Jump to content
ich777

[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2119 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Is there an easy way to enable ssh into these containers or have a persistent password for the user/su

It would be helpful for being able to manage some of the servers and push extra files without giving access to ssh into the unraid host or file share the containers directory

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, ShivalWolf said:

Is there an easy way to enable ssh into these containers or have a persistent password for the user/su

It would be helpful for being able to manage some of the servers and push extra files without giving access to ssh into the unraid host or file share the containers directory

This would be possible but i don't add it for security reasons. If you run anything inside the docker as root you can get easily acces to the host files and and more. This is because root inside the docker runs as the same UID as the host machine.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, SH4LT1S said:

I checked the folder, it is inside. Did not change name. 

No problem here, Screenshot of first start:

grafik.png.f7451fbf0b6d84e2437d0e3e73541558.png

 

Screenshot after accepting EULA:

grafik.png.95bf4a6d32ec6170109d11add27d73cd.png

 

Screenshot from Docker page:

grafik.thumb.png.3e38dfa5d5166771b896f88ba1e599a5.png

 

Please post a screenshot, this error means that the server can't find the java executable. Change you something else? Without more info troubleshooting is really difficult.

 

Did you use a Mac and copied something to the server directory from a zip file or somithing like that?

Edited by ich777

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, SH4LT1S said:

How do I delete everything and start over? 

1. Delete the docker.

2. Go to your appdata folder and delete the corresponding 'minecraft' folder.

Share this post


Link to post

well it works now, probably good old "have you tried turning it off and on again?" helped...

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, SH4LT1S said:

OK. when I do screen -xS Minecraft  i get -bash: screen: command not found

Click on the Minecraft Docker icon and then on Console.

I think you clicked on the main unraid console.

Edited by ich777

Share this post


Link to post

so i have two questions i am hoping someone can answer.  im running the beautifully built rust container, all is good except where are the server configs held.. i want to try to add a custom map to the game but have had no luck and i want to get rcon working from web. but i have to change the config and can't find it anywhere.  anyhelp would be great thanks

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ceyoung75 said:

so i have two questions i am hoping someone can answer.  im running the beautifully built rust container, all is good except where are the server configs held.. i want to try to add a custom map to the game but have had no luck and i want to get rcon working from web. but i have to change the config and can't find it anywhere.  anyhelp would be great thanks

Eventually i've misconfigured something, i will look into it, can you tell me where the config is stored on a normal linux dedicated server?

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry since it looks like this has been asked a million times but I am having difficulty figuring it out... how do I access the console for the Factorio server? I get that you need to remote console into it, but how exactly do I go about that? Very sorry if this is some really basic stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Civrock said:

Sorry since it looks like this has been asked a million times but I am having difficulty figuring it out... how do I access the console for the Factorio server? I get that you need to remote console into it, but how exactly do I go about that? Very sorry if this is some really basic stuff.

Left click on your Docker and choose Console.

 

Don't forget to exit out of the console when you're done, or the connection will remain open inside the Docker.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, bubo said:

Left click on your Docker and choose Console.

 

Don't forget to exit out of the console when you're done, or the connection will remain open inside the Docker.

Man, this is embarrassing. Where do I go from there? I typed help to see what commands are available and there is nothing like what the server should have available. If I am not mistaken, which I just may be, that is the console for the docker and not the "in game" console? I am trying to promote users to admin since the server settings are not working in regards to admins.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Civrock said:

Man, this is embarrassing. Where do I go from there? I typed help to see what commands are available and there is nothing like what the server should have available. If I am not mistaken, which I just may be, that is the console for the docker and not the "in game" console? I am trying to promote users to admin since the server settings are not working in regards to admins.

Since this is not my docker (i only made the template for unraid) i can't really answer that question but you can open a github issue...

*click*

(There is also a discription how to use the config files)

 

Btw the server configuration should work because i got also a server running and there is no problem with the admins...

 

Edit: sorry i've overlooked that you want the ingame console... :P

Look at the control settings (key bindings or mapping) inside the game in the options menu.

Edited by ich777

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Civrock said:

Man, this is embarrassing. Where do I go from there? I typed help to see what commands are available and there is nothing like what the server should have available. If I am not mistaken, which I just may be, that is the console for the docker and not the "in game" console? I am trying to promote users to admin since the server settings are not working in regards to admins.

You are correct, this is the Docker console.

 

The In Game Console is a question you should ask in a forum about the game itself, as it is specific to the game.  I am familiar with the 7 Days to Die software and the ARK software, but I've never played Factorio so I don't know how to access it's In Game Console.

 

Generally, though, it's an unmapped key like Tab or Esc, or one of the Function keys.

Edited by bubo

Share this post


Link to post

Hey guys, I've been loving the Terraria + TShock docker a lot, but have wanted to try installing some mods on it. That being said, NONE of the steps I've found seem possible to install the mods on the docker. If someone has some help on this, or if there's a docker that allows easier installation of mods, let me know! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

First, awesome job on the "MinecraftBedrockEdition" container, it's been working great.  I do have a question on updates.  Since the latest server version is 1.12.0.28, I updated the "Game Version:" parameter to match, but it cannot pull the zip file.  It does try per the logs but once it cannot find it, the container defaults back to 1.11.4.2 giving a server mismatch with the client.  Do I need to take additional steps here?  Any advice?  TIA!

Clipboard01.png.b1a0e1e0f0ee46c1e8865304eeecf83d.png

Share this post


Link to post

Hey everyone, So I've been loving your SteamCMD containers, I've been using the Colony Survival one mainly, only problem I've had with it though is that it doesn't shutdown the server properly when stopping the container and so it doesn't save the world and can corrupt the save file. I did a bit of digging and theirs no save command to force the server to save, so you'd need to probably modify the way it runs the colony survival so that it can shutdown the server properly.

Keep up the great work!

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry for the late answer but in the summer time months i have really little spare time for the dockers.

 

On 7/12/2019 at 2:04 PM, TheMotherGoose said:

Hey guys, I've been loving the Terraria + TShock docker a lot, but have wanted to try installing some mods on it. That being said, NONE of the steps I've found seem possible to install the mods on the docker. If someone has some help on this, or if there's a docker that allows easier installation of mods, let me know! Thanks!

Eventually @TeeNoodle can help?

 

On 7/13/2019 at 3:17 PM, Quantum73 said:

First, awesome job on the "MinecraftBedrockEdition" container, it's been working great.  I do have a question on updates.  Since the latest server version is 1.12.0.28, I updated the "Game Version:" parameter to match, but it cannot pull the zip file.  It does try per the logs but once it cannot find it, the container defaults back to 1.11.4.2 giving a server mismatch with the client.  Do I need to take additional steps here?  Any advice?  TIA!

I will look into this as soon as possible please give me a few days.

 

On 7/13/2019 at 4:54 PM, Spectral Force said:

Ich, didn't you use to have a DayZ docker? 

No, i've never made a DayZ docker.

 

22 hours ago, deanosim said:

Hey everyone, So I've been loving your SteamCMD containers, I've been using the Colony Survival one mainly, only problem I've had with it though is that it doesn't shutdown the server properly when stopping the container and so it doesn't save the world and can corrupt the save file. I did a bit of digging and theirs no save command to force the server to save, so you'd need to probably modify the way it runs the colony survival so that it can shutdown the server properly.

Keep up the great work!

I will also look into this, as said above give me a few days.

 

9 hours ago, killerbad21 said:

trying to do a FiveM Server and keep getting

This was also posted a week bevore, this is because they put a Captcha on the site and the docker can't solve it, i will make something different. Can you please tell me where to contact the devs? I would like to host a version on my github.

Share this post


Link to post

@ich777 think the only way to talk to them is on here https://forum.fivem.net/c/technical-support but they do also have all the stuff on github if you can find a way to pull from that. https://github.com/citizenfx/fivem/releases

 

Edit: Also Here how they say to install if for Linux https://forum.fivem.net/t/fx-server-tutorial-how-to-setup-fx-server-on-linux-from-start-to-finish/37156

Edited by killerbad21

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, killerbad21 said:

That's not the problem, the problem is that they added a Captcha bevor you download the server tar.xz file and that's why the docker wouldn't start, bevor the added the Captcha everything works just fine.

So i need to host it on my own or another way would be that you download the docker once on your unraid server place the manually downloaded server tar.xz in your serverfolder, restart the unraid docker and let it's magic (but that's only a possible solution since now it's configured to download the server from the provided URL without Captcha).

2 hours ago, killerbad21 said:

Also this is not the same release as you download from their server.

 

 

Edit: Wrote a mail to the dev's hope the answer soon.

Edited by ich777
contacted dev's

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ich777 said:

That's not the problem, the problem is that they added a Captcha bevor you download the server tar.xz file and that's why the docker wouldn't start, bevor the added the Captcha everything works just fine.

So i need to host it on my own or another way would be that you download the docker once on your unraid server place the manually downloaded server tar.xz in your serverfolder, restart the unraid docker and let it's magic (but that's only a possible solution since now it's configured to download the server from the provided URL without Captcha).

Also this is not the same release as you download from their server.

 

 

Edit: Wrote a mail to the dev's hope the answer soon.

well i cheated i used the webterminal and worked fine. just sucks i had to do that.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Is it possible to give more cores to the minecraft server?

Edited by SH4LT1S

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.