unRAID Server Release 6.1.7 Available

limetech

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't run Ad Blockers, and it's been broken for quite some time.

What antivirus software do you run?

I run Kaspersky Internet Security, which is what caused the docker logs not coming up for me. I had to add my server to the trusted URL list under the Advanced settings for the Web Anti-Virus protection. Once I did that then the logs pop right up.

I think the browser / AntiVirus you're using doesn't handle having the stream not fully flushed out. So this is a client side issue. Try using one browser that actually works, such as Chrome, FireFox, IE, Safari.

It definitely works fine for me with Eset NOD32 AV and Chrome, FireFox, and IE.

I am running VIPRE, tried disabling and same thing.

I get the pop up and it just spins and spins and spins.

I might be seeing this too....

Just looking into it now, and I also don't use any ad blockers or AV...

I know from other experience that certain programs you need to uninstall to stop them completely. Just disabling isn't enough, I am not familiar with VIPRE so don't know if that is the case here.

I know from other experience that certain programs you need to uninstall to stop them completely. Just disabling isn't enough, I am not familiar with VIPRE so don't know if that is the case here.

I've had VIPRE for years, and the logs used to work in early in the 6 series. Even on multiple machines its not popping up. I'll dig through browser settings to try and figure it out.

Both machines are win7 pro x64 on the latest chrome. I tried IE as well and the same results.

I've had VIPRE for years, and the logs used to work in early in the 6 series. Even on multiple machines its not popping up. I'll dig through browser settings to try and figure it out.

Both machines are win7 pro x64 on the latest chrome. I tried IE as well and the same results.

No sorry, it was just a couple of containers that were the issue...  I can't reproduce this here.  Got suspicious as the first container I installed after recreating docker.img doesn't seem to be sending logs

I have just updated to 6.1.7 on my Main Server after a short play on the Test Server.

No issues at all. Upgrade was easy and went as seamlessly as I have come to expect from the Plugin update method and everything seems to be great.

Love the GUI tweaks!  :)8)

P.S. I am not experiencing any log display issue with Dockers. Everything working fine.

I deleted the

/boot/config/parity-checks.log

file.

Now I have the following line in the parity-checks.log file:

root@Tower:~# cat /boot/config/parity-checks.log 
Jan  1 06:40:36|0|0|0

However, I am still not seeing the logs in the Parity History Log popup. Please see the attachment below.

Thanks,

Sagun

Screen_Shot_2016-01-22_at_9_06.57_PM.png.7ac0b6bfcf2218ac62872969a445cc93.png

Screen_Shot_2016-01-22_at_9_06.57_PM.png.7c6a32975e5caa4f095ff3922c8dfe57.png

I assume there will be an indication on the Plugins page when you check for updates and a GUI update is available ... and the choice of doing the update independently or "together" will simply be whether or not you hit the "Install" button for the update or wait for the next core update.

I assumed that as well. As in even if there isn't a core update but there is an update to the web GUI it would just show there is an update to unRAID. I guess we will all find out once a new GUI update is available.

I'm still very new to unRAID so disregard anything I say :)

A new webGUI version is available, try it out!

A new webGUI version is available, try it out!

And where is the change list for this new version? Getting rid of the change list from the plugins page and referring us to git is not intuitive for most people. I think the change list should be visible like it has been via the plugins page.

Agree a chance list should be more easily available.

I suspect the new GUI version has the custom banner fix and a fix for the parity check history issues; but as Boniel noted earlier, "... The list is already longer than just this adjustment ..." => so it would be nice to see the actual list.

Simply posting it here would have been fine ... i.e. instead of just saying  "... A new webGUI version is available, try it out!"  he could add "Here are the changes:"  and include a list of changes [Just like the very first post in this thread does for v6.1.7]

Agree a chance list should be more easily available.

I suspect the new GUI version has the custom banner fix and a fix for the parity check history issues; but as Boniel noted earlier, "... The list is already longer than just this adjustment ..." => so it would be nice to see the actual list.

Simply posting it here would have been fine ... i.e. instead of just saying  "... A new webGUI version is available, try it out!"  he could add "Here are the changes:"  and include a list of changes [Just like the very first post in this thread does for v6.1.7]

The See github for more details was there from the very beginning of v6. LOL only now people start to notice (and complain) :D

In future a proper (summary) changelog will be included. In case you are curious, these are the changes of the latest release:

version 2016.01.22

- suppress disk utilization settings for parity disk

- CSS improvements

- fixed possible lock up of Diagnostics Dashboard page

- fixed custom banner and user upload across different browsers

- fixed parsing string for port settings

version 2016.01.22

- suppress disk utilization settings for parity disk

- CSS improvements

- fixed possible lock up of Diagnostics page

- fixed custom banner and user upload across different browsers

- fixed parsing string for port settings

The cookie problem on the dashboard also seems to have been addressed - thank you!

Anyone else experiencing issues with Chrome?

I have not seen this in previous versions.  Sometimes Chrome will "lock up" for 5 - 10 seconds when I try to use the webui:  move to a different tab, open the log or click on an icon for the context menu.  It eventually does move, but something isn't right.  For example, if I click on an icon for the context menu, I will get the finger pointer for 5 - 10 seconds.  I can movie it around, but it stays a finger during that time and I can't do anything until the context menu finally appears.

I thought that maybe something was buggered on this laptop but I am seeing the same behavior with Chrome on my desktop.  Safari and Edge appear to be unaffected (but honestly I don't use Edge).

There are no errors in the syslog and  during the time when Chrome becomes frozen, there is no hard drive activity.  The behavior comes and goes at random.

Just curious if I am the only one seeing this.

John