[Plugin] Appdata.Backup

11 hours ago, KluthR said:

If the database container stops before backup, all is fine. If you want a dump as backup, you have to write own scripts. Maybe appdata backup could do this for us somehow. I know how to export mysql, pgsql and mongodbs, since I do it at work full automated via remote ssh.

ive heard this is a solution to use,

https://github.com/tiredofit/docker-db-backup

you basically dont touch your actual db, and just have that docker run backups periodically from it to a place of your choosing which you back that up.

Hi,

Since updating to Unraid 6.12.2 and switching to this Appdata app, I have a problem creating a backup.

It seems like the "Save external volume" feature is not working.

When the app tries to backup for example Binhex Krusader docker, which contain a large /mnt mount, it sees it as an external volume, the option to save it is toggled to No as default, but the backup process takes forever and it seems like it's creating a very large tar files despite the actual /mnt/appdata/binhex-krusader folder is only a few kb.

Can you help me with this one?

Thanks.

I have a Tautulli container that has a mapped folder to another container (Plex).

That caused the Tautulli backup to fail so I excluded that Plex folder from the backup:

/mnt/user/appdata/Plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs

Now the target folders of the backups still has "-failed" suffix (i.e. "ab_20230711_043002-failed") ,

but there are no backup.log or backup.debug.log files, so is the backup successful or not?

1 hour ago, sonic6 said:

The container stopping timeout should be higher or per container customizable.

The timeout is the timeout set in the global Docker settings. The Plugin has nothing hardcoded.

the plugin should skip backup if stopping was not successful, that doenst seem to work.

1 hour ago, KluthR said:

No

3 hours ago, KluthR said:
3 hours ago, sonic6 said:

do you know what the difference is to appdata backup 2.5?

Yes, its deprecated and not working under 6.12.x

i meant, what is different to the old appdata backup, when it comes to "stop" and "backup" the container. i wasn't facing this problem with the old version.

Plugin works like a charm. But would it be possible to name the folders created for each backup differently? I don't like the name scheme. Now every folder has a name like "ab_20230713_043001" can we get an option that let us select a different name pattern? Or at least add "-" like yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss

3 minutes ago, ezek1el3000 said:

Does the plugin sent out notifications?

Yep, if its set.

3 minutes ago, ezek1el3000 said:

but checking the latest folder is much faster, for me at least.

What would another naming change?

Failed backups are suffixed with „-failed“.

Edited by KluthR