Jump to content
binhex

[Support] binhex - PrivoxyVPN

242 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, ZooMass said:

The arch-privoxyvpn container connects to those endpoints successfully, but it doesn't do the same automatic port forwarding that the arch-rtorrentvpn and arch-delugevpn containers do. Is there a setting to force this?

nope, privoxyvpn is not designed to support port forwarding, if you need port forwarding for torrenting then please use one of the torrent vpn docker images, most vpn providers allow for multiple connections (pia i think is 5) so this shouldnt be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post

Long time user of qbittorrentvpn. Excellent container. Any chance of a wireguard version of this? I know this has been asked before, but I do have some experience using wireguard, and would be willing to assist with it where I can (not much experience with creating containers, but I'm a quick study). Perhaps if we could get others to join me in offering a bounty of sorts? I know I'd send you $ to make it happen. Anyone else interested?

There are many well documented benefits to wireguard over openvpn, and as someone who uses both daily, wireguard is definitely the better option with regards to configuration and overhead.

Share this post


Link to post

I tried updating my containers today and it broke on a few, this container was the first it broke on. So I had an orphaned image and had to reinstall. It hasn't after I reinstalled and re-entered the vpn username/password it's not working. I did also copy in a new ovpn file to use the new next-gen wireguard. However, it still doesn't work and the log file show this repeatedly. I tried to get the whole log file out of the container, but I must be doing that part wrong so I copied this from the console.

 

Any idea why it's not working?

 

2020-10-01 12:21:01,541 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
/root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 73: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
/root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 74: syntax error: unexpected end of file

2020-10-01 12:21:01,542 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN (non daemonised)...

2020-10-01 12:21:01,542 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
/root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 73: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
/root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 74: syntax error: unexpected end of file

2020-10-01 12:21:01,542 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN (non daemonised)...

2020-10-01 12:21:01,543 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
/root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 73: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
/root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 74: syntax error: unexpected end of file

2020-10-01 12:21:01,543 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN (non daemonised)...

2020-10-01 12:21:01,543 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
/root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 73: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
/root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 74: syntax error: unexpected end of file

2020-10-01 12:21:01,543 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN (non daemonised)...

2020-10-01 12:21:01,543 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
/root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 73: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
/root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 74: syntax error: unexpected end of file

2020-10-01 12:21:01,544 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN (non daemonised)...

sh-5.0# 

 

Share this post


Link to post
I did also copy in a new ovpn file to use the new next-gen wireguard.

 

WireGuard is not (yet) supported by the container. Use the next-gen open VPN files instead.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Did I misunderstand binhex's comment right above mine?

PIA offers three connection options:
1. legacy servers via OpenVPN
2. next-gen servers via OpenVPN
3. next-gen servers via WireGuard

Only 1 and 2 are currently supported by this container. And 2 is the recommended option.
Support for 3 is being worked on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, slughappy1 said:

Did I misunderstand binhex's comment right above mine?

 

3 hours ago, Jorgen said:

PIA offers three connection options:
1. legacy servers via OpenVPN
2. next-gen servers via OpenVPN
3. next-gen servers via WireGuard

Only 1 and 2 are currently supported by this container. And 2 is the recommended option.
Support for 3 is being worked on.

Also be aware PIA is dropping legacy servers in coming weeks, so soon next-gen will be the only option.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/private-internet-access-legacy-vpn-network-sunset-announcement-30-september/

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

 

Also be aware PIA is dropping legacy servers in coming weeks, so soon next-gen will be the only option.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/private-internet-access-legacy-vpn-network-sunset-announcement-30-september/

Apparently yes, I did misunderstand. Ok I decided to start over by deleting the container and image, and even removing the folder from the appdata. When I do a fresh install the container does not start up and the log file looks like this

 

Created by...
___.   .__       .__                   
\_ |__ |__| ____ |  |__   ____ ___  ___
 | __ \|  |/    \|  |  \_/ __ \\  \/  /
 | \_\ \  |   |  \   Y  \  ___/ >    < 
 |___  /__|___|  /___|  /\___  >__/\_ \
     \/        \/     \/     \/      \/
   https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2020-10-03 11:02:53.647935 [info] System information Linux a05dbf562672 5.8.12-Unraid #1 SMP Wed Sep 30 04:10:16 CDT 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2020-10-03 11:02:53.694025 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2020-10-03 11:02:53.739637 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2020-10-03 11:02:54.112162 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2020-10-03 11:02:54.761677 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2020-10-03 11:02:54.781281 [info] Setting permissions recursively on volume mappings...
2020-10-03 11:02:54.909179 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2020-10-03 11:02:54.957175 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2020-10-03 11:02:54.978163 [info] ENABLE_SOCKS defined as 'no'
2020-10-03 11:02:54.999211 [info] ENABLE_PRIVOXY defined as 'yes'
2020-10-03 11:02:55.038510 [crit] No OpenVPN config file located in /config/openvpn/ (ovpn extension), please download from your VPN provider and then restart this container, exiting...

When I look in the openvpn folder, it is indeed empty. So I then go to https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/download# and click on 'View OpenVPN Configurations'. I tried the recommended and the strong files by copying in the .crt .pem and .ovpn (US server if that matters) into /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-privoxyvpn/openvpn. When I start up the container it adds a credentials.conf file which contains the correct username/password. However, it just errors and quickly fills up the log file creating many more.

 

Here is the new log file with my username and password removed. I did notice the [warn] Password contains characters which could cause authentication issues, please consider changing this if possible, and it does have a ' in it, but it always has. So I kept how the password looked, but removed the actual one.

 

Created by...
___.   .__       .__                   
\_ |__ |__| ____ |  |__   ____ ___  ___
 | __ \|  |/    \|  |  \_/ __ \\  \/  /
 | \_\ \  |   |  \   Y  \  ___/ >    < 
 |___  /__|___|  /___|  /\___  >__/\_ \
     \/        \/     \/     \/      \/
   https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2020-10-03 11:06:26.675666 [info] System information Linux a05dbf562672 5.8.12-Unraid #1 SMP Wed Sep 30 04:10:16 CDT 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2020-10-03 11:06:26.695950 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2020-10-03 11:06:26.717625 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2020-10-03 11:06:26.740874 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2020-10-03 11:06:27.327870 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2020-10-03 11:06:27.346271 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2020-10-03 11:06:27.365313 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2020-10-03 11:06:27.390548 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2020-10-03 11:06:27.410265 [info] ENABLE_SOCKS defined as 'no'
2020-10-03 11:06:27.430528 [info] ENABLE_PRIVOXY defined as 'yes'
2020-10-03 11:06:27.455375 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/US Denver.ovpn
2020-10-03 11:06:27.545204 [info] VPN remote server(s) defined as 'us-denver.privacy.network,'
2020-10-03 11:06:27.560012 [info] VPN remote port(s) defined as '1197,'
2020-10-03 11:06:27.577042 [info] VPN remote protocol(s) defined as 'udp,'
2020-10-03 11:06:27.596542 [info] VPN_DEVICE_TYPE defined as 'tun0'
2020-10-03 11:06:27.614916 [info] VPN_PROV defined as 'pia'
2020-10-03 11:06:27.634941 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.1.0/24'
2020-10-03 11:06:27.655572 [info] NAME_SERVERS defined as '209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1'
2020-10-03 11:06:27.673876 [info] VPN_USER defined as 'REMOVED'
2020-10-03 11:06:27.693301 [info] VPN_PASS defined as 'RE'MOVED'
2020-10-03 11:06:27.714397 [info] VPN_OPTIONS not defined (via -e VPN_OPTIONS)
2020-10-03 11:06:27.734262 [info] ADDITIONAL_PORTS not defined (via -e ADDITIONAL_PORTS), skipping allow for custom incoming ports
2020-10-03 11:06:27.755265 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2020-10-03 11:06:30,403 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/privoxy.conf" during parsing
2020-10-03 11:06:30,403 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2020-10-03 11:06:30,449 INFO supervisord started with pid 6
2020-10-03 11:06:31,452 INFO spawned: 'start-script' with pid 156
2020-10-03 11:06:31,453 INFO spawned: 'watchdog-script' with pid 157
2020-10-03 11:06:31,453 INFO reaped unknown pid 7 (exit status 0)
2020-10-03 11:06:31,472 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] VPN is enabled, beginning configuration of VPN

2020-10-03 11:06:31,472 INFO success: start-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2020-10-03 11:06:31,472 INFO success: watchdog-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2020-10-03 11:06:31,485 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Password contains characters which could cause authentication issues, please consider changing this if possible

2020-10-03 11:06:31,556 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Default route for container is 172.17.0.1

2020-10-03 11:06:31,560 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 209.222.18.222 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-10-03 11:06:31,564 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 84.200.69.80 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-10-03 11:06:31,567 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 37.235.1.174 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-10-03 11:06:31,571 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 1.1.1.1 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-10-03 11:06:31,573 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 209.222.18.218 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-10-03 11:06:31,576 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 37.235.1.177 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-10-03 11:06:31,580 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 84.200.70.40 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-10-03 11:06:31,582 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 1.0.0.1 to /etc/resolv.conf

2020-10-03 11:06:31,870 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Docker network defined as    172.17.0.0/16

2020-10-03 11:06:31,875 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 192.168.1.0/24 as route via docker eth0

2020-10-03 11:06:31,875 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] ip route defined as follows...

2020-10-03 11:06:31,876 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2020-10-03 11:06:31,876 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
default via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0 
172.17.0.0/16 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.2 
192.168.1.0/24 via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0 

2020-10-03 11:06:31,877 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2020-10-03 11:06:31,955 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] iptables defined as follows...
--------------------

2020-10-03 11:06:31,956 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
-P INPUT DROP
-P FORWARD DROP
-P OUTPUT DROP
-A INPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p udp -m udp --sport 1197 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -i eth0 -p tcp -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i tun0 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p udp -m udp --dport 1197 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 192.168.1.0/24 -o eth0 -p tcp -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
-A OUTPUT -o tun0 -j ACCEPT

2020-10-03 11:06:31,957 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------

2020-10-03 11:06:31,959 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN (non daemonised)...

2020-10-03 11:06:31,959 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
/root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 73: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
/root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 74: syntax error: unexpected end of file

2020-10-03 11:06:31,960 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting OpenVPN (non daemonised)...

2020-10-03 11:06:31,960 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
/root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 73: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
/root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 74: syntax error: unexpected end of file
   
It just keeps repeating after this

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, slughappy1 said:

2020-10-03 11:06:31,960 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output: /root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 73: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `'' /root/openvpn.sh: eval: line 74: syntax error: unexpected end of file It just keeps repeating after this

can you do this please, i need to see this with debug turned on:-

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, slughappy1 said:

Sure, here you go. That was only about 1-2 seconds of it being on.

supervisord.log 8.2 MB · 0 downloads

from your log:-

--setenv VPN_USER 'REMOVED' --setenv VPN_PASS 'REMOV'ED'

so obviously you have obfuscated the password, but this got me thinking, does your username and/or password contain a quote as in ' or double quote ", if so this will cause an issue, if possible please remove the quote from your username and/or password.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, binhex said:

from your log:-


--setenv VPN_USER 'REMOVED' --setenv VPN_PASS 'REMOV'ED'

so obviously you have obfuscated the password, but this got me thinking, does your username and/or password contain a quote as in ' or double quote ", if so this will cause an issue, if possible please remove the quote from your username and/or password.

Indeed it did contain a ', but it always has and I've had no problems. I've updated my password to not contain a ' or ", and it seems to be working now. Thanks for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, frodr said:

Can someone see why this is not running?

 

Error when trying to connect: Invalid header......

 

// Frode

Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 16.01.37.png

it is running, that means privoxy is working, you now need to set your app to use the proxy.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, binhex said:

it is running, that means privoxy is working, you now need to set your app to use the proxy.

I had a different setup where radarr/sonarr was routed thru privoxy. Now I have changed that, and it works.

 

Thanks,

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, frodr said:

Can NZBGet use privoxy?

no, i believe nzbget doesnt have support for proxies.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/7/2020 at 12:50 PM, frodr said:

Can NZBGet use privoxy?

I have my nzbget setup to go thru privoxyvpn using Extra Parameter (--net=container:binhex-privoxyvpn).

Share this post


Link to post

i have other containers routing through this but when it comes to updates to the containers UnRaid dont handle it well.

If I get update to this container unless I go to unraid GUI and click on docker tab none of the other containers that use it rebuild.

is there any way to force all containers connected to restart?

Share this post


Link to post

Hello, I have being using your dockers since the past year, I really love them so really thanks for your work!

But this week I did several updates to the privoxy/qbittorrent/etc and suddenly all the binhex dockers stop working, and I being trying everything for the past 3 days, and I don't get any off them to work anymore.

 

I delete the docker file and star over, I did several different installs, I have also Plex installed and is working fine, I do also have a couple of VM working, and seams OK.

 

I really don't know how to proceed, past this steps.

 

- binhex-privoxyvpn (I cant access UI, or use it).

-- I did several downgrades, installs, etc.

-- No error log, recurrent after load.

2020-10-23 23:57:36,345 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Fri Oct 23 23:57:36 2020 CRL: loaded 1 CRLs from file [[INLINE]]
Fri Oct 23 23:57:36 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]212.102.49.185:1198
Fri Oct 23 23:57:36 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Fri Oct 23 23:57:36 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]212.102.49.185:1198
- binhex-qbittorrentvpn (Cant access UI, or anything...)

-- I did several downgrades, installs, etc.

-- No error in the log.

- binhex-sonarr (not loading UI)

- binhex-radarr (not loading UI)

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Curros said:

Hello, I have being using your dockers since the past year, I really love them so really thanks for your work!

But this week I did several updates to the privoxy/qbittorrent/etc and suddenly all the binhex dockers stop working, and I being trying everything for the past 3 days, and I don't get any off them to work anymore.

 

I delete the docker file and star over, I did several different installs, I have also Plex installed and is working fine, I do also have a couple of VM working, and seams OK.

 

I really don't know how to proceed, past this steps.

 

- binhex-privoxyvpn (I cant access UI, or use it).

-- I did several downgrades, installs, etc.

-- No error log, recurrent after load.

2020-10-23 23:57:36,345 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Fri Oct 23 23:57:36 2020 CRL: loaded 1 CRLs from file [[INLINE]]
Fri Oct 23 23:57:36 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]212.102.49.185:1198
Fri Oct 23 23:57:36 2020 UDP link local: (not bound)
Fri Oct 23 23:57:36 2020 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]212.102.49.185:1198
- binhex-qbittorrentvpn (Cant access UI, or anything...)

-- I did several downgrades, installs, etc.

-- No error in the log.

- binhex-sonarr (not loading UI)

- binhex-radarr (not loading UI)

I just figure it out.

 

My ISP company just block the DNS of the Proxy provider I was using, in other word, I just have to change the .ovpn for another that I did have access.

 

Its awful how, any of the cases I was able to find any error.

 

PD: 3 days wasted, and lots of configuration to be redone! :D

 

Nevertheless, thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post

Good evening, @binhex.

 

Starting on or about October the 10th, I am seeing that all of my *arr dockers and hydra are now ceasing to be able to use this docker for content searches, verified by removing the proxy settings to this docker. Is this related to the port forwarding issue and is it something that will work again in the future?

 

-omni

 

edit: I should include that I did update to the "next-gen" PIA settings with the following .ovpn config.

 

remote ca-toronto.privacy.network 1198
remote ca-montreal.privacy.network 1198
remote ca-vancouver.privacy.network 1198
remote de-berlin.privacy.network 1198
remote de-frankfurt.privacy.network 1198
remote france.privacy.network 1198
remote czech.privacy.network 1198
remote spain.privacy.network 1198
remote ro.privacy.network 1198
client
dev tun
proto udp
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
# -----faster GCM-----
cipher aes-128-gcm
auth sha256
ncp-disable
# -----faster GCM-----
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server
auth-user-pass credentials.conf
comp-lzo
verb 1
crl-verify crl.rsa.2048.pem
ca ca.rsa.2048.crt
disable-occ

 

Edited by omninewb

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/26/2020 at 11:57 PM, omninewb said:

Good evening, @binhex.

 

Starting on or about October the 10th, I am seeing that all of my *arr dockers and hydra are now ceasing to be able to use this docker for content searches, verified by removing the proxy settings to this docker. Is this related to the port forwarding issue and is it something that will work again in the future?

 

-omni

 

edit: I should include that I did update to the "next-gen" PIA settings with the following .ovpn config.

 


remote ca-toronto.privacy.network 1198
remote ca-montreal.privacy.network 1198
remote ca-vancouver.privacy.network 1198
remote de-berlin.privacy.network 1198
remote de-frankfurt.privacy.network 1198
remote france.privacy.network 1198
remote czech.privacy.network 1198
remote spain.privacy.network 1198
remote ro.privacy.network 1198
client
dev tun
proto udp
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
# -----faster GCM-----
cipher aes-128-gcm
auth sha256
ncp-disable
# -----faster GCM-----
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server
auth-user-pass credentials.conf
comp-lzo
verb 1
crl-verify crl.rsa.2048.pem
ca ca.rsa.2048.crt
disable-occ

 

I'm having the exact same issue, with old servers as well as next gen

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.