[Plugin] Appdata.Backup

37 minutes ago, KluthR said:

So, the backup log must been in /tmp because its copied from there. As well as the debug log. Very interesting.

please check during next backup if there are files inside the tmp folder.

Thats are very Crazy!

i checked the Path.

~# ls -la /tmp/appdata.backup/
total 184
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root    100 Jan  7 00:22 ./
drwxrwxrwt 23 root root    620 Jan  7 18:40 ../
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 158785 Jan  7 00:22 ab.debug.log
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  24323 Jan  7 00:22 ab.log
-rw-r--r--  1 root root      6 Jan  7 00:22 extCmd

I see a log in the Plugin Log Section.

4 -> ab_20240104_000001 have no log but backups.

5, 6 and 7 have a log and backups.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this plugin!

I'm looking at getting up and running with this plugin since I recently lost my appdata folder due to partition failure of my cache drive. I have some quick questions:

1.) In the event you need to restore a backup - I'm guessing it's a manual process with the compressed filed created with this plugin?
2.) Isn't the Collections and Tags you've attached to media stored in the Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Metadata ?
3.) Are the docker configurations backed up as well?

Cheers!

2 hours ago, itimpi said:

They are already being stored on the flash drive.

These are XML "templates" created from your entries on the Add Container page, stored on flash just like everything else in the webUI. These templates are used by the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page to reinstall your containers using those same entries you made before.

I am replacing my cache drive. I backed up appdata using the plugin, with no issues. I replaced the drive and formatted it and am in the process of restoring it. When I run the restore, the log shows the restore was completed with no errors, yet when I look for the files on the new cache drive, they are not there. 

Hi,

I have recently switched to this plugin and I was wondering where is the VM back stored? When I checked my backup folder I see everything is backed up in 1 folder. I see all the dockers and flash drive backed up in that folder but i do not see any VM backups, even though it is selected to be backed up. I only see VM_meta.tgz backed up, which is only 7.1 kb. I was hoping this would back up the VM images like previously there was libvirt back up with big .img file in GB.

Am i missing something or misunderstanding something in terms of VM backup? Could someone please point me into the right direction. I have attached my settings.

Thank you

Screenshot from 2024-01-09 22-05-46.png

Edited by GGabs
settings pic
7 hours ago, GGabs said:

I was hoping this would back up the VM images like previously there was libvirt back up with big .img file in GB.

VM disk images have never been backed up, only the libvirt.img file which contains the VM configs. That's only a few kB's worth, and the useful files are what's in vm_meta.tgz instead of wasting space with the entire image file that's mostly empty. 

Edited by Kilrah
  • Thanks 1

I've replaced my 2TB SSD cache drive for another with 4TB and after making the appdata backup with this tool I'm trying to restore it, but it seems to be forever working to restore the krusader template. It's been 15 minutes now and that template isn't that big so I think something is going wrong. Can I do something to solve this?

Edit: added another screenshot with the ab.debug.log. It seems something's happening with the tar command that decompress the krusader template.

restore.jpg

nas-diagnostics-20240110-1550.zip

Captura de pantalla 2024-01-10 a las 16.24.00.jpg

Edited by JaviPas
added another screenshot with the ab.debug.log. It seems something's happening with the tar command that decompress the krusader template
18 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

How big's the actual tar file?

4.9MB

It keeps there. I wonder if it would be a good idea to restart the restore process again. And if maybe having the tar.gz and xml files I could do the restore from Unraid's console.

Edited by JaviPas

I have been using the different variations of this plugin for years. It backs up every day on Thursday and stops the dockers. Up until last night I’ve never received an error, however, it looks like my cache pool failed last night.

I am trying to restore to a new cache drive and I can see my various backup versions, each weekly, and I can restore the templates however, it says no containers available. I’ve tried to search through here, and I don’t see anything specific.

I did see if you have older backups you have to extract them manually, I’ve been on this new plug-in for a while, are my backups considered old still because of remnants in them?