[Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2.5

KluthR

On 4/13/2023 at 10:37 AM, KluthR said:

Hmm.

cant tell. I dont think it has a bug. In any case, I ask you to try it within the new appdata.backup plugin as soon as Unraid 6.12 is done. If the issue persists, Ill check it.

Update on this: Checked the backup after removing that path exclusion and it had the data folder as expected. So looks like there's a bug in the path matching, applying the data subfolder exclusion to all other folders.

1 hour ago, tlrmcknz said:

So looks like there's a bug in the path matching,

I need some clarification…

do we talk about ca.backup2? If yes, your exclusion works as expected.

if not, then we talk about appdata.backup. Post in the right thread with the debug log attached, please

Edited by KluthR
On 4/21/2023 at 5:21 PM, starwak3 said:

I just uninstalled the deprecated plugin and copied the paths over to KluthR's plugin. I get the below message in red

As far as I can see, this is a permanent note saying, you should use an extra folder for the backup destnation.

i want to restore only one app. How can i do this?

SOrry, not possible with the old ca.backup2

Edited by KluthR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello

I have a problem with the backup:

[25.04.2023 11:01:57] Backing Up
[25.04.2023 11:02:35] Verifying Backup 
./observium/databases/ib_logfile0: Mod time differs
./observium/databases/ib_logfile0: Contents differ
./pihole/pihole/pihole-FTL.db: Mod time differs
./pihole/pihole/pihole-FTL.db: Contents differ
[25.04.2023 11:03:08] tar verify failed!
[25.04.2023 11:03:08] done
[25.04.2023 11:03:09] A error occurred somewhere. Not deleting old backup sets of appdata
[25.04.2023 11:03:09] Backup / Restore Completed

However, this is only the case if I do not turn off the PiHole container. With older versions, it was no problem to secure the Pi-Hole container while it was running!
Is there a solution to this?

34 minutes ago, Toby-ch said:

With older versions, it was no problem to secure the Pi-Hole container while it was running!

Because it was not checked correctly. That was a big which is being fixed.

34 minutes ago, Toby-ch said:

Is there a solution to this?

There is no problem. Without stopping, no consistent backup. So the real issue existed with the old behavior 

On 4/21/2023 at 2:43 PM, KluthR said:

I need some clarification…

do we talk about ca.backup2? If yes, your exclusion works as expected.

if not, then we talk about appdata.backup. Post in the right thread with the debug log attached, please

Referring to this post: 

Where I had an exclusion of "/mnt/user/appdata/data" but that was causing "/mnt/user/appdata/ms-sql-server/data" to be excluded from the backup.

Edited by tlrmcknz

@tlrmcknzSorry, I was confused.

So - you have ca.backup2 setup and set the exclusion to "/mnt/user/appdata/data", but the backup does NOT contain "/mnt/user/appdata/ms-sql-server/data", right?

Looking at the code: You should have entries like "Ignoring *foldername*". The code uses the latest portion of your exclusion ("data" in that case) and ignores folders inside SOURCE folder option with that name. Subfolders are not scanned. So, i dont see the issue yet.

Please upload a complete backup log.

EDIT: Please share your source folder value as well.

Edited by KluthR

Hi ! 

I have a problem for some time with the appdata restore I have this error that prevents the validation of the backup despite all the docker stopped : 

/usr/bin/tar: ./docker.img: file changed as we read it

tar creation/extraction failed!
./docker.img: Mod time differs
./docker.img: Contents differ
tar verify failed!

Maybe a bug? Maybe user stupidity? Backup was created with no issues then hanging and then failing in verification when backing up docker Plex-Media-Server:

[26.04.2023 21:47:31][Plex-Media-Server][info] Backup created without issues
[26.04.2023 21:47:31][Plex-Media-Server][info] Verifying backup...
[26.04.2023 21:47:31][Plex-Media-Server][debug] Final verify command: --diff -f '/mnt/user/Backup/CommunityApp/ab_20230426_214539/Plex-Media-Server.tar.zst' '/mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server' '/mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server'
[26.04.2023 21:50:57][Plex-Media-Server][debug] Tar out: tar: Removing leading `/' from member names; tar: Removing leading `/' from hard link targets; tar: /mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server: Not found in archive; tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
[26.04.2023 21:50:57][Plex-Media-Server][error] tar verification failed! More output available inside debuglog, maybe.
[26.04.2023 21:52:34][Plex-Media-Server][debug] lsof(/mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server)

I noticed this info message, like it was trying to back up the same path twice:

[26.04.2023 21:45:53][Plex-Media-Server][info] Calculated volumes to back up: /mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server, /mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server

And saw the Docker had set AppData Config Path: [2]  = Host Path 2: [3] = "/mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server":

[26.04.2023 21:45:53][Plex-Media-Server][debug] usorted volumes: Array
(
    [0] => /mnt/user/data
    [1] => /mnt/remotes/10.1.1.55_O
    [2] => /mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server
    [3] => /mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server
)

So I changed the docer paths to be unique:

[2] => /mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server/Config
    [3] => /mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server/Transcode

And all was perfect!

Again, maybe is user stupidity? but if a bug, attatched logs:

ab.debug (1).log - Debug when not working

ab.debug (2).log - Debug now when working

ab.debug (1).logab.debug (2).log

Is there a way to specify the order in which containers should be backed up?

It takes quite a while for the GitLab backup to run, and I'd like to specify that it run first so that it's finished when I need it in the morning.

I also have a couple of questions about the settings page:

1. Is it possible to have a "don't show this again" option on the warning popup saying that Docker containers will be stopped before the backup runs and restarted afterwards? I've seen it about twenty times now. I know. It's annoying to have to keep dismissing the alert every time — it reminds me of Windows Vista!
  2. The support link at the bottom of the page still goes to the old thread. That means clicking it, then clicking "go to post" on the pinned new thread announcement, then clicking the link to the new thread. It would be much easier if the link could go straight to the new thread, possibly with a note added saying "an older, read-only, thread is available here"…

(Ooh, just noticed one more thing. I have /mnt/user/appdata on an SSD, but I also have /mnt/user/appdata_hd for things that take up too much space for an SSD and don't need the speed. Is there a way to get it to look at both of these? It seems like it can only do one or the other…)

Edited by ElectricBadger
Added question about multiple sources

Hi,

My last auto-backup failed with this message at the end and now my manual attempts stall at that same "socket ignored" step. Any insight on what's wrong? Thanks :)

[24.04.2023 05:02:08] Backing Up
/usr/bin/tar: ./binhex-qbittorrentvpn/qBittorrent/config/ipc-socket: socket ignored
/usr/bin/tar: .: file changed as we read it
[24.04.2023 06:23:33] tar creation/extraction failed!

5 hours ago, audiocycle said:

My last auto-backup failed with this message at the end

It seems, that the container is still running.

2 hours ago, sonic6 said:

thanks for support v6.12.x with your plugin.

Then we talk about appdata.backup which has an own thread. See 1st post.

Hello,

I think I hit a bug. I turned off docker and the array. Did some stuff then started the array.

I decided while the docker service is down, let's take a full backup (I normally have stuff I don't close that fail to backup properly). But during the backup sequence (maybe 1 minute after starting it), I though of something I should do first and hit the abort button.

Then, I moved by docker folder (found out it was nested way too far) without starting docker (in the setting page).

I start the backup again.

The log on screen show it's backing up everything twice. When I check on my backup folder, I see 2 backup dated for today at 1 min interval and both are getting filled with new backup.

edit: At the end, the log says it has both finished and aborted. Both folder have exactly same files and log at the end

backup 1.png

backup 2.png

backup folders.png

backup logs.png

backup aborted.png

Edited by Nodiaque
7 hours ago, KluthR said:

It seems, that the container is still running.

That was my first thought but in the Docker page it showed as stopped.

To be sure I just tried running the backup again after first stopping binhex-qbittorrentvpn and got the same error message so I think something else is afoot.

3 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

think I hit a bug.

It could be, yes. I think the Abort function was broken after I implemented separate archive function.

TBH: I dont want to take any more time for the old plugin. It is definitively working with the new one.

1 hour ago, audiocycle said:

That was my first thought but in the Docker page it showed as stopped.

this behavior occurs sometimes. Due to lack of diagnosis inside the old plugin, I please you to try the new plugin with unraid 6.12+