[SUPPORT] testdasi repo


186 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

 

First off, thanks for the development effort that went into putting these images together.

I am using openvpn-hyrosa using bridge network.

 

The image starts but the logs show that the no servers are reachable:

 

[info] Config file detected...

[info] Setting variables
[info] Set various ports to docker variables
[info] Determine openvpn port from config file
[info] Determine openvpn protocol from config file
[info] Will connect openvpn on port=1194 proto=udp
[info] Determine eth0 network for nftables
[info] eth0 IP is 172.17.0.4 in network 172.17.0.0/16
[info] All variables set

[info] Fixing configs
[info] language fixed.
[info] root folder fixed.
[info] launcher fixed.
[info] stubby fixed.
[info] danted fixed.
[info] tinyproxy fixed.
[info] sabnzbdplus fixed.
[info] rtorrent fixed.
[info] flood fixed.
[info] nzbhydra2 fixed.
[info] All configs fixed

[info] Run stubby in background on port 53
[15:45:31.659192] STUBBY: Read config from file /root/stubby/stubby.yml
[warn] Your ISP public IP is 71.202.93.211

[info] Set up nftables rules
[info] Editing base ruleset
[info] Flusing ruleset
[info] Added route 192.168.1.0/24 via 172.17.0.1 dev eth0
[info] Apply rules

[info] Quick block test. Expected result is time out. Actual result is ;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached
[info] All rules created

[info] Setting up OpenVPN tunnel
[info] Create tunnel device
[info] Allow DnS-over-TLS for openvpn to lookup VPN server
[info] Connecting to VPN on port 1194 with proto udp...
[info] Connection in progress, wait 10s...
[info] Connection in progress, wait 10s...
[info] Connection in progress, wait 10s...
[info] Connection in progress, wait 10s...

The Connection in progress... message keeps looping. What gives?

Link to post
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I code for fun and my dockers are mostly about adding niche features to stuff. DockerHub: https://hub.docker.com/u/testdasi   If you like my work, a donation to my burger fund is very m

Looks like this isn't being maintained anymore I am working on setting up my own docker to upload an updated version of the pihole-dot-doh Edit - I have submitted to Squid to get added onto CA

@testdasi You may want to consider this. I’m tentatively planning on adding Varken/Plex panels/stat tracking to the Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD) in version 1.5. Not a guarantee until I get into it,

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Sic79 said:

Worked really nice, thank you for the Docker. I would also love to have monitoring of my APC UPS, or maybe it´s hard to add in your docker since ppl use different brands? I assume if I add that manually it would disappear on a future update?

 

Edit: Did just notice that CPU does not report temp. I have a Intel E5 2697 V3 if that helps

I don't have a UPS so unfortunately can't really test adding ups functionality. Installing the apcupsd exporting script is (somewhat) trivial but without actual device to test, it's pure luck if anything works.

You are probably better off installing the apcupsd-influxdb-exporter docker from the Apps page and point it to your Gus docker IP + 8086 port. Have a look at this guide to see if it helps.

 

You will also have to read up a bit on how to edit grafana dashboard / panel to update the queries.

Each person's hardware has some unique parameters (e.g. which sensor to read CPU temperature), making a completely hands-off dashboard virtually impossible. Usually it just involves picking a few values from the drop-down to see which one makes the most sense.

 

 

4 hours ago, lizwan said:

Hi there,

 

First off, thanks for the development effort that went into putting these images together.

I am using openvpn-hyrosa using bridge network.

 

The image starts but the logs show that the no servers are reachable:

 

The Connection in progress... message keeps looping. What gives?

The loop is intentional to make sure a vpn connection is established before anything else is run.

Assuming your VPN server is working and no issue with Internet connection then the most likely reason is an issue with the ovpn config file.

 

The most frequent mistake is missing credentials (i.e. login).

Create a file e.g. login.txt with exactly 2 lines, 1st line is username, 2nd line is password. Save that file in the same folder as the openvpn.ovpn. Then edit your openvpn.ovpn and find auth-user-pass line and add login.txt after it so it's like this:

...
auth-user-pass login.txt
...

 

If that still doesn't work then copy-paste your openvpn.ovpn file here and I can help have a look.

Link to post
31 minutes ago, mmag05 said:

Loving GUS as I never could get a stack working before.  I see you mention it's compatible with UUD.  How would a go about adding UUD?  I don't see the option to add a new dashboard.

The high level instruction is login (default is admin/admin) then hover mouse over the + sign and pick Import. Then upload the json file from UUD topic.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
25 minutes ago, rukiftw said:

rutorrent plus plus doesnt boot. Error: "Error: error in making qname".

attached is the log. any ideas?

log.txt 8.98 kB · 0 downloads

Binhex has implemented multi-remote functionality (see post below).

I have deprecated my docker - it was intended as a temp workaround while waiting for binhex anyway.

 

Link to post
4 hours ago, testdasi said:

The most frequent mistake is missing credentials (i.e. login).

Create a file e.g. login.txt with exactly 2 lines, 1st line is username, 2nd line is password. Save that file in the same folder as the openvpn.ovpn. Then edit your openvpn.ovpn and find auth-user-pass line and add login.txt after it so it's like this:


...
auth-user-pass login.txt
...

 

That was it! Thanks the solved my login loop problems. Also thanks for dockerizing flood UI!

 

I had one more question, which isn't an issue or anything.

I realized that upon starting, the docker image creates 2 folders `rtorrent` and `sabnzbd` each with their own watch folders.

I already have a folder for torrents and watch folders. How can I have hyrosa read from my existing ones, such that even upon restart of the image  my settings will be respected?

Edited by lizwan
Link to post

Was really interested in the Grafana-Unraid-Stack docker, as it seems like a really nice, pre-configured all-in-one solution for Grafana, on top of all the individual parts being all together. Unfortunately influxdb just seems to not want to start at all within the container, and it just keeps crashing, according to the log.

Link to post
8 hours ago, testdasi said:

I don't have a UPS so unfortunately can't really test adding ups functionality. Installing the apcupsd exporting script is (somewhat) trivial but without actual device to test, it's pure luck if anything works.

You are probably better off installing the apcupsd-influxdb-exporter docker from the Apps page and point it to your Gus docker IP + 8086 port. Have a look at this guide to see if it helps.

 

You will also have to read up a bit on how to edit grafana dashboard / panel to update the queries.

Each person's hardware has some unique parameters (e.g. which sensor to read CPU temperature), making a completely hands-off dashboard virtually impossible. Usually it just involves picking a few values from the drop-down to see which one makes the most sense.

Ok, I might give it a shot when I have some time to test adding my UPS.

And ofcourse, I understand that it´s nearly impossible to cover all unique combinations of hardware. Just thought that since all other CPU sensors where read right, maybe it was just a little "issue". I´ll check and see if I can fix the right settings for reading my CPU temp.

 

And thanks again for a superb docker :)

Link to post
On 9/21/2020 at 2:58 PM, mmag05 said:

Loving GUS as I never could get a stack working before.  I see you mention it's compatible with UUD.  How would a go about adding UUD?  I don't see the option to add a new dashboard.

On 9/21/2020 at 3:31 PM, testdasi said:

The high level instruction is login (default is admin/admin) then hover mouse over the + sign and pick Import. Then upload the json file from UUD topic.

 

On 9/21/2020 at 2:44 PM, testdasi said:

You will also have to read up a bit on how to edit grafana dashboard / panel to update the queries.

Each person's hardware has some unique parameters (e.g. which sensor to read CPU temperature), making a completely hands-off dashboard virtually impossible. Usually it just involves picking a few values from the drop-down to see which one makes the most sense.

 

On 9/21/2020 at 11:29 PM, Sic79 said:

Ok, I might give it a shot when I have some time to test adding my UPS.

And ofcourse, I understand that it´s nearly impossible to cover all unique combinations of hardware. Just thought that since all other CPU sensors where read right, maybe it was just a little "issue". I´ll check and see if I can fix the right settings for reading my CPU temp.

 

Thanks for the shoutout @testdasi! My goal as the developer of UUD was to get as absolutely close to "out of the box" as possible. The new version of UUD 1.3 that I posted last night uses dynamic code to handle all manner of UNRAID architecture. And I'll keep working to improve it as time goes on. Feel free to join us on the forum topic for support.

 

It is absolutely 100% compatible with the Grafana-Unraid-Stack docker. 😁

Edited by falconexe
Link to post
7 hours ago, lizwan said:

I realized that upon starting, the docker image creates 2 folders `rtorrent` and `sabnzbd` each with their own watch folders.

I already have a folder for torrents and watch folders. How can I have hyrosa read from my existing ones, such that even upon restart of the image  my settings will be respected?

You just edit add more path mappings in the Unraid GUI (from Dashboard, click on Docker then Edit then scroll to the bottom for the + Add blabla option). The default mapping is for 1 mapping to docker /config (settings) and 1 mapping to /data (watch, downloads etc.) just for simplicity.

The one I'm using on my server, I have individual mappings for each /data subfolder so for example e.g. /data/rtorrent/watch, /data/rtorrent/incomplete and /data/rtorrent/complete all point to different folders on the host (they are on different pools on my server).

Note that if you map subfolders then you can't map the parent.

 

Settings should not reset after restart, btw. Mine is all fine so you might have done incorrect path mappings.

 

5 hours ago, JimTebo said:

Was really interested in the Grafana-Unraid-Stack docker, as it seems like a really nice, pre-configured all-in-one solution for Grafana, on top of all the individual parts being all together. Unfortunately influxdb just seems to not want to start at all within the container, and it just keeps crashing, according to the log.

Please attach log.

 

Link to post

Can someone help me a little with the configuration of GUS with linuxserver/swag ?

 

I've selected network type: custom (picking the proxynet used by the other services that already use swag), but the docker won't get its ports mapped

 

image.thumb.png.8905ce45cc86616ebbdeaac548034960.png

 

I know that's been written to leave network to host.. but that's why I'm asking for help 👼

Link to post
6 hours ago, rachid596 said:

Hello,

I download your Grafana-Unraid-Stack for test it.

It works very good but in the hdd graph i have the message "No Data".

I choose yes option in the docker template for the USE_HDDTEMP:

I attach some capture.

Thank you very much

You can either edit the graph to change the parameters to use hddtemp or alternatively just wipe your config folder and reinstall with USE_HDDTEMP=no. The panels use SMART, not HDD_Temp. I only included the option because some prefer it over SMART (which is why it defaults to no).

I kinda wonder if I should make a UUD edition that includes @falconexe's dashboard. That looks pretty damn sleek out of the box.

 

4 hours ago, Blaz0r said:

Can someone help me a little with the configuration of GUS with linuxserver/swag ?

 

I've selected network type: custom (picking the proxynet used by the other services that already use swag), but the docker won't get its ports mapped

 

I know that's been written to leave network to host.. but that's why I'm asking for help 👼

Try use host network and in the nginx config file, change:

        set $upstream_app grafana;
        set $upstream_port 3000;

to

        set $upstream_app 192.168.0.2;
        set $upstream_port 3006;

(Replace 192.168.0.2 with the actual IP of your Unraid server).

 

With bridge network (including custom), you have to map the ports yourself (it's the "Add blablabla" at the bottom of the Docker edit GUI). But that shouldn't be necessary with host network.

 

Edited by testdasi
Link to post
38 minutes ago, testdasi said:

Try use host network and in the nginx config file, change:


        set $upstream_app grafana;
        set $upstream_port 3000;

to


        set $upstream_app 192.168.0.2;
        set $upstream_port 3006;

(Replace 192.168.0.2 with the actual IP of your Unraid server).

 

With bridge network (including custom), you have to map the ports yourself (it's the "Add blablabla" at the bottom of the Docker edit GUI). But that shouldn't be necessary with host network.

It worked! Thanks! :) 

Link to post
14 hours ago, JimTebo said:

Was really interested in the Grafana-Unraid-Stack docker, as it seems like a really nice, pre-configured all-in-one solution for Grafana, on top of all the individual parts being all together. Unfortunately influxdb just seems to not want to start at all within the container, and it just keeps crashing, according to the log.

 

Hi Testdasi,

 

It seems that i have the same issue with influxdb crash.

i installed GUS with default parameters and i also tried to change influx port without succes.

 

here are logs:

 

Quote

[info] loki PID: 63
[info] Skip hddtemp healthcheck due to USE_HDDTEMP set to no
[info] telegraf PID: 78
[info] promtail PID: 81
[info] grafana PID: 110

[info] Wait 10 seconds before next healthcheck...
[warn] influxdb crashed, restarting
Starting influxdb...
[warn] influxdb crashed, restarting
Starting influxdb...
influxdb process was unable to start [ FAILED ]
[info] loki PID: 63
[info] Skip hddtemp healthcheck due to USE_HDDTEMP set to no
[info] telegraf PID: 78
[info] promtail PID: 81
[info] grafana PID: 110

[info] Wait 10 seconds before next healthcheck...
[warn] influxdb crashed, restarting
Starting influxdb...
influxdb process was unable to start [ FAILED ]
[info] loki PID: 63
[info] Skip hddtemp healthcheck due to USE_HDDTEMP set to no
[info] telegraf PID: 78
[info] promtail PID: 81
[info] grafana PID: 110

[info] Wait 10 seconds before next healthcheck...
influxdb process was unable to start [ FAILED ]

 

Many thanks for you job and your help!

 

 

 

Link to post
42 minutes ago, testdasi said:

You can either edit the graph to change the parameters to use hddtemp or alternatively just wipe your config folder and reinstall with USE_HDDTEMP=no. The panels use SMART, not HDD_Temp. I only included the option because some prefer it over SMART (which is why it defaults to no).

I kinda wonder if I should make a UUD edition that includes @falconexe's dashboard. That looks pretty damn sleek out of the box.


@testdasi I’m down. Let me know if I can help. We can also coordinate new releases. I’m currently developing version 1.4. And I appreciate your kind words!

Link to post
13 minutes ago, jibo78 said:

It seems that i have the same issue with influxdb crash.

i installed GUS with default parameters and i also tried to change influx port without succes.

Show me your docker settings please. Also go to the folder you map to /config and look for influxd.log under influxdb folder and attach it here. Hopefully it tells me what's wrong.

Link to post
2 hours ago, testdasi said:

Show me your docker settings please. Also go to the folder you map to /config and look for influxd.log under influxdb folder and attach it here. Hopefully it tells me what's wrong.

I have the same issue and it looks like it's related to an internal port 8088

Edit: I had another docker using that port. After changing that, it works now.

2020-09-22T19:48:12.501537Z     info    Go runtime      {"log_id": "0PPqaULG000", "version": "go1.13.8", "maxprocs": 8}
run: open server: listen: listen tcp 127.0.0.1:8088: bind: address already in use

 

Edited by andreidelait
Link to post
2 hours ago, testdasi said:

Show me your docker settings please. Also go to the folder you map to /config and look for influxd.log under influxdb folder and attach it here. Hopefully it tells me what's wrong.

So after checking influxdb.log as you mentioned to jibo, I'm having the issue of port 8088 being bound. I have that port in use on another docker service, and it wasn't listed in used ports so I wasn't aware of the issue. I fixed this by shuffling ports on my other docker service. Thanks for the lead on that, I was a bit blind to the log file inside of influx's folder, sorry.

Link to post
1 hour ago, andreidelait said:

I have the same issue and it looks like it's related to an internal port 8088

Edit: I had another docker using that port. After changing that, it works now.

 

45 minutes ago, JimTebo said:

So after checking influxdb.log as you mentioned to jibo, I'm having the issue of port 8088 being bound. I have that port in use on another docker service, and it wasn't listed in used ports so I wasn't aware of the issue. I fixed this by shuffling ports on my other docker service. Thanks for the lead on that, I was a bit blind to the log file inside of influx's folder, sorry.

 

I hate it when apps do that. That 8088 is for Influx backup / restore but their config file doesn't allow disabling that if not used. And to make it worse, they use a rather common value of 8088.

Sounds like something on the to do list. I'll have to add that to the expose port so it's transparent to people (and probably pick a different port from 8088 - I'm probably just gonna pick 58083 or something random like that).

 

 

 

Link to post

the pihole docker does not display the console. It does respond to ping. 

In the docker log, it says there is a lighttpd error, however in the log it shows, but nothing is present.

 

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] 01-resolver-resolv: applying...
[fix-attrs.d] 01-resolver-resolv: exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 20-start.sh: executing...
::: Starting docker specific checks & setup for docker pihole/pihole
[i] Existing PHP installation detected : PHP version 7.3.19-1~deb10u1


[i] Installing configs from /etc/.pihole...
[i] Existing dnsmasq.conf found... it is not a Pi-hole file, leaving alone!
chown: cannot access '': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access '': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access '/etc/pihole/dhcp.leases': No such file or directory
Setting password: admin
+ pihole -a -p admin ******
[✓] New password set
Using custom DNS servers: 127.1.1.1#5153 & 127.1.1.1#5153
DNSMasq binding to default interface: eth0
Added ENV to php:
"PHP_ERROR_LOG" => "/var/log/lighttpd/error.log",

"ServerIP" => "192.168.1.3",
"VIRTUAL_HOST" => "192.168.1.3",
Using IPv4
::: setup_blocklists now setting default blocklists up:
::: TIP: Use a docker volume for /etc/pihole/adlists.list if you want to customize for first boot
::: Blocklists (/etc/pihole/adlists.list) now set to:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StevenBlack/hosts/master/hosts
https://mirror1.malwaredomains.com/files/justdomains
::: Testing pihole-FTL DNS: FTL started!
::: Testing lighttpd config: Syntax OK
::: All config checks passed, cleared for startup ...
::: Docker start setup complete
[i] Creating new gravity database
[i] Migrating content of /etc/pihole/adlists.list into new database
[✗] DNS resolution is currently unavailable
[cont-init.d] 20-start.sh: exited 1.
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

 

Link to post
On 9/21/2020 at 5:46 AM, Sic79 said:

Worked really nice, thank you for the Docker. I would also love to have monitoring of my APC UPS, or maybe it´s hard to add in your docker since ppl use different brands? I assume if I add that manually it would disappear on a future update?

 

Edit: Did just notice that CPU does not report temp. I have a Intel E5 2697 V3 if that helps

So I have my own Grafana board setup and do not use this container but you should be able to just edit the telegraf.conf and enable the server and enter unraid IP under [[inputs.apcupsd]].  I don't remember having to do anything else to get my APC UPS stats to appear.

Link to post

I am loving GUS - I imported UUD - does your implementation of telegraph include ipmi tools? (https://selfhosters.net/docker/telegraf/ipmi/)  Just trying to figure out if I need to do that or not.

 

Also - does your influxdb have any default credentials?  Please forgive me if you have documentation somewhere with this, I can't find it.

Edited by shwa87
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.