[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

4 hours ago, bmayne81 said:

I'm just wondering if anyone here has bepinex working with v rising. The server just terminates and boot loops when its enabled.

I think that BepInEx needs to be updated in order to work again with the latest update but I could be wrong about that. I'm not much of a modding person and enjoy (or should I say experience :P ) most games as the developers intended. :D

4 hours ago, bmayne81 said:

update: also now my server doesnt show in server list. ports are forwarded properly too.

No issues over here, I just tried it and can connect to my server, of course without mods.

2 hours ago, pacnwsoundstream said:

I had the same issue as the guys above. Could join server, but not create a character. After entering in my public IP and just leaving the server up for a few minutes

I've pushed an update yesterday which should make the 'auto' setting work properly when you have a public IPv4 and alongside with a public IPv6.

the logs show 0.0.0.0. but it does work fine

This is not the line which tells you the IP, however if you enter your public IP manually the log wont show it, if you leave it at auto the log shows it right before the start from the dedicated server.

I'll push another update to the container to show it even if it's entered manually.

How do we locate the config file for the server? The windows config file has a ton of options and i cannot locate the config file your docker is using.

I didn't find any information and also was not able to use the config files even when creating them manually and placing them in the right location (basically the same location as on Windows in the container).

From what I found you have to use the GAME_PARAMS and GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA to pass over those variables.

If you find out how to use the config files let me know and I will update the container. :)

Also please note that this game is in pretty early stages (that's why it's marked as BETA in the CA App) and the developers even marked the Linux server files as Windows only and I have to do some trickery to even install the game through the container.

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I've pushed an update yesterday which should make the 'auto' setting work properly when you have a public IPv4 and alongside with a public IPv6.

This is not the line which tells you the IP, however if you enter your public IP manually the log wont show it, if you leave it at auto the log shows it right before the start from the dedicated server.

I'll push another update to the container to show it even if it's entered manually.

I didn't find any information and also was not able to use the config files even when creating them manually and placing them in the right location (basically the same location as on Windows in the container).

From what I found you have to use the GAME_PARAMS and GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA to pass over those variables.

If you find out how to use the config files let me know and I will update the container. :)

Also please note that this game is in pretty early stages (that's why it's marked as BETA in the CA App) and the developers even marked the Linux server files as Windows only and I have to do some trickery to even install the game through the container.

That all makes sense. I have ipv6 disabled so that doesn't effect me. I appreciate your quick reply!

Regarding the additional server configuration parameters, i did the same thing and put the files where the windows files are usually located and it did not work. Then again i am not nearly as good as you are with this trickery. I will test with the extra params added manually.

I am attaching the base config. If anyone else needs a quick reference to the parameters or wants to try it on their own before i get a chance.

Thank you for the container. All said and done its still functioning great, Much appreciated 🙂

ServerConfig_.ini

Edited by pacnwsoundstream
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, pacnwsoundstream said:

That all makes sense. I have ipv6 disabled so that doesn't effect me.

Can you do that to your external IP too? I pull the IPs in via icanhazip.com

22 minutes ago, pacnwsoundstream said:

I will test with the extra params added manually.

That should work, is a mess but should work.

23 minutes ago, pacnwsoundstream said:

I am attaching the base config. If anyone else needs a quick reference to the parameters or wants to try it on their own before i get a chance.

Thanks, I will try that later today, will maybe take me one or two days but let you know. :)

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

I think that BepInEx needs to be updated in order to work again with the latest update but I could be wrong about that. I'm not much of a modding person and enjoy (or should I say experience :P ) most games as the developers intended. :D

No issues over here, I just tried it and can connect to my server, of course without mods.

Ok thank you for checking. I’ll look again and see if there was something I missed.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, pacnwsoundstream said:

Much appreciated 🙂

Sorry, I've tried now a few things but couldn't get it to work either.

It's a bit weird anyways because the are using a subfolder in the main directory for the config instead of the Saves directory which usually every UnrealEngine game is using (.../ProjectWar/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/) for their config files.

Forget the above, sometimes I'm really dumb.

Please stop the container, remove the folder TheFrontManager from your TheFront location in your appdata directory if you've created it already, update the container itself and the "default" configuration for the container will be put in TheFrontManager directory.

Please also update your GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA variable so that only this is in there:

-port=15636 -BeaconPort=15637 -QueryPort=15638 -UseACE=true

(otherwise the servername and password form the config won't be honored)

Now you should be able to change the settings as you like, please don't forget to stop the container before editing the file.

This only applies to installations that where deployed before this post. I've already updated the template and it has the necessary changes already in there (the updated template should be available in about two hours in the CA App).

Thats an example for the Extra params for my test server if someone is intrested. You can basicly use every option from the ini file:

Its a pve only server with lower settings for testing.

-ServerName="FrontDocker name" -ServerPassword="Password" -port=15636 -BeaconPort=15637 -QueryPort=15638 -UseACE=true -ServerFightModeType=1 -IsCanSelfDamage=false -IsCanFriendDamage=false -SaveWorldInterval=300 -GMOverlapRatio=5 -GMBagInitGirdNum=80 -GreenHand=true -GMDeathDropMode=0 -GMRebirthBaseCD=1 -GMRebirthExtraCD=0 -GMPenaltiesMaxNum=10 -ConstructEnableRot=false -GMAttackCityCdRatio=0 -OpenAllHouseFlag=true -SensitiveWords=true -ServerAdminAccounts="Steam ID" -IsShowGmTitle=true -HeadNameDisplayDist_Enemy=40 -PlayerDeathAvatarItemDurableRate=0.1 -PlayerDeatShortcutItemDurableRate=0.1 -GMCraftTimeRate=0.5 -PlayerAddExpRate=1.5 -PlayerKillAddExpRate=1.5 -PlayerFarmAddExpRate=1.5 -PlayerCraftAddExpRate=1.5 -MoveSpeedRate=2 -JumpRate=1.8 -PlayerMaxHealthRate=1.5 -HealthRecoverRate=2 -PlayerMaxStaminaRate=2 -StaminaRecoverRate=2 -PlayerStaminaCostRate=0.8 -GMHungerDecRatio=0.5 -GMBodyHungerAddRate=1.8 -GMPlayerHealthRate=1.8 -GMFoodDragDurationRate=2 -CityNPCDamageRate=0.8 -GMInventoryGainRate=3 -GMSetGJConstructMaxNumRatio=3 -GMMaxRetrieveProductsRate=5 -GMTreeGainRate=4 -GMBushGainRate=4 -GMOreGainRate=4 -GMCropVegetableReapRatio=4 -GMFleshGainRate=4 -GMMeleeNpcDamageRatio=2 -GMRangedNpcDamageRatio=2 -GMMeleeConstructDamageRatio=2 -GMRangedConstructDamageRatio=2 -GMToolDamageRate=2 -GMDurabilityCostRatio=0.4 -GMVehicleDamageRate=2

Edited by RumoMM
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, RumoMM said:

Thats an example for the Extra params for my test server if someone is intrested. You can basicly use every option from the ini file

Please see the post above yours, I've update the container yesterday so that you can use the ini file and it will be automatically put in the TheFrontManager directory.

GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA will override the .ini file BTW.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please see the post above yours, I've update the container yesterday so that you can use the ini file and it will be automatically put in the TheFrontManager directory.

GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA will override the .ini file BTW.

Thanks for that. And Thanks a lot for all your dockers. BTW. Do you have an idea how to copy a save file to the docker server? I tried the save, char only and world only but nothing is working so far. Every time I just get the option to create a new char.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, RumoMM said:

I tried the save, char only and world only but nothing is working so far.

I'm assuming you've stopped the container in the first place and then replaced the files?

Did you name the server exactly the same or did you choose another name?

I would also recommend that you replace the entire save directory.

But it is possible that the saves are not inter-compatible.

Ok, I've tried everything to get my V Rising server configured correctly but it seems I'm stuck. I've deleted the docker and reinstalled fresh, checked the ports in the template and the json files make sure the ports match what I have opened on my router (9876 and 9877 UDP). I can direct connect to the ip fine but it absolutely will not show up in the server list. I even tried changing the listonsteam option in the json file to true but that doesnt work either. Is there something I am missing?

1 hour ago, bmayne81 said:

I can direct connect to the ip fine but it absolutely will not show up in the server list

Did you also edit the config file .../save-data/Settings/ServerHostSettings.json that these two values are like that:

"ListOnSteam": true,
  "ListOnEOS": true,

I have just tried to start my server and it shows up just fine after a minute or so after starting it, keep in mind that the server list is a bit buggy sometimes and it will not show your server at times (at least that's my experience with V-Rising).

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you also edit the config file .../save-data/Settings/ServerHostSettings.json that these two values are like that:

"ListOnSteam": true,
  "ListOnEOS": true,

I have just tried to start my server and it shows up just fine after a minute or so after starting it, keep in mind that the server list is a bit buggy sometimes and it will not show your server at times (at least that's my experience with V-Rising).

That was it! Showed up instantly. Thanks again!

• Like 1

I'm hearing rumors that due to an exclusive deal between Wildcard/Snail Games and Nitrado, that the only way to run a dedicated Ark: Survival Ascended server is by renting through Nitrado.  I hope this is only for rented servers and we will still be able to host our own.

Edited by Waltm
Clarify game

I've been experimenting with hosting a cs2 dedicated server. It was working up until yesterday. the docker container for cs2 dedicated server runs fine, nothing looks wrong in the log, but when I try to connect to the server, an error from the client side says "Unable to connect to server, app id specified by server is invalid" the gameid in the container template was set to 730, and was working fine. I've just tried changing it to 740, neither of them are working. Any clue how I can fix this?

ARK: SA Dedicated Server Hosting Guide - 4 hours ago

My understanding is that people can self host as long as they are not a commercial hoster selling access. Also apparently big streamers who make money with Ark have to host through Nitrado(🤬). 

I don't know if this helps but I am planning on setting up a whole another unRAID just to host Ark:SA away from Nitrado. 

Edited by Atreides
grammar