[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

ich777

28 minutes ago, alitech said:

How do I get the GPU stats on the GUI main page? I thought that was an automatic thing, unless the settings are messed up somewhere?

Install the plugin and configure it.

It's a dedicated plugin.

• Like 1

Hi all, I'm wondering if there's any way (without a VM) to set the fan curve on an Nvidia GPU in unraid? I'd like to increase the temp at which the fans kick in, at this point it seems to try to keep the GPU under 50 degrees but it could happily run hotter than that and the fan noise is noticeable with where my server has to sit unfortunately. 

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

Install the plugin and configure it.

It's a dedicated plugin.

Thank you for this, but I dont see the option to get the graphics stats on the plugin page for this plugin. Any help much appreciated. 

I just want to see the GPU stats on the home page like I used to. 

There is nothing on the docker page either for this plugin, just the plugin page which shows me update options. 

image.thumb.png.d08243ddbf677c07502efe6ded3f341d.png

Edited by alitech
5 minutes ago, alitech said:

I just want to see the GPU stats on the home page like I used to. 

As said, it's a dedicated plugin and not part of the Nvidia Driver plugin:

grafik.png.43c16bcb3685432a4e11aab7a2d40b38.png

Install it, configure it on the Settings page and after that you will see it on the Dashboard.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, skwisgaarz said:

It said in the OS update dialog that I should hold off rebooting until this is sorted.

Do you have a active Internet connection on boot? So to speak no Firewall or AdBlocking running on Unraid which would prevent Unraid accessing the Internet on boot?

It should be safe to reboot if you have a active Internet connection since the plugin tries to download the driver on boot too, but keep in mind that the boot maybe takes a bit longer since it has to download the driver (about 200MB).

If you don't have a active Internet connection uninstall the driver, reboot and install the driver again -> maybe reboot after that again or simply restart the Docker service.

If you run into issues after the reboot simply do the following:

1. Check on the Plugins page in Unraid if you have an Plugins Error tab (remove the plugin from there if you have such a tab)
  2. Reboot
  3. Install the Plugin from the CA App
  4. Reboot (or restart the Docker service)
27 minutes ago, ich777 said:

As said, it's a dedicated plugin and not part of the Nvidia Driver plugin:

grafik.png.43c16bcb3685432a4e11aab7a2d40b38.png

Install it, configure it on the Settings page and after that you will see it on the Dashboard.

Thank you for this. I am a noob and I thought it was all in one package. Sorry and thank you

26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you have a active Internet connection on boot? So to speak no Firewall or AdBlocking running on Unraid which would prevent Unraid accessing the Internet on boot?

It should be safe to reboot if you have a active Internet connection since the plugin tries to download the driver on boot too, but keep in mind that the boot maybe takes a bit longer since it has to download the driver (about 200MB).

If you don't have a active Internet connection uninstall the driver, reboot and install the driver again -> maybe reboot after that again or simply restart the Docker service.

If you run into issues after the reboot simply do the following:

1. Check on the Plugins page in Unraid if you have an Plugins Error tab (remove the plugin from there if you have such a tab)
  2. Reboot
  3. Install the Plugin from the CA App
  4. Reboot (or restart the Docker service)

I thought I would have an active internet connection on launch. I Rebooted but it was showing as a plugin error so I deleted it from that page and rebooted then tried installed the plug in again, but got this error when trying to install it

error.png

Edited by skwisgaarz
6 minutes ago, skwisgaarz said:

Rebooted but it was showing as a plugin error so I deleted it from that page and rebooted then tried installed the plug in again, but got this error when trying to install it

Do you have any Unifi network gear or AdBlocking on your network?

Please make sure that your Server is able to communicate with the GitHub API.

Please open up a Unraid Terminal and execute this command:

wget -qO- https://api.github.com/repos/ich777/unraid-nvidia-driver/releases/tags/$(uname -r) | jq -r '.assets[].name' | grep "nvidia" | grep -E -v '\.md5$' | sort -V | tail -1

It should return:

nvidia-550.40.07-6.1.74-Unraid-1.txz

If nothing is returned then something is blocking the access to the GitHub API on your network.

I'm just running an asus router, no firewalls or adblocking on my network. In the past I've been able to download the drivers fine with the same network set up. 

I ran that command but the terminal does nothing. Not sure if this is relevant but I clicked on the url in the command on a device on the same network and I get the attached api error.

terminal.png

api.png

6 minutes ago, skwisgaarz said:

api.png

Are you using the GitHub API?

I can only think that you are behind a CG-NAT and your public IP is shared with other users from your ISP and someone is using the GitHub API quiet heavily.

Could that be the case or do you have a dedicated public IP address?

8 minutes ago, skwisgaarz said:

relevant

You can run this command:

wget -qO- https://api.github.com/rate_limit | jq -r

There you can see information about the GitHub rate limit:

grafik.png.d81607e3f2b6c996cf31bad586e849fe.png

The free tier is 60 and right below that line you can see the remaining ones, you will also see the reset time which is displayed in a Unix timestamp that you can convert here.

Maybe try to convert the reset time on the linked page above and try downloading the the driver quickly when the reset from the API call is triggered (maybe run the command from above first to see if there are API calls available).

I have a static IP.

Running that rate limit command shows 52 remaining under resources.

Gotta be honest I don't fully understand your last paragraph. Do you mean wait until the reset number from the command lines up with the unix time and try to install the plug in asap after that?

52 remaining.png

7 minutes ago, skwisgaarz said:

Sorry to make you chase this up, I should have noticed that error.

No worries, I think that some container is using your API calls and that's why it is failing sometimes.

Do you have a Docker container installed that monitors uptime or something like that? I remember a few people reporting a similar issue here and they discovered that this container is calling the GitHub API really heavily.

EDIT: The container was PiAlert:

7 minutes ago, skwisgaarz said:

Yea nah nothing like that. Super weird.

Maybe check from time to time where you see the rate limit, usually nothing should use the rate limit.

The driver checks once a day if a new version is available but that would only require one API call per day by the plugin.

However, glad that it's working now and sorry for the inconvenience.

On 3/7/2024 at 6:02 AM, alturismo said:

check

BIOS (latest version)

disable powersaving features

power supply enough

try another slot on the board

thats overall a hardware issue ... frustrating, but overall a trial & error procedure where the error is

On 3/7/2024 at 7:30 AM, ich777 said:

As @alturismo already pointed out, XID 79 is a pretty generic error but most of the times related to the card itself, you can get more information here.

Thanks for the tips! Fixed the issue by upgrading from Corsair SF600 to SF750. Have been 8 days without issues now.

• Like 2

I've tried looking through this thread but there's nearly 160 pages now.

Can someone tell me if I install a Tesla P4 card (datacenter card) into my server, which driver should I be choosing? 

I'm not particularly confident that I know the option differences here, what are the pros/cons to the production/new feature/open source drivers? 

Will any of the 3 work w/ the Tesla P4?

9 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

Can someone tell me if I install a Tesla P4 card (datacenter card) into my server, which driver should I be choosing? 

The default one.

9 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

I'm not particularly confident that I know the option differences here, what are the pros/cons to the production/new feature/open source drivers? 

If you are planing to use them in Docker containers for HW acceleration or LLMs not much difference at all.

Latest is fine.