Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

46 minutes ago, luca2 said:

Hi, I am planning to format an external hdd as ntfs so that it can be used with Windows. I want to encrypt it with bitlocker. Will this setup work with UD?

UD uses crypto luks for encryption in xfs, btrfs, and zfs disks.  Bitlocker won't work on a ntfs disk.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, QuestForTori said:

Sure, here is the output zip from the diagnostics menu from my server (Though this is before has crashed yet on this power-on cycle). Also, the remote server is an x86 Synology NAS on the same network. 

The issue is most likely related to a network issue.  The log messages indicate a file is being closed that was not opened?

You are getting a macvlan call trace.  The CIFS log messages occur right after the call trace.

Read the 6.12.4 release notes on macvlan call traces and then upgrade to 6.12.4.  The macvlan call traces situation has been improved in 6.12.4.  The releaase notes are here:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dlandon said:

The issue is most likely related to a network issue.  The log messages indicate a file is being closed that was not opened?

You are getting a macvlan call trace.  The CIFS log messages occur right after the call trace.

Read the 6.12.4 release notes on macvlan call traces and then upgrade to 6.12.4.  The macvlan call traces situation has been improved in 6.12.4.  The releaase notes are here:

I already did upgrade to 6.12.4, then I tried downgrading to 6.12.3 to see if it would fix the problem, and it didn't. Is there anything else I could try?

29 minutes ago, QuestForTori said:

Gotcha, here you go:

I would do the following:

• Turn off AdGuard.  It makes network changes and might be causing issues.
  • Turn off Docker and see if there are any other Docker Containers causing issues.
  • Boot into Safe Mode, install CA and Unassigned Devices only and mount your remote share and see if the log messages continue.
22 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I would do the following:

• Turn off AdGuard.  It makes network changes and might be causing issues.
  • Turn off Docker and see if there are any other Docker Containers causing issues.
  • Boot into Safe Mode, install CA and Unassigned Devices only and mount your remote share and see if the log messages continue.

Looks like turning off AdGuard and rebooting made the errors stop! I'll probably go and ask around specifically about the AdGuard docker, then - this seems like it might be a bug in the container.

I am having an issue with remote sharing.

I have a share setup to auto mount to my backup shared folder on another server. But everytime I reboot my unRaid server, it won't auto connect and says that remote server is unavailable. Even though it says that, the remote server is always on and you can always access the shared folder from other computers. Also the mount button is greyed out.

I have changed the remote share timer delay to 2 minutes thinking it was a slow connect thing, but it is still happening.

I have attached a screenshot of what it shows on the main tab, the settings for the specific mounting, and also settings for the plugin.

I hope someone can help me out with this. It happens to all shares I setup, even when I try to connect to shares on other servers/computers.

Main tab screenshot.PNG

Mount Settings.PNG

Plugin Settings.PNG

1 hour ago, sneville83 said:

I hope someone can help me out with this. It happens to all shares I setup, even when I try to connect to shares on other servers/computers.

It looks like the remote server is not responding to a ping.  Be sure the remote server is configured to respond to a ping.

Go to a command line and try:

ping OPENMEDIAVAULT

Also try by IP address.

5 hours ago, dlandon said:

It looks like the remote server is not responding to a ping.  Be sure the remote server is configured to respond to a ping.

Go to a command line and try:

ping OPENMEDIAVAULT

Also try by IP address.

I attempted to ping the server by its hostname and its says that its unknown. However, when I go to ping the ip address of the server, it works fine.

Unsure how to force unRaid server to automatically add openmediavault's IP address to DNS record so I don't have to use the IP address to connect.

22 minutes ago, sneville83 said:

I attempted to ping the server by its hostname and its says that its unknown. However, when I go to ping the ip address of the server, it works fine.

Unsure how to force unRaid server to automatically add openmediavault's IP address to DNS record so I don't have to use the IP address to connect.

What ip address shows when you ping by server name?