[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

44 minutes ago, Squid said:

I don't see how that's possible TBH

Does it reappear as soon as the server is rebooted?  If you delete it and then refresh the folder is it still there?

When I delete it from \\flash\ -- it does not reappear
When I reboot the server, it seems load as part of the boot cycle (you can see it on the local system monitors boot process).
I am puzzled by it.

54 minutes ago, Squid said:

I don't see how that's possible TBH

Does it reappear as soon as the server is rebooted?  If you delete it and then refresh the folder is it still there?

Is it possible that the flash is backed up to the cache drive, and when booting, since the flash (cache backup) has the txz file within \\boot\extra\ that it is auto restoring the file upon boot ?

On 3/29/2022 at 12:11 PM, ljm42 said:

Please upload your Diagnostics zip file (from Tools -> Diagnostics)

Hey buddy, 
I managed to get it resolved. My only 'guess' was when CA backup/restore makes a backup flash to my array disk, it restores the file again.
Honestly, I could be completely incorrect about this, however over the course of my testing was the following:

• Delete the .txz from flash\extra
  • shut down/reboot server
  • boot server
  • txz file restored to flash\extra (or regenerated)

I then proceeded with the following

• Delete the .txz from flash\extra
  • Delete the .txz from flash\extra (backup on array disk)
  • shut down/reboot server
  • boot server
    • the txz no longer generated on the flash (or ran on boot)

That's my outlook of that, again could be completely incorrect that CA backup/restore does this process on boot, this is how I came to the "solved" solution.

Thanks for everyone's input as always. Love the community here... always top notch! 

:-) 

Not sure if we report it here, but this is an incorrect alert: 

(cloudflare/cloudflared:latest) has the following comments: latest tag does not exist on dockerHub Additionally, this application has been blacklisted from Community Applications for that reason.

There is now a latest tag available on ducker hub:

https://hub.docker.com/r/cloudflare/cloudflared/tags

Edited by boomam
On 4/7/2022 at 7:00 PM, boomam said:

Not sure if we report it here, but this is an incorrect alert: 

(cloudflare/cloudflared:latest) has the following comments: latest tag does not exist on dockerHub Additionally, this application has been blacklisted from Community Applications for that reason.

There is now a latest tag available on ducker hub:

https://hub.docker.com/r/cloudflare/cloudflared/tags

In addition, here's the associated github comment regarding the solving of this issue.

https://github.com/cloudflare/cloudflared/pull/470#issuecomment-1091782496

Just had 'Fix common Problems' run and complain about "Invalid folder appdata contained within /mnt"

If it somehow knows about this, why doesn't it state what folder or what docker is causing it. I looked at all of the containers, but don't see anything glaringly obvious. I compared them with each other and they look correct. I downloaded the diagnostics and looked in the 'syslog.txt' but it only says the same thing "invalid folder appdata contained within /mnt".

Can anyone point me to where in the diagnostics it would provide more information, or what actual file I can upload here to have someone comment on it?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Squid said:

It is telling you exactly the problem folder

You have a folder named "appdata" within /mnt  You're referencing that within a docker container as /mnt/appdata instead of /mnt/user/appdata

My bad. I apparently read what I wanted to and not what it was telling me. Knowing that my appdata folder is within /user I only started there, and did not look in the /mnt folder.

Apologies.

Hi. Plugin's been reporting

/boot/config/bash_extra.cfg corrupted. Your flash drive has possible corruption on /boot/config/bash_extra.cfg. Post your diagnostics in the forum for more assistance 

/boot/config/bash_extra.cfg contains extra shell config that's appended to the bashrc by the go script. Go script has following line:

cat /boot/config/bash_extra.cfg >> /root/.bashrc

bash_extra.cfg contents:

# custom bash additions
#######################

# add docker-compose (if no such executable already found):
command -v docker-compose > /dev/null || alias docker-compose='docker run --rm \
    -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
    -v "$PWD:$PWD" \
    -w="$PWD" \
    docker/compose:latest'

Edited by tuxbass
removed the diagnostics as weren't needed
22 minutes ago, DAC said:

Hi all, I received the following alert after renaming my cache pools: "Invalid folder cache contained within /mnt". My diagnostic is attached. Any insight into how to resolve this would be much appreciated, thank you!

larrythelobster-diagnostics-20220510-0929.zip 120.68 kB · 0 downloads

That means you have something (almost certainly a docker container) explicitly referencing /mnt/cache so that folder is getting created in RAM.

Hi guys, I received this alert

Machine Check Events detected on your server

Your server has detected hardware errors. You should install mcelog via the NerdPack plugin, post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the Unraid forums. The output of mcelog (if installed) has been logged  More Information

During mcelog installation I found this message in log:

May 14 13:17:31 LGServ root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Machine Check Events detected on your server
May 14 13:17:31 LGServ root: mcelog: ERROR: AMD Processor family 21: mcelog does not support this processor. Please use the edac_mce_amd module instead.

Unfortunately edac_mce_amd is not in nerdpack repo and I don't know where to find it and how to install.

nostromo-diagnostics-20220514-1325.zip

Squid reported that edac_mce_amd module was part of unraid back in 2020, and maybe before.

You can check if module is loaded with this command:

lsmod | grep mce

The log is simply telling you that mcelog is not compatible with your cpu (consider that as a warning instead of an error), amd module should be used instead.

A pull request to fix this was merged in mcelog in 2020:

https://github.com/andikleen/mcelog/pull/77

A condition check was added to start or not start mcelog, checking if amd module is started or not, but it seems it's not enough since it seems it's not fixed.

Edited by ghost82

Thank you @ghost82 I didn't know that amd module is now part of unraid.
Executing the command you suggested I receive:

root@nostromo:~# lsmod | grep mce
edac_mce_amd           32768  0

so.. I suppose it's loaded?

How can I determine what has caused the "machine check events" warning? 
Is there a log file other than syslog where I can track it down?

Thank you 

27 minutes ago, pyle77 said:

I suppose it's loaded?

Yes it's loaded and you can ignore that mce error.

If you have mce errors look at the syslog inside diagnostics file.

For example you have this:

May 13 23:04:56 LGServ kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged
May 13 23:04:56 LGServ kernel: [Hardware Error]: Corrected error, no action required.
May 13 23:04:56 LGServ kernel: [Hardware Error]: CPU:2 (15:13:1) MC1_STATUS[-|CE|MiscV|AddrV|-|-|-]: 0x8c00001000010151
May 13 23:04:56 LGServ kernel: [Hardware Error]: Error Addr: 0x0000ffff81085121
May 13 23:04:56 LGServ kernel: [Hardware Error]: MC1 Error: Parity error during data load from IC.
May 13 23:04:56 LGServ kernel: [Hardware Error]: cache level: L1, tx: INSN, mem-tx: IRD

It's an error in the L1 cache:

is the voltage correctly applied to your cpu? Is it overclocked?

is your mb bios up to date?

Is your case clean and free from dust inside?

Or...your cpu has something wrong, hardware related.

Edited by ghost82