · binhex/documentation · GitHub

In case anyone else is having issues accessing webUI while connected via VPN (back to local network), I had to add the VPN subnet to the LAN_NETWORK line in the template in addition to whitelist. Not sure why it always worked before without.

On 11/21/2023 at 4:29 PM, binhex said:

To be clear, from qbittorrent news post:-

so if adminadmin doesnt work then you know the reason why, check supervisrod.log file and use the randomised password, or better yet stop using the default password and set one.

I completely uninstalled it (removed the Data folder as well) and it still won't login with the default....How do I get it working to even set a non default password??

Got a real weird one... Sorted all my radarr/sonarr authorisation issues last night, but now the login information that works for arr to authorise with qbit won't let me log in to the qbit gui. I've triple checked the user/password in the arr download client settings is the same as what I'm using for the qbit web gui log in. I've also downgraded qbit in case it was something weird with the new version, still no luck. Anyone know if there's a way to bypass the qbit web gui login/have any idea what is going on here??

34 minutes ago, skwisgaarz said:

Got a real weird one... Sorted all my radarr/sonarr authorisation issues last night, but now the login information that works for arr to authorise with qbit won't let me log in to the qbit gui. I've triple checked the user/password in the arr download client settings is the same as what I'm using for the qbit web gui log in. I've also downgraded qbit in case it was something weird with the new version, still no luck. Anyone know if there's a way to bypass the qbit web gui login/have any idea what is going on here??

Sorted this by changing the pw in the qbit config file back to the default then logging in and changing the pw again.

I'm having an issue with a specific tracker. It has the status of "Not working" and the message says "Host not found (non-authoritative), try again later". The tracker in question is PrivateHD and the site doesn't seem to be having any issues. Yesterday I rolled back to an old version and was able to add a torrent from PrivateHD and it started without issue. Today, though, I added another torrent, still on the older version, and it's having the same issue. I tried updating again to the newest version, but it didn't change anything either.

Any ideas on what the issue could be or why rolling back only temporarily worked?

1 hour ago, mlitz123 said:

I am using a VPN to access my network from a remote location and when I try to open the webgui it times out and wont open.

I tried to add a new variable with "unraid network,VPN Network" but that didn't work. Any idea how to fix this?

image.png.f385c29f92af3f4e7a1df5c081f1ec73.png

Rather than adding a new variable you need to add the VPN network to the LAN_NETWORK variable that already exists. Comma separated.IMG_2602.thumb.jpeg.caef9a17affed9dd6468cca95c29c3f3.jpeg

Edited by wgstarks
  • Like 2

Unfortunately, even after rolling back to 4.6.0-1-01, adding the VPN IP's to the LAN_Network, I'm still unable to access the Web GUI, let alone face the password issue that other folks are having. I've even completely removed and re-installed 4.6.0-1-01 to no avail. Log shows the VPN is connected and WebGUI listening on the port I specified. I've also dropped a torrent file in the watched folder and saw that the file finished. 

56 minutes ago, practicing-haunch2956 said:

Unfortunately, even after rolling back to 4.6.0-1-01, adding the VPN IP's to the LAN_Network, I'm still unable to access the Web GUI, let alone face the password issue that other folks are having. I've even completely removed and re-installed 4.6.0-1-01 to no avail. Log shows the VPN is connected and WebGUI listening on the port I specified. I've also dropped a torrent file in the watched folder and saw that the file finished. 

post the contents of supervisord.log as well as your docker run command with users/passwords redacted.

3 hours ago, practicing-haunch2956 said:

Here you go. Thank you for taking a look...

docker_run+supervisord.log 15.17 kB · 2 downloads

I don’t see the docker run but looks to me like you’re missing a port mapping. If I’m reading your configuration right you changed the webUI to 8585 but I don’t see the port mapping 8585:8585.

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/qbittorrentvpn.md see Q4.

I would think this would also prevent you from accessing from any network though.

19 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

I don’t see the docker run but looks to me like you’re missing a port mapping. If I’m reading your configuration right you changed the webUI to 8585 but I don’t see the port mapping 8585:8585.

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/qbittorrentvpn.md see Q4.

I would think this would also prevent you from accessing from any network though.

I'm wondering if that recently changed? I didn't have that added before and I had been using qbittorrent just fine until that last update. Strange.

Anyway, that did the trick. Thank you so much.