[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Paging @bubo or @Jo7410. Hoping you guys can help, if not @ich777...

For the Ark dockers, I can't seem to get clusters working properly, or at least not cross-ark travel. Every time I use an obelisk to test survivor transfer it asks me to create a new character on the Ark I'm traveling to, and doesn't let me download my existing survivor. Here are my settings, maybe someone can verify I'm not doing anything wrong? Suggest something I may have missed?

• First of all, both servers are fully-accessible to the Internet.
  • I have a path variable for Clusterfiles set to /serverdata/clusterfiles pointing to the same folder (/mnt/disks/SamsungSSD_1TB/ark-se/clusterfiles/) on both servers.
  • The Clusterfiles folder sits outside of the two server folders (mnt/disks/SamsungSSD_1TB/ark-se/theisland/ and mnt/disks/SamsungSSD_1TB/ark-se/thecenter/ respectively)
  • Game Parameters:
Server 1: ?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=27020?MaxPlayers=25?AltSaveDirectoryName=TheIsland
Server 2: ?Port=7779?QueryPort=27025?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=27030?MaxPlayers=25?AltSaveDirectoryName=TheCenter
  • Extra Game Parameters (both servers):

-NoBattlEye -server -log -clusterid=clusterwtf -ClusterDirOverride=/serverdata/clusterfiles -NoTransferFromFiltering
  • gameusersettings.ini relevant lines (both servers):

PreventDownloadSurvivors=False
PreventDownloadItems=False
PreventDownloadDinos=False
PreventUploadSurvivors=False
PreventUploadItems=False
PreventUploadDinos=False

17 minutes ago, ridge said:

Paging @bubo or @Jo7410. Hoping you guys can help, if not @ich777...

For the Ark dockers, I can't seem to get clusters working properly, or at least not cross-ark travel. Every time I use an obelisk to test survivor transfer it asks me to create a new character on the Ark I'm traveling to, and doesn't let me download my existing survivor. Here are my settings, maybe someone can verify I'm not doing anything wrong? Suggest something I may have missed?

• First of all, both servers are fully-accessible to the Internet.
  • I have a path variable for Clusterfiles set to /serverdata/clusterfiles pointing to the same folder (/mnt/disks/SamsungSSD_1TB/ark-se/clusterfiles/) on both servers.
  • The Clusterfiles folder sits outside of the two server folders (mnt/disks/SamsungSSD_1TB/ark-se/theisland/ and mnt/disks/SamsungSSD_1TB/ark-se/thecenter/ respectively)
  • Game Parameters:

Server 1: ?Port=7777?QueryPort=27015?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=27020?MaxPlayers=25?AltSaveDirectoryName=TheIsland
Server 2: ?Port=7779?QueryPort=27025?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=27030?MaxPlayers=25?AltSaveDirectoryName=TheCenter
  • Extra Game Parameters (both servers):

-NoBattlEye -server -log -clusterid=clusterwtf -ClusterDirOverride=/serverdata/clusterfiles -NoTransferFromFiltering
  • gameusersettings.ini relevant lines (both servers):

PreventDownloadSurvivors=False
PreventDownloadItems=False
PreventDownloadDinos=False
PreventUploadSurvivors=False
PreventUploadItems=False
PreventUploadDinos=False

Two things to check on:

1.  Are there profile files located in /mnt/disks/SamsungSSD_1TB/ark-se/clusterfiles/clusters/clusterwtf/ ?

If there are file located in that folder, then we know that the original ARK is exporting the character correctly.

2.  Is noTributeDownloads=False in your gameusersettings.ini config?

I've had some back and forth with other admins with the issue you described, and we arrived at combining noTributeDownloads=False with -noTransferfromFiltering to resolve CrossARK transfer issues in the Docker while still protecting from external uploads.

On a side note, I still intend to write a guide.  I've drastically changed my Docker template to reduce the number of duplicate files between the map instances (went from 64GB to 13GB with 5 map instances).  @ich777 has agreed to review my current templates to ensure I haven't royally messed something up, and then determine what can be safely brought into the public template.  Unfortunately, during the summer @ich777 is rather busy, so it will take some time for this. My guide will come after this review.

Edited by bubo
Corrected where I Copy/Pasted the wrong directory for clusterfiles in question 1.
3 minutes ago, bubo said:

Two things to check on:

1.  Are there profile files located in /serverdata/clusterfiles/clusters/clusterwtf/ ?

If there are file located in that folder, then we know that the original ARK is exporting the character correctly.

2.  Is noTributeDownloads=False in your gameusersettings.ini config?

I've had some back and forth with other admins with the issue you described, and we arrived at combining noTributeDownloads=False with -noTransferfromFiltering to resolve CrossARK transfer issues in the Docker while still protecting from external uploads. 

1. The clusterwtf folder has been created, but there are no files in it
  2. NoTributeDownloads=False is in gameusersettings.ini

13 minutes ago, ridge said:
  1. The clusterwtf folder has been created, but there are no files in it
  2. NoTributeDownloads=False is in gameusersettings.ini

OK, the lack of files in the clusterwtf folder indicates that the character is not being exported from the original ARK for some reason.  Do you mind sending me your XML files for the Docker templates via a private message?  You'll find it in your unRaid flash drive, in the /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user folder (you'll need to connect via something like WinSCP or change the file sharing status of that drive to access it - don't forget to change it back if you change share permissions)

I'll be away for a bit, but should be back in a couple of hours.

Edited by bubo
1 hour ago, bubo said:

@ridge and I communicated through messages.  His ARK issue appears to be resolved now.

It is, and to close the loop for anyone else who might have a similar issue in the future: I had an invisible character in my path string. A unicode string for a zero-width non-breaking space:

...that I somehow managed to get into the field through copy/pasting the path from this forum (which goes to show you should be very careful when copy/pasting from the web). You'd never know the unicode was there by looking at the path in the web panel - it was only by checking the XML files themselves that I was able to see the problem. Deleted the stray unicode, deleted the clusterfiles folder, restarted the dockers, and they recreated the clusterfiles folder with a valid path, and everything worked!

If @bubo hadn't requested to see the XML files, I never would have spotted the problem. Thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the work on the dockers! Just getting my first Unraid server setup and trying to get the Minecraft one all set. I was wondering though are the game server dockers safe to open to the outside internet so that my friends can join from their home?

I've tried following Spaceinvaders reverse proxy video to apply that to the MinecraftBasicServer docker but my friends are failing to connect from their home. Works great on LAN though directly connecting through the LAN IP!

Would greatly appreciate any advice!

Firstly, thanks ich777 for the server containers.

I'm having a bit of an issue with running the Colony Survival container. Colony Survival had a new update today so I downloaded a new image but the server doesn't seem to want to start.

This is what is in the log.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 82.00 (131087748 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 82.05 (131179993 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 83.30 (133173108 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 84.03 (134337943 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 85.95 (137403703 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 85.96 (137433589 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 88.52 (141525937 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 89.96 (143817503 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 90.97 (145441039 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 91.72 (146629380 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 92.29 (147550555 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 93.18 (148962177 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 94.08 (150401908 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 94.84 (151627362 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 98.51 (157492073 / 159871853)
Success! App '748090' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Checking for old logs---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Cannot open assembly 'colonyserverdedicated.exe': No such file or directory.

Did I miss a step? I'm not sure if something has changed due to the game update. How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks

17 minutes ago, Masterism said:

Firstly, thanks ich777 for the server containers.

I'm having a bit of an issue with running the Colony Survival container. Colony Survival had a new update today so I downloaded a new image but the server doesn't seem to want to start.

This is what is in the log.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 82.00 (131087748 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 82.05 (131179993 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 83.30 (133173108 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 84.03 (134337943 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 85.95 (137403703 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 85.96 (137433589 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 88.52 (141525937 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 89.96 (143817503 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 90.97 (145441039 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 91.72 (146629380 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 92.29 (147550555 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 93.18 (148962177 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 94.08 (150401908 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 94.84 (151627362 / 159871853)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 98.51 (157492073 / 159871853)
Success! App '748090' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Checking for old logs---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Cannot open assembly 'colonyserverdedicated.exe': No such file or directory.

Did I miss a step? I'm not sure if something has changed due to the game update. How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks

Hopefully @ich777 can look at this, but this summer has him short on time.

I don't play Colony Survival myself, but a quick look at today's update indicates that it was a significant overhaul including an upgrade from the 2017 Unity version to the 2019 Unity version.  Can you look in your directory to see if "colonyserverdedicated.exe" is present?  I suspect either corruption during the download, or it was renamed as part of the change to the 2019 Unity version.

17 hours ago, bubo said:

Hopefully @ich777 can look at this, but this summer has him short on time.

I don't play Colony Survival myself, but a quick look at today's update indicates that it was a significant overhaul including an upgrade from the 2017 Unity version to the 2019 Unity version.  Can you look in your directory to see if "colonyserverdedicated.exe" is present?  I suspect either corruption during the download, or it was renamed as part of the change to the 2019 Unity version.

There isn't a file with that name. These are the files that exist. 

colonyserver.x86_64*  colonyserverrcon.exe*      gamedata/  masterLog.0       steamapps/
colonyserver_Data/    colonyserverrcon.exe.mdb*  linux64/   steam_appid.txt*  steamclient.so*

1 hour ago, Masterism said:

There isn't a file with that name. These are the files that exist. 

colonyserver.x86_64*  colonyserverrcon.exe*      gamedata/  masterLog.0       steamapps/
colonyserver_Data/    colonyserverrcon.exe.mdb*  linux64/   steam_appid.txt*  steamclient.so*

OK, again I don't play this game so take my advice with caution. 

Linux64/ is a folder, so can you check inside there as well. If the colonyserverdedicated.exe file is not in there, then it looks like your download had an issue. Inside the Docker configuration there is a field for "Validate Installation". Type "true" in that field and it should check the files then attempt a new download. If that works, then don't forget to remove true afterwards or it will check every time the Docker starts. 

OK, I went ahead and installed the docker myself just to see what files are pulled.  My installation of the Colony Survival server also does not have the colonyserverdedicated.exe file.  I tried to find a file manifest, and according to SteamDB the new release does not have colonyserverdedicated.exe as part of the distro from Steam.

I'm not sure if colonyserverdedicated.exe is supposed to be generated out of the distro, or if the developers for Colony Survival have changed how the dedicated server is setup.  I did find that others are looking for instructions for 0.7.0 as seen on Reddit.  Again, I don't play this game so I can't say I'm correct, but I'm leaning towards a change from the developers of Colony Survival.  Can you check the Colony Survival community to see if anyone has had success with a 0.7.0 dedicated server?  We would need to know the command line they are using with 0.7.0 (and if their command line uses colonyserverdedicated.exe then ask if they can tell you what path it's supposed to be located at).

Once we can confirm how 0.7.0 is supposed to launch the server, then we'll have to wait for @ich777 to have time to rebuild the Docker to match it (assuming there is a new method other than colonyserverdedicated.exe).  Doing these checks for him should reduce the time/load needed to get it working.

I couldn't leave it alone, so I hopped into the official Discord for Colony Survival.  I found that the new launch file is colonyserver.x86_64 so we will need for @ich777 to adjust the script inside the Docker to point there.

ColonySurvival.0.7.0.png.5145e821a207df60f971a4f44e04b83e.png

Edited by bubo
  • Like 1

Hi

My ARK docker container doesnt seem to start the server. not sure what i can changed. cnay anyone help?

here is the log

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110
---Update SteamCMD---
WARNING: setlocale('en_US.UTF-8') failed, using locale: 'C'. International characters may not work.
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.
Logging in user 'foxybingo1787' to Steam Public ...
Logged in OK
---Update Server---
WARNING: setlocale('en_US.UTF-8') failed, using locale: 'C'. International characters may not work.
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.
Logging in user 'foxybingo1787' to Steam Public ...
Logged in OK
Error! App '376030' state is 0x204 after update job.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

3 hours ago, dfox1787 said:

Hi

My ARK docker container doesnt seem to start the server. not sure what i can changed. cnay anyone help?

It looks like your installation is not succeeding at downloading the files for the server.  Some quick questions:

1.  Has this server ever been operational, or is it a new install?

2.  Are there any files in the ark-se directory?

3.  How long has it been having this error during the download?

Looking up the states listed here doesn't show the exact codes you are getting, but the family of errors you are seeing seem to be related to either a Steam issue or a connection to Steam issue.  If this just started, then I'd try again in a few hours.

Totally new to unRAID and running a server..    picked up a cheap poweredge 2950 and am having a blast!  that said..  I gotta try and figure out some stuff..  I got 7d2d up and running instantly..  even modded the exp rate and range :)       rust seems to be a thing i need to read more about..  i can log into it locally..  friends can connect to it off of me but it does not show up in the server lists..    

what I really came here for was to ask for a docker for Hurtworld..      ideally one with oxide in it :)    pretty please!!  

after uninstalling CSGO I keep getting this every 10 seconds

Jul 30 23:16:03 TOWER nginx: 2019/07/30 23:16:02 [crit] 20037#20037: *579 connect() to unix:/var/tmp/CSGO.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.173.1, server: , request: "GET /dockerterminal/CSGO/ws HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://unix:/var/tmp/CSGO.sock:/ws", host: "TOWER.local"