Dynamix File Manager

14 minutes ago, Joly0 said:

Hey, would it be possible to get support for more file extension? For example json is a file extension that i use quite often, but isnt supported, or toml, yaml or those text based configuration files. Or an option to add those simply manually by ourselves would be cool :)

go to Main - boot (flashdrive) - config - and edit file named editor.cfg

my is :

txt
js
php
page
plg
xml
old
bak
log
css
html
sample
json
ini
pem
htaccess
reg
bat
yml
yaml
gcode
md
srt
cnf
env
REC
editorconfig
local
mmdb
properties
cfg-
sh
mp4
toml

41 minutes ago, Aeloth said:

go to Main - boot (flashdrive) - config - and edit file named editor.cfg

my is :

txt
js
php
page
plg
xml
old
bak
log
css
html
sample
json
ini
pem
htaccess
reg
bat
yml
yaml
gcode
md
srt
cnf
env
REC
editorconfig
local
mmdb
properties
cfg-
sh
mp4
toml

Ah, thanks a lot, didnt knew there was a config file for that

So when its locked up, how do we restart it?  I tried to change ownership of a share after a while the window closed itself, but now i cannot do ANYTHING in File Manager.  When i click on any action, or check box i get a no smoking sign and "job running".  great...what job where, and how do i kill it?
(and no i cant just reboot my unraid box when this happens in the middle of a work week)

Edited by miicar
12 hours ago, isvein said:

I got this today, but I guess that kind of file is one of the kinds you should NOT hash since it gets changed a lot.
Is there an list of common extensions you should exclude?

corrupt.JPG

That's more for the file integrity plugin thread since that's where it comes from, but no. Any file extension can just as much be a useless log than super important...

Edited by Kilrah
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So i have seen this mentioned in this forum, but i'll just share my experiences.  

I was copying a couple of large backups (4TBish), of random sized files from GB to KB in size, to a new pool with FM.  I noticed the "% done" message jumped to around 80% right away, and the ETA seemed wrong (transfer speed was always correct/matched the speeds shown in the main tab of unraid).  After roughly half the files had copied over I noticed the % had jumped to high 90%'s (and the time-left still all over the place).  The files moved as expected, so it wasn't a game changer, just annoying!  
It seems that with lower sized transfers, i don't have this annoyance (or at least its not noticable).

I also would like to echo what other were saying.  Having a que system, for after you have already started an operation in FM, would be super helpful!

• Like 1
On 10/25/2023 at 6:44 PM, miicar said:

So when its locked up, how do we restart it?  I tried to change ownership of a share after a while the window closed itself, but now i cannot do ANYTHING in File Manager.  When i click on any action, or check box i get a no smoking sign and "job running".  great...what job where, and how do i kill it?
(and no i cant just reboot my unraid box when this happens in the middle of a work week)

have the same issue, seems a bit random when it kicks in, now I unmounted the disk device (I am copying disk from old server to new one). 70% of the time the job queue seems to work and finish and let me create a new job. when it doesn't it just blocks from doing any file activity on the mounted disk. I managed to stop the array and unmount and remount and it let me start a new job.. not the most elegant way of doing it.. I haven't yet looked to find the right process and just kill that.. definitely think this needs looking at.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been pointed to this plugin from Fix Common Problems, as I have some shares which are set to be protected but files / folders exist on unprotected pool.

I have installed and read the Dynamix File Manager PDF but I can't see where this plugin will help with my problem, as the move files only allows me to move things between shares not pools.

Am I missing something obvious?

may a general question about the GUI and updating ...

once i start a job and keep the UI open, i can simply minimize the window and return it, the status, speed, rest time ...

keeps updating as expected.

once i disconnect and reconnect (same mashine, different mashine, ...) i see its "stalled" in the bottom line

sample here

image.thumb.png.efa50a0a27fcfe60171fd7546deeccf2.png

the bottom Line wont update at all anymore, it will be gone "sometime" once the job is done .... 

also bringing it up wont show any progress anymore etc ...

sample here

image.thumb.png.58b0a4e90f860722aabd50035d9cc078.png

this is all just "cosmetic" and would be nice if the progress would be somehow updated when reconnecting, ...

i know the job is still working and in the end it will be done, just as note ... already moved 9 TB in "slices" and always wited until the job was done.

tested on 2 different Servers, 2 different Clients (webui access) with 2 different (more or less) browsers (chrome, edge)

Servers where both 6.12.6, Clients where Laptops (Dell, HP)

• Like 1
On 12/7/2023 at 5:11 PM, Camnomis said:

I have installed and read the Dynamix File Manager PDF but I can't see where this plugin will help with my problem, as the move files only allows me to move things between shares not pools.

You have to start with a pool to be able to move files between pools.    

What you are not allowed to do is copy share->pool or pool->share as this can lead to data loss.

@bonienl Perhaps a stupid question. Where can I see that a Job Queue ended successful?

I did create a lengthy Job Queue, did start it and left the GUI. Some hours later, back to the GUI, I couldn't find a single note regarding the Job. Would it be possible to add successful or failing Jobs to the notification system (Red, Green). 

Or did I miss something?

On 12/9/2023 at 7:06 AM, alturismo said:

i know the job is still working and in the end it will be don

How do you know? Did it an hour ago with three folders to move.

At the end the bottom line was showing a stalled output. The disks (source and target) were spun-down.

I checked the source folders: They still did exist (why, when moving them?). But they were empty.

I checked the target folders: They did exist and they did contain the files but I had fear that these were sparse files.

I checked notification system and syslog: No information about the process.

IMHO this needs some better information for users and possibly better integration into Unraid (Notification system?).

1 hour ago, hawihoney said:

How do you know? Did it an hour ago with three folders to move.

;) ... i know ... i just mirrored my complete array as i switched from parity setup to simple mirror to my 2nd Unraid.

so i just simply used open files lookup on the drive ...

lsof -a /mnt/source/
lsof -a /mnt/target/

but i totally aggree and thats why i also opened the "request" to "fix" this behaviour ...

• Thanks 1

@bonienl May I ask for a future enhancement here?

Something I thought what would be standard in Web GUIs does not work in DFM. I'm talking about multiple selections of folders/files (the checkboxes) with the help of the SHIFT and CTRL keys.

IMHO this would be a great step forward.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by hawihoney
  • Upvote 3