[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

30 minutes ago, tabris0202 said:

Hi, @ich777 

I have created an Ark SE cluster with your docker and @Cyd's template and it works amazingly, most of the time. 

A while after I and my friends starts to play on the cluster, the server would disconnect all of us, and would disappear from the server browser. Whenever this happens, my home network gets messed up. Some services would still be usable (google, youtube) but most websites will not connect. For now the fix I found is to reset the DNS server in my router, after which everything will go back to normal and the Ark servers will be visible on the server browser again.

My guess is that the pings from the server browsers are overloading my modem/router, but I am not very experienced with networking.

Is there any way that I can stop my Ark servers from being pinged so much? Like setting the servers to be 'invisible' on the in-game server browser? As all my friends can join from IP directly, so I don't need them to be in the server browser.

Or, alternatively, is there any other reason that my servers are behaving like this? Any potential solutions?

System info just in case:

i9 10900k, 64GB DDR4, all servers are running on a Samsung 970 EVO SSD.
My home internet is Comcast gigabit ethernet with 1 Gig down and 35 Megabit up. Router/Modem is Nighthawk® DOCSIS® 3.1 3.2Gbps Two-in-one Cable Modem + WiFi Router. https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/modem-routers/c7800/

Thank you!

It's hard to tell if your router is being overloaded, unless you have a way to see it?
You could flash it with another firmware that could see it.

2 x 1.5 GHz isn't much really, but for a router, it should be able to handle it.

You need to find out if that's the issue. Or you can try to do a factory reset on your router as well.

18 minutes ago, Nanobug said:

It's hard to tell if your router is being overloaded, unless you have a way to see it?
You could flash it with another firmware that could see it.

2 x 1.5 GHz isn't much really, but for a router, it should be able to handle it.

You need to find out if that's the issue. Or you can try to do a factory reset on your router as well.

I will try to find out if the router is overloaded

I am trying to setup a TeamSpeak3 server using the docker and didn't know if anyone can help me with networking it. I can't get anyone outside of my local network to connect. This is a server that I have at my family's business, so for hardware we have the Comcast business gateway plugged into the cable for 2 phone lines and internet connection. From there we have a cradlepoint LTE fail over plugged into a LAN port on the gateway. After that we have a UniFI Dream Machine Pro for our local network (definitely more reliable than the Comcast crap) plugged in after the fail over so we have uninterrupted internet connection. We have 2 computers(one is a VM on the unraid server), the unraid server, and a printer on the 8 port switch on the UDM. The TS3 server is running on a docker on the unraid server, and I can connect to it using the TS3 client on either of the computers. I have port forwarded the correct ports within the ui for the UDM. Would either the cradlepoint fail over, or the Comcast business gateway mess with incoming connections? Unfortunately I don't have access to the cradlepoint and plan on replacing it eventually, but I might be able to access the Comcast business gateway if i directly connect to it through the default gateway. Thanks for any help!

24 minutes ago, Minimushroomman said:

I am trying to setup a TeamSpeak3 server using the docker and didn't know if anyone can help me with networking it. I can't get anyone outside of my local network to connect. This is a server that I have at my family's business, so for hardware we have the Comcast business gateway plugged into the cable for 2 phone lines and internet connection. From there we have a cradlepoint LTE fail over plugged into a LAN port on the gateway. After that we have a UniFI Dream Machine Pro for our local network (definitely more reliable than the Comcast crap) plugged in after the fail over so we have uninterrupted internet connection. We have 2 computers(one is a VM on the unraid server), the unraid server, and a printer on the 8 port switch on the UDM. The TS3 server is running on a docker on the unraid server, and I can connect to it using the TS3 client on either of the computers. I have port forwarded the correct ports within the ui for the UDM. Would either the cradlepoint fail over, or the Comcast business gateway mess with incoming connections? Unfortunately I don't have access to the cradlepoint and plan on replacing it eventually, but I might be able to access the Comcast business gateway if i directly connect to it through the default gateway. Thanks for any help!

Forward these ports to your TeamSpeak server:
Voice: UDP 9987
Filetransfer: TCP 30033

Optional:
ServerQuery (raw): TCP 10011
ServerQuery (SSH): 10022
WebQuery (HTTP): TCP 10080
WebQuery (HTTPS): TCP 10443
TSDNS: TCP 41144

From TeamSpeak self

Edited by Nanobug
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Nanobug said:

Forward these ports to your TeamSpeak server:
Voice: UDP 9987
Filetransfer: TCP 30033

Optional:
ServerQuery (raw): TCP 10011
ServerQuery (SSH): 10022
WebQuery (HTTP): TCP 10080
WebQuery (HTTPS): TCP 10443
TSDNS: TCP 41144

From TeamSpeak self

This is what I have forwarded

Screenshot_2021-03-25 UniFi Network.png

I've updated to all the optional ports to be safe now as well.

1124895364_Screenshot_2021-03-25RussellsNetwork-UniFiNetwork.png.ad15b54091ab78638cbc30be63f3ce2c.png

This is what the docker looks like for ports.1342062254_Screenshot_2021-03-25russellspetsDocker.png.c6284a15b52e2cb95cb6b71ab80fda1d.png

Would changing the network to host fix?

Edited by Minimushroomman
Updated Info

I seem to be getting an incompatible version error when connecting.

Most of the posts on here involved restoring from backup, but this is a brand new server.  I have even deleted the "worlds" folder so it recreates it.

I do have 'validate' enabled to make sure the files are correct.  Ports are forwarded, the server shows up on the main list.

I've attached the logs.  

Edit:  Ignore this.  I had "valheim plus" enabled in the settings.  Once I disabled it, I could connect to the server again.  

ValheimLogs.txt

Edited by ShadeZeRO
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Minimushroomman said:

That looks correct to me.

I think starting over with the TS3 server might help. Sometimes you make a mistake the first time you set it up, and it works the second time.
That, or go over every setting slowly.

20 hours ago, tabris0202 said:

I will try to find out if the router is overloaded

@tabris0202 You seem to have narrowed down the problem to DNS, Yes? perhaps try using a public DNS rather than your ISPs?

It is unlikely that any query requests coming from outside are "overloading" your router, the traffic generated by those requests fall into the negligible category. You (or your ISP) may have firewall or IDS/IPS that are tripping but we do not have the information to diagnose the case.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you connect to the server? What is not working?

If you change it to host it wouldn't change much.

I run two TS3 servers on my server and got no problems whatsoever.

The issue is connections externally. If I'm using a computer within the local network at work, it works, but I can't connect to it from my house and neither can any of my friends.

18 hours ago, Minimushroomman said:

This is the network setup at my business, I'm not sure whats causing the issues, and I'm pretty sure the server is working as intended.

24 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you really sure that you forwarded all ports with the right protocol?

This is what I'm working with.

18 hours ago, Minimushroomman said:

This is what I have forwarded

Screenshot_2021-03-25 UniFi Network.png

I've updated to all the optional ports to be safe now as well.

1124895364_Screenshot_2021-03-25RussellsNetwork-UniFiNetwork.png.ad15b54091ab78638cbc30be63f3ce2c.png

This is what the docker looks like for ports.1342062254_Screenshot_2021-03-25russellspetsDocker.png.c6284a15b52e2cb95cb6b71ab80fda1d.png

Would there be an issue where I have to connect to the Comcast business gateway and forward ports from there to my router? My router should be routing the ports directly to my unraid server. Is there a way to tell if the connections are going through?

**FIXED**

1 hour ago, Minimushroomman said:

This is what I'm working with.

Would there be an issue where I have to connect to the Comcast business gateway and forward ports from there to my router? My router should be routing the ports directly to my unraid server. Is there a way to tell if the connections are going through?

I had to log into my Comcast modem/router and forward the ports from there to my Ubiquiti router. From there I forward the ports to my Unraid server, and finally to the docker. I had to log into the Comcast gateway from my phone, and just cut out the LTE fail over, but its working!

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Symon said:

Do we somewhere have an overview what has been implemented / changed in the Valheim docker and what Valheim + Version is currently installed in the docker image?

I don't understand...

The container checks on every start/restart if there is a newer version of the game itself and when enabled of Valheim+ is available and downloads it, please open the log from the container and scroll a little up and you will see which version of Valheim+ is installed.

EDIT: I implemented an automatic backup function and also an update check function for the game if you have both enabled (by default the backup function will take backups every 61 minutes and keep the last 24 of them and the update check will restart the container if a newer version is found, this check is executed every 60 minutes).

19 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don't understand...

The container checks on every start/restart if there is a newer version of the game itself and when enabled of Valheim+ is available and downloads it, please open the log from the container and scroll a little up and you will see which version of Valheim+ is installed.

EDIT: I implemented an automatic backup function and also an update check function for the game if you have both enabled (by default the backup function will take backups every 61 minutes and keep the last 24 of them and the update check will restart the container if a newer version is found, this check is executed every 60 minutes).

No I mean if you have somewhere a change overview for the container (when you do an update) outside of this thread.

Valheim plus always overwrites the config so I need to adjust it every time. I started to update Valheim plus manually due to this issue..

It just would be nice to know what has been changed and if I need to take anything into consideration before I update the docker ..

27 minutes ago, Symon said:

It just would be nice to know what has been changed and if I need to take anything into consideration before I update the docker ..

This should be fixed now, also it would be nice if you tell me things like that next time so I can actually fix it.

No, no changelog whatsoever.

Valheim is one of the few containers where I did custom things like Valheim Plus or BepInEx, the Backup and the Update because this game is such a pretty alpha state.

Normally I don't need a changelog because I only keep the containers running.

The next time the developers of Valheim Plus change anything that breaks the function of the container I will drop it because it's not worth the effort for me to keep it runing with Valheim Plus, the most updates where bacause of Valheim Plus...

8 minutes ago, BTPBen said:

Would it be possible to create an Empyrion - Galactic Survival Docker?  

Here is a link to someone who built one using WINE: https://github.com/BitR/empyrion-docker

This was already asked a few times but I don't do gameservers for games that I don't own anymore because I simply can't troubleshoot anything.

Also I think the devs from the game itself said that they will release a native Linux server version.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

This should be fixed now, also it would be nice if you tell me things like that next time so I can actually fix it.

No, no changelog whatsoever.

Valheim is one of the few containers where I did custom things like Valheim Plus or BepInEx, the Backup and the Update because this game is such a pretty alpha state.

Normally I don't need a changelog because I only keep the containers running.

The next time the developers of Valheim Plus change anything that breaks the function of the container I will drop it because it's not worth the effort for me to keep it runing with Valheim Plus, the most updates where bacause of Valheim Plus...

Yeah, in my opinion its best if you remove Valheim Plus from the docker..

It's easier to copy it manually into the file structure after adjusting the config (needs to be done with every update).

They also have to update it quite frequently as there are many bugs with Valheim Plus as well :) 

Thanks for the backup thought, you saved us a lot of trouble when I misconfigured the Valheim Plus config file! 😂 

Is there an installation instruction for the Ark docker? we finished Valheim more or less and want to try out Ark next :)

25 minutes ago, Symon said:

Is there an installation instruction for the Ark docker? we finished Valheim more or less and want to try out Ark next :)

I would start with Ich777s ARK container, then when you catch the addiction look at my instructions for spinning up a cluster.

• Like 2
On 3/12/2021 at 12:40 PM, ich777 said:

Is this something for WoW?

I will look into this but basically it should be possible.

Have you restarted the container once? The permissions should be set on the start of the container.

Also make sure that you stopped the container before trying to remove the runtime folder.

Otherwise you can delete it from the command line.

Hey man, have you had a chance to take a look at this problem? (Datapacks in minecraft)

It still occurs for me.