Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

Featured Replies

On 3/27/2022 at 5:32 AM, bombz said:

When I delete it from \\flash\ -- it does not reappear
When I reboot the server, it seems load as part of the boot cycle (you can see it on the local system monitors boot process).
I am puzzled by it.

 

Please upload your Diagnostics zip file (from Tools -> Diagnostics)

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Views 683.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Mainly because my keyboard is worn out from replying "Uninstall Advanced Buttons", today's update features an "Update Assistant" which sits on the Tools Menu (next to Update OS)   This perfo

  • kennymc.c
    kennymc.c

    The included Update Assistant tool still shows 6.12.10 as the latest version. Is this a know issue as the update process has changed with the previous version?

  • The plugin settings no longer loads on 7.4.0-beta.1. Tried to reinstall it. No luck

Posted Images

On 3/29/2022 at 12:11 PM, ljm42 said:

 

Please upload your Diagnostics zip file (from Tools -> Diagnostics)

Hey buddy, 
I managed to get it resolved. My only 'guess' was when CA backup/restore makes a backup flash to my array disk, it restores the file again.
Honestly, I could be completely incorrect about this, however over the course of my testing was the following:

  • Delete the .txz from flash\extra
  • shut down/reboot server
  • boot server
  • txz file restored to flash\extra (or regenerated)

I then proceeded with the following

  • Delete the .txz from flash\extra
  • Delete the .txz from flash\extra (backup on array disk)
  • shut down/reboot server
  • boot server
    • the txz no longer generated on the flash (or ran on boot)

That's my outlook of that, again could be completely incorrect that CA backup/restore does this process on boot, this is how I came to the "solved" solution.

 

Thanks for everyone's input as always. Love the community here... always top notch! 

 

:-) 

Not sure if we report it here, but this is an incorrect alert: 

(cloudflare/cloudflared:latest) has the following comments: latest tag does not exist on dockerHub Additionally, this application has been blacklisted from Community Applications for that reason.

 

There is now a latest tag available on ducker hub:

https://hub.docker.com/r/cloudflare/cloudflared/tags

Edited by boomam

On 4/7/2022 at 7:00 PM, boomam said:

Not sure if we report it here, but this is an incorrect alert: 

(cloudflare/cloudflared:latest) has the following comments: latest tag does not exist on dockerHub Additionally, this application has been blacklisted from Community Applications for that reason.

 

There is now a latest tag available on ducker hub:

https://hub.docker.com/r/cloudflare/cloudflared/tags

 

In addition, here's the associated github comment regarding the solving of this issue.

https://github.com/cloudflare/cloudflared/pull/470#issuecomment-1091782496

Just had 'Fix common Problems' run and complain about "Invalid folder appdata contained within /mnt"

 

If it somehow knows about this, why doesn't it state what folder or what docker is causing it. I looked at all of the containers, but don't see anything glaringly obvious. I compared them with each other and they look correct. I downloaded the diagnostics and looked in the 'syslog.txt' but it only says the same thing "invalid folder appdata contained within /mnt".

 

Can anyone point me to where in the diagnostics it would provide more information, or what actual file I can upload here to have someone comment on it?

 

Thanks.

  • Author

It is telling you exactly the problem folder

 

You have a folder named "appdata" within /mnt  You're referencing that within a docker container as /mnt/appdata instead of /mnt/user/appdata

 

 

7 minutes ago, unRAIDuser7 said:

Just had 'Fix common Problems' run and complain about "Invalid folder appdata contained within /mnt"

If you look at the contents of /mnt/appdata it might give you a clue as to which docker you have misconfigured to create it.

3 hours ago, Squid said:

It is telling you exactly the problem folder

 

You have a folder named "appdata" within /mnt  You're referencing that within a docker container as /mnt/appdata instead of /mnt/user/appdata

 

 

My bad. I apparently read what I wanted to and not what it was telling me. Knowing that my appdata folder is within /user I only started there, and did not look in the /mnt folder.

Apologies.

1 hour ago, unRAIDuser7 said:

Knowing that my appdata folder is within /user

This is incorrect - the correct location is within /mnt/user.   Maybe that is what you meant but I thought it was worth checking.

3 hours ago, itimpi said:

This is incorrect - the correct location is within /mnt/user.   Maybe that is what you meant but I thought it was worth checking.

Correct, I just left off /mnt. My appdata folder is /mnt/user/appdata

Out Of Memory errors detected on your server

 

Hi all, lately have been seeing this error pop up. Haven't noticed any adverse effects resulting from it. Any help in figuring this out would be much appreciated, thanks very much.

joeserver-diagnostics-20220420-1701.zip

Hi. Plugin's been reporting

Quote

/boot/config/bash_extra.cfg corrupted. Your flash drive has possible corruption on /boot/config/bash_extra.cfg. Post your diagnostics in the forum for more assistance 

/boot/config/bash_extra.cfg contains extra shell config that's appended to the bashrc by the go script. Go script has following line:

cat /boot/config/bash_extra.cfg >> /root/.bashrc

 

bash_extra.cfg contents:

# custom bash additions
#######################

# add docker-compose (if no such executable already found):
command -v docker-compose > /dev/null || alias docker-compose='docker run --rm \
    -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
    -v "$PWD:$PWD" \
    -w="$PWD" \
    docker/compose:latest'

 

 

Edited by tuxbass
removed the diagnostics as weren't needed

  • Author

Ignore it or rename the file to something other than .cfg which triggers this issue

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I received the following alert after renaming my cache pools: "Invalid folder cache contained within /mnt". My diagnostic is attached. Any insight into how to resolve this would be much appreciated, thank you!

 

larrythelobster-diagnostics-20220510-0929.zip

22 minutes ago, DAC said:

Hi all, I received the following alert after renaming my cache pools: "Invalid folder cache contained within /mnt". My diagnostic is attached. Any insight into how to resolve this would be much appreciated, thank you!

 

larrythelobster-diagnostics-20220510-0929.zip 120.68 kB · 0 downloads

That means you have something (almost certainly a docker container) explicitly referencing /mnt/cache so that folder is getting created in RAM.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:49 AM, DAC said:

"Invalid folder cache contained within /mnt"

Probably when you renamed / created new pools, you didn't update references to the old "cache" pool.

 

Unrelated, but your appdata has files on the array.

Hi guys, I received this alert

 

Machine Check Events detected on your server

 

Your server has detected hardware errors. You should install mcelog via the NerdPack plugin, post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the Unraid forums. The output of mcelog (if installed) has been logged  More Information

 

During mcelog installation I found this message in log:
 

May 14 13:17:31 LGServ root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Machine Check Events detected on your server
May 14 13:17:31 LGServ root: mcelog: ERROR: AMD Processor family 21: mcelog does not support this processor. Please use the edac_mce_amd module instead.

 

Unfortunately edac_mce_amd is not in nerdpack repo and I don't know where to find it and how to install.
 

nostromo-diagnostics-20220514-1325.zip

Squid reported that edac_mce_amd module was part of unraid back in 2020, and maybe before.

You can check if module is loaded with this command:

lsmod | grep mce

The log is simply telling you that mcelog is not compatible with your cpu (consider that as a warning instead of an error), amd module should be used instead.

 

A pull request to fix this was merged in mcelog in 2020:

https://github.com/andikleen/mcelog/pull/77

A condition check was added to start or not start mcelog, checking if amd module is started or not, but it seems it's not enough since it seems it's not fixed.

Edited by ghost82

Thank you @ghost82 I didn't know that amd module is now part of unraid.
Executing the command you suggested I receive:

root@nostromo:~# lsmod | grep mce
edac_mce_amd           32768  0

so.. I suppose it's loaded?

 

How can I determine what has caused the "machine check events" warning? 
Is there a log file other than syslog where I can track it down?

 

Thank you 

27 minutes ago, pyle77 said:

I suppose it's loaded?

Yes it's loaded and you can ignore that mce error.

If you have mce errors look at the syslog inside diagnostics file.

 

For example you have this:

May 13 23:04:56 LGServ kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged
May 13 23:04:56 LGServ kernel: [Hardware Error]: Corrected error, no action required.
May 13 23:04:56 LGServ kernel: [Hardware Error]: CPU:2 (15:13:1) MC1_STATUS[-|CE|MiscV|AddrV|-|-|-]: 0x8c00001000010151
May 13 23:04:56 LGServ kernel: [Hardware Error]: Error Addr: 0x0000ffff81085121
May 13 23:04:56 LGServ kernel: [Hardware Error]: MC1 Error: Parity error during data load from IC.
May 13 23:04:56 LGServ kernel: [Hardware Error]: cache level: L1, tx: INSN, mem-tx: IRD

 

It's an error in the L1 cache:

is the voltage correctly applied to your cpu? Is it overclocked?

is your mb bios up to date?

Is your case clean and free from dust inside?

Or...your cpu has something wrong, hardware related.

Edited by ghost82

3 hours ago, ghost82 said:

It's an error in the L1 cache

Oh I see! My CPU is not overclocked, bios is up to date and case is clean and free from dust inside. The PSU may be the problem, I think. It's a cheap PSU that I am using for one month now, waiting my CX600 to come back from service.

Anyway, thank you so much for the time you spent to me. I really appreciate it!
Cheers

  • Author
49 minutes ago, olschool said:

I can't specifically identify what may be filling my syslog, any expert guidance would be appreciated. 

 

Something is basically continually writing to your flash drive  and the backup feature of MyServers keeps backing up

 

Apr 18 04:41:41 YoungStewtsGen flash_backup: adding task: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/scripts/UpdateFlashBackup update
### [PREVIOUS LINE REPEATED 439 TIMES] ###

(one of many many entries)

 

You're going to want to post here: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/112745-stop-useless-backups/#comment-1026238, and read the thread so that you can determine what's going on.  @ljm42 will help out if necessary when you post there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.