[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

I had to delete my docker image file for an unrelated issue and when i rebuilt it (my nextcloud wasnt updated before) it nows gives me this:

Update needed

Please use the command line updater because you have a big instance.

For help, see the documentation.

I have no idea how to fix it.  Any ideas?

Solution to my problem if anyone else encounters the same thing:

1. Downloaded the new tar file from nexcloud website. (probably not needed)

2. SSH to server

3. run docker ps to get the docker ID

5. Enter the docker SSH: docker exec -it abcIDxyz bash

6. Go to the nextcloud directory: cd /config/www/

7. Give the webserver user (abc) ownership of the files: chown -R abc:abc nextcloud

8. Enter nextcloud directory: cd nextcloud

9. Run the upgrader manually: sudo -u abc php occ upgrade

Unable to create new users, found a bug post that seems similar,

https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/2734

But no clues on how to fix, anyone else ran into this?  I saw several people report that time discrepancies can be the cause.  I glanced around and while the Nextcloud docker is running GMT, and everything else CST, the actual time is correct for the time zone. Could the GMT/CST be at play? Or is this just some sort of other bug going on?

Look at "Additional settings" - "Password policy" and uncheck the enforcement options.

Wow, a quick and easy fix. I swear I had tried multiple passwords, but I guess Nextcloud not giving a message as to why it was failing led me down the path of thinking I was experiencing the problem others had reported.  Thanks

Hi - just installing nextcloud for the first time, using the guide in the original post

I get all the way to configuring nextcloud via the webgui and get this error when clicking "finish"  (see attached screenshot).

both dockers seem to be installed correctly- not sure on how to troubleshoot this.

thanks

nextcloud_error.PNG.a34e032d5a6bb3fc56f3da3f4e7be797.PNG

Hi - just installing nextcloud for the first time, using the guide in the original post

I get all the way to configuring nextcloud via the webgui and get this error when clicking "finish"  (see attached screenshot).

both dockers seem to be installed correctly- not sure on how to troubleshoot this.

thanks

Be helpful if you showed us the rest of that screen

see attached for whole screenshot

for database name I have tried "mariadb-nextcloud" which is the name in the mariadb docker, and and just "nextcloud" which is used in the install guide.

thanks

The name of the database can be anything you want it to be.  You sure you're putting the correct root password in?  Should be the one in the docker template for Mariadb

and nextcloud docker image attached - previous post ran out of image room.

I think Nextcloud has changed the setup a little bit from when I last tried.

Remove the container & image for nextcloud and mariadb, wipe you nextcloud appdata and wipe your mariadb appdata (assuming this is solely being used for nextcloud) and pull it again.  Gonna have to get down and dirty with the terminal I'm afraid.

Edit custom.cnf and do two thing.  Change line 118 to read

binlog_format=mixed

and change line 124 to read

bind-address=0.0.0.0

Then in a terminal in your /config folder

chmod 644 custom.cnf

Then

docker exec -it mariadb-nextcloud bash
mysql -uroot -p 

Enter your root password for MariaDB

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS nextcloud;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON nextcloud.* TO 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '$MARIADB-ROOT-PASSWORD';
quit

Restart the MariaDB container.

Then pull the nextcloud image and at the setup screen use

root
$MARIADB-ROOT-PASSWORD
$UNRAID-IP:PORT

Database name will be nextcloud.

to connect to it.

thanks- I made it all the way down to terminal code with "Create user..."

I can't tell in those line what is a comment from you and what I am supposed to type..

for example for this

CREATE USER '$WHATEVER-USER'@'$UNRAID-IP' IDENTIFIED BY '$WHATEVER-PASSWORD'

would I type

"CREATE USER [email protected] IDENTIFIED BY password"

Anything starting with $ is a variable you have to choose.

Hey LinuxServer guys,

I saw that the nextcloud docker is no longer on your website (maybe because it's beta?).  Just wanted to verify you're not dropping development of it.

Also (unrelated to nextcloud, sorry):

Congrads on making it into the Plex newsletter!  Does that mean you're dropping support for Linuxserver's Plex docker?

Keep up the good work!

Hey LinuxServer guys,

I saw that the nextcloud docker is no longer on your website (maybe because it's beta?).  Just wanted to verify you're not dropping development of it.

It's still there....

Also (unrelated to nextcloud, sorry):

Congrads on making it into the Plex newsletter!  Does that mean you're dropping support for Linuxserver's Plex docker?

Keep up the good work!

Nope, they're two separate entities.

I think I got through it ok - however still an error when configuring nextcloud (see attached)

not sure if I made a mistake configuring mariadb or something else.

thanks

Nah, sorry, it's my fault, trying to do several things at once and db management isn't my forte I'm afraid.  I've updated the instructions above.  Try from the beginning.  I've just tested it and it works (I think....)  ???

Hey Chuga--

Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one with this issue.  I'm in the same boat and I believe something has changed.  I had this working several days ago no problems and now I get stuck on the same error as your last post (I had it working then decided to start over yesterday just to clean things up and for learning).  Since then no luck getting past the same error you've reported in the post above.

I've gone as far as removing everything (including docker.img) and not using templates.  I've noticed that when pulling the nextcloud docker from the "apps" tab that the orange helpful notes below each section no longer appear.  I've checked in some of the logs (still trying to find out how to get to mariadb syslog!) for nextcloud and there's mention of a 11.0.1 version.  My guess is there's been an update as I'm almost certain my previous version was 10.0.2.

Hey Chuga--

Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one with this issue.  I'm in the same boat and I believe something has changed.  I had this working several days ago no problems and now I get stuck on the same error as your last post (I had it working then decided to start over yesterday just to clean things up and for learning).  Since then no luck getting past the same error you've reported in the post above.

I've gone as far as removing everything (including docker.img) and not using templates.  I've noticed that when pulling the nextcloud docker from the "apps" tab that the orange helpful notes below each section no longer appear.  I've checked in some of the logs (still trying to find out how to get to mariadb syslog!) for nextcloud and there's mention of a 11.0.1 version.  My guess is there's been an update as I'm almost certain my previous version was 10.0.2.

and nextcloud docker image attached - previous post ran out of image room.

I think Nextcloud has changed the setup a little bit from when I last tried.