[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

5 hours ago, Ruby-Rube said:

there is very little data on my cache drive, probably old VM images, etc. that I don’t even want/need anymore..

If you truly don't want any of that existing data, you can always just format it.

The swap part of the conversion won't work with a cache drive anyway.

If you want to play it safe and keep the data, disable VM and Docker services in setup, so the tabs no longer appear in the GUI, then set all shares that have data on the cache to cache:YES and run the mover. That should empty the cache to the array, then once there is no data left on the cache, format it, and set the shares you changed to cache:YES to cache:Prefer and run the mover again. Once that is done and the data is back, enable docker and VM services.

Thank you!..

…it seems my 1tb drive in the unassigned device plug-in is reiserFS as well, please tell me how I may reformat that drive to XFS… it is empty and not currently in use…

…even after enabling destructive mode, I do not see a way to change the file system or format it

14 minutes ago, Ruby-Rube said:

it seems my 1tb drive in the unassigned device plug-in is reiserFS as well, please tell me how I may reformat that drive to XFS… it is empty and not currently in use…

…even after enabling destructive mode, I do not see a way to change the file system or format it

I think if you delete the partition it will reformat.

If you can't figure it out, post in the Unassigned Devices support thread.

Hi, the plugin show the following warning under UNRaid 6.11

Extra packages being installed were found in /boot/extra. It is not recommended to install any packages this way.

but the recommend way to install packages on UNRaid 6.11 it's putting them in "/boot/extra"

27 minutes ago, DjBill said:

Hi, the plugin show the following warning under UNRaid 6.11

Extra packages being installed were found in /boot/extra. It is not recommended to install any packages this way.

but the recommend way to install packages on UNRaid 6.11 it's putting them in "/boot/extra"

*Technically* it is not recommended to install any additional packages on the OS.

However due to how the replacement NerdTools plugin now works, this test has to go bye-bye.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Keek Uras said:

Hello! This morning I found that my system is reporting "/var/log is getting full (currently 100 % used)". My server has only been up for 1 day & 23 hours. Attached are the diagnostics. Should I be concerned? Thanks!

repository-diagnostics-20221009-0802.zip 288.06 kB · 0 downloads

Figured out the cause - I unloaded the drivers for the Dynamix System Temp plugin and the issue stopped. 

Hi all

I have jumbo frames active and I did that because I thought that would give the highest speed for 10GB networks. My server has a 10GB SFP+ nic in it. Do I still need to switch back to 1500 MTU? 

I have been trying to find some content around what to do for 10GB networks and Jumbo frames but I am not able to. 

Anyone else with similar experience of what needs to happen here?

https://netcraftsmen.com/just-say-no-to-jumbo-frames/

Without commenting on specifics, Jumbo frames will always give you the highest possible speed at the cost of a maintenance and troubleshooting nightmare.  Back in the day of dialup speeds over networks it likely made a noticeable difference.  With today's speeds (and the hardware assisted offloading etc) it may only be a synthetic benchmark improvement.

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

https://netcraftsmen.com/just-say-no-to-jumbo-frames/

Without commenting on specifics, Jumbo frames will always give you the highest possible speed at the cost of a maintenance and troubleshooting nightmare.  Back in the day of dialup speeds over networks it likely made a noticeable difference.  With today's speeds (and the hardware assisted offloading etc) it may only be a synthetic benchmark improvement.

so even with 10gb, it is advisable to turn it back to 1500 mtu?

With Jumbo frames, every device on the network that can communicate with each other has to have the same MTU settings.  Switches, devices, everything has to be configured identically.  Much easier to use the defaults unless every ounce of bandwidth is important to you.  Once again though, I cannot comment specifically on whatever speed increase you might see in your specific case

Is it possible to disable warnings due to outdated plugins and/or docker containers?
I check these manually on a regular basis, but get alerts constantly when an update comes out 12 hours after the check. I'd prefer not to receive the warning, and instead just check manually later.

Due to how often I get warnings due to this, I rarely check what the warning notification is for, as I assume it's due to a plugin or docker container, so if there's any actual issues I likely won't notice for quite a while due to thinking it's just something needing an update.

13 minutes ago, Squid said:

Are you talking about the docker safe new permissions?  Its always been within Tools in the OS

Thanks a lot!! Excuse me beingfor being dumb... really, found it there easily. I remeber i've used it already, but couldn't find it for a couple of days already. Should I delete my post in order to keep the thread clean? 

Edited by mamaraci
On 10/15/2022 at 10:02 PM, SakabaRihiro said:

Is it possible to disable warnings due to outdated plugins and/or docker containers?
I check these manually on a regular basis, but get alerts constantly when an update comes out 12 hours after the check. I'd prefer not to receive the warning, and instead just check manually later.

Due to how often I get warnings due to this, I rarely check what the warning notification is for, as I assume it's due to a plugin or docker container, so if there's any actual issues I likely won't notice for quite a while due to thinking it's just something needing an update.

I would love this option personally, I have the same issue.  I have auto-updates once a week so this is just annoying.  Maybe an option if it gets n days old?

Also, just updated to Unraid 6.11.1.  I have some 'docker container x had update' warnings in ignored section.  I went to add some now, I click ignore warning, I click OK to confirm, I get green check, but it doesnt move to bottom section until I click rescan.  I'm pretty sure it went straight to bottom before hand - is this a new bug or am I mis-remembering?

Hello,

Thank you for the plugin. It has helped me out many times. I recently was shown the turn of your ad blocker message. I use ublock origin. I looked at the blocked domains and found the paypalobjects.com domain loading. I did search this topic and found a reply form 2018 

The preview looks wrong while not editing maybe?

I did click credits. It is not clear why paypalobjects are loading on this page to me. I hovered over every link and they all lead back to lime-tech.com slash forms kind of urls. Is there a donate button I am not seeing or is the paypalobjects code not used?

Once again thanks for the plugin. i am using version 2022.10.17.

Becker

Edited by sbeckeriv
link preview looked wrong.