[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

If it is not working then it seems it's a port forwarding issue, I hope you did forward your UNRAIDIP:8211 and as the protocol UDP correct?

Only UDP not both!

I think it's a port forwarding issue, I don't use pfSense anymore because for home usage OPNsense is more user friendly and not that enterprise oriented.

However if NAT reflection is not set up properly you won't be able to connect from inside your LAN with your Public IP.

Thanks for the reply! I may end up switching to OPNsense eventually. I left Unifi because I wanted to simply my router management some and have extra software packages. Maybe pfsense isn't it and OPNsense is!

My unraid is assigned a static IP so I assigned the port forward to that. I have successfully done the same for Syncthing and Plex.

I am able to connect to my Plex and Syncthing services VIA my public IP while connected to my LAN.

The rule was set to TCP / UDP I have now changed it to just UDP.

I did another test and was still unable to connect via WAN address. The docker container's network type is bridge is that ok?

1 hour ago, kernelpaniced said:

I did another test and was still unable to connect via WAN address. The docker container's network type is bridge is that ok?

Bridge network is okay (it will work on all network types).

You can connect with your LAN IP correct?

Are you really sure that people can‘t connect from outside? How did you test that?

Has anything changed with Valheim? I haven't run a server in quite a while, but my son asked to try it again, so I figured I would set a new one up.

My issue is using the -crossplay param. If I don't use it, I can find the server in the community tab and connect to it just fine. If I have the -crossplay param, it shows on the list, WITHOUT a crossplay logo, and I can no longer connect to it.

Reason I need crossplay is because the laptop my son is using, Valheim is installed via the xbox app...

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, JoeyDee said:

Has anything changed with Valheim?

Not as far as I'm aware of, are you sure that crossplay is not working after you've enabled it regardless of the icon that is displayed in the server list?

Keep in mind it will take a few minutes if you have enabled crossplay to show up properly.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Not as far as I'm aware of, are you sure that crossplay is not working after you've enabled it regardless of the icon that is displayed in the server list?

Keep in mind it will take a few minutes if you have enabled crossplay to show up properly.

yeah, crossplay definitely wasn't working, I let it sit for quite some time. 

Luckily, I did find a fix. I saw that someone else here had a similar issue where what fixed them was putting it on a vlan. I don't have vlans setup in unraid, however I changed the valheim docker from Bridge to br0, so it was assigned it's own IP on my network. Once I did this, I'm now able to connect from both my Steam valheim install and my son's Xbox app Win11.

• Like 1

Unrelated to the actual Docker image, but for anyone running a Palworld server: restart/backup your server often.

Palworld seems to have some brutal memory leaks, and on two separate occasions over the weekend my Palworld server crashed due to OOM (it was using 25+ GB) and corrupted my gameworld. Both times I've had to start from scratch, which sucks.

Here's a quick and dirty user script to back up your entire `Saved` folder (configs and world saves)

#!/bin/bash
BACKUP_DIR=/mnt/user/documents/palworld-backups
BACKUP_NAME=backup-$(date -d "today" "+%Y%m%d%H%M")

if docker ps | grep Palworld >/dev/null
then 
	docker stop Palworld >/dev/null && echo "Palworld stopped"
	cp -rp /mnt/user/appdata/palworld/Pal/Saved $BACKUP_DIR/$BACKUP_NAME && echo "Palworld saves backed up to ${BACKUP_DIR}/${BACKUP_NAME}"
	docker start Palworld >/dev/null && echo "Palworld restarted"
else
	echo "Palworld not running"
fi

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Edited by therave39

i wonder if anyone can help me, i've just setup a Valheim server on unraid for my friends but i don't own the game, i've tried looking for where this docker saves the world/map etc so i can create an adminlist and stuff like that but i can't find it.
i looked in /mnt/disk1/appdata/valheim and the server files are there but not the world or anything like that, can anyone help me thanks.

i also can't seem to figure out how to use a specific world seed, i tried adding worldseed to the game param followed by a space then the seed but not sure it worked.

Edited by RazorX
5 minutes ago, RazorX said:

i wonder if anyone can help me, i've just setup a Valheim server on unraid for my friends but i don't own the game, i've tried looking for where this docker saves the world/map etc so i can create an adminlist and stuff like that but i can't find it.
i looked in /mnt/disk1/appdata/valheim and the server files are there but not the world or anything like that, can anyone help me thanks.

i also can't seem to figure out how to use a specific world seed, i tried adding worldseed to the game param followed by a space then the seed but not sure it worked.

I believe WORLD NAME in the template is the seed name. Also linux will generate a world different from windows.

57 minutes ago, therave39 said:

Unrelated to the actual Docker image, but for anyone running a Palworld server: restart/backup your server often.

I think you've missed this post:

57 minutes ago, therave39 said:

Here's a quick and dirty user script to back up your entire `Saved` folder (configs and world saves)

I would rather recommend enabling the above mentioned Backup function in the container alongside with RCON, install my RCON plugin from the CA App and then do something like that with a User Script:

#!/bin/bash
rcon -a UNRAIDSERVERIP:25575 -p YOURPASSWORD save
sleep 5
rcon -a UNRAIDSERVERIP:25575 -p YOURPASSWORD shutdown

Don't worry about the shutdown, the container will automatically restart if the game is shutdown. ;)

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think you've missed this post:

I would rather recommend enabling the above mentioned Backup function in the container alongside with RCON, install my RCON plugin from the CA App and then do something like that with a User Script:

#!/bin/bash
rcon -a UNRAIDSERVERIP:25575 -p YOURPASSWORD save
sleep 5
rcon -a UNRAIDSERVERIP:25575 -p YOURPASSWORD shutdown

Don't worry about the shutdown, the container will automatically restart if the game is shutdown. ;)

Hope that helps.

You're a legend, thanks a ton! I definitely missed this post.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, RazorX said:

It's right there:

.../valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim

26 minutes ago, RazorX said:

For a specific seed you have to create that on your client and copy the world file over to the server.

On 1/25/2024 at 10:12 AM, ich777 said:

PALWORLD ANNOUNCEMENT

Palworld now supports automatic backups.

If you want to make use of the new feature update the container with the "force update" button on the Docker page (with advanced view enabled) and then create these variables in the template:

1. Key: BACKUP
    Value: true
    Description: Can be either true or false and will enable or disable the Backup function.

2. Key: BACKUP_INTERVAL
    Value: 120
    Description: Backup interval in minutes

3. Key: BACKUPS_TO_KEEP
    Value: 12
    Description: Number of backups to keep

(YOU HAVE TO CREATE ALL THREE VARIABLES OTHERWISE YOU WILL GET ERRORS)

In the template it should look something like that:

grafik.png.65277b8c4bc532c581a2f02117a20568.png

Another method would be to delete the existing container (but not the directory for Palworld) and re-pull it from the CA App to get the new Variables, just make sure to write down any custom things you did in the first installed template and transfer that over to the new template.

Quick question about the automated backups: does this process restart the server?

12 minutes ago, therave39 said:

Quick question about the automated backups: does this process restart the server?

No, it takes a backup in the given intervals and keep the number of specified backups.

That's why I said above you should create a User Script and enable RCON to restart the container.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, it takes a backup in the given intervals and keep the number of specified backups.

That's why I said above you should create a User Script and enable RCON to restart the container.

Perfect! Just wanted to confirm. Thanks again!

For anyone else looking to add a User Script for server restarts, here's what I threw together:

#!/bin/bash
SERVER_IP=127.0.0.1
RCON_PORT=25575
RCON_PASS=password

rconCmd () {
    command rcon -a $SERVER_IP:$RCON_PORT -p $RCON_PASS "$@"
}

if rconCmd info | grep "Welcome to Pal Server" >/dev/null
then
    echo "Palworld is running"
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_5_minutes" >/dev/null
    sleep 60
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_4_minutes" >/dev/null
    sleep 60
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_3_minutes" >/dev/null
    sleep 60
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_2_minutes" >/dev/null
    sleep 60
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_60_seconds" >/dev/null
    sleep 30
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_30_seconds" >/dev/null
    sleep 5
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_25_seconds" >/dev/null
    sleep 5
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_20_seconds" >/dev/null
    sleep 5
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_15_seconds" >/dev/null
    sleep 5
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_10_seconds" >/dev/null
    sleep 5
    rconCmd save >/dev/null
    rconCmd "shutdown 5 Server_will_restart_in_5_seconds._Get_the_fuck_out" >/dev/null
else
fi

This assumes you have ich777's RCON plugin installed (and RCON enabled on your server, obviously). It's extra verbose with the warnings/broadcasts, so you can adjust to your liking.

Edited by therave39
  • Thanks 1

Hey

Anyone had success with migrating their local data to the server? 

A friend ist asking me to host it on unraid. I don't play the game itself. We created the server (without the community server parameters). I copied over the level and player files. 
His friends could connect. 

I used this python file to fix his file:

GitHub - JannikBirn/palworld-host-save-fix: A variation of the Palworld Host Save Fix from xNul with additional bug fixes. This script can be used in a similar way to convert co-op games to dedicated server and vice versa.

Basically it should rewrite the 0000*1.sav file to whatever his GUID file is. 

He can see his map state and so on, but none of the pals or the skill tree. 

Is this a known issue?

Thanks for the support!
Best regards

4 hours ago, Beryllium said:

Anyone had success with migrating their local data to the server? 

I had one user IIRC.

4 hours ago, Beryllium said:

He can see his map state and so on, but none of the pals or the skill tree. 

Then the conversion was not done properly.

I really can't help with that since I've never done that but it should be totally doable.

On 2/5/2024 at 2:40 PM, therave39 said:

Perfect! Just wanted to confirm. Thanks again!

For anyone else looking to add a User Script for server restarts, here's what I threw together:

#!/bin/bash
SERVER_IP=127.0.0.1
RCON_PORT=25575
RCON_PASS=password

rconCmd () {
    command rcon -a $SERVER_IP:$RCON_PORT -p $RCON_PASS "$@"
}

if rconCmd info | grep "Welcome to Pal Server" >/dev/null
then
    echo "Palworld is running"
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_5_minutes" >/dev/null
    sleep 60
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_4_minutes" >/dev/null
    sleep 60
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_3_minutes" >/dev/null
    sleep 60
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_2_minutes" >/dev/null
    sleep 60
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_60_seconds" >/dev/null
    sleep 30
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_30_seconds" >/dev/null
    sleep 5
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_25_seconds" >/dev/null
    sleep 5
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_20_seconds" >/dev/null
    sleep 5
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_15_seconds" >/dev/null
    sleep 5
    rconCmd "broadcast Server_will_restart_in_10_seconds" >/dev/null
    sleep 5
    rconCmd save >/dev/null
    rconCmd "shutdown 5 Server_will_restart_in_5_seconds._Get_the_fuck_out" >/dev/null
else
fi

This assumes you have ich777's RCON plugin installed (and RCON enabled on your server, obviously). It's extra verbose with the warnings/broadcasts, so you can adjust to your liking.

I don't know about the rcon plugin but you can simply put the mcrcon binary and call it. That's how I'm using it. I agree that your way with the function is cleaner, was too lazy when I created that for my conan servers years ago

#!/bin/bash
/mnt/cache/mcrcon/mcrcon -H 192.168.0.4 -p pass -P 25575 -w 5 "broadcast Server restart in 5 minutes"
sleep 60
/mnt/cache/mcrcon/mcrcon -H 192.168.0.4 -p pass -P 25575 -w 5 "broadcast Server restart in 4 minutes"
sleep 60
/mnt/cache/mcrcon/mcrcon -H 192.168.0.4 -p pass -P 25575 -w 5 "broadcast Server restart in 3 minutes"
sleep 60
/mnt/cache/mcrcon/mcrcon -H 192.168.0.4 -p pass -P 25575 -w 5 "broadcast Server restart in 2 minutes"
sleep 60
/mnt/cache/mcrcon/mcrcon -H 192.168.0.4 -p pass -P 25575 -w 5 "broadcast Server restart in 1 minutes"
sleep 55
/mnt/cache/mcrcon/mcrcon -H 192.168.0.4 -p pass -P 25575 -w 5 "broadcast Server restarting now"
sleep 5

20 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

I don't know about the rcon plugin but you can simply put the mcrcon binary and call it. That's how I'm using it. I agree that your way with the function is cleaner, was too lazy when I created that for my conan servers years ago

On 2/5/2024 at 8:40 PM, therave39 said:

You could also create a .yaml file that the new RCON plugin can read, see here (be aware that you have to store the file somewhere on the Cache or Array).

• Like 1
On 1/25/2024 at 1:07 AM, ich777 said:

Can you please post your ligs?

Usually you just restart the FiveM container and it will check for the latest FiveM version.

TBH I‘m not sure if the latest version from txAdmin ships with FiveM

As far as I'm aware txAdmin doesn't ship with FiveM it's an addon. I just see in the web ui it want's to update more frequently than fiveM

image.thumb.png.2ae87e6a6fadf4bd94cc3e884234714b.png

Anyone having issues with Icarus? For some reason Direct Connect isn't even working I'm not seeing any attempts in the logs either. As far as I can tell it looks like everything is booting normally, just not seeing my server on the list, direct connect doesn't work, and I've port forwarded.

Edited by Milhouz
7 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

As far as I'm aware txAdmin doesn't ship with FiveM it's an addon. I just see in the web ui it want's to update more frequently than fiveM

It sure does ship with FiveM

Go to the server folder and then to: .../citizen/system_resources/monitor <- this is txAdmin.

Updates are up to you, you can download it from here.

There are plenty tutorials out there about that (took me a few minutes to figure it out how this is working :D ).

7 minutes ago, Milhouz said:

Anyone having issues with Icarus? For some reason Direct Connect isn't even working I'm not seeing any attempts in the logs either.

Any logs or something?