Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia

1002 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, knalbone said:

No questions or complaints today. Just wanted to say I've got this running with my new GPU and Plex container and it works great. Thanks for all the hard work Linuxserver team!

Thanks.....  It's nice to hear this sort of comment once in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/12/2019 at 4:41 PM, CHBMB said:

Is your GPU detected?  Not sure there's much I can do about this to be honest, unless it's broken for everyone, we have very little control over the upstream stuff.

Yes, the GPU is detected. 

Share this post


Link to post

I just cannot seem to get this going....

Specs:
Motherboard: SuperMicro X9DA6
Processor: 2x E5-2687w
Ram: 64GB ECC
GPU: Asus GTX1060 3GB
Binhex Emby(latest version). I have emby premiere.
NO VMs
The GTX1060 is the only video card in the system.
Emby doesn't show any GPUs to use.
I also have a plex pass, and can't get that to see it either....




 

Capture - Emby Config.PNG

Capture - Nvidia Build.PNG

Capture - Nvidia_SMI.PNG

Capture - Emby Transcode.PNG

Share this post


Link to post

Did you copy the variables from this thread or type it in manually? If you copied it, then delete them and type them in manually. The same goes for --runtime=nvidia.

Emby doesn't see the card at all.

Share this post


Link to post

From my recollection, I'm not sure Binhex's version has the necessary components to transcode. I may be wrong.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, saarg said:

Did you copy the variables from this thread or type it in manually? If you copied it, then delete them and type them in manually. The same goes for --runtime=nvidia.

Emby doesn't see the card at all.

Typed them in. No copy/paste. But thank you for the suggestion.

3 hours ago, CHBMB said:

From my recollection, I'm not sure Binhex's version has the necessary components to transcode. I may be wrong.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
 

Is there a way to switch from binhex to Linuxserver's without losing everything?

Share this post


Link to post

I use the official Emby docker image with a P2000 and this Unraid Nvidia plugin (6.7.0), and I have the same problem as @buellmule. In a video I watched it is supposed to work with the official docker image, but can someone confirm if that shgould work or not? Or do I have to use the linuxserver as well (a bit annoying as the dockers seems be be set up quite different)?

 

Else, thanks for this awesome plugin!

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, olehj said:

I use the official Emby docker image with a P2000 and this Unraid Nvidia plugin (6.7.0), and I have the same problem as @buellmule. In a video I watched it is supposed to work with the official docker image, but can someone confirm if that shgould work or not? Or do I have to use the linuxserver as well (a bit annoying as the dockers seems be be set up quite different)?

 

Else, thanks for this awesome plugin!

 

I use the official emby container and a P420 (I think) and it works without problem.

Have you set it up as in the first posts and types everything in manually? Do you have by premiere?

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, saarg said:

 

I use the official emby container and a P420 (I think) and it works without problem.

Have you set it up as in the first posts and types everything in manually? Do you have by premiere?

Just nevermind, looks like re-install of nvidia drivers (and a reboot) really fixed the problem and then reapplying everything from the frontpage as I tried multiple things.

 

Thanks anyway, sorry to bother you ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, olehj said:

Just nevermind, looks like re-install of nvidia drivers (and a reboot) really fixed the problem and then reapplying everything from the frontpage as I tried multiple things.

 

Thanks anyway, sorry to bother you ;)

 

 

You disturbed me in the middle of my beer! 😄

Share this post


Link to post

v6.7.1 uploaded

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

v6.7.1 uploaded

Thanks for the quick update!

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks devs for timely updating the plugin for 6.7.1! ALSO thank you for updating the driver version to 430.14! Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post

And now 6.7.2 came out as well. Gonna wait to upgrade until this plugin is updated as well. great job by the way CHBMB!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

yeah @CHBMB, stop slacking, it's been hours since 6.7.2 released... geez ... what's taking you so long ;)

 

PS. You know I am joking.

Edited by ezhik

Share this post


Link to post

As a user of Unraid NVIDIA _and_ tools using SQLite the delayed 6.7.2 Unraid NVIDIA release is a real problem here. We can't change back to stock Unraid. On the other side some important SQLite based tools don't work any longer. In fact it has bitten us because after applying 6.7.1 SQLite tools and SQLite dumps did overwrite backups with empty files. We simply did not expect that somebody would remove a tool like SQLite from Unraid.

 

Now Unraid 6.7.2 is out and SQLite is back - but not for us. We have to wait for the Unraid NVIDIA 6.7.2 release. Going back to 6.7.0 without these additional security patches is no option either.

 

So now we have lot of time to change our own SQLite tools to check for SQLite in Unraid before dumping data or whatever. New data is not coming into the house - so everything cool, no?

 

Just some other 0.02 USD.

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

On the other side some important SQLite based tools don't work any longer. In fact it has bitten us because after applying 6.7.1 SQLite tools and SQLite dumps did overwrite backups with empty files. We simply did not expect that somebody would remove a tool like SQLite from Unraid.

 

 

Just for my own info, what important tools rely on SQLite ?  I think only of "server Layout" plugin, but it's not really "important".  Just wanted to know what would be such an important tool you can't use for now ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

As a user of Unraid NVIDIA _and_ tools using SQLite the delayed 6.7.2 Unraid NVIDIA release is a real problem here. We can't change back to stock Unraid. On the other side some important SQLite based tools don't work any longer. In fact it has bitten us because after applying 6.7.1 SQLite tools and SQLite dumps did overwrite backups with empty files. We simply did not expect that somebody would remove a tool like SQLite from Unraid.

 

Now Unraid 6.7.2 is out and SQLite is back - but not for us. We have to wait for the Unraid NVIDIA 6.7.2 release. Going back to 6.7.0 without these additional security patches is no option either.

 

So now we have lot of time to change our own SQLite tools to check for SQLite in Unraid before dumping data or whatever. New data is not coming into the house - so everything cool, no?

 

Just some other 0.02 USD.

 

 

I understand your frustration.  However, when you use a 3rd party plugin/application that is not part of the base OS and thus not maintained by that base OS development team, these things can and will happen from time to time.  It's just part of the knowledge you must have when you use a 3rd party plugin like this.  I realize that doesn't take away your frustration, but your post comes off to the LSIO team (and mainly @CHBMB) as you diminishing the fact that he is spending his free time to do this work.  If you really don't want to be in this kind of situation again, you should configure your server in a way that will not require the use of 3rd party supported tools (ie. use a CPU with iGPU or just don't use HW transcoding at all in Unraid).

Edited by IamSpartacus

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Pducharme said:

 

Just for my own info, what important tools rely on SQLite ?  I think only of "server Layout" plugin, but it's not really "important".  Just wanted to know what would be such an important tool you can't use for now ?

 

We have tons of self written scripts that create, manipulate and extract databases (MariaDB and SQLite). Many of them running automatically from within Unraid User Scripts. Some PHP, some Perl, some bash, ...

 

There's for example a 30GB SQLite database that simply holds personal names and their relations.

 

MariaDB is running here as well, but for some jobs it's not fast enough. Running that same, identical 30GB database on MariaDB was a pain - slow as hell.

 

We thought it would be a good idea to put everything from Windows onto the Unraid server and use the infrastructure of plugins, dockers and VMs. I didn't expect to fall into such a hole. 40 years of software development and I'm still learning.

 

For me it seems that there's much manual activity envolved when maintaining a plugin such Unraid NVIDIA. I was under the impression that these tasks are mainly automated. As I said. I'm still learning.

 

Here's one of the dumps that is failing since 6.7.1. Boom, without notice.

 

echo ".dump" | sqlite3 /mnt/cache/system/appdata/SQLite/Similar/similar.db > /mnt/user/Data/sqlite_backup/Similar/dump.sql

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

We have tons of self written scripts that create, manipulate and extract databases (MariaDB and SQLite). Many of them running automatically from within Unraid User Scripts. Some PHP, some Perl, some bash, ...

 

There's for example a 30GB SQLite database that simply holds personal names and their relations.

 

MariaDB is running here as well, but for some jobs it's not fast enough. Running that same, identical 30GB database on MariaDB was a pain - slow as hell.

 

We thought it would be a good idea to put everything from Windows onto the Unraid server and use the infrastructure of plugins, dockers and VMs. I didn't expect to fall into such a hole. 40 years of software development and I'm still learning.

 

For me it seems that there's much manual activity envolved when maintaining a plugin such Unraid NVIDIA. I was under the impression that these tasks are mainly automated. As I said. I'm still learning.

 

Here's one of the dumps that is failing since 6.7.1. Boom, without notice.

 


echo ".dump" | sqlite3 /mnt/cache/system/appdata/SQLite/Similar/similar.db > /mnt/user/Data/sqlite_backup/Similar/dump.sql

 

 

If I'm reading this post correctly, you are running Unraid in some type of production environment?  If that's the case, why in the world would you be running a 3rd party non-officially supported OS version?  That just can't happen in a production environment IMO.

Share this post


Link to post

@hawihoney you are using "Plugins" and not "Dockers" ??  With Dockers, at least you could have a MariaDB docker that will run your Database without being dependant on a feature of the Host OS.  I would switch everything to a docker if I were you !

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, IamSpartacus said:

[...] If you really don't want to be in this kind of situation again, you should configure your server in a way that will not require the use of 3rd party supported tools [...]

Yes, I do see that now. Three events occured at the same time. I never thought about this:

 

* SQLite was thrown out in 6.7.1 and put back in 6.7.2.

* Unraid NVIDIA 6.7.2 release is delayed.

* In addition, lots of security patched have been applied since 6.7

 

As I wrote above. I'm still learning. I will change that, definetely.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Pducharme said:

@hawihoney you are using "Plugins" and not "Dockers" ??  With Dockers, at least you could have a MariaDB docker that will run your Database without being dependant on a feature of the Host OS.  I would switch everything to a docker if I were you !

We're running plugins, dockers AND VMs. I wrote that in the answer to your post.

 

No need to discuss descisions that happened in the past. It was running perfect. But I will change some things, definetely.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, hawihoney said:

We're running plugins, dockers AND VMs. I wrote that in the answer to your post.

 

No need to discuss descisions that happened in the past. It was running perfect. But I will change some things, definetely.

 

 

Sorry missed that part.  Do you run the MariaDB docker from a NVMe cache disk?  it might help for the slowness (?).

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

Yes, I do see that now. Three events occured at the same time. I never thought about this:

 

* SQLite was thrown out in 6.7.1 and put back in 6.7.2.

* Unraid NVIDIA 6.7.2 release is delayed.

* In addition, lots of security patched have been applied since 6.7

 

As I wrote above. I'm still learning. I will change that, definetely.

 

 

Unraid Nvidia is not delayed! It is released when it's ready. Please stop commenting about this, as it's clearly stated in the first posts that new builds are released whenever they are released. 

 

If you are concerned about the security patches, run the stock unraid OS.

Since you wrote your own scripts, you are the one responsible for them to run correctly and have the security so it doesn't overwrite your backup with an empty file.

 

Please discuss issues not related to this plugin somewhere else.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.