[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

7 minutes ago, Volff said:

Path set is this /mnt/cache/appdata/beamng-mp because it is a SSD, and i like my game servers to run of that. Is it a problem you think?

I don't know how your shares are set up but it could be possible that if you copy it to the path that you've mentioned and some settings are wrong on your server it won't see the mods.

Try to set it to /mnt/user/... and see if it solves the issue.

As said, on my server everything is working fine (I think I got about 19 Mods including Car Jump Arena 2024)

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I don't know how your shares are set up but it could be possible that if you copy it to the path that you've mentioned and some settings are wrong on your server it won't see the mods.

Try to set it to /mnt/user/... and see if it solves the issue.

As said, on my server everything is working fine (I think I got about 19 Mods including Car Jump Arena 2024)

Setting it to /mnt/user/appdata/ fixed right away. Thanks many times.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Volff said:

Setting it to /mnt/user/appdata/ fixed right away. Thanks many times.

Please keep in mind that if that fixes the issue that something is configured not correctly in your share settings.

32 minutes ago, Psyonicar said:

Also i found this, which i hope will help you to fix the issue. Greetz

You should have really read the last few posts and check for Docker updates. :D

Please update the container itself and it will work again. 😉

Im having an issue while trying to run the ark se server container. everything starts up great i switched the port how it says to in the config. I try to connect to the server and it just times out. log doesnt have anything. any pointers? I have portforwarded and everything

9TG9zx879ew5OJLKSdoC35ekb.png

Edited by DallasP
15 hours ago, H8Edge said:

I was able to get it working after messing around forever.. Granted it's probably not the best way, or even correct way to do it, but it worked.. ha..

I made a new container for ScorchedEarth.. In Apps/Settings, Allow install of second instance to Yes. Gave the 2nd instance a different name and appdata dir, so they're separate.. TheIsland docker port 7777 and ScorchedEarth port 7779

Then I added another path in both containers, naming it cluster 

container path /cluster

host path /mnt/user/appdata/cluster

in extra game parameters for both dockers, I added

-clusterID=yourclustername -clusterdiroverride=/cluster 

For me, the second docker was only connecting on port 7777, no matter what i put in the template.

I edited GameUserSettings.ini on the ScorchedEarth side and added the port in there.

[SessionSettings]
SessionName=My Session Name
Port=7779

After doing this, we're able to transport gear and dinos back and forth between the two maps on my server..

Thank you so much for the detailed response!  I shall give it a go this weekend!

• Upvote 1

@ich777 Thanks for the CS2 Server Docker-Container, works great!

Not 100% on topic, but do you guys have any recommendations on how to securely administrate the CS2 server remotely? There are a lot of mods out there like "fake rcon" an so on. This might work but is it safe enough? I'd be happy to hear, what you use.

Edited by Jaytie
On 4/5/2024 at 6:46 AM, H8Edge said:

I was able to get it working after messing around forever.. Granted it's probably not the best way, or even correct way to do it, but it worked.. ha..

I made a new container for ScorchedEarth.. In Apps/Settings, Allow install of second instance to Yes. Gave the 2nd instance a different name and appdata dir, so they're separate.. TheIsland docker port 7777 and ScorchedEarth port 7779

Then I added another path in both containers, naming it cluster 

container path /cluster

host path /mnt/user/appdata/cluster

in extra game parameters for both dockers, I added

-clusterID=yourclustername -clusterdiroverride=/cluster 

For me, the second docker was only connecting on port 7777, no matter what i put in the template.

I edited GameUserSettings.ini on the ScorchedEarth side and added the port in there.

[SessionSettings]
SessionName=My Session Name
Port=7779

After doing this, we're able to transport gear and dinos back and forth between the two maps on my server..

Is there anything else that you needed to change?

I've done everything you've listed, but still can't connect to my Scorched Earth server.

It shows up in the cluster list when at an Obelisk terminal, but when i go to transfer my character, it just reconnects to my Island server.

5 hours ago, Jaytie said:

There are a lot of mods out there like "fake rcon" an so on. This might work but is it safe enough? I'd be happy to hear, what you use.

I‘m not 100% sure because I haven‘t played CS2 much but isn‘t something like SourceMode also available for CS2 and a built in admin menu that you can access from within the game itself?

RCON is not the best choice since it is unencrypted and you have to secure it somehow (VPN, SSH or similar).

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

RCON is not the best choice since it is unencrypted and you have to secure it somehow (VPN, SSH or similar).

Thats what I also read. I will look into Sourcemod or the alternative for CS2 than, thx!

Bit of a shame that something like that isn't integrated into CS dedicated server itself.

10 hours ago, DELiRiOUS said:

Is there anything else that you needed to change?

I've done everything you've listed, but still can't connect to my Scorched Earth server.

It shows up in the cluster list when at an Obelisk terminal, but when i go to transfer my character, it just reconnects to my Island server.

You added "Port=###" to the [SessionSettings] section of \ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\GameUserSettings.ini? (on the ScorchedEarth docker)

Not sure if capitalization matters.. I think it does.. I kept killing my girlfriend until I changed ServerPVE=true to =True

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jaytie said:

Bit of a shame that something like that isn't integrated into CS dedicated server itself.

When I set up my CS:GO server back then you had to install MetaMod alongside with SourceMod, then you had to bind a key in game to sm_admin which ultimately brought up the admin menu on the left side of the screen when you where playing on the server.

Of course you had to specify the SteamIDs which are allowed to access the menu.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

This sentence is a bit weird... xD

I'll admit, I do enjoy killing my girlfriend.. Especially those games where you can push people by walking into them.. (I can't be trusted near a cliff) 😁

• Like 1

I am having an issue running any of these gameservers on my unraid server. None of these servers can be added in the favorites tab inside the steam server browser with ServerIP:QueryPort or are visible in the LAN tab. I tried Ark SA, RUST and Palworld. The only gameserver which appeared in the LAN tab was Ark SE. But I did not try to add to favorites. 

I didn't change anything in the docker templates and the servers started without any issues in the logs - as far as I know. One thing to mention: I was able to join the ASA server with the ingame command "open SERVERIP:PORT". 

Maybe someone who could help me? :) Maybe my problems are network related? My router is an AVM FritzBox.

Thank you in advance!

42 minutes ago, patrickme_ said:

I tried Ark SA, RUST and Palworld.

The first and the last game servers are based on Unreal Engine 5 and I'm actually not 100% sure if they expose themselves properly in the SteamServer Browser, you have to understand that only most Unreal Engine 4 games and surely all Source and Gold Source are usually exposed properly.

For RUST I'm not 100% sure if it exposes itself to Steam properly.

So in conclusion not all games will show up in the SteamServer Browser and especially not in the LAN tab and it is not even a requirement from Steam that the dedicated servers must show up in the SteamServer Browser.

45 minutes ago, patrickme_ said:

One thing to mention: I was able to join the ASA server with the ingame command "open SERVERIP:PORT".

Sure for each game it is different but usually you will be able to join to the in game server browser and join like that, if your NAT Reflection is working properly you should be also be able to see and also join from within your LAN <- if NAT reflection is not working properly you will be only able to join from outside your LAN with your public IP or the entry in the in game server list or from within your LAN with your internal IP.

Hope that makes sense.

On 4/8/2024 at 12:21 PM, ich777 said:

When I set up my CS:GO server back then you had to install MetaMod alongside with SourceMod, then you had to bind a key in game to sm_admin which ultimately brought up the admin menu on the left side of the screen when you where playing on the server.

This helped, thank you! SourceMod is (for now) replaced with CounterStrikeSharp (CSS). And for CSS, admin-plugins are existing. There are all running with mySQL DBs which is a bit over the top for my usecase, but we will see :)

• Like 1

Rust server with the Carbon Mod set to true starts up okay on initial start up.  If the container is shutdown for any reason and started again, it says the following.

image.png.0d95bfd45ba1187fe9ba3d7712b281ef.png

and sits idle.  I can confirm carbon is still installed on the server as well in my appdata folder at minimum so not sure what's missiing and why its stating its not found etc.  

image.png.9b66e6e341964c9ec4fad4f1fa5a7b8c.png

When trying to set up the minecraft server I ran the example:

docker run --name MinecraftBasicServer -d \ -p 25565:25565 -p 9011:8080 \ --env 'RUNTIME_NAME=basicjre' \ --env 'JAR_NAME=server' \ --env 'GAME_V=latest' \ --env 'GAME_PORT=25565' \ --env 'XMX_SIZE=1024' \ --env 'XMS_SIZE=1024' \ --env 'ACCEPT_EULA=true' \ --env 'UID=99' \ --env 'GID=100' \ --volume /mnt/user/appdata/minecraftbasicserver:/serverdata/serverfiles \ ich777/minecraftbasicserver

and I get this message in the logs:

---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Checking for 'runtime' folder---
---'runtime' folder found---
---Checking if Runtime is installed---
---Downloading and installing Basic Runtime---
---Something went wrong, can't download Runtime, putting server in sleep mode---

I am relatively new to all of this. Thank you in advance for any help!