[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

Hi all.

FCP just threw up this warning: "Invalid folder rootshare contained within /mnt".  I had just restarted my Unraid server.

The folder "rootshare" is indeed in /mnt and is empty.

I have just replaced my parity drive with a larger drive (the parity rebuild process is complete), and I am now in the process of replacing one of my data drives with a larger drive (that data-rebuild just started and is ongoing).

I have no VM running.  I have only one docker running (tonido).  I don't recall creating that folder!  I have standard shares and never tried to create an overarching "rootshare".

tower-diagnostics-20220311-2109.zip

Diagnostics attached.  Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions.  Should I just delete that "rootshare" folder?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, pasgener said:

Hi all.

FCP just threw up this warning: "Invalid folder rootshare contained within /mnt".  I had just restarted my Unraid server.

The folder "rootshare" is indeed in /mnt and is empty.

I have just replaced my parity drive with a larger drive (the parity rebuild process is complete), and I am now in the process of replacing one of my data drives with a larger drive (that data-rebuild just started and is ongoing).

I have no VM running.  I have only one docker running (tonido).  I don't recall creating that folder!  I have standard shares and never tried to create an overarching "rootshare".

tower-diagnostics-20220311-2109.zip 141.14 kB · 0 downloads

Diagnostics attached.  Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions.  Should I just delete that "rootshare" folder?

Thanks in advance.

Scroll up.☝️

I'm getting this warning again-

Link: https://Brunnhilde.dahoney.me/Settings/FixProblems
     (Note: if clicking link requires reauthentication, copy/paste instead)

Event: Fix Common Problems - Brunnhilde
Subject: Warnings have been found with your server.(Brunnhilde)
Description: Investigate at Settings / User Utilities / Fix Common Problems
Importance: warning

* Wrong DNS entry for host

When i go to FCP settings there aren't any warnings though-

1604724382_ScreenShot2022-03-12at5_19_56PM.thumb.png.e2c65428a3fc5cf7d26ea6963ab2ba17.png

FCP is telling me I have 2 plugins that are incompatible with 6.10 RC2 then in RC3 I have the same. 
preclear.disk.plg Not Compatible with Unraid version 6.10.0-rc3

statistics.sender.plg Not Compatible with Unraid version 6.10.0-rc3
Plug-ins are up to date.

Have reinstalled FCP. 

4 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

FCP is telling me I have 2 plugins that are incompatible with 6.10 RC2 then in RC3 I have the same. 
preclear.disk.plg Not Compatible with Unraid version 6.10.0-rc3

statistics.sender.plg Not Compatible with Unraid version 6.10.0-rc3
Plug-ins are up to date.

Have reinstalled FCP. 

Remove those plugins and install the UD Preclear that replaces the older preclear.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Squid said:

Strange.  Hit rescan

Finally showed up.

Using DNS server 10.0.1.1, the DNS entry for 'Brunnhilde.dahoney.me' resolves to 10.0.30.109. If this url resolves correctly for your client computers using a different DNS server, you can probably ignore this warning. Otherwise, you should ensure that it resolves to 10.0.1.20.

Makes sense I guess. I recently setup a custom docker bridge on a VLAN (10.0.30.0/24). Looks like the server is using that network as well as the LAN (10.0.1.0/24). I'll have to figure out how to allow docker on the VLAN but not the server management.

Would it be possible to exclude docker updates creating warnings?

I run the CA Auto Update Applications app to update Docker apps every day. However, if Fix Common Problems runs before an update is installed, warnings get created which give me small heart attack when I receive those via Pushover notifications. :)

I can ignore each notification, but that's per docker app (and only after a warning fires). I have 27 dockers right now, and today I was able to ignore 4 of them, but that means I have 23 apps that may cause warnings in the future and every time I add a new docker that adds another chance for a warning to appear.

On 3/10/2022 at 4:07 PM, Squid said:

Sorry, missed this

You'll need to post the contents of that file here

Hello again,

The error went away after I updated FCP to 2022.3.13 and rescanned. The release notes for this version states "Don't scan plugins folder for corruption tests".

So not sure if the error/corruption actually still exists and FCP is just excluding to scan the plugin folder or there is no corruption to worry about, but then why exclude specific folders by default??

43 minutes ago, manmay said:

Hello again,

The error went away after I updated FCP to 2022.3.13 and rescanned. The release notes for this version states "Don't scan plugins folder for corruption tests".

So not sure if the error/corruption actually still exists and FCP is just excluding to scan the plugin folder or there is no corruption to worry about, but then why exclude specific folders by default??

The corruption tests being narrowed down were entirely because I just plain got tired of having to add in exceptions for various plugins, massively old files that weren't used any more etc,   Doesn't mean that IF there was corruption that it doesn't exist.  

Basically I was looking for certain filename extensions and then ensuring that were readable via the "standard" method.  If they weren't readable like that then it was corrupt.  Trouble was that there were a lot more exceptions to the rule on stuff that wasn't corrupt but also didn't conform the the "standard" for the files.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Squid said:

The corruption tests being narrowed down were entirely because I just plain got tired of having to add in exceptions for various plugins, massively old files that weren't used any more etc,   Doesn't mean that IF there was corruption that it doesn't exist.  

Basically I was looking for certain filename extensions and then ensuring that were readable via the "standard" method.  If they weren't readable like that then it was corrupt.  Trouble was that there were a lot more exceptions to the rule on stuff that wasn't corrupt but also didn't conform the the "standard" for the files.

👍

any suggestions from the community on how to prevent or recover quickly from a failed/corrupted Unraid USB boot drive??

I wonder if the unraid team is looking to introduce a feature to have a failover boot USB similar to FreeNAS feature...that would be pretty awesome enterprise class feature.

35 minutes ago, manmay said:

any suggestions from the community on how to prevent or recover quickly from a failed/corrupted Unraid USB boot drive??

Easiest method is to use the MyServers plugin to automatically create backups as the flash drive changes.  Then to get the backup you just log into the forum, MyServers page and download the backup.

Via the Automated key transfer system the key could get done in a matter of seconds.  If the automated system doesn't work for you (eg: too many transfers done in a year), then Limetech support needs to get involved to transfer it for you.  Depending upon the time of day, the response can vary between a few minutes to a couple of hours though (but it is getting faster all the time)

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, bigernie71 said:

tower-diagnostics-20220315-1508.zip 237.44 kB · 0 downloads

/boot/config/SABnzbd.ini corrupted
/boot/config/SickBeard.ini corrupted

Received this warning today. Wanted to check with the Team before I replace my SSD. Please let me know if you need additional information.

What generated those files? I suspect they may be left over from ancient plugin versions of those programs, I suggest opening them and see what they contain, also see what date they show.

I'm guessing you should just delete them.

@frostrunnermobile

On 3/13/2022 at 7:38 PM, frostrunnermobile said:

I checked that folder with krusader and it only had less than a MB in there.

I doubt you have krusader configured to even see that folder. According to df in your diagnostics it is using 106MB.

Did you look at your syslog? It is filling with the same errors over and over and has been for days. Syslogs in your diagnostics don't go back far enough to know how it started.

I see some other things in your diagnostics I would comment on, but since they don't have anything to do with FCP, you should reboot and start a new thread in General Support with your diagnostics.

In unraid, Settings > Management Access > Local TLD

unraid's help says: Enter your local Top Level Domain. May be blank.

But in FCP it is unhappy about a blank TLD.

Easy enough to ignore, but I do not recall it used to complain about this.. is there a recent unraid change that requires the user to set this now?

A blank TLD is only acceptable if (from the warning message) 

A blank entry is only valid if both NetBIOS and SMBv1 are both enabled.

just enter in "local" and be done with it.  The tests came into FCP ~2 months ago

And yes, there are issues with a blank TLD is the 2 conditions above are not met

On 3/31/2021 at 12:33 PM, Squid said:

You also have to reboot.  If it reappears after that, then post your entire diagnostics file

Hello, 
I have attempted to delete the following file from boot/extra PlexMediaServer-1.19.1.2645-ccb6eb67e-x86_64.txz
I no longer use plexmediaserver from the array and 'fix uncommon problems' always detects it as an issue. 
once i power cycle the server the file reappears.
I am trying to go through logs to see why this is the case and have posted diagnostics

appreciate any help to remove this file from regenerating in boot/extra
Trying to eliminate it before pushing up to the latest version of unraid
Thank you,

Edited by bombz