[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

2 hours ago, classma said:

The next day I looked at luckybackup and noticed that my task and my schedule have disappeared and luckybackup is back in english and not in german like it was set to be.

Do you have CA Backup installed? How often does it run, any chance it ran in that night?

Have you read the notice in the description from the container about language changes:
grafik.png.ed0030eeeb6c1929498f57a0d3d364b7.png

Can you please share a screenshot from your Docker template for luckyBackup?

Please check if your appdata share stays on the cache or if it's moved over to the Array by the mover since my template defaults to /mnt/cache/... (real file path) instead of /mnt/user/... (FUSE file path) you have to ensure that your appdata share stays on the cache and is not moved over however you can change the path to /mnt/user/... in your template but I would recommend that you always let your appdata stay on the cache so that your Array can go to sleep and doesn't need to spin up every time a Docker accesses the appdata share:

grafik.png.ca3bdcf33407c2279976f860a2a4d224.png

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Do you have CA Backup installed? How often does it run, any chance it ran in that night?

Have you read the notice in the description from the container about language changes:
grafik.png.ed0030eeeb6c1929498f57a0d3d364b7.png

Can you please share a screenshot from your Docker template for luckyBackup?

Please check if your appdata share stays on the cache or if it's moved over to the Array by the mover since my template defaults to /mnt/cache/... (real file path) instead of /mnt/user/... (FUSE file path) you have to ensure that your appdata share stays on the cache and is not moved over however you can change the path to /mnt/user/... in your template but I would recommend that you always let your appdata stay on the cache so that your Array can go to sleep and doesn't need to spin up every time a Docker accesses the appdata share:

grafik.png.ca3bdcf33407c2279976f860a2a4d224.png

Hello,
To the question if I have CA backup installed, well I have Appdata backup installed and that was running tonight. And always from Sunday to Monday at 3 o'clock .

IMG_7390.thumb.jpeg.4c755c12d34a3352f88c2efb6c834c92.jpeg

I have attached pictures I hope you can see something?
And if so what I can set differently?

IMG_7387.thumb.jpeg.1a1be3f5554dbb3fab95651b40d885ec.jpegIMG_7388.thumb.jpeg.4468c6ce0c6bfd8134fa19782dbfb787.jpegIMG_7391.thumb.jpeg.c11f369df1319189b8d485793989f9f6.jpegIMG_7389.thumb.jpeg.a5afc760d725f06108ff57647d9a5171.jpeg

1 hour ago, classma said:

And if so what I can set differently?

IMG_7389.thumb.jpeg.a5afc760d725f06108ff57647d9a5171.jpeg

In this picture you see that you move the appdata folder from your Cache to the Array (first line), this won't work if you leave the path in the template at /mnt/cache/appdata/...

You have to change the path here:

IMG_7391.thumb.jpeg.c11f369df1319189b8d485793989f9f6.jpeg

to:

/mnt/user/appdata/luckybackup/

However I would strongly recommend that you buy a second cache driver to have redundancy for your Cache (since the exclamation mark right next to the appdata share indicates it's not redundant) and set the Cache as the primary storage so that all your data for appdata stays on the Cache <- which is recommended so that the Array can sleep.

Hoffe das hilft. ;)

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, ich777 said:

In this picture you see that you move the appdata folder from your Cache to the Array (first line), this won't work if you leave the path in the template at /mnt/cache/appdata/...

You have to change the path here:

to:

/mnt/user/appdata/luckybackup/

However I would strongly recommend that you buy a second cache driver to have redundancy for your Cache (since the exclamation mark right next to the appdata share indicates it's not redundant) and set the Cache as the primary storage so that all your data for appdata stays on the Cache <- which is recommended so that the Array can sleep.

Hoffe das hilft. ;)

Thanks for the quick reply!
First I would like to ask if I can write here in German, too?

Then to your answer:
I should change the path from Cache to User at LuckyBackup.
Should I do this only with LuckyBackup or with the other dockers too, or should I set the cache to None?
I also noticed when I exit/stop LuckyBackup then my profiles incl tasks are gone.
And when AppdataBackup does the backup the Docker is also stopped is it because there are no profiles left?

Then I have to buy a 2nd SSD hard disk for the cache as redundancy.
Do I immediately, must be the same size as the other SSD?
How do I mount it in the cache and can I do it while the system is running?
Can you tell me how to set this up?
Sorry am not long in the game and there are really many questions.

Thank you very much.

9 minutes ago, classma said:

First I would like to ask if I can write here in German, too?

then you should move over to the german section, here english only please ;)

about your questions about cache and user ... you may should start reading the wiki

/mnt/cache/... is fixed to the /mnt/cache/ disk(s) only ... while /mnt/user/ is using the fuse filesystem and also including the array disk(s) ...

so, when you use your appdata share as above, primary, secondary ... your appdata files get moved into the array ... and /mnt/cache/ ... is empty ... where your docker is looking for its configuration ... 

so 2 general choiced

- /mnt/user/ in docker settings will always work

- /mnt/cache/ you need to set the share behind it (like appdata) to cache only (no secondary storage)

specially for /appdata its recommended to keep the array in spindown mode ... but thats your choice.

about building a pool with 2 devices (raid 1) to get renundany ... also please read the wiki and articels, depending now on your filesystem from your cache you may could just add another disk and all is good, if its xfs for sample you need to format it before ... so a backup would make sence ;) which you already may have as you moved some files from cache to array anyway ;) different story ...

so please read the articels (there are many also in the german part ...) to understand what you do and howto ...

• Like 1

Hey, just grabbed this with the idea of running qbittorrent and the arr's behind it. Set everything up nice and smoothly all running through the openvpn container. Running 'curl ifconfig.io' shows the VPN IP so I know that everything is set up properly. However if I run a torrent checker, it's showing the below. The VPN IP shows up which is what I would expect, however it's also leaking my public IP which is less than ideal.

I reached out to linuxserver.io as the qbittorrent client I was using was theirs through the app page, but they pointed the finger towards the VPN client, so here I am! Obviously the VPN is at least partially working since the curl command shows the IP and the IP is showing up on the checker, but somehow the actual IP is somehow leaking out as well. I've also included the settings for them both which should show that all the ports mentioned for qbittorrent are listed out in the IP list, so I'm not sure how it's leaking.

Probably something obvious that I've missed, but please let me know.

leak.png

leak2.png

2 hours ago, iviv said:

However if I run a torrent checker, it's showing the below.

Sorry but I'm really not familiar with these tools because I don't use torrent... :/

How does this even work?

2 hours ago, iviv said:

The VPN IP shows up which is what I would expect, however it's also leaking my public IP which is less than ideal.

Are you sure the

2 hours ago, iviv said:

I reached out to linuxserver.io as the qbittorrent client I was using was theirs through the app page, but they pointed the finger towards the VPN client

Maybe they are right but I really can't tell what's going on there. It shouldn't leak the IP, you can however try to enable the Firewall in the OpenVPN-Client this will prevent communication if no VPN connection is established.

To do that simply create a Variable with the Key: FIREWALL <- this is enough, you don't need to enter a value.

Can you please also send a picture from the Extra Parameters from the OpenVPN-Client container?

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but I'm really not familiar with these tools because I don't use torrent... :/

How does this even work?

It's basically a custom made torrent file, you add the torrent file to your app, you'll be the only person that has that file so only you should be connected to it. Then the website reports back the list of IPs that connected to the torrent. Ideally it would only be the VPN IP.

Can you please also send a picture from the Extra Parameters from the OpenVPN-Client container?

They are as follows: --cap-add=NET_ADMIN --dns=8.8.8.8 --sysctl net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1

Which I believe was the default it came with, I certainly haven't changed them.

To do that simply create a Variable with the Key: FIREWALL <- this is enough, you don't need to enter a value.

I just tried that. Assuming the below is done correctly it still leaked the IP when I tried the above test again.

Thanks for your help with this though btw.

firewall.png

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is not what I've wrote, you have to use all CAPS at the Key:

Sorry about that. Updated it to all caps, still the same.

Try to remove this if the FIREWALL variable won't fix your issue.

I've also just tried this, still the same situation I'm afraid.

Hi, Hope I am in the right spot for this.

I had MEGASync setup and was working for a few days but today for some reason the docker seems to have reset itself. It is asking me to login again to Mega and re-set up everything. I have not changed my password. It seems that  mega has lost its config or something.  I can re-setup everything but don’t want this to happen again and would like to know how to figured out what happened.

Thanks

Unraid 6.12.3  

1 hour ago, Dantheman61 said:

It seems that  mega has lost its config or something.  I can re-setup everything but don’t want this to happen again and would like to know how to figured out what happened.

I think this is most certainly a configuration issue.

Can you please post a screenshot from your Docker template and also from you share settings for the appdata share? I'm assuming that you you have configured that your appdata share is moved from the Cache to the Array and you use the path /mnt/cache/appdata/... in the Docker template correct?

I'm also assuming that CA Backup was running in the meantime so that the container was stopped at least once (containers are by default stopped when CA Backup is kicking in).

So this means in your current configuration it will happen again.

13 minutes ago, Dantheman61 said:

I have appdate just on cache.  appdata backup runs every Monday so it should not have ran today.

Restart the container and see if the same happens again.

This is the first time that I hear from that issue and as long as the megasync appdata directory stays where it is and is not moved it should work fine.

It seems that in your case everything is configured correctly.

Is the path to your cache driver /mnt/cache/...?

25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Is the path to your cache driver /mnt/cache/...?

yes

So I have logged back into mega after waiting serval hours the selective sync came up but when I tried to re-add the folders it said it was already added. so I closed that window and looked in settings and it showed the folders i had. Then things stated to upload again.

I am trying to upload about 2.5 million files and have seen this docker used up to 12gb of ram (my server has 32gb.) so it might have ran out of ram. What would your recommend setting this docked ram to if I should at all? 

Thanks 

9 hours ago, Keek Uras said:

Hello! Is there a way to use DirSyncPro with a remote NFS share? I haven't been able to figure out how to make it work.

I think I'm not following...

Just create another path inside the container template and use the path where the NSF share is mounted on your Unraid host as the Host path.

• Thanks 1

I think I'm not following...

Just create another path inside the container template and use the path where the NSF share is mounted on your Unraid host as the Host path.

I was trying to use it as the REMOTE_DIR for the remote address. Your suggestion worked. Thanks!

Edited by Keek Uras
misspelled word
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, Merijeek said:

For what it's worth, I'm experiencing exactly the same thing. 

Have you disabled IPv6 for this container? With IPv6 it is possible that it leaks your IP.

May I ask how this thing is working to detect your real IP? Do you create a link on your local PC or do you download something from your local PC that you put then into your downloader (btw do you use a VPN too to create the link/file that tests your VPN in the container)?

Can you try to execute this from within the container:

curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/macvk/dnsleaktest/master/dnsleaktest.sh -o dnsleaktest.sh

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you disabled IPv6 for this container? With IPv6 it is possible that it leaks your IP.

May I ask how this thing is working to detect your real IP? Do you create a link on your local PC or do you download something from your local PC that you put then into your downloader (btw do you use a VPN too to create the link/file that tests your VPN in the container)?

I had the same settings as our guy above, so there was this: --sysctl net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1

Which I would ASSUME kills IPv6. But I know nothing about the internal workings of docker containers, so if there's something else I should be setting, let me know and I'll be happy to give it a try. 

As far as how it works to detect it, I....

1. Go to the site https://ipleak.net/ from my Windows PC (which is running the PIA VPN client) 

2. Click the Torrent Address detection: Activate button that creates a custom .magnet link for me to download

3. I go to the QB web IP and paste the magnet link into the UI 

Then their page shows something like this:

image.png.8cfb3babbb7f0fa540b7daf6a8311cf5.png

But in my case, it was actually showing two things - the above VPN IP and my own Comcast IP.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I esited my post above. Please run the command from all connected VPN containers.

Yeah, I haven't worked out a way to do things from inside a container. I'm getting this when I run your command:

root@b43d57320d68:/# curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/macvk/dnsleaktest/master/dnsleaktest.sh -o dnsleaktest.sh
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  3273  100  3273    0     0  38042      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 38505

The output file isn't interesting from what I can tell:

root@b43d57320d68:/# cat dnsleaktest.sh 
#!/usr/bin/env bash
#usage:   ./dnsleaktest.sh [-i interface_ip|interface_name]
#example: ./dnsleaktest.sh -i eth1
#         ./dnsleaktest.sh -i 10.0.0.2

RED='\033[0;31m'
BOLD='\033[1m'
NC='\033[0m'
api_domain='bash.ws'
error_code=1

getopts "i:" opt
interface=$OPTARG

function echo_bold {
    echo -e "${BOLD}${1}${NC}"
}

if [ -z "$interface" ]; then
    curl_interface=""
    ping_interface=""
else
    curl_interface="--interface ${interface}"
    ping_interface="-I ${interface}"
    echo_bold "Interface: ${interface}"
    echo ""
fi

function increment_error_code {
    error_code=$((error_code + 1))
}

function echo_error {
    (>&2 echo -e "${RED}${1}${NC}")
}

function require_command {
    command -v $1 > /dev/null
    if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
        echo_error "Please, install \"$1\""
        exit $error_code
    fi
    increment_error_code
}

function check_internet_connection {
    curl --silent --head ${curl_interface} --request GET "https://${api_domain}" | grep "200 OK" > /dev/null
    if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
        echo_error "No internet connection."
        exit $error_code
    fi
    increment_error_code
}

require_command curl
require_command ping
check_internet_connection

if command -v jq &> /dev/null; then
    jq_exists=1
else
    jq_exists=0
fi

if hash shuf 2>/dev/null; then
    id=$(shuf -i 1000000-9999999 -n 1)
else
    id=$(jot -w %i -r 1 1000000 9999999)
fi

for i in $(seq 1 10); do
    ping -c 1 ${ping_interface} "${i}.${id}.${api_domain}" > /dev/null 2>&1
done

function print_servers {

if (( $jq_exists )); then

echo ${result_json} | \
            jq  --monochrome-output \
            --raw-output \
            ".[] | select(.type == \"${1}\") | \"\(.ip)\(if .country_name != \"\" and  .country_name != false then \" [\(.country_name)\(if .asn != \"\" and .asn != false then \" \(.asn)\" else \"\" end)]\" else \"\" end)\""

else

while IFS= read -r line; do
            if [[ "$line" != *${1} ]]; then
                continue
            fi

ip=$(echo $line | cut -d'|' -f 1)
            code=$(echo $line | cut -d'|' -f 2)
            country=$(echo $line | cut -d'|' -f 3)
            asn=$(echo $line | cut -d'|' -f 4)

if [ -z "${ip// }" ]; then
                 continue
            fi

if [ -z "${country// }" ]; then
                 echo "$ip"
            else
                 if [ -z "${asn// }" ]; then
                     echo "$ip [$country]"
                 else
                     echo "$ip [$country, $asn]"
                 fi
            fi
        done <<< "$result_txt"

fi
}

if (( $jq_exists )); then
    result_json=$(curl ${curl_interface} --silent "https://${api_domain}/dnsleak/test/${id}?json")
else
    result_txt=$(curl ${curl_interface} --silent "https://${api_domain}/dnsleak/test/${id}?txt")
fi

dns_count=$(print_servers "dns" | wc -l)

echo_bold "Your IP:"
print_servers "ip"

echo ""
if [ ${dns_count} -eq "0" ];then
    echo_bold "No DNS servers found"
else
    if [ ${dns_count} -eq "1" ];then
        echo_bold "You use ${dns_count} DNS server:"
    else
        echo_bold "You use ${dns_count} DNS servers:"
    fi
    print_servers "dns"