Dynamix - V6 Plugins

I just installed the Auto Fan Control plugin in unraid 6.12.11 on a QNAP TVS-h874.  After installation, I configure the minimum PWM value and it increases the fan speed as expected.  Upon reboot, the fans run at minimum speed despite the plugin showing the previously configured PWM value.  If I re-apply the same value, the fan speed increases once again.

Why is the PWM value not applied during bootup?

The plugin has an issue where it will only check to see if the first PWM controller is enabled before auto-starting.

I fixed it by using a userscript:

#!/bin/bash /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/scripts/rc.autofan start

At first start array only

• Like 1

So I believe I spoke too soon...  this problem is persisting.  I'm only able to fix it by selecting 'DETECT' under the PWM fan setting and then choosing apply.  The value in the settings doesn't change when I re-detect it, but it seems to update the setting in the running app.

image.thumb.png.9f15e4c09437d7cd8e4f87fad77cba4b.png

What I noticed, is that the value in the settings doesn't match what's in the config file.  Settings shows 'hwmon4' while the config file shows 'hwmon2'.  It's as if the settings are not being pushed to the startup config file, although the settings page shows the correct values after a reboot.

image.png.11359641f3b1c4c88c3756a1453c25ed.png

I tried to modify the config to match what's in the settings page, but then it returns a permissions denied error when starting.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, ritti said:

So I believe I spoke too soon...  this problem is persisting.  I'm only able to fix it by selecting 'DETECT' under the PWM fan setting and then choosing apply.  The value in the settings doesn't change when I re-detect it, but it seems to update the setting in the running app.

What I noticed, is that the value in the settings doesn't match what's in the config file.  Settings shows 'hwmon4' while the config file shows 'hwmon2'.  It's as if the settings are not being pushed to the startup config file, although the settings page shows the correct values after a reboot.

I tried to modify the config to match what's in the settings page, but then it returns a permissions denied error when starting.

Any ideas?

that is not the place to edit!

that is the actual plugin, not the config file.

config file is at /flash/config/plugins/ plugin name folder. delete all config files and start over

7 minutes ago, Panja said:

Any idea why Dynamix System Temp is now blacklisted?

Came for the same question, I think it updated to a new version built for v7

(changelog shows

bugfix for Unraid version 7.0.0)

and isn't meant for pre-v7 but I could be wrong 

I think I asked somewhere else, I would like to add the feature of using any temp sensor not just a drive to Auto Fan. Using a temp probe from my corsair commander pro I have embedded in the LSI heatsink. I would like to drive a fan mounted to it. 

OR

using the LSI temp sensor if it has one?

here you can see my Corsair output. 
corsaircpro-hid-3-2
Adapter: HID adapter
in0:          11.99 V  
in1:           4.99 V  
in2:           3.40 V  
fan1 4pin:    485 RPM
fan2 4pin:   1670 RPM
fan3 4pin:    467 RPM
fan4 3pin:   2359 RPM
temp1:        +33.5°C  

/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-12/1-12:1.0/0003:1B1C:0C10.0002/hwmon/hwmon3/fan1_input
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-12/1-12:1.0/0003:1B1C:0C10.0002/hwmon/hwmon3/fan2_input
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-12/1-12:1.0/0003:1B1C:0C10.0002/hwmon/hwmon3/fan3_input

/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-12/1-12:1.0/0003:1B1C:0C10.0002/hwmon/hwmon3/fan4_input

@Cosmo:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-12/1-12:1.0/0003:1B1C:0C10.0002/hwmon/hwmon3# ls -l

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Aug 17 10:49 device -> ../../../0003:1B1C:0C10.0002/
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:49 fan1_input
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 16 06:29 fan1_label
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:58 fan1_target
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:49 fan2_input
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 16 06:29 fan2_label
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:58 fan2_target
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:49 fan3_input
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 16 06:29 fan3_label
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:58 fan3_target
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:49 fan4_input
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 16 06:29 fan4_label
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:58 fan4_target
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:49 in0_input
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:49 in1_input
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:49 in2_input
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:49 name
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    0 Aug 17 10:58 power/
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:58 pwm1
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:47 pwm2
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:58 pwm3
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:47 pwm4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Aug 17 10:58 subsystem -> ../../../../../../../../../class/hwmon/
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:49 temp1_input
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Aug 17 10:58 uevent

Edited by TheDirtyR

Auto Fan Control is flaky for me.

Controller: nct6797 on an MSI b450 board

It appears to work just fine but at some point gets stuck and won't modify fan temperatures anymore. When trying to restart via CLI i get errors saying device or resource busy...

Hi there, after updating to 6.12.12 using the Dynamix Fan Control, its stopped detecting "highest disk temp" value and is reporting 0º causing the fans to run at 0 rpm. 

Aug 21 19:31:40 unraid autofan: Highest disk temp is 0C, adjusting fan speed from: FULL (100% @ 0rpm) to: OFF (0% @ 0rpm)

This was fine with 6.12.11. 

Version 2023.02.05a was included in the update and theres no errors in the logs during the installation or afterwards. 

In the GUI management settings I could detect the PWM and min fan setting. 

I've disabled the plugin and resumed fan speeds.  

Just discovered the Dynamix Safe Mode plugin.    Not yet tested how effective it is but I am hopeful.    However one feature that I think it would be very simple to add and could help with debugging issues is to write a syslog entry every time this plugin turns Safe mode on or off.   That would make it easier to see what changes there are to Unraid behaviour depending on whether Safe Mode is turned on or off dynamically.

16 hours ago, timrettop said:

Hi there, after updating to 6.12.12 using the Dynamix Fan Control, its stopped detecting "highest disk temp" value and is reporting 0º causing the fans to run at 0 rpm. 

Aug 21 19:31:40 unraid autofan: Highest disk temp is 0C, adjusting fan speed from: FULL (100% @ 0rpm) to: OFF (0% @ 0rpm)

Version 2023.02.05a was included in the update and theres no errors in the logs during the installation or afterwards. 

I'm in the same situation. Right after the Unraid update Dynamix Fan Control has started reading the disks temp wrongly as 0°....

On 8/22/2024 at 4:18 AM, timrettop said:

Updating to 6.12.13 fixed the issue, at least for me. The only drawback now is that the percentage of the fan speed  is not shown in the GUI anymore; it stays always at 0%...

P.S. I've reinstalled the Dynamix System Autofan plugin and this fixed the fan percentage issue which I was talking about before...

Edited by Kayn
On 7/15/2021 at 7:30 PM, SiteAssemble said:

It's a bit of a kludge, but I renamed those on the dashboard using the Theme Engine plugin with some javascript.

document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function() {
    $( ".fan_view td:contains('FAN 0')" ).text("DRIVES (exhaust)");
    $( ".fan_view td:contains('FAN 1')" ).text("DRIVES (intake)");
    $( ".fan_view td:contains('FAN 2')" ).text("CPU");
    $( ".fan_view td:contains('FAN 3')" ).text("CASE (rear)");
    $( ".fan_view td:contains('FAN 4')" ).text("NVMe / PCIe");
});

Yeah, would be cool if those were nameable in the plugin itself, though.

unraid-fan-names.png

I was looking for something like this.  Here's the updated selectors for current UNRAID (6.12.13):

$( "tbody[title='Fan Information'] span:contains('FAN 1')" ).text("Case Fan");
$( "tbody[title='Fan Information'] span:contains('FAN 2')" ).text("AIO Fan");
$( "tbody[title='Fan Information'] span:contains('FAN 3')" ).text("AIO Pump");

image.png.85174e9ae55b04e39ca33cfa5ef7969f.png

Edited by Ellingson
Added screenshot of result
On 8/15/2024 at 3:09 PM, ritti said:

Any ideas?

Hello, I'm facing the exact same issue (no fan after a reboot until I click on Detect button to force it to start even if the plugin is in working state).

Anybody was able to find a solution ?

Thanks

Is it possible to have the 'Minimum PWM value' active all the time?  As it is now, the fans shutoff when the hard disks sleep.  It would also be desirable for the option to have the CPU fan to react to CPU temp rather than hard disk temp.

49 minutes ago, ritti said:

Is it possible to have the 'Minimum PWM value' active all the time?  As it is now, the fans shutoff when the hard disks sleep.  It would also be desirable for the option to have the CPU fan to react to CPU temp rather than hard disk temp.

The min pwm value determines how slow the fans go, set it to the lowest speed you want when drive are spun down.

as for the cpu, the cpu fan should always and only be controlled by the bios! It has a seperate header for a reason!

• Like 1

Hi!

Maybe someone can clarify whats going on with my Unraid because i been trying to figure this out for almost 3 days now without luck.
I managed to setup a backup script with user scripts, set mount/unmount scripts and also set a WOL cronjob on my UDM.

I tested manually and it worked fine, BUT only when i put Unraid to sleep with the "Sleep" button in dashboard. This way i can send WOL fine and it wakes up as needed.
But when i use S3sleep plugin, for whatever reason it does not work. I have to press the physical button on the device to wake up again.

i made sure that the NIC is using "g" and everything seems to be set correctly but still i cant get it to work.
Does the plugin do something different besides monitoring activity etc. rather than using the sleep button?

Maybe i could get it to work with userscripts and have it monitor array and network activity as well but i dont know how to script that tbh..

ANY advice appreciated.

TIA!

*EDIT

I might be wrong with my assumption - i think it is related to how long sleep mode is active. If the server is in sleep for like 30-50mins i noticed the WOL is not working. When i check ARP table on my UDM i can see that the server is showing up with the IP but in "HWadress" it shows incomplete.

i assume that the NIC is going in a sort of sleep mode? I know how to prevent this in windows but how do i do it in Unraid?
S3 is enabled but i have not found a specific WOL setting in this bios. i am using a Mini PC from CWWK and it actually has a ton of BIOS options but no WOL setting. It should be enabled tho since it works if Unraid is not in sleep for that long.

Edited by rho

@rho 

Since a long time allready I do have following code in the go file to resolve a wol problem with wol.

Didn`t test if it`s still needed, it`s just there since.

ethtool -s eth0 wol g

And as well I found a user script with this code running at startup of the array. 😁

So there was a problem with not setted "g" in the past.

Edited by jojo345
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, jojo345 said:

@rho 

Since a long time allready I do have following code in the go file to resolve a wol problem with wol.

Didn`t test if it`s still needed, it`s just there since.

ethtool -s eth0 wol g

And as well I found a user script with this code running at startup of the array. 😁

So there was a problem with not setted "g" in the past.

thanks for your input!

altough i think the plugin is doing that already since there is an option in the settings to set it to "g" before sleep.
I will try it still and see if it helps for sure, thank you.

I also tried to add a custom command in the plugin settings before it triggers sleep, which sets a RTC wake up.
Same here - working for like 50mins after sleep but after that it stops working.

I have a strong feeling that my NIC is going to full powersaving / sleep mode or something because in my routers ARP table i can see that there is no arp reply of the unraid machine...

Will post results once tested!🫡

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody. Hope I don't disturb too much, with my wishlist/request.

Following a video showing useful Apps, I installed Dynamix Day and Night. I tried to follow directions for the whole API stuff, saw that usually you need to pay for it, and drop it.

So, I have to ask: why to have all that precise system, instead of offering (also?) a simple "passive" way, something like:

start night theme: [ 21:00 ]

stop night theme: [ 6:00 ] 

Probably this could be enough for simple (or frugal) persons like me.

Schedules, Date Time, and File Manager all blacklisted now as well. It would be nice to get some heads up and explanation why these are being blacklisted ahead of time. I assume their functionality is being integrated in future versions but it would be nice to know for sure because we don't all yet have those future versions.

*edit* hmm after going back to that tab it forced me to refresh the apps page and these aren't showing blacklisted any longer, not sure what is going on lol

Edited by rgreen83
48 minutes ago, Andrea P. said:

Hi everybody. Hope I don't disturb too much, with my wishlist/request.

Following a video showing useful Apps, I installed Dynamix Day and Night. I tried to follow directions for the whole API stuff, saw that usually you need to pay for it, and drop it.

So, I have to ask: why to have all that precise system, instead of offering (also?) a simple "passive" way, something like:

start night theme: [ 21:00 ]

stop night theme: [ 6:00 ] 

Probably this could be enough for simple (or frugal) persons like me.

I agree since bing api is dead, mapquest and google require payment option on file for even free account now in case something happens and you go over they can charge you. manual time entry, UTC offset, or maybe a different geocoding provider like the opensource QGIS would be nice. but this plugin is a small nice to have and i could understand if the dev doesn't want to invest more time into it.

Hi,

Just tried the Fan Control plugin. Have installed the ITE IT87 drivers, and can now see fan controllers and I can see fan rpm data on the dashboard. But I have a few weird problems - firstly this is the mapping from the logs I seem to have this mapping:

/sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/pwm1 --> /sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/fan2_input
/sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/pwm2 --> /sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/fan4_input
/sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/pwm3 --> /sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/fan2_input
/sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/pwm4 --> /sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/fan1_input
/sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/pwm5 --> /sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/fan1_input
/sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/pwm6 --> /sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/fan2_input

Now I only have three fans connected (CPU, Case 1, Case2/3) - so a total of three fans sort of makes sense, but not the multiple PWM assignments - I thought that should be 1:1 and where there is no connected fan just plain 'nothing'....

Then, I also can't tell which fan is which - for example, which one is the CPU? I don't want to mess with that one....but let's pretend I don't care.....if I set all of them to be managed I can see in the logs that the system is trying to manage the fans:

e.g. adjusting fan speed from: FULL (100% @ 1102rpm) to: OFF (0% @ 1165rpm)

But nothing actually changes? The dashboard shows that the fan speed remains constant - nothing slows or drops to 0%.

I'm running on a Gigabyte Aorus Z790M Elite AX, with fans connected to CPU_FAN and SYS-FAN1/2/3. I've not make any changes to the the config (e.g. adding acpi_enforce_resources=lax and modprobe it87 force_id=0x8628 to the flash config) - I can do this, but because it seemed to be working I wasn't sure I wanted to mess with it....maybe this *is* required to make it actually work?

What am I missing? 😞

Edited by ChirpyTurnip
2 hours ago, ChirpyTurnip said:

/sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/pwm1 --> /sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/fan2_input
/sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/pwm2 --> /sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/fan4_input
/sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/pwm3 --> /sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/fan2_input
/sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/pwm4 --> /sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/fan1_input
/sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/pwm5 --> /sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/fan1_input
/sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/pwm6 --> /sys/devices/platform/it87.2624/hwmon/hwmon5/fan2_input

Have split my double fan, but the weirdness continues:

BIOS:

CPU = CPU

CPU_OPT = Unused

FAN1 = Drive Bay - REAR

FAN2 = Drive Bay - FRONT LOWER

FAN3 = Drive Bay - FRONT UPPER

PUMP = Unused

UNRAID Dashboard:

FAN1 = CPU

FAN2 = Drive Bay - REAR

FAN3 = Drive Bay - FRONT LOWER

FAN4 = Drive Bay - FRONT UPPER

PWM Mappings in Fan Control:

PWM1 = FAN2?

PWM2 = FAN2?

PWM3 = FAN1 = CPU???

PWM4 = FAN1 = CPU???

PWM5 = FAN3?

PWM6 = FAN2?

And of course nothing can actually be controlled - however I have verified that the fan rpm data is correct - so the data is right as jamming a finger in a fan quickly results in 0 rpm.