[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

Just now, cybrnook said:

Then at this point I'd say let's wait and see what @ich777 comes back with. From my side it seems to be working, and it worked for you yesterday, so I am unsure at this point if there is something else that we are missing.

Sounds good. As long as the backup is running, I'm good. It's just an issue to puzzle over. 🙂 

Thanks for all the help, everyone!

5 hours ago, Mattaton said:

Sounds good. As long as the backup is running, I'm good. It's just an issue to puzzle over. 🙂 

Thanks for all the help, everyone!

Just want to throw out that I have tested with and without "root" mode, and when I schedule my cron I have tested with and without "console" mode. Both options are working for me with the .profile workaround.

I just tested at 4:25 PM EST (which is 16:25 in LuckyBackup) and it worked fine, nonroot and not in console mode:

image.thumb.png.581cce41ed5d2d7a7d5aff1b12c33e42.png

image.thumb.png.9a9ac751d9656b8070081df76edddf18.png

Make sure you're not doing something silly when making the schedule like forgetting that lucky is a 24 hour clock and not a 12 hour clock. So, 5:00 PM for example is 17:00.

Edited by cybrnook
1 hour ago, cybrnook said:

Just want to throw out that I have tested with and without "root" mode, and when I schedule my cron I have tested with and without "console" mode. Both options are working for me with the .profile workaround.

I just tested at 4:25 PM EST (which is 16:25 in LuckyBackup) and it worked fine, nonroot and not in console mode:

image.thumb.png.581cce41ed5d2d7a7d5aff1b12c33e42.png

image.thumb.png.9a9ac751d9656b8070081df76edddf18.png

Make sure you're not doing something silly when making the schedule like forgetting that lucky is a 24 hour clock and not a 12 hour clock. So, 5:00 PM for example is 17:00.

Yeah, I knew it was 24 hour. So when I tried yesterday I added 12 to the PM hours. 🙂

But running it this morning I didn't need to since it was all AM times.

When I first started trying to get the schedule to work, it wouldn't run at all. Someone suggested I turn on Console Mode and then it worked. So I thought I had to have that on. But you're getting it to work without. I have no clue what I'm doing. 😄 

• Haha 1

Upon some checking it seems you have no previous tags to revert back to an older version.

Currently on the latest 115.6 and want to go back to prior to 115 for plugin support.

What's the recommended way to do this with your docker.

52 minutes ago, ados said:

Upon some checking it seems you have no previous tags to revert back to an older version.

Exactly, the application inside the container updates itself.

55 minutes ago, ados said:

What's the recommended way to do this with your docker.

Not possible in my container, at least not easily since it's not designed to also downgrade. Just a quick warning you could run into serious issues downgrading from the "new" Supernova to something lower than v115, I tested that and lost many Mails in the downgrade process.

BTW, I assume you are talking about Thunderbird.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Exactly, the application inside the container updates itself.

Not possible in my container, at least not easily since it's not designed to also downgrade. Just a quick warning you could run into serious issues downgrading from the "new" Supernova to something lower than v115, I tested that and lost many Mails in the downgrade process.

BTW, I assume you are talking about Thunderbird.

Thanks for letting me know.
I was wanting to use the Full Address Column plugin for TB.
Somehow after 20 years TB still doesn't have a feature to show the FROM address always.
How a security based email app doesn't have this is crazy.
The plugin doesn't work from 115, guess I will have to wait.

Here is the feature request: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=243258

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jotube said:

Does anyone else have the problem that no new versions of Sonarr can be loaded?

From what I can see you are using the nightly branch correct?

Seems like Sonarr nightly is already on 4.0.0.836 but their download server is behind from what I can see since the latest version available there is 4.0.0.752

Have you yet switched to latest and see if that solves your issue?

EDIT: I've pushed an update to the container, please update the container itself on the Docker page by forcing an update. Both latest and nightly are fixed.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ich777 said:

From what I can see you are using the nightly branch correct?

Seems like Sonarr nightly is already on 4.0.0.836 but their download server is behind from what I can see since the latest version available there is 4.0.0.752

Have you yet switched to latest and see if that solves your issue?

EDIT: I've pushed an update to the container, please update the container itself on the Docker page by forcing an update. Both latest and nightly are fixed.

Now it works again, thanks for the quick support!

• Like 1

I would like to set the noVNC timeout for Firebird, the time before it disconnects you.
I usually have the tab open jumping between tabs and it has a short fuse.
Is there a docker variable to set an override time?

I believe there is an issue with your ich777/planetaryannihilationserver build.

Consistently getting the below log.  However I did see a patch 6 months ago for papatcher for the certificate that has not been merged. Perhaps the connection is failing causing this error.

Going to pull that patch from the GitHub pull request and see outside of this container.

---Preparing Server---
---Starting Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 74: cd: /serverdata/serverfiles/stable: No such file or directory
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 75: /serverdata/serverfiles/stable/server: No such file or directory
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Checking for 'papatcher.go'---
---Installing PA 'stable'---
stat papatcher.go: no such file or directory
---Preparing Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 74: cd: /serverdata/serverfiles/stable: No such file or directory
---Starting Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 75: /serverdata/serverfiles/stable/server: No such file or directory
---Starting...---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting Server---
---Starting...---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting Server---
---Starting...---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting Server---
---Starting...---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting Server---
---Starting...---
---Preparing Server---
---Starting Server---

7 hours ago, ados said:

I would like to set the noVNC timeout for Firebird, the time before it disconnects you.

By default it shouldn't disconnect you at all.

What browser are you using? Is it possible that you are using a Chrome based browser? Chrome is notorious for closing tabs or at least put them to sleep and that's what might cause this.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry, I forgot to deprecate that container. I don't longer maintain it.

Got it, I did get it working by using steamcmd to download the files but using your image as the runtime.  If I can figure out a slick way to do this I will try to publish an image.

Non anon logins with steamcmd make it painful. Looks like you have the ffmpeg libsm6 libxext6 dependency on your image.

Do you happen to have a GitHub for the PA files ? I can fork it.

Edited by obiwantoby

Hello

My lucky backup shedule still not working even though I set it up everything as above

Run as root user: true

Console mode: Yes

I want make backup everyday after reboot then i select @ reboot delay 5 minutes as well

What is wrong 

i try set correct time to make backup and still not working

My time zone is shifted relative to luckybackup by an hour (LB shows +1h, unraid show correct time) but I don't know how to change it

Sorry for my english :)

On 1/17/2024 at 3:59 AM, ich777 said:

By default it shouldn't disconnect you at all.

What browser are you using? Is it possible that you are using a Chrome based browser? Chrome is notorious for closing tabs or at least put them to sleep and that's what might cause this.

Vivaldi which is Chromium like 98% of things.
There is not settings putting it to sleep etc. Would say it kicks me back to the noVNC connect button in a few minutes.
This is even when the tab is active and you don't interact with it.

2 hours ago, ados said:

There is not settings putting it to sleep etc. Would say it kicks me back to the noVNC connect button in a few minutes.

I don't have this issue on Firefox at all, are you sure that you are using my container?

35 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don't have this issue on Firefox at all, are you sure that you are using my container?

1000% your container.
I also found the problem, WebSocket.

After a few minutes of inactivity (i.e. not clicking on anything) the WebSocket is closed.

I have no such settings in NGINX for this but I found a workaround.

In the noVNC setting is WebSocket automatic reconnect

image.png.3cb2a598211b2e9521415b92319ead8d.png

The default is no tick and 5000.

Once I set that and watched it time out it counted to 5 seconds and then connected.

Guess you could set it to 1 if you really wanted.

4 minutes ago, ados said:

1000% your container.

Okay, just asking. :)

4 minutes ago, ados said:

I also found the problem, WebSocket.

Can't confirm this over here, mine looks like that:

grafik.png.b97b71c8d2e1c3a6fc4335a25a9b0d89.png

As said, on Firefox I can leave the tab in the foreground, background whatever without moving the cursor or interacting with the window at all and it won't disconnect.

My suspicion is still Vivaldi or some energy saving feature that they might have built into their browser.

7 minutes ago, ados said:

I have no such settings in NGINX for this but I found a workaround.

Wait, are we talking about a connection in your local LAN or do you forward it through a reverse proxy?

Have you seen my example what to forward when using a proxy what to forward in niginx here?

On 1/16/2024 at 11:56 AM, ados said:

Firebird

I think you mean Thunderbird correct?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Okay, just asking. :)

Can't confirm this over here, mine looks like that:

grafik.png.b97b71c8d2e1c3a6fc4335a25a9b0d89.png

As said, on Firefox I can leave the tab in the foreground, background whatever without moving the cursor or interacting with the window at all and it won't disconnect.

My suspicion is still Vivaldi or some energy saving feature that they might have built into their browser.

Wait, are we talking about a connection in your local LAN or do you forward it through a reverse proxy?

Have you seen my example what to forward when using a proxy what to forward in niginx here?

I think you mean Thunderbird correct?

I was just being dramatic on the percentage, appreciate the help.

Yeah through a proxy.

Thanks for the config I will take a look. 👍

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mavaros82 said:

I try schedule with a time as well but nothings happen. LB doesn't run 

Can you please share a bit more details and screenshots?

Without anything I can't say anything. :D

Have you considered the time difference that you've mentioned (haven't got time to investigate that).

How have you set up the schedule? Does the backup job actually run if you execute it manually? Did you actually check if the files where transferred or not? You have to restart the container to see the completed tasks <- this is due to luckyBackup never was designed to run in a Docker container.

On 1/16/2024 at 12:57 PM, ich777 said:

Sorry, I forgot to deprecate that container. I don't longer maintain it.

IF anyone else wants to ever play Planetary Annihilation and needs a container, this is my take on that setup.

Note it requires a non anon steam login which makes setup slightly trickier. 

https://hub.docker.com/r/obiwantoby/pa-dedicated-server

Edited by obiwantoby
  • Thanks 1