harmser

How much RAM do you have installed in your unRAID server?

298 posts in this topic Last Reply

16GB of ECC DDR4 RAM because I thought I'd be using loads of VMs and other stuffs but now all I really use is just docker and I don't need basically any RAM at all for that. So it's just sitting there lol. 

64 GB non ecc 3200 cl15-15-15-35 but its b die so can run at 14s-34. Going to buy another 64 GB when the price goes down.

1 hour ago, audiocycle said:

4gb, maxed out the MB. No VM on this hardware.

This reminded me to post:

image.png.c4f11b5a8510e655425462f53605867b.png

64GB Crucial Single DDR4 2133 MT/s (PC4-2133) CL15 SR x4 ECC Registered DIMM CT8G4RFS4213 (8 sticks)

Providing 32GB Quad Channel Physical Memory Array for each of the 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v3 Six-Core Haswell Processor @2.4GHz

Currently rocking this:
image.png.a33b2a223bcae3ca26d0000d6aed87e4.png

The extra NIC is for planned expansion, but may end up scraping and going with a single 10gbe and shifting the network to 10gbe instead.

The two CPUs detect that way because they are engineering samples; 12 core, 24 thread Xeon E5-2658v3 CPUs. 

64GB, couple of memory hogging Windows VM's that run Game Servers ( EQemu, DCS: World, Minecraft, etc ).

I currently have 32gb of ECC ram in my server and I am planning on increasing it to 64gb if I go with unraid full time, I am in the process of looking in to unraid at the moment.

32GB, the system was previously an ESXI server but I have new hardware to build another ESXI server so I am converting the existing ESXI server to an UNRAID server so I just left the RAM there in case I need to run dockers and VMs.