[PLUG-IN] NerdTools

is there a way to lazy load the packages with nerdtools?

I need python for some of my automation scripts, but setting up python during bootup slows down the boot significantly. I would prefer if python setup happened after system bootup, even if it means I may not have a working python for some time after system startup (I can always check for python availability and make my scripts safe)

Is there a way to achieve this behaviour?

21 hours ago, apandey said:

is there a way to lazy load the packages with nerdtools?

I need python for some of my automation scripts, but setting up python during bootup slows down the boot significantly. I would prefer if python setup happened after system bootup, even if it means I may not have a working python for some time after system startup (I can always check for python availability and make my scripts safe)

Is there a way to achieve this behaviour?

It occurs to me that you could use the user script plugin and make a script there that installs python when the array boots for example

3 hours ago, jsavargas said:

It occurs to me that you could use the user script plugin and make a script there that installs python when the array boots for example

Yes, that would be my backup plan, or migrate my scripts to bash. I was hoping to leverage the install method already in the plugin

On 1/21/2023 at 6:19 PM, zoro25 said:

Perfect , 
thanks I managed to get it installed. 

Once again thank you.

how did you install this?  im pretty new to unraid. let alone this plugin.  Thanks!

EDIT: i figured it out! 

Edited by goldenpipes
figured it out!
5 hours ago, apandey said:

Yes, that would be my backup plan, or migrate my scripts to bash. I was hoping to leverage the install method already in the plugin

is that the plugin takes advantage of the method suggested by unraid, at startup, which is exactly what you don't want, so you can use other alternatives, such as user script, there you can install in another startup stage, such as the array

2 hours ago, jsavargas said:

is that the plugin takes advantage of the method suggested by unraid, at startup

As I see, the plugin does at least 2 things:

1. Install the software in a way that it works with unraid

2. Do it at startup

I don't want 2, but would appreciate not having to reinvent 1. If I am overthinking this, maybe there is a one liner package manager command already to install. Would I be using pkgtool to do this? 

On 2/25/2023 at 11:07 AM, jsavargas said:

It is stored in the root user's home, in /root

this is the content of mine

image.png.f9a1d08028627295a63b9f941a3706c8.png

Thanks for this -- one thing i've noticed.  I'll create and customize my tmux.conf but after restart it's gone.  How can I make it persist after restarting?