[Plug-In] Community Applications

Have the 'Recently Added/Spotlight/Trending' sections on the homepage always been there? 

Didn't see it on the changelog, but I've never noticed them before.

I never noticed the 'Why we picked it' blurbs on the spotlight apps, either.

All great stuff.

Would anybody know if the pipeline to grab updated application XML templates from the github repo's is currently operational?

I published a XML template for Odoo17 a few days ago and realised I needed to update it... but the changes in CA have not been reflected yet.

I have checked the 'statistics' page in CA and found nothing pointing / highlighting my issue.

Edited by Eurotimmy
capitalisation

With some looking around in the forums my expectation of getting updates to my Odoo17 template seems not possible.

I had thought I could correct my oversight (additional / unneeded config items and needed <postargs> ) but instead I understand I need to:

- deprecate the existing odoo17.xml template (add <Deprecated> true tags)

- rename the odoo17.xml template (now odoo17_1.xml)

- rename the <Name> (now "Odoo17.0")

- add in the missing / remove the unneeded items from the new XML

Can anybody please tell me if that's enough to get rid of the existing Odoo17 template and replace it with the corrected version?

Thank you

Edited by Eurotimmy
11 hours ago, Eurotimmy said:

- deprecate the existing odoo17.xml template (add <Deprecated> true tags)

- rename the odoo17.xml template (now odoo17_1.xml)

- rename the <Name> (now "Odoo17.0")

- add in the missing / remove the unneeded items from the new XML

Definitely don't do that, all you need is to push a new commit to your repo to update the file with the changes. 

CA just seems to be stuck since a couple of days ago, @Squid will likely take care of it soon

image.png.e9128af19deb8827f643c770cebf8502.png

Edited by Kilrah
  • Like 1

It's one of the built-in safe guards to stop the feed from getting trashed if GitHub has issues.  In this case, a repository was deleted by the maintainer so the feed aborts until an investigation happens.  All by design and I try to look for this daily.

just started getting this error today

Something really wrong went on during createXML
Post the ENTIRE contents of this message in the Community Applications Support Thread https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38582-plug-in-community-applications/

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Language:

<br /> <b>Warning</b>: Undefined array key "OriginalOverview" in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php</b> on line <b>1888</b><br /> <br /> <b>Warning</b>: Undefined array key "OriginalDescription" in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php</b> on line <b>1890</b><br /> {"status":"ok","cache":""}

On 1/14/2024 at 9:14 AM, Cessquill said:

Refer to the pinned post at the top of this page (for me, it's the last of 3)

Thanks. I saw that pinned post but I thought that was for people installing the plugin for the first time on pre-6.12.x servers.

I think the URL from the post installs the version I already have. I see a reference to 2023.09.30 in when I open the URL from the pinned post.

Sounds like my only choice is to upgrade the server, which I will in a month or two. Then on to upgrading my server hardware.

Edited by nraygun
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, James Struble said:

Thank you for a fantastic tool.

I dont seem to be able to sort plug-ins by downloads

Additionally I dont know how to filter by Monthly CA Spotlight

Why dont you have a Monthly CA Spotlight :)

Plugins cannot have their download count determined.  

There is no "filter" for the spotlight.  You can show them all from Home by clicking Show More in that section

21 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

Hello, is the way to add a new app still to message Squid or there's a new way? I have my first app to be published, I followed the old guide that the top link to.

thank you

How you did it is the way to do it.  I get busy too on occasion ;) 

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/121.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Language:

<br /> <b>Warning</b>: Undefined array key "Description" in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php</b> on line <b>297</b><br /> {"status":"ok","script":"feedWarning('Primary Server');$('.statistics').attr('title','January 29, 2024 @ 11:06 pm');"}

5 hours ago, citizen5 said:

Should I uninstall the plugin before doing the upgrade and then install again? What's the safest path?

just update ... its showing outdated as CA min requirements changed to 6.12 ... thats why its "outdated" and you cant update it in the current state.

Update Unraid, then CA can also be updated, no need to remove it before.

On 1/30/2024 at 9:13 AM, Ritzer said:

Every time I go to /Apps I can see few console log messages:

image.png.63ee96f255ecb20644785cdc3ace6c4d.thumb.png.2943d5f80779be630ef2a05c314ab81a.png

The origin of the logs seems to be this one:

image.png.5b2db4fde5ec366def48ec33f0d9ee12.png.f7ca3d9b58b829fa5a2e3cbe59d13016.png

Why are these logs showing up? Have they been forgotten by the developer, is it a plugin or is the system compromised?

Diagnostics here.

Guys please, can someone check if they get the same logs in /Apps?
Thanks

On 1/29/2024 at 8:25 PM, InVisibleGoD said:
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/121.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Language:

<br /> <b>Warning</b>: Undefined array key "Description" in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php</b> on line <b>297</b><br /> {"status":"ok","script":"feedWarning('Primary Server');$('.statistics').attr('title','January 29, 2024 @ 11:06 pm');"}

Thanks.  But PHP errors being enabled are not recommended to have unless you are actively developing for the OS.  In CAs case all PHP warnings are effectively fatal due to how it operates

On 1/30/2024 at 4:13 AM, Ritzer said:

Why are these logs showing up? Have they been forgotten by the developer, is

Console logs aren’t something I particularly look at unless I have an issue.   Will look at it and confirm / fix for next rev