-e TZ="Europe/Paris"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Tower"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="TheFront"
  -e 'GAME_ID'='2334200'
  -e 'GAME_PARAMS'='MaxPlayers=80?'

31 minutes ago, kripy said:

-e 'GAME_PARAMS'='MaxPlayers=80?'

According to the documentation over here that should work perfectly fine.

Maybe try to remove the question mark at the end. Please let me know if that is working then I have to change my documentation and the template.

26 minutes ago, kripy said:

not working

I can't get it to work either, I really don't know what to try else. I tried now a few different things commands which should work with Unreal Engine but nothing is working.

If you do find a solution to this please let me know.

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I can't get it to work either, I really don't know what to try else. I tried now a few different things commands which should work with Unreal Engine but nothing is working.

If you do find a solution to this please let me know.

i don t see command run for lunch server where i can see ? in log ?

5 hours ago, arcticxix said:

is 7777 the only port?

Yes.

but have no communication to it over LAN or in game.

This is most of the times an issue with the Hair Pin NAT.

i have tried port forwarding it as udp, tcp, and udp/tcp

Please only forward the ports that are specified in the template with the according protocol, nothing more needed.

am i missing something?

As said, this most of the times has to do with Hair Pin NAT and how your Router/Firewall handles connections to your public IP from your local network, but this is a thing that is a bit out of scope for this thread.

I have officially tried everything I can think of. I'm having issues running the Arma3 Server out of the box, I've been going through this thread looking for anything I can find, the only thing that worked for me was the FORCE_X86, that does let me boot but I am trying to get it running in X64 for the better memory if possible.

I'm getting a seg fault error then it dies.

================================================================
 3:12:36 InitSound ...
 3:12:36 InitSound - complete
 3:12:36 PhysX3 SDK Init started ...
 3:12:36 PhysX3 SDK Init ended.
 3:12:37 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.\na3_characters_f
 3:12:37 Loading movesType CfgGesturesMale
 3:12:37 MovesType CfgGesturesMale load time 35.0 ms
 3:12:37 Loading movesType CfgMovesMaleSdr
 3:12:39 Warning: looped for animation: a3\anims_f_epa\data\anim\sdr\cts\hubcleaned\briefing\hubbriefing_loop.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: hubbriefing_ext
 3:12:40 Warning: looped for animation: a3\anims_f_epa\data\anim\sdr\cts\hubcleaned\spectator\hubspectator_stand.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: hubspectator_stand_contact
 3:12:40 MovesType CfgMovesMaleSdr load time 2438.0 ms
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 107410
SteamInternal_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561197960265728 [API loaded no]
 3:12:40 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 69:    80 Segmentation fault      ./arma3server_x64 ${GAME_PARAMS}

Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.
 3:12:36 Dedicated host created.
 3:12:40 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.220, Arma 3 2.14.150957)

Gonna try and provide as much info as I can that I've seen you ask other people.

12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12700K @ 3564 MHz

My `arma` Share is a Cache Only Secured Shared.

image.thumb.png.6cae3ed8aa0bbb29cfc4dc83bc990f69.png

My `appdata` share is cache that is image.thumb.png.7df934b24c6aef771a33614ea78dd681.png
I have uninstalled and fresh installed the CA app with the following paths:

image.thumb.png.a9c4beb7d6b10da3e08eb511c20acfd5.png

image.thumb.png.f86a18966460cd80222a9fee097b98a3.png

Any help you can provide would be appreciated

Edited by PerpetualGamer

Hey guys, trying to access my valheim server which I havent used in a while but used extensively before. My log looks like this:

image.thumb.png.d6363d4530a3d761474e7dd78e0dea5b.png

I've restarted it like 10 times, previously it did do some updates. However, if I try to connect I get "Incompatible version". Im using no mods, client or server. Any idea why I can't get in? I also can't see to find out how to verify what version the server is to compare with my game. Anyone have any ideas why this won't work now?

2 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

Anyone have any ideas why this won't work now?

Seems like the container won‘t pull the new update.

Are you also sure that you are not using any mods on your client (your PC)?

Have you yet tried to set Validation to true?

If that doesn‘t help delete all folders inside the valheim directory (except for the save directory), then start the container and wait for it to update.

BTW the log seems fine to me.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Seems like the container won‘t pull the new update.

Are you also sure that you are not using any mods on your client (your PC)?

Have you yet tried to set Validation to true?

If that doesn‘t help delete all folders inside the valheim directory (except for the save directory), then start the container and wait for it to update.

BTW the log seems fine to me.

I appreciate the response.

Validation is set to true and has been. I have only ever played Vanilla Valheim, and I'm very confident no mods are in use for my client and that I've never enabled mods on the server. 

I have a share setup specifically for the valheim server docker, inside that, I can't seem to find anything that would be the "save directory" (I searched for "save"). Using the search function in Krusader, it also finds nothing in this share. The backups folder seems like the obvious one to save (and it's full of backups as I had it keep like 72 of them), but I'm a bit wary of deleting everything else as I did do quite a bit of work on the server with friends a while back and I want to save that if at all possible. 

image.png.e02d1f47b3f30efec0cdab041454a74b.png

22 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

I have a share setup specifically for the valheim server docker, inside that, I can't seem to find anything that would be the "save directory" (I searched for "save").

It's the .config directory where your save files are located, don't delete this directory and also maybe create a copy first of it.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

It's the .config directory where your save files are located, don't delete this directory and also maybe create a copy first of it.

Thank you for your help. I backed up my files just in case, then deleted everything but .config and my backups folder. I went a few levels deep checking the folders earlier looking for the worlds files but didn't go deep enough in .config to see the worlds folder. 

After deleting everything else and relaunching the docker, the server is back up and I managed to log into it on my first attempt and everything from many months ago was still there. Thanks again for the help, have a wonderful day/night. I sent you a $5 USD donation via paypal. 

• Like 1

Hello @ich777,

Thank you for your great work on the Ark Ascended docker, I have it installed and mostly working.

The only issue I seem to be facing is connecting to RCON to manage the server remotely.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have tired a couple of different setup options to no avail. 
(I'm wondering if maybe another command needs to be added like your 'UDP 1:' to allow access into the docker?)

Docker Settings:

&fileId=151560&x=5120&y=1440&a=true&etag

GameUserSettings.ini:

&fileId=151583&x=5120&y=1440&a=true&etag

Game Related Port Forwards:

&fileId=151558&x=5120&y=1440&a=true&etag

I hope this information is relevant and helpful to you.

Please let me know if you require any additional information.

7 minutes ago, DravenNZ said:

I'm wondering if maybe another command needs to be added like your 'UDP 1:' to allow access into the docker?

You have to create a port forwarding in the Docker template too, as I see in your configuration file you have set 27020 TCP, then it would be:
grafik.png.c76584f6e9c768e64753bb4bfa4789d8.png

9 minutes ago, DravenNZ said:

&fileId=151560&x=5120&y=1440&a=true&etag

What is this?

9 minutes ago, DravenNZ said:

&fileId=151558&x=5120&y=1440&a=true&etag

Only for your explanation:

In your case Port 27015 does nothing because it is not needed and not forwarded in the template

Why do you forward 7777 TCP?

The only port you need to forward in your router is 7777 UDP

Just a side note, this is actually a bad idea to forward TCP too to be on the safe side since some game servers won't even work when forwarding a additional protocol which is not needed... :D

Always just forward the ports which are specified in my template with the protocol that is specified there.

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have to create a port forwarding in the Docker template too, as I see in your configuration file you have set 27020 TCP, then it would be:
grafik.png.c76584f6e9c768e64753bb4bfa4789d8.png

Thank you for your guidance - This fixed my issue. 🎉

What is this?

This was a failed attempt to upload a screenshot showing my docker configuration / presumed irrelevant as problem is now fixed, thanks to you!

In your case Port 27015 does nothing because it is not needed and not forwarded in the template

This was referenced in an RCON tool I had tried (Probably outdated) called 'ARK Remote Admin' it used a reference in setup pointing to an RCON port and a Query Port. In a desperate attempt to get it working I also tried to forward this port. (Now removed)

Why do you forward 7777 TCP?

The only port you need to forward in your router is 7777 UDP

Thank you for pointing this out - I have now reverted my port forwards to only use 7777 UDP and 27020 TCP.

Honestly you have been a great help for something I have spent most of my weekend trying to troubleshoot, you had my answer within 17 minutes of my post going live.

Please keep up the excellent work!

Edited by DravenNZ
  • Like 1

Hello, I recently set up the valheim server for my first docker and usage of unraid. It's working awesome! I guess now I'd like to try enabling crossplay, but I can't seem to find what earlier posts talked about to make it work. I had seen things like playfab, but I don't know where or how to set that up? Any pointers in what direction to go would be appreciated! Thanks