[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

1.  There are 4 LNB inputs, I only use 28E personally, with one unicable LNB which gives me the total 4 tuners over one cable.

2.  TVHeadend

3.  No idea what they are

4.  Yeah guess so.

5.  Not sure

1. I found it does... https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/10022-which-sat-ip-server-to-get/  DiseqC 1.0 switching

2. Good...will look into that

3. S.w that decrypts encrypted.. not fussed really but always handy to know you might get more channels!!

4. Confirmed S2 from some Googling - https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/telestar-digibit-r1-sat-to-ip-router-dvb-s2-digital-tv-receivers-3495856

5. Checked the Freeview and Freesat listings.. sod Freeview so no need for DVB-T2 at all if you have S2 (well in UK anyway)

Thanks for the responses tho... New toy to buy soon!

1 hour ago, methanoid said:

1. I found it does... https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/10022-which-sat-ip-server-to-get/  DiseqC 1.0 switching

2. Good...will look into that

3. S.w that decrypts encrypted.. not fussed really but always handy to know you might get more channels!!

4. Confirmed S2 from some Googling - https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/telestar-digibit-r1-sat-to-ip-router-dvb-s2-digital-tv-receivers-3495856

5. Checked the Freeview and Freesat listings.. sod Freeview so no need for DVB-T2 at all if you have S2 (well in UK anyway)

Thanks for the responses tho... New toy to buy soon!

If you don't have four feeds you won't get all the tuners, I upgraded my LNB to one of these, so all four feeds come over one cable now.  Relatively easy to switch the Sky LNB I had on the mini dish (You do need an adapter bracket though)

Edited by CHBMB
13 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Personally I've moved away from DVB solutions to one of these.  Quad tuner S2, run custom firmware on it and then the signal gets distributed over ethernet and is decoded by tvheadend.  Removes the need for DVB drivers in Unraid.

Otherwise there are plenty of dual tuner cards that work in Linux, TBS and I believe digital devices is working well.  LinuxTV is a good source of information.

Interesting.  I've got 4 cables coming from an LNB that I fitted to my sky dish going under the stairs (where the unraid box is).  Presumably I could fit them to one of those boxes, plug that into the switch and away we go.  Which box did you go for?  Quick searches don't seem to throw up their availability much.

Interesting.  I've got 4 cables coming from an LNB that I fitted to my sky dish going under the stairs (where the unraid box is).  Presumably I could fit them to one of those boxes, plug that into the switch and away we go.  Which box did you go for?  Quick searches don't seem to throw up their availability much.
I bought the one I linked to
Just now, CHBMB said:
9 hours ago, Cessquill said:

I bought the one I linked to

D'oh!  Clicked the second link, but missed the first.  Apologies, and thanks.

I have SageTV in a Docker using the DVB plugin running LibreELEC  6.5.1.  I'm trying to get my Hauppauge quad turner working and so far no luck.  Unraid and Sage sees the 4 tuners as 

LG Electronics LGDT3306A VSB/QAM Frontend

but when I select it as a video source (OTA ATSC) I cant tune any channels. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I'm really hoping someone might be able to assist with regards to the Hauppage WinTV-Starburst 2 (PCIe, DVB-S / S2) Model 150300 (or 150310), that I purchased recently.  After reading that this card was supported in Linux, I didn't think it would be too hard to get it up and running in unRAID, but unfortunately I didn't appreciate what a minefield DVB cards could be. 

Although the card is detected as a Montage Technology M88RS6000, I cannot find any channels in the TVHeadend docker (although the card works perfectly in a Windows VM).  As such, I wondered if someone might have had success with this card before and could point me in the direction of a solution?  Unfortunately judging from the forum posts I've read, I fear that is unlikely so failing that, could someone point me in the direction of cheap DVB-S/S2 card (ideally with 2 inputs if possible) that is know to work with unRIAD and TVHeadend please?

Many thanks in advance and a big thank you to everyone who puts their time and effort into unRAID DVB. 

All the best

Edited by Pendy
6 minutes ago, Pendy said:

Hello All,

I'm really hoping someone might be able to assist with regards to the Hauppage WinTV-Starburst 2 (PCIe, DVB-S / S2) Model 150300 (or 150310), that I purchased recently.  After reading that this card was supported in Linux, I didn't think it would be too hard to get it up and running in unRAID, but unfortunately I didn't appreciate what a minefield DVB cards could be. 

Although the card is detected as a Montage Technology M88RS6000, I cannot find any channels in the TVHeadend docker (although the card works perfectly in a Windows VM).  As such, I wondered if someone might have had success with this card before?  Unfortunately judging from the forum posts I've read, I fear that is unlikely so failing that, could someone point me in the direction of cheap DVB-S/S2 card (ideally with 2 inputs if possible) that is know to work with unRIAD and TVHeadend please?

Many thanks in advance and a big thank you to everyone who puts their time and effort into unRAID DVB. 

All the best

Post your docker run command for TVHeadend,  Link on how to do so is in my signature.

Also you haven't said which DVB build you're using.  A screenshot of the DVB settings page might be useful too.

Edited by CHBMB
On 5/8/2018 at 9:18 PM, CHBMB said:

Post your docker run command for TVHeadend,  Link on how to do so is in my signature.

Also you haven't said which DVB build you're using.  A screenshot of the DVB settings page might be useful too.

Good Evening CHBMB,

Thank you for your fast message and apologies for my delayed response. 

I've tried all of the different DVB builds with the both the TBS CrazyCat and TBS Opensource builds finding the card as noted above. 

With the TBS CrazyCat 6.5.1 build, the system suffers instability, freezing/locking when searching for Channels in TVHeadend after first install (although it does register a SNR and Signal Strength reading), as well as other docker contains and unRAID having issues and ultimately leaving no other recourse than forcing an unexpected reboot.   The TVHeadend docker then doesn't show in the GUI, or Terminal.  Reinstalling (albeit probably making the situation worse) yields the docker run command illustrated below and populates TVHeadend back into the GUI.

With the TBS Opensource build, the TVHeadend scan completes to 100% in a fraction of a second (with no SNR or Signal Strength), leading me to believe that the card is not really being connected with. 

Docker Run Command: 

image.thumb.png.139ce1569d447086741b743f004e6b80.png

DVB Settings Page:

image.thumb.png.b56642544359534b9c18525439ccf986.png

Hopefully I've missed something obvious and it's an easy fix, but it's not a happy chappy at the minute unfortunately.

Thanks again for your time,

Edited by Pendy

I've been running this plugin with tvheadend and digital devices quad tuner for quite a long time without any problems. (unraid stable 6.3.5 ,6.4.0,6.4.1), using tvheadend docker.

Are there any chances to have an unraid  6.5.1 image with Digital Devices (Github version)  driver?

I also tried the libreelec 6.5.1 drivers, but those drivers detect only 2 of my 4 tuners.

No, sorry, I've stopped doing them as the drivers are now upstream.

Another user had some issues and I asked for them to post some bug reports and logs but they never materialised.

I believe their issues were resolved in the latest builds but they never reported back either.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:28 PM, Pendy said:

Good Evening CHBMB,

Thank you for your fast message and apologies for my delayed response. 

I've tried all of the different DVB builds with the both the TBS CrazyCat and TBS Opensource builds finding the card as noted above. 

With the TBS CrazyCat 6.5.1 build, the system suffers instability, freezing/locking when searching for Channels in TVHeadend after first install (although it does register a SNR and Signal Strength reading), as well as other docker contains and unRAID having issues and ultimately leaving no other recourse than forcing an unexpected reboot.   The TVHeadend docker then doesn't show in the GUI, or Terminal.  Reinstalling (albeit probably making the situation worse) yields the docker run command illustrated below and populates TVHeadend back into the GUI.

With the TBS Opensource build, the TVHeadend scan completes to 100% in a fraction of a second (with no SNR or Signal Strength), leading me to believe that the card is not really being connected with. 

Docker Run Command: 

image.thumb.png.139ce1569d447086741b743f004e6b80.png

DVB Settings Page:

image.thumb.png.b56642544359534b9c18525439ccf986.png

Hopefully I've missed something obvious and it's an easy fix, but it's not a happy chappy at the minute unfortunately.

Thanks again for your time,

Have you tried the LibreELEC build?  That one would seem to me to be the most suitable one to be honest.

Is this your card?

https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-5525

Edited by CHBMB
21 hours ago, CHBMB said:

No, sorry, I've stopped doing them as the drivers are now upstream.

Another user had some issues and I asked for them to post some bug reports and logs but they never materialised.

I believe their issues were resolved in the latest builds but they never reported back either.

Thanks for the prompt info. I have two server installations of Unraid with digital devices tuners.

First one is: Quad Digital Devices DVB-C/T tuner + HD Homerun.

Second one is: 2 x Dual DVB-C/T tuner.

I will check if the 2 x Dual works with the latest LibreElec, and report back. 

I believe the problem is the driver for quad Tuner, because only two tuners are detected, and that's something that Digital Devices should fix, not you.

Edited by milanp

Might be an idea to get as much info as possible and liase with digital devices, since I started doing these DVB builds I have asked for someone who uses the builds to actually help when issues arrive but nobody has really stepped up and done so, hence I've become rather apathetic about them as I don't use them myself, having never owned a digital devices card.

Thanks for the prompt info. I have two server installations of Unraid with digital devices tuners.
I believe the problem is the driver for quad Tuner, because only two tuners are detected, and that's something that Digital Devices should fix, not you.

Also can you post the exact model numbers of your tuners please.

Card

4 minutes ago, CHBMB said:
8 minutes ago, milanp said:

Also can you post the exact model numbers of your tuners please.

These are the cards that I use:

1. Quad tuner with dual CI: DD-DuoCT+OctTW Digital Devices DuoFlex CT (x2) + Octopus CI Twin - reported by your plugin as:     STV0367 DVB-C DVB-T (DVB adapters 0-3), 

Last working version Unraid 6.5.0 , Unraid with libreelec 6.5.1 drivers detect only 2 tuners which work.

I don't use the CI module slots.....

2.  Dual tuner x2 : DD-CineCTV6  - I don't have access to this system at the moment.

Currently using Unraid 6.3.5

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

They should all be supported by the current LibreELEC build.

You are right, the quad tuner works.

One small trick is required:

- If I reboot the system after installation, only two tuners were reported.

- If I powerdown the system after installation,and turn it on, all 4 tuners are reported.

Tried the same procedure twice, with same results.

Conclusion:

Instead of rebooting the server, it's better to shut it down, then power it up.

Could be my HP-Z620 that need complete shutdown, but I am on Unraid 6.5.1 stable and very happy that libreelec drivers support my tuners.

Thanks a lot.

- If I powerdown the system after installation,and turn it on, all 4 tuners are reported.
Conclusion:
Could be my HP-Z620 that need complete shutdown, but I am on Unraid 6.5.1 stable and very happy that libreelec drivers support my tuners.
Thanks a lot.
That's interesting, might want to report that to DD, sounds like the devices aren't getting correctly reset at reboot and need a complete power cut.
11 hours ago, CHBMB said:
11 hours ago, milanp said:
Conclusion:
Thanks a lot.

That's interesting, might want to report that to DD, sounds like the devices aren't getting correctly reset at reboot and need a complete power cut.

Spoke too soon, the tuner cards are detected(4 DVB-T+4 DVB-C) , but will not tune any DVB-C channels.

I thought that the drivers worked, but it was my trusty HDHomeRun 4DC that was streaming.

I give up, this is the main system that I use all the time and wife and children complain when tv is not working.

Went back to Unraid 6.5 where everything works.

34 minutes ago, milanp said:

Spoke too soon, the tuner cards are detected(4 DVB-T+4 DVB-C) , but will not tune any DVB-C channels.

I thought that the drivers worked, but it was my trusty HDHomeRun 4DC that was streaming.

I give up, this is the main system that I use all the time and wife and children complain when tv is not working.

Went back to Unraid 6.5 where everything works.

If you want it fixed, you need to report this to digital devices so they can fix it. If they don't get any bug reports, they don't know that it's not working as it should. 

5 minutes ago, milanp said:

Will do so...

I'd appreciate it if someone does.  I just install the drivers in Unraid for people to use, I really have no control over whether they work or not.  Unless people report broken stuff to the manufacturers, then stuff will stay broken.

• Squid locked this topic