[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

Hi,

when using pushbits for notifications for UNRAID, in Element it shows pushbits messages as unencrypted (as seen in the picture). Is it safe to use this over the internet or can this push messages be snooped out?

Edit: matrix server is self hosted with a postgres15 db, URL of the matrix server has a SSL certificate

Edit2: encryption for the room is enabled, pushbits user is verified

Best regards

Screenshot 2023-08-14 124827.png

Edited by davidudl
22 minutes ago, davidudl said:

when using pushbits for notifications for UNRAID, in Element it shows pushbits messages as unencrypted (as seen in the picture). Is it safe to use this over the internet or can this push messages be snooped out?

This is E2E encryption, the message is definitely encrypted but not E2E encrypted. Hope that makes sense.

You actually send the message through https:// and that encrypts the message by default, then it is encrypted from Elements and sent out with encryption but as said not E2E encryption.

So it is basically safe, hope that makes sense to you.

Anyways, you can actually read more about that here.

• Thanks 1

I have some Problems regarding Pushbits and the Jellyfin webhook plugin. I understand that I can use the gotify option in the webhook plugin, but I can't get it to work for some reason. For Server URL, I use my internal Jellyfin IP, for Webhook URL I use the Host IP of the PushBits container. A application for the token for Jellyfin was made with pbcli, i put the token into field. I used this template.

14 minutes ago, davidudl said:

Jellyfin webhook plugin.

TBH I really don't know that plugin but after a short search I find this: Click

15 minutes ago, davidudl said:

I understand that I can use the gotify option in the webhook plugin, but I can't get it to work for some reason.

I'm not too sure how this is working since I've never used a Webhook for that but usually there are plugins out there for such things.
For example for Emby there is a plugin out there which supports Gotify which in theory should also support Jellyfin: Click

It looks like this on Emby for me:

grafik.png.88929d3ad99bcf2620c831b1b868f8ac.png

Maybe someone also created a plugin for Jellyfin for Gotify?

I am having an issue with Open-VPN.

Out of the blue I started getting the errors below.

I checked the VPN credentials and configuration file and nothing has changed.  The only thing I have done recently on my unraid server is add a second cache drive.  I did move appdata to this new cache drive so not sure if this created the issue?  Haven't seen issues with any other apps so far.

Thanks.

Unraid 6.11.5

Docker last updated July 2, 2023

ls: cannot access '/vpn/*': No such file or directory
Error: ipv4: FIB table does not exist.
Dump terminated
grep: /vpn/vpn.conf: No such file or directory
+ exec sg vpn -c 'openvpn --cd /vpn --config /vpn/vpn.conf --script-security 2 --redirect-gateway def1                 '
Error: ipv4: FIB table does not exist.
Dump terminated

ERROR: VPN not configured!
ERROR: VPN CA cert missing!
Options error: In [CMD-LINE]:1: Error opening configuration file: /vpn/vpn.conf
Use --help for more information.
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---

7 minutes ago, The Transplant said:

Out of the blue I started getting the errors below.

I also don‘t know whats wrong with that little information and what changed, how is you template configured, how is your share configured where OpenVPN is located on?

It is definitely the case that it can‘t read the files.

7 minutes ago, The Transplant said:

Unraid 6.11.5

I would recommend that you uprade to something recent like 6.12.3

• Like 1

Need help with photoprism. I was trying to update the container and added 

Container Variable: PHOTOPRISM_SITE_URL=mydomain.com

Container Variable: PHOTOPRISM_DISABLE_CHOWN=false

I also deleted the default admin password variable since I had already configured the admin account on the server, and didn't want it overwriting it....

however now when I start the container, the site no longer loads and I get a splash screen that just says "Not Found" over the photoprism logo. The console would complain about a warning for the admin password not being set, and the account unable to initialize, so I tried adding back in

PHOTOPRISM_ADMIN_PASSWORD=MyAdminPassword

However the issues with it not loading are still persisting. What did I break and how can I fix it?

EDIT:: after changing the SITE_URL to https://mydomain.com the site once again loads correctly, however the external URL used in links is, while different, still not correct...

before adding the SITE_URL variable, generating share links used the TLD photoprism.me:port, but now after setting it to https://mydomain.com it is generating links as localhost:port ... how can I update this variable so that links work correctly?

Edited by SimplifyAndAddCoffee
41 minutes ago, SimplifyAndAddCoffee said:

how can I update this variable so that links work correctly?

As the documentation over here tells me you should set it to:

https://yourdomain.com

Are you sure nothing is cached in your browser? If that is not working I would recommend opening up a issue on GitHub over here.

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

I also don‘t know whats wrong with that little information and what changed, how is you template configured, how is your share configured where OpenVPN is located on?

It is definitely the case that it can‘t read the files.

I would recommend that you uprade to something recent like 6.12.3

I upgraded to 6.12.3

The change I made was to add a second cache drive and I moved the appdata cache to this second cache drive.  Not sure if this caused the problem, but it's the only thing I changed so just assuming this was the cause.

Here is my information (below).  Happy to include more info as needed to help diagnose this.  Thanks.

image.thumb.png.6615e5519473c47064276e595d7048c6.png

image.thumb.png.7a6cc2949a5b8f17459c15e1a192ba3e.png

image.thumb.png.545b8c565a950425e5f8cbe4d8b00f03.png

4 hours ago, The Transplant said:

Here is my information (below).  Happy to include more info as needed to help diagnose this.  Thanks.

may a screen from your main page, specially the part from your cache pool devices ... and/or from your sharesettings appdata

as you see in your pics, you "hardsetted" /mnt/cache/appdata/... for this Docker, while you posted now /mnt/user/appdata/... so i assume you moved to like .../cache2/... or whatever and there is your reason.

sample

image.thumb.png.987cf117b9ae2f087bda951738bbb7b6.png

image.thumb.png.0763c1b943e200a08a5f7e014132a005.png

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, matuopm said:

I'm getting a weird error message when I started the JDownloader 2 container today. Seems its stuck while doing some kind of update. And then this message pops up:

when you google it you ll find the fix, it was like deleting some files and 1 folder when i remember correctly.

stop the container, delete the files, start the container, done.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, davidudl said:

It works normal for several hours and then, the container shuts down for some reason

It seems that your Matrix instance is not stable or at least it can't stay connected.

How often do you run CA Backup <- if you have it installed?

A 502 error usually means a Bad Gateway.

10 minutes ago, davidudl said:

I run it daily.

Are you aware that containers are stopped when a backup is created?

Just to be sure that this isn‘t the reason…

Do you run your own provate Matrix server or do you use matrix.org?

I use PushBits really heavily and it is working with in my case 15 applications just fine.

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you aware that containers are stopped when a backup is created?

Just to be sure that this isn‘t the reason…

Do you run your own provate Matrix server or do you use matrix.org?

I use PushBits really heavily and it is working with in my case 15 applications just fine.

Yeah I know that, I set it to weekly to see if that is the reason. Thing is, the matrix server restarts without fuss I think.

I run my own matrix server.

Does your matrix-synapse log look like this too?

Screenshot 2023-08-19 130421.png

On 8/16/2023 at 1:15 AM, alturismo said:

may a screen from your main page, specially the part from your cache pool devices ... and/or from your sharesettings appdata

as you see in your pics, you "hardsetted" /mnt/cache/appdata/... for this Docker, while you posted now /mnt/user/appdata/... so i assume you moved to like .../cache2/... or whatever and there is your reason.

sample

image.thumb.png.987cf117b9ae2f087bda951738bbb7b6.png

image.thumb.png.0763c1b943e200a08a5f7e014132a005.png

Awesome - now I am getting it.  I did add a second cache but I renamed both of the caches to define their specific use.

This appears to be the only docker I have installed that has a data path specified so presumably the other dockers were fine with the change in name of the cache.  

I am in the process of moving the cache files back onto the array and then onto the new cache right now.  When I am done I assume I update this from "/mnt/cache/appdata/openvpn-client" to "/mnt/new_cache/appdata/openvpn-client"?  Thanks for the help.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, articulateape said:

How do I login? I've set a password in the setup but I use username as "admin" and I'm denied. Pretty sure I'm using the right password (as I typed in in) but maybe the username is something else?

Are you talking about PushBits?

How do you try to log in? You have to use pbcli from a container teminal.

Please post the full command that you are using.

You can find more information here.

A typical command would be:

pbcli application list --url http://127.0.0.1:8080 --username <YOURUSERNAME>

This should list all your applications.

(you can leave the URL like that from the example if you are issuing the command from inside the container)

Hello,
I have a question about Lucky Backup.
I have installed and set up Docker on my Unraid system. it should take the source /mnt/user/ and the target my Synology.
I created a task that it should backup my nextcloud directory to the synology.
Then I created a schedule for it. 
I triggered the first backup Manuel and let it run.
The next day I looked at luckybackup and noticed that my task and my schedule have disappeared and luckybackup is back in english and not in german like it was set to be.
so somehow a reset?
can you help me?
oh yes the data was backed up.