Reduce power consumption with powertop

I'm on a 5800x3d + B550i. My ram was running at XMP 3600C16 which I THINK might've been the culprit of a few unresponsive events I had where I had to force a shutdown. It was either that or Power Supply Idle Control. So I've changed the ram to 3200C16 as well as Power Supply Idle Control to Current. Which would mean effectively disable C6. 

So that's potentially problematic right? If I want the system to idle better. My 1660Ti is already idling at 8w on P8 which is nice. So is PCIE ASPM (have 2 options, L0 and L1 or just L1) be necessary for anything else? NVME drives maybe?

Right now, with powersave governor + 3 HDDs spundown it's idling at 60w. Still very high in my opinion. Would want to push this even lower but don't know where to start. Not sure if it's worth getting powertop running before getting all the correct options in BIOS sorted?

Hi people!

My setup is:

• Mobo: ASRock H670M-ITX/ax
  • RAM: 2X16GB
  • PSU: picoPSU 150w
  • CPU: 13th Gen Intel® Core™ i3-13100 @ 3366 MHz
  • 2 nvme as cache: Crucial P3
  • 2 SSD: 1 Samsung 870QVO and 1 Crucial BX500
  • 2x12TB HDD: 1 parity and 1 data disk

Unfortunately I'm not able to go lower than C3.

image.png.e4e7c60dec7d5d32a420cd5e20dde5e1.png

The ASPM output shows ASPM disabled for 2 devices:

image.thumb.png.84fea1a10801cf22ffc86699c41d994f.png

I've enabled all ASPM settings, p-cores and c-states supports as suggested in the first @mgutt post but I'm still unable to understand why I cannot enable ASPM also for those 2 devices shown in the above output.

These are some of the settings I edited from BIOS:

• CPU C-state support: enabled
  • enhanced halt state(C1E): enabled
  • CPU C6/C7 state support: enabled
  • package Cstate support: enabled
  • CFG lock: enable (don't really know if it's necessary or not)
  • C6 DRAM: enabled
  • PCIE native controll: enabled
  • PCIE ASPM Support: L0S1
  • PH PCIE ASPM Support: L1 (is the only available)
  • DMI ASPM Support: enabled
  • SATA Aggressive link power mode: enabled
  • onboard WAN device: disabled
  • onboard Audio: disabled

I also performed the actions suggested here, using another ssd formatted with windows 11 only to perform those steps:

Actually my power draw from wall is not bad when idle (it flows between 18w/h and 30w/h, especially after I did the above reddit post steps. Before the power draw was pretty stable at 20w in idle), but I think this mobo could consume less if it could reach lower c-states.

EDIT: with ubuntu desktop with the same setup and disks spun down it consumes 16watt, but powertop shows a different interface where cstates are only shown as C1_ACPI,C2_ACPI, C3_ACPI and RC6pp and it reaches C3_ACPI for 97% of the time (don't know if this could help). In addition lspci return all ASPM status as enabled for all the devices.

Do anyone of you have any suggestion for me?

Edited by quietwalker
On 2/1/2024 at 4:27 PM, tmodev said:

I am also trying to apply @genesisdoeswhatnintendont guide to the asrock z790 pro rs d4. I disabled it and my USBs are still working. I think its some sort of RGB LED Controller maybe?

In my case i still cant reach deeper C-States than C3 eventhough I enabled ASPM for all my devices. Enabled C-States. Deactivated every unnecessery device and yet i am only able to reach c3. "Native ASPM" is disabled. Any suggestions what else i could try to tune?

Also does anybody know why i get an error when running lspci -vv | awk '/ASPM/{print $0}' RS= | grep --color -P '(^[a-z0-9:.]+|ASPM )'

could this be the culprit?

EDIT: I am also using a PiKVM which is plugged in via HDMI.

Storage:

3x 1Tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus (can do c10)

8x 16Tb Toshiba MG08 (can do c8 atleast)

grafik.thumb.png.a89a6cb7e87495b8c393a6b9bad82c8b.png

Throttlestop on Windows:

grafik.thumb.png.1e223fc8d11d7e9c1dc020f7ad50b20f.png

perhaps because this patch needs to be included in the kernel?

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email protected]/T/

i have the same issue

On 2/22/2024 at 5:42 PM, samarrs said:

@OrdinaryButt Motherboard is Gigabyte B460 with i3 10th gen. I have gone through the bios settings multiple times with all the suggested settings done. But I will re-check again. What is Speed state and stepping? Any relative setting on Gigabyte Bios I want to look for?

Make sure speed stepping is enabled.
If you execute this command, you should see individual core frequencies fluctuating. Mine goes down to as low as 800mhz
watch grep \"cpu MHz\" /proc/cpuinfo

I was doing some maintenance today and updated to 6.12.8. Afterwards I noted my power consumption had increased by about 8W (direct measurement at inline meter). I checked powertop and confirmed my package C3 state is now only about 18%; it used to be around 55%.  I have checked tunables all are "Good", Wakeup all are disabled, and ASPM are all enabled.

Edit: I have removed FCP and rebooted.  The C3 state went from 55% --> 18% about ten minutes after startup; the below observation was just a coincidence. Nothing else changes in the sys logs at that moment.

Here is the strange thing that I noticed after several reboots and checks: The system starts at 55% in package C3 and the exact moment Fix Common Problems Version 2024.02.22 shows up in the logs, C3 drops to 18% and power consumption jumps up about 8W.

Since this plugin was recently updated (2 days ago), I am not sure if the C3 state accompanied Fix Common Problems or the system update I did today.

Any thoughts as to what in FCP (or the system update) could be affecting my C3 state?

Edited by jamikest

I recently upgraded my server from Intel 6th gen (6700) to 12th gen (12700K), I noticed that my Windows VM now prevents my system to go to even C2 state on idle. On the previous system with the Windows VM on, it could still go to C2 for 40-55%.

Weird thing is that on the new system with Ubuntu VM on, it can still reach even C3 state when idle.

Seems like GPU PCIe passthrough related after some investigation. After turning off the Windows VM, the GPU (RTX 3060 Ti) halts the system to be at C2. Only after running auto-tune command again or changing the tunables for that GPU allow the system to go to C3 state again.

I actually had similar experience with the Ubuntu VM initially. I added eGPU (T600) and it prevents the system to go on lower C states until I finished installing the nvidia drivers, then it works fine.

I did clean install on nvidia drivers for the Windows VM but seems like it does not fix the issue.

It's quite a thorn on my side as turning on VM prevents CPU on lower C state, but then turning it off cause the GPU to not go on low power mode because of no drivers. I could install the nvidia plugin and run the script as SpaceinvaderOne's guide but I assume I need to uninstall the plugin before turning on the VM since the note on the plugin says that it shouldn't be installed if the GPU is going the be put to passthrough.

Anyone has similar thing occurring on your system? Or any suggestion on where this behaviour could be from? Or is it just a Windows 11 thing....?

On 1/18/2024 at 2:42 AM, genesisdoeswhatnintendont said:

Good news everyone!

I managed to get C10 pkg C-State (previously I get no higher than C3) on

Asrock LGA1700 mobo and you can too. Yay!

My setup is:

Motherboard: Asrock H610M-ITX/ac
CPU: i5-12500
NVME: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb
SSD: PLEXTOR PX-128M (only used on Windows) / 2x2.5" HDD: 250GB Samsung HM250HI + 4TB Seagate ST4000LM016 (on Proxmox)
RAM: 2x32Gb Samsung DDR4 3200
PSU: Corsair RM650x 2021

So you have to enable/change hidden BIOS menus by using AMISCE (AMI Setup Control Environment) utility v5.03 or 5.05 for Windows (it sometimes provided with MSI software products and can easily be found on the internet). So you have to install Windows and to enable Administrator password in your BIOS.

1 Run Powershell as admin and cd to folder where your AMISCE extracted when run this command:

.\SCEWIN_64.exe /o /s '.\setup_script_file.txt' /a

In the setup_script_file.txt current values is marked with asterisk “*”.

Our goal is to change “Lower Power S0 Idle Capability” from 0x0 (Disabled) to 0x1 (Enabled).

From the command line you can check value/status by this command:

.\SCEWIN_64.exe /o /lang 'en-US' /ms "Low Power S0 Idle Capability" /hb

“*” next to “[00]Disabled” indicates it currently disabled. Then change it:

.\SCEWIN_64.exe /i /lang 'en-US' /ms "Low Power S0 Idle Capability" /qv 0x1 /cpwd YOUR-BIOS-ADMIN-PASSWORD /hb

Check again:

.\SCEWIN_64.exe /o /lang 'en-US' /ms "Low Power S0 Idle Capability" /hb

I also changed this settings because I wanted to :)

.\SCEWIN_64.exe /i /lang 'en-US' /ms "LED MCU" /qv 0x0 /hb
.\SCEWIN_64.exe /i /lang 'en-US' /ms "Native ASPM" /qv 0x0 /cpwd YOUR-BIOS-ADMIN-PASSWORD /hb
.\SCEWIN_64.exe /i /lang 'en-US' /ms "Discrete Bluetooth Interface" /qv 0x0 /cpwd YOUR-BIOS-ADMIN-PASSWORD /hb
.\SCEWIN_64.exe /i /lang 'en-US' /ms "UnderVolt Protection" /qv 0x0 /hb
.\SCEWIN_64.exe /i /lang 'en-US' /ms "Password protection of Runtime Variables" /qv 0x0 /cpwd YOUR-BIOS-ADMIN-PASSWORD /hb

2 Another approach is to edit setup_script_file.txt manually by changing the asterisk location. And then:

.\SCEWIN_64.exe /i /s '.\setup_script_file_S0_enable.txt' /ds /r

Finally, reboot your machine.

In Windows I have C8 pkg C-State (Throttlestop utility) and 4.5 watts from the wall at idle (display went to sleep).

in Proxmox (sorry I don't use Unraid but this forum is a godsend) as you see I have

C10 (couldn't believe my eyes at first) and 5.5 - 6 watts from the wall with disks spinned down (added 2 2,5" HDDs: 250GB Samsung HM250HI and 4TB Seagate ST4000LM016 instead of Plextor SSD)

This guide was heavily inspired by another guide (I don't know if it's allowed to post links to another forums but you can find it by searching "Enabling hidden BIOS settings on Gigabyte Z690 mainboards")

2024-01-17-15:48:48-screenshot.png

this is suppose to be same program mention https://github.com/amitxv/SCEWIN/ ? i tried to follow everything and my motherboard keep prevent me going lower than 14 watts or 17.5 watt with display output

My setup :

i3-12100

Asrock B660m-itx/ac

Team Elite Plus DDR4 32GB
Corsair SF450

Crucial P3 Plus (Windows boot)

SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB USB (Ubuntu Boot)
APC BVX700LUI-MS

first time i flash this motherboard everything was right without any problem. however at output said "nothing change" at .\SCEWIN_64.exe /i /lang 'en-US' /ms "LED MCU" /qv 0x0 /hb

then i tried flash again but it said unknown command 1.jpg?ex=65ed6b0d&is=65daf60d&hm=4f2132a

next, i enable most of ASPM option in biosimage.png?ex=65ed3393&is=65dabe93&hm=c63

image.png?ex=65ed33b2&is=65dabeb2&hm=d60

then, boot to usb ubuntu to run powertop. it didn't show c state of my motherboard, however when i check on power usage suppose to be in C3 with 17.5 watt. device stats show my keyboard has "bad' stats so i remove during test, i tried unplug display and has 14 watt idle

image.png?ex=65ed3194&is=65dabc94&hm=c09

i did try to flash again, but it didn't work again. does i use correct app to do flash my motherboard ? i see everyone can get below 10 watt idle than me stuck at 17 watts :(

edit :
after changing PCIE ASPM Support to L0s, i able to hit c8 and c10 state but power usage at 14-15 watts with display output (c8 idle) and 12 watts without display (c10)
image.png?ex=65ed826e&is=65db0d6e&hm=e50

i put back crucial p3 plus, and run powertop again at same settings, my pkg stucks at C3 around 15watt with display and 14watts without display, i probably change this ssd to sata in future
image.png?ex=65ed972f&is=65db222f&hm=d5d

even though i able to hit c10 but usage on tuya app show 12 watt idle still bummers for me. do you have more suggestion to do with it ? i'm looking more suggestion to able hit c10 states with power usage less that 10 watts :D

Edited by Ellissss
more information
On 2/25/2024 at 11:19 AM, Ellissss said:

however at output said "nothing change" at .\SCEWIN_64.exe /i /lang 'en-US' /ms "LED MCU" /qv 0x0 /hb

1 You have to check your "setup_script_file.txt" or whatewer you named it, maybe you don't have this parameter at all or it has a different name in your BIOS

2 But what is more important, this parameter is OPTIONAL. It is not necessary to thange it.

Your screenshot shows that Low Power S0 Idle Capability is already *[01]Enabled

So maybe your PSU is the culprit

From the OP:

So don't think for example a Corsair SF450 is more efficient than the Corsair RM550x (2021) although the former is Platinum grade . It's not. I have both and the Platinum looses 4W more at 10W load.

UPD.

Have you tried to change Enhanced Halt State(C1E) from Auto to Enabled ?

Edited by genesisdoeswhatnintendont
19 hours ago, genesisdoeswhatnintendont said:

1 You have to check your "setup_script_file.txt" or whatewer you named it, maybe you don't have this parameter at all or it has a different name in your BIOS

2 But what is more important, this parameter is OPTIONAL. It is not necessary to thange it.

Your screenshot shows that Low Power S0 Idle Capability is already *[01]Enabled

So maybe you PSU is the culprit

From the OP:

UPD.

Have you tried to change Enhanced Halt State(C1E) from Auto to Enabled ?

alright, probably my psu prevent me to enter less 10 watt idle. i remember already enable Enhanced Halt State(C1E) on second test where i get 12 watt idle without ssd. for psu, i looking alternative at SFX size because i already had Jonsbo n2.

however after trying more, your advice completely is work on my side (if not psu prevent me to have 10 watts idle :( ). thanks mate

Edited by Ellissss
  • Like 1
On 2/23/2024 at 9:12 PM, quietwalker said:

Do anyone of you have any suggestion for me?

I'm glad I posted this guide on Reddit too lol

The 1st issue is probably Realtec LAN

The 2nd guess is Crucial P3 (check this post by @Ellissss , C3 with p3 plus and C10 without)

On 2/25/2024 at 11:19 AM, Ellissss said:

i put back crucial p3 plus, and run powertop again at same settings, my pkg stucks at C3 around 15watt with display and 14watts without display, i probably change this ssd to sata in future

On 2/28/2024 at 12:14 PM, ChatNoir said:

As a general rule, this forum is for Unraid related questions. (except specific subforums like Lounge)

I was asking because I'm looking for a solution to my problem of pkg getting stuck in C3.
Unfortunately I can't test on Unraid. But I've found the culprit, it's the realtek rlt8111h NIC that someone has already mentioned here. 
This forum and this topic are a mine of useful information.

When I unplug the ethernet cable, I can reach 45% of C3 and 45% of C8.
If I completely disable the ethernet port in the bios, I easily reach 90% of C8.

I was wondering if anyone had managed to fix the problem on unraid with this NIC realtek 8111h or if the only solution is to buy an Intel NIC in M.2 AE key for example.

BTW, I'm using a hp prodesk mini G4 400.

Realtek network drivers has been fecked over the latest LINUX KERNAL because someone reported a bug.

So it is upstream of any linux based OS.

Once / IF resolved the fix should come back downstream to us all.

Until then you have to manually enable ASPM.

Edited by dopeytree
On 2/14/2024 at 5:35 PM, de-sascha said:

Hi long pause between. But today I tried on my  ASUS Pro H610T D4-CSM

echo 1 | sudo tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/r8169/0000\:02\:00.0/link/l1_aspm

To activate L1 ASPM on the Realtek RTL8111H

But I don't know why I don't have permissions to. See:

root@nasnas:~# lspci -vv | awk '/ASPM/{print $0}' RS= | grep --color -P '(^[a-z0-9:.]+|ASPM )'
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Alder Lake-S PCH PCI Express Root Port #1 (rev 11) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        LnkCap:    Port #1, Speed 8GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <1us, L1 <4us
        LnkCtl:    ASPM L0s L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes, Disabled- CommClk-
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 7aba (rev 11) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        LnkCap:    Port #3, Speed 8GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <64us
        LnkCtl:    ASPM L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes, Disabled- CommClk+
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)
        LnkCap:    Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s unlimited, L1 <64us
        LnkCtl:    ASPM L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes, Disabled- CommClk+

root@nasnas:~# echo 1 | sudo tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/r8169/0000\:02\:00.0/link/l1_aspm
tee: '/sys/bus/pci/drivers/r8169/0000:02:00.0/link/l1_aspm': Permission denied

UPDATE!
ENABLE native ASPM support in BIOS fixed the permission issue 
Mean ENABLE = OS ASPM support not BIOS support which is disable state.

UPDATE2: 

C10 Working now!
Without HDDs connected around 5 Watt idle load

I need to enable ASPM on the Realtek NIC manuel: 
You can simple use this Shell script. But may you need edit the Endpoint like here: 02:00.0

#!/bin/bash

# Execute lspci -vv and filter lines containing ASPM
# Then grep for lines containing Ethernet controller
# Finally, print all lines beginning from the Ethernet controller line to the end
output=$(lspci -vv | awk '/ASPM/{print $0}' RS= | grep --color -P '(^[a-z0-9:.]+|ASPM )' | awk '/Ethernet controller/{found=1} found')

# Check if "ASPM Disabled" appears after finding the Ethernet controller
if echo "$output" | grep -q "ASPM Disabled"; then
    echo "ASPM Disabled for Ethernet controller"
    sleep 2
    # Run the command to enable ASPM
    echo "Enabling L1 ASPM for Ethernet controller"
    echo
    set -x
    echo 1 | sudo tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/r8169/0000:02:00.0/link/l1_aspm >/dev/null
    set +x
    # Sleep for 3 seconds
    sleep 3
    # Check again if ASPM is now enabled
    new_output=$(lspci -vv | awk '/ASPM/{print $0}' RS= | grep --color -P '(^[a-z0-9:.]+|ASPM )' | awk '/Ethernet controller/{found=1} found')
    if echo "$new_output" | grep -q "ASPM Disabled"; then
        echo
        echo "ASPM still Disabled after attempting to enable"
    else
        echo
        echo "ASPM Enabled for Ethernet controller"
        echo "$new_output"
        echo
        echo "Use powertop and check the C-States"
    fi
else
    echo
    echo "ASPM Enabled for Ethernet controller"
    echo "$new_output"
    echo
    echo "Use powertop and check the C-States"
fi

Hi, i also have the denied permission, i don't have your motherboard, not sure to have this bios setting. (hp prodesk G4 400 mini)

On 3/1/2024 at 10:06 AM, darkside40 said:

Hmm Powertop 2.15 shows nothing unter Pkg(HW). Is the Core i3-10100 to new for that?

I mean that CPU is a couple of years old.

image.thumb.png.4fbd3eade50634e473aefd26fc6cbeab.png

Did you enable APSM / power management C-state in the bios ? Not "auto" but need to be "enabled"

Yes i did and according to the drop of used power after setting all this it is working, only Powertop does not show anything.

I mean obviously that is only a cosmetic issue for me, because i can see the positive results that my unRaid now needs less energy ideling

Hi everyone

I just build an Unraid Server build on a Asrock N100M motherboard with 3*8 TB HDD, and 3*1 TB SSD (using a sata controller)

I want to try to power optimize the setup.

I have installed Powertop, like described in the first post.

But i get this result when running 'powertop':

root@Tower:~# powertop
powertop: /lib64/libncursesw.so.6: no version information available (required by powertop)
powertop: /lib64/libtinfo.so.6: no version information available (required by powertop)
modprobe cpufreq_stats failed
Cannot load from file /var/cache/powertop/saved_results.powertop
Cannot load from file /var/cache/powertop/saved_parameters.powertop
File will be loaded after taking minimum number of measurement(s) with battery only 
RAPL device for cpu 0
RAPL Using PowerCap Sysfs : Domain Mask 5
RAPL device for cpu 0
Devfreq not enabled
glob returned GLOB_ABORTED
File will be loaded after taking minimum number of measurement(s) with battery only 

When i run 'powertop --auto-tune' i get this result:

root@Tower:~# powertop --auto-tune
powertop: /lib64/libncursesw.so.6: no version information available (required by powertop)
powertop: /lib64/libtinfo.so.6: no version information available (required by powertop)
modprobe cpufreq_stats failed
Cannot load from file /var/cache/powertop/saved_results.powertop
RAPL device for cpu 0
RAPL device for cpu 0
Devfreq not enabled
glob returned GLOB_ABORTED
Leaving PowerTOP

What can I do about the /lib64/libncursesw.so.6 error and the other one,

The strange thing, the same USB stick (with unraid on) running on a 10 year old server, there it works fine (I have updated unraid since)

Any tips?

So, as you can see below. This is my current ASPM levels for a Gigabyte B550i. I'm a bit afraid of running powertop blindly. Does anyone have any idea, judging from the below list if there should be any obvious problems? I don't get why the Sabrent NVME has ASPM disabled when it definitely even supports L1.2. 

What kind of gains, if any could I expect from even running it? Currently idling at 58-60W with HDDs spun down.

00:01.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Starship/Matisse GPP Bridge (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
                LnkCap: Port #1, Speed 16GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <64us
                LnkCtl: ASPM L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes, Disabled- CommClk+
00:01.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Starship/Matisse GPP Bridge (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 16GT/s, Width x8, ASPM not supported
                LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes, Disabled- CommClk+
00:03.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Starship/Matisse GPP Bridge (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 16GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <64us
00:07.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Starship/Matisse Internal PCIe GPP Bridge 0 to bus[E:B] (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 16GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
00:08.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Starship/Matisse Internal PCIe GPP Bridge 0 to bus[E:B] (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 16GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
01:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Micron/Crucial Technology P2 [Nick P2] / P3 / P3 Plus NVMe PCIe SSD (DRAM-less) (rev 01) (prog-if 02 [NVM Express])
                LnkCap: Port #1, Speed 16GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 unlimited
02:00.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] 500 Series Chipset USB 3.1 XHCI Controller (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 8GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <2us, L1 <32us
02:00.1 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] 500 Series Chipset SATA Controller (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 8GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <2us, L1 <32us
02:00.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] 500 Series Chipset Switch Upstream Port (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
                LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; Disabled- CommClk+
03:04.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 43ea (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
                LnkCap: Port #4, Speed 8GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <64us
03:08.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 43ea (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
                LnkCap: Port #8, Speed 8GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <64us
03:09.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 43ea (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
                LnkCap: Port #9, Speed 8GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <64us
pcilib: sysfs_read_vpd: read failed: No such device
04:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Phison Electronics Corporation E12 NVMe Controller (rev 01) (prog-if 02 [NVM Express])
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 8GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <64us
05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller (rev 05)
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s unlimited, L1 <64us
06:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (rev 1a)
                LnkCap: Port #9, Speed 5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <8us
07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 [GeForce GTX 1660 Ti] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 8GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <512ns, L1 <16us
07:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 8GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <512ns, L1 <4us
                LnkCtl: ASPM L0s L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes, Disabled- CommClk+
07:00.2 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 USB 3.1 Host Controller (rev a1) (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 8GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <512ns, L1 <16us
07:00.3 Serial bus controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU116 USB Type-C UCSI Controller (rev a1)
08:00.0 Non-Essential Instrumentation [1300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Starship/Matisse PCIe Dummy Function
09:00.0 Non-Essential Instrumentation [1300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Starship/Matisse Reserved SPP
09:00.1 Encryption controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Starship/Matisse Cryptographic Coprocessor PSPCPP
09:00.3 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Matisse USB 3.0 Host Controller (prog-if 30 [XHCI])