[Support] selfhosters.net's Template Repository

On 12/28/2020 at 11:05 AM, Roxedus said:

Pretty sure you do that in the same variable
> redis://username:password@[IP]:6379

This is true but I discovered one slight modification; redis doesn't usually have a username so you actually leave it blank before that colon. So it will be:

redis://:password@[IP]:6379

• Like 1

Hey Guys

I'm struggling with paperless. When uploading through any web browser the only thing I get is "An error has occurred while uploading the document. Sorry!".

I have tried using shares for file location, my personal folder inside a share but whatever I do it doesn't work. I have to be missing something.

The logs are empty so I don't even know where to check.

15 hours ago, gxs said:

Hey Guys

I'm struggling with paperless. When uploading through any web browser the only thing I get is "An error has occurred while uploading the document. Sorry!".

I have tried using shares for file location, my personal folder inside a share but whatever I do it doesn't work. I have to be missing something.

I had this issue with one specific document, it worked with others though, I think it had something to do with how the PDF was saved/malformed or something. 

For this one already-existing PDF I had, I just ended up printing it and scanning it back in and that worked fine.

I have a scanner setup to scan via FTP to my consume folder, and use the Paperless-App to scan documents on mobile devices that upload straight into my Paperless-NG instance.

I guess try some other files, or try scanning a file and putting it into your consume folder instead of the web UI's upload, see what happens with that?

PS - All this is for Paperless-ng which I assume you're also talking about, the OG paperless has it's own support thread.

15 hours ago, gxs said:

Hey Guys

Are the web UI logs and the docker logs are both empty? Have you checked the javascript console of the browser? Do you find an issue there? Does the document contain sensitive information? I'm asking because the previous question aren't no help then you could open an issue in the paperless-ng repository.

On 12/30/2020 at 9:25 AM, T0a said:

Yes, see here. Make sure you create a backup first. 

Thanks! Before I saw this, I did the steps below and it worked.

The official docs in there are not unraid specific so you will have to figure out some details yourself.

1- I copied the sqldb file from paperless to paperless-ng location

2- I copied the pdfs from paperless to paperless-ng location

3- I ran the commmand "python3.7 manage.py document_index reindex" on the docker console

(for example it's not clear you can run this command this way on the official docs)

However multiple user scenarios don't work at the moment, I think I need to switch to postgresql as well

On 1/1/2021 at 4:07 PM, CorneliousJD said:

I guess try some other files, or try scanning a file and putting it into your consume folder instead of the web UI's upload, see what happens with that?

I tried with TXT, PDF, Word,...

Error is all the same. It just doesn't upload anything.

On 8/27/2020 at 9:30 AM, GilbN said:

Check your container logs 

!SOLVED: see below if you have this problem

Sorry to be such a noob, but I'm also have trouble with finding the default user and password.

I'm aware the documentation states that these are logged to STDOUT, however I cannot seem to find any credentials in the logs. I checked the container logs with:

docker logs Mango > /boot/MangoLog.txt

Which yields only:

_|      _|
              _|_|  _|_|    _|_|_|  _|_|_|      _|_|_|    _|_|
              _|  _|  _|  _|    _|  _|    _|  _|    _|  _|    _|
              _|      _|  _|    _|  _|    _|  _|    _|  _|    _|
              _|      _|    _|_|_|  _|    _|    _|_|_|    _|_|
                                                    _|
                                                _|_|

Mango - Manga Server and Web Reader. Version 0.18.2
^[[93m[INFO]    ^[[0m2021/01/11 20:35:28 | Starting DB optimization
^[[93m[INFO]    ^[[0m2021/01/11 20:35:28 | DB optimization finished
^[[93m[INFO]    ^[[0m2021/01/11 20:35:28 | Scanned 0 titles in 4.195587ms
^[[93m[INFO]    ^[[0m2021/01/11 20:36:28 | Starting thumbnail generation
^[[93m[INFO]    ^[[0m2021/01/11 20:36:28 | Thumbnail generation finished
^[[93m[INFO]    ^[[0m2021/01/11 20:40:28 | Scanned 0 titles in 2.073916ms

Finally, from the console of the container, I tried:

find . -name "*stdout*"

and only found "./dev/stdout". However, I can't access it from unraid with:

docker cp Mango:dev/stdout /boot/mango.stdout

And from within the container:

cat stdout

yields no information.

Finally, I changed the log_level to "debug" and tried "admin" as a username. Apparently that is the username, however I don't know the password.

_| _|
_|_| _|_| _|_|_| _|_|_| _|_|_| _|_|
_| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _|
_| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _|
_| _| _|_|_| _| _| _|_|_| _|_|
_|
_|_|

Mango - Manga Server and Web Reader. Version 0.18.2

[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:00 | We are in release mode. Using embedded static files.
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:00 | Starting Kemal server
[93m[INFO] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:00 | Starting DB optimization
[93m[INFO] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:00 | DB optimization finished
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:00 | Scan completed
[93m[INFO] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:00 | Scanned 0 titles in 3.915386ms
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:12 | 302 GET / 836.62µs
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:12 | 200 GET /login 36.27µs
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:12 | 200 GET /css/mango.css 49.43µs
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:12 | 200 GET /css/uikit.css 1.69ms
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:12 | 200 GET /js/common.js 39.77µs
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:12 | 200 GET /js/fontawesome.min.js 261.47µs
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:12 | 200 GET /js/uikit.min.js 654.11µs
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:12 | 200 GET /js/uikit-icons.min.js 418.27µs
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:12 | 200 GET /js/solid.min.js 18.33ms
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:16 | Password does not match the hash
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:16 | 302 POST /login 139.43ms
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:16 | 200 GET /login 32.36µs
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:16 | 200 GET /css/uikit.css 820.8µs
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:16 | 200 GET /css/mango.css 42.45µs
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:16 | 200 GET /js/fontawesome.min.js 273.5µs
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:16 | 200 GET /js/common.js 49.3µs
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:16 | 200 GET /js/uikit.min.js 640.04µs
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:16 | 200 GET /js/uikit-icons.min.js 328.12µs
[96m[DEBUG] [0m2021/01/11 21:08:16 | 200 GET /js/solid.min.js 9.39ms

Is there some other log I'm supposed to be looking for to find the password?

Thank you!!

SOLUTION: I never did find the default password posted anywhere. However, this approach worked for me.

1. Edit the config file in appdata so that "disable_login" is "true" and "default_username" is "admin". Save.

2. Restart container.
3. You will now be logged in. You can use the user management options to change the admin password now.
4. Edit the config file in appdata to return "disable_login" is "false" and "default_username" is "". Save.
5. Restart container.

Edited by njdowdy
SOLVED

youtube-dl-material

Is there a way to rate limit the download speeds?  i.e. can I set it to 1MB/sec max or is the only option to let it take what it can take?  I couldn't find anything in the settings inside the app.

edit: added the -r option in custom args:

image.png.cfd3970da30e194e6442a4219dd88c7a.png

Saved the setting.  However, when trying to download, the following is showing in the log:

2021-01-13T16:34:25.163Z ERROR: Error while retrieving info on video with URL https://www.youtube.com/c/TED/videos with the following message: Error: Command failed with exit code 2: node_modules/youtube-dl/bin/youtube-dl -i --dump-json -o video/%(title)s.mp4 --write-info-json --print-json -f bestvideo+bestaudio --merge-output-format mp4 --write-thumbnail -r 250K https://www.youtube.com/c/TED/videos
2021-01-13T16:34:25.163Z ERROR: Usage: youtube-dl [OPTIONS] URL [URL...]
youtube-dl: error: invalid rate limit specified

Asny idea why it's reporting invalid rate limit?  per the github docs for youtube-dl, -r 250K should be fine.

Edited by JasonK

Hello, I just installed CrushFTP and just am curious about security.  All I did was install Crushftp from the CA....is it secure that way? Is there anything I should do to make sure it is secure?  I literally know nothing about security but I need to make sure its secure, I'll be sending sensitive information to it.

Edited by SPOautos

Can't access web-UI with VPN?

Hi!

Been using Speedtest-tracker now for a while and very pleased. Thank you!

Figured yesterday that I would try to put it behind my VPN to see what speed I actually get. I have all my downloading containers mapped through binhex-qbittorrent-vpn, so I thought I would map a new speedtest-tracker container through qBit also.

But can't get it to work. I'm fairly noob with this so I have probably just made a turd of everything 😁

This is how I tried to set it up:

Mapped :8766 in qBittorrent for speedtest-tracker (named it "speedtest-tracker-vpn" to keep them apart)

Skarmavbild-2021-01-17-kl.-13.02.4210946

Added "--net=container:binhex-qbittorrentvpn" to 'Extra Parameters' but not sure if it's ok to just add that with a space after "--restart unless-stopped"? Changed 'Network Type' to "None".

Also choose :8766 as port to not interfere with :8765 that the normal speedtest-tracker use.

Skarmavbild-2021-01-17-kl.-13.00.09d0aaa

The container starts and seems to run but I can't access the web-UI? Any ideas?

Edited by kim_sv
fixed urls for pics

I am wondering if anyone is using intel quicksync with the Shinobi docker? I see there is inclusion of a variable for passing through your nvidia gpu but cant find any documentation on using intels igpu. Is anyone doing this that can advise on how to get this working?

I know that you can use the below on regular linux with docker for things like plex. Does the same appy for Shinobi?

--device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri

Edited by WexfordStyle
On 9/18/2020 at 5:51 PM, jonathanm said:

Sorry, I already readded all the subscriptions. I only have the default log level set, so I wasn't expecting much info there.

When I went to the subs page, it displayed the same message of no items for both playlists and subscriptions, I've never put in any playlists, but the message was displayed for both. When I readded the subs, they showed up properly, both on the left column and the subs list. One anomaly to note is that even though adding the sub closes the add sub popup, the new sub doesn't show in the list until the browser is refreshed.

At the moment I'm getting the 429 too many requests, so I've shut down the container until tomorrow, I'll post back. Prior to shutting down I added a cookie and a youtube API key and the 429's continued, but I don't know if that makes a difference once the 429 is already happening.

Did the "too many requests" issue resolve for you? I'm in the same boat. Can I ask how you added the cookie and youtube API to the docker? NOTE: I have a cookies.txt from the firefox extension and an API key. Just wondering how to input into the template.

Thanks!

Edited by njdowdy
Added an addendum.
3 minutes ago, njdowdy said:

Did the "too many requests" issue resolve for you? I'm in the same boat. Can I ask how you added the cookie and youtube API to the docker? NOTE: I have a cookies.txt from the firefox extension and an API key. Just wondering how to input into the template.

Thanks!

Sorry, I removed the API and cookie because I couldn't get them to make a difference. What does make a difference is changing the IP the container is going through every couple days whenever I get 429'd, typically every 36 to 48 hours.

I'm already using a VPN container, so I just changed this container to network none and added --net=container:<name of vpn container> to the extra parameters line. Whenever I restart the vpn container it gets a new external IP.

It's a little inconvenient, but it works. I suppose if I get too irritated I'll script something that watches for 429 in the log, and restarts both containers.

I asked the container author to code a modification that would stop hammering the servers after the first few 429's, but that didn't seem to get any traction. Ideally it would watch for a 429, pause and show a notification in the app for a short interval, restart, if there was a 429 again, pause for double the interval, etc. Reset whenever the container is restarted.

Apparently there aren't very many heavy users that get frequent 429s.

• Thanks 1
On 12/15/2020 at 5:28 PM, JC2020 said:

I am having trouble with Deemix as well.  I removed and re-added via CA and get the "python3: can't open file '/deemix/server.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory"  CA has:  https://registry.gitlab.com/bockiii/deemix-docker as the docker hub URL, but it returns 404 error. 

I removed and installed it several times, and than suddenly it worked again... Dunno why but it is working now since couple of weeks.

On 1/17/2021 at 1:15 PM, kim_sv said:

Can't access web-UI with VPN?

Hi!

Been using Speedtest-tracker now for a while and very pleased. Thank you!

Figured yesterday that I would try to put it behind my VPN to see what speed I actually get. I have all my downloading containers mapped through binhex-qbittorrent-vpn, so I thought I would map a new speedtest-tracker container through qBit also.

But can't get it to work. I'm fairly noob with this so I have probably just made a turd of everything 😁

This is how I tried to set it up:

Mapped :8766 in qBittorrent for speedtest-tracker (named it "speedtest-tracker-vpn" to keep them apart)

Skarmavbild-2021-01-17-kl.-13.02.4210946

Added "--net=container:binhex-qbittorrentvpn" to 'Extra Parameters' but not sure if it's ok to just add that with a space after "--restart unless-stopped"? Changed 'Network Type' to "None".

Also choose :8766 as port to not interfere with :8765 that the normal speedtest-tracker use.

Skarmavbild-2021-01-17-kl.-13.00.09d0aaa

The container starts and seems to run but I can't access the web-UI? Any ideas?

You cannot change ports when using the --network argument, it behaves similarly to host. you would have to use port 80.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Roxedus said:

You cannot change ports when using the --network argument, it behaves similarly to host. you would have to use port 80.

You can however, use the container mapping of the qbit container. So, assuming the speedtest app is listening on 80, you should be able to add a mapping to qbit with container of 80 and host of whatever you want that isn't in use, and the speedtest app should answer on that port.

I wrote a quick little script to deal with my specific 429 errors. If you are routing youtubedl through one of the vpn enabled containers, this should work for you with some modifications.

#!/bin/bash
# This script will attempt to get a new IP for the Youtube DL Material container.
# It assumes you are using the binhex-delugevpn for your connection, and already
# have that process working, by setting youtube-dl-material network to none,
# and adding --net=container:binhex-delugevpn to the Extra Parameters: field.
# You also have to add a mapping for port 17442 to binhex-delugevpn container
# and use your own shortcut to access the WebGUI for Youtube DL Material.
# If you are using a different VPN enabled container you will need to alter this
# script for your specific setup. If you don't want to be notified, comment out
# the /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/scripts/notify line.
# Set this script to run however often you want to check for 429 errors

if docker ps | grep -q youtube-dl-material
then
	echo "Youtube DL Material container running, checking for error 429"
		if /usr/bin/docker logs youtube-dl-material --tail 1 | /usr/bin/grep -q "HTTP Error 429"
		then
    			echo "Restarting VPN container and Youtube DL Material"
                        echo "_stopping Youtube DL Material"
			/usr/bin/docker stop --time=60 youtube-dl-material
                        echo "_restarting Binhex DelugeVPN"
			/usr/bin/docker restart --time=60 binhex-delugevpn
			echo "_waiting 5 minutes"
                        sleep 300
                        echo "_starting Youtube DL Material"
			/usr/bin/docker start youtube-dl-material
                        echo "_sending notifications"
			/usr/local/emhttp/webGui/scripts/notify -s "Youtube DL Material restarted" -i "warning" -m "Too many requests error detected"  -d "Too many requests error detected"
		else
    			echo "No 429 error found"
		fi
else
	echo "Youtube DL Material container not running"
fi	

7 hours ago, jonathanm said:

I wrote a quick little script to deal with my specific 429 errors. If you are routing youtubedl through one of the vpn enabled containers, this should work for you with some modifications.

#!/bin/bash
# This script will attempt to get a new IP for the Youtube DL Material container.
# It assumes you are using the binhex-delugevpn for your connection, and already
# have that process working, by setting youtube-dl-material network to none,
# and adding --net=container:binhex-delugevpn to the Extra Parameters: field.
# You also have to add a mapping for port 17442 to binhex-delugevpn container
# and use your own shortcut to access the WebGUI for Youtube DL Material.
# If you are using a different VPN enabled container you will need to alter this
# script for your specific setup. If you don't want to be notified, comment out
# the /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/scripts/notify line.
# Set this script to run however often you want to check for 429 errors

if docker ps | grep -q youtube-dl-material
then
	echo "Youtube DL Material container running, checking for error 429"
		if /usr/bin/docker logs youtube-dl-material --tail 1 | /usr/bin/grep -q "HTTP Error 429"
		then
    			echo "Restarting VPN container and Youtube DL Material"
                        echo "_stopping Youtube DL Material"
			/usr/bin/docker stop --time=60 youtube-dl-material
                        echo "_restarting Binhex DelugeVPN"
			/usr/bin/docker restart --time=60 binhex-delugevpn
			echo "_waiting 5 minutes"
                        sleep 300
                        echo "_starting Youtube DL Material"
			/usr/bin/docker start youtube-dl-material
                        echo "_sending notifications"
			/usr/local/emhttp/webGui/scripts/notify -s "Youtube DL Material restarted" -i "warning" -m "Too many requests error detected"  -d "Too many requests error detected"
		else
    			echo "No 429 error found"
		fi
else
	echo "Youtube DL Material container not running"
fi	

Actually, I was going to figure out how to set up a VPN container, but then I discovered how to pass the youtube API key and cookies.txt from within the youtube-dl container. Once I did that, the problems stopped. At least, for now!

I also saw there are some options in there to include a sleep interval between downloads to keep the requests/time lower.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, njdowdy said:

Actually, I was going to figure out how to set up a VPN container, but then I discovered how to pass the youtube API key and cookies.txt from within the youtube-dl container. Once I did that, the problems stopped. At least, for now!

I also saw there are some options in there to include a sleep interval between downloads to keep the requests/time lower.

Thanks!

Well, if you want you could always comment out 90% of the code and use the script to notify you if you are 429'd again. 🙂

• Like 1